Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Maxwell007
    • By Maxwell007 5th Jan 17, 4:45 PM
    • 239Posts
    • 78Thanks
    Maxwell007
    TOTO Energy Very Cheap Energy . .
    • 5th Jan 17, 4:45 PM
    TOTO Energy Very Cheap Energy . . 5th Jan 17 at 4:45 PM
    TOTO Energy entered the UK energy market in 2016. They are a small gas and electricity supplier based in Brighton. As a new supplier, TOTO Energy was not included in our most recent independent YouGov survey so don't have a customer satisfaction rating.

Direct debit payments will be increased by 20% in winter months (October to March) to cover increased usage but this doesnít change your overall yearly costs
    Last edited by Maxwell007; 05-01-2017 at 5:34 PM. Reason: info
Page 1
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 5th Jan 17, 5:41 PM
    • 4,513 Posts
    • 2,693 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 5th Jan 17, 5:41 PM
    • 5th Jan 17, 5:41 PM
    They are so cheap that I couldn't find their website to get a quote.
    • Scrounger
    • By Scrounger 5th Jan 17, 5:59 PM
    • 710 Posts
    • 345 Thanks
    Scrounger
    • 5th Jan 17, 5:59 PM
    • 5th Jan 17, 5:59 PM
    http://totoenergy.com/
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 5th Jan 17, 6:08 PM
    • 4,513 Posts
    • 2,693 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 5th Jan 17, 6:08 PM
    • 5th Jan 17, 6:08 PM
    Thanks - they must be new as the site is not picked up by search engines. There seems to be no way of getting a quote based on an annual projection. It might be because I was reluctant to go past the opening page which stated ' I WANT THIS TARIFF.' - along with an e-mail address.
    • SammenForLivet2
    • By SammenForLivet2 5th Jan 17, 6:28 PM
    • 563 Posts
    • 563 Thanks
    SammenForLivet2
    • 5th Jan 17, 6:28 PM
    • 5th Jan 17, 6:28 PM
    Can't say that I'm that impressed by the tariffs they have on offer...
    Thank you all for helping me make my day by saving money!
    Although I work for a big six energy supplier, any views, opinions or ideas are my own, and don't represent the views of my employer.
    • FOREVER21
    • By FOREVER21 5th Jan 17, 8:23 PM
    • 1,696 Posts
    • 1,004 Thanks
    FOREVER21
    • 5th Jan 17, 8:23 PM
    • 5th Jan 17, 8:23 PM
    Thanks - they must be new as the site is not picked up by search engines. There seems to be no way of getting a quote based on an annual projection. It might be because I was reluctant to go past the opening page which stated ' I WANT THIS TARIFF.' - along with an e-mail address.
    Originally posted by Hengus
    Agree they only have quotes for low, medium or high useage. But I selected medium and the next step showed their tariff costs,together with standing charge.No need to click on I want this tarrif.

Using my own useage figures they worked out at £45 more than the Iresa estimate. Also the Toto was for a variable tarrif, not a 1 year fix ,like Iresa.

Iresa seems to be favourite at the moment, despite my previous reservations.
    • jlfan
    • By jlfan 5th Jan 17, 8:37 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    jlfan
    • 5th Jan 17, 8:37 PM
    • 5th Jan 17, 8:37 PM
    Agree they only have quotes for low, medium or high useage. But I selected medium and the next step showed their tariff costs,together with standing charge.No need to click on I want this tarrif.

Using my own useage figures they worked out at £45 more than the Iresa estimate. Also the Toto was for a variable tarrif, not a 1 year fix ,like Iresa.

Iresa seems to be favourite at the moment, despite my previous reservations.
    Originally posted by FOREVER21
    I'm happy with the pricing from Iresa and so far the very limited communication emails seem straight forward to understand. The proof of the pudding though is going to be the switch and their ongoing billing service - I'm hopeful, nothing more.

If E.on finish their ridiculous experimenting with their weird tariff testing and get back to basics, with an improvement on v21 I would still stay, but my v19 finishes 26th Jan so time is ticking and I had to start Iresa going.

Good luck with deliberations!
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 6th Jan 17, 8:58 AM
    • 4,513 Posts
    • 2,693 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 6th Jan 17, 8:58 AM
    • 6th Jan 17, 8:58 AM
    [QUOTE=jlfan;71875404 but my v19 finishes 26th Jan so time is ticking and I had to start Iresa going.

![/QUOTE]

You do indeed. If you switched to Iresa today then it will take no action until the 21st - and this includes informing your present supplier that you are leaving. If notification is not received before the end of your fixed term contract then you will default to the SVR pending the switch gong through.
    • BrightonBargains
    • By BrightonBargains 22nd Feb 17, 12:12 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    BrightonBargains
    • 22nd Feb 17, 12:12 PM
    TOTO launched even cheaper tariff if you pay 12 months
    • 22nd Feb 17, 12:12 PM

check out their website today.

TOTO Energy entered the UK energy market in 2016. They are a small gas and electricity supplier based in Brighton. As a new supplier, TOTO Energy was not included in our most recent independent YouGov survey so don't have a customer satisfaction rating.

Direct debit payments will be increased by 20% in winter months (October to March) to cover increased usage but this doesnít change your overall yearly costs
    Originally posted by Maxwell007
    • Robin9
    • By Robin9 22nd Feb 17, 12:39 PM
    • 1,835 Posts
    • 1,192 Thanks
    Robin9
    Interesting that OP is called BrightonBargains and Toto is based in Brighton.
    • Maxwell007
    • By Maxwell007 22nd Feb 17, 1:38 PM
    • 239 Posts
    • 78 Thanks
    Maxwell007
    Interesting that OP is called BrightonBargains and Toto is based in Brighton.
    Originally posted by Robin9

LOOL at the above . . .

Tonik Positive Energy v2 is cheaper and with no exit free . . .
    • serenity2012
    • By serenity2012 2nd May 17, 4:58 PM
    • 1,703 Posts
    • 94,304 Thanks
    serenity2012
    Based in Brighton? They have been knocking on doors in my street in Plymouth pretending to be the company that is going to put in smart meters in all homes. Tried to get a foot in my door that way. I called EDF and asked and they said in no way were they asked to do this and it turns out they are using this fraudulent statement to sneakily try and switch you. They told me they were responsible for putting the smart meters in our homes. Turns out that was a blatant lie. I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.
    August-September 2017: Lots of stuff
    • Helen2k8
    • By Helen2k8 18th Aug 17, 12:05 PM
    • 345 Posts
    • 1,974 Thanks
    Helen2k8
    Based in Brighton? They have been knocking on doors in my street in Plymouth pretending to be the company that is going to put in smart meters in all homes. Tried to get a foot in my door that way. I called EDF and asked and they said in no way were they asked to do this and it turns out they are using this fraudulent statement to sneakily try and switch you. They told me they were responsible for putting the smart meters in our homes. Turns out that was a blatant lie. I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.
    Originally posted by serenity2012
    They are doing this up north now too.
    • Michaelw
    • By Michaelw 18th Aug 17, 2:11 PM
    • 62 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Michaelw
    Originally posted by serenity2012
    There has been complaints about people being switched to them unwittingly.

I was with them for a short period of time but trying to get through on the phone was near/or impossible but that appears common for new small suppilers.There is a call back option but they either never rang back or some considerable later.Sometimes they souded rude another complait mentioned.

It might be different now and everyones experience differs.
    • fe71
    • By fe71 21st Aug 17, 6:40 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    fe71
    Bad unorganised service so far....
    I joined Toto in April, my DD was due to in May. They didnt claim it for 3 months and then sent me emails asking for the full missing payments. They blamed the signing up site for not providing the full DD details but surely they should have seen they had no money coming in for 3 mths! I've been trying for 3 weeks to resolve this issue but not had the best of service over the phone and my email to the company has been ignored. I then was asked to submit my readings online and it wouldnt take my gas reading as its stated it was lower than the previous one! Not happy with this company and will have to pay £20 to leave them from their inadequate customer service.
    • boardster
    • By boardster 2nd Sep 17, 12:43 AM
    • 49 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    boardster
    Joined April too, never sent my gas meter reading to Ovo so a disputed reading which they still haven't resolved.

Every time contact them it's been escalated and being investigated but still nothing happens.
    £20 sounding like a bargain could be out by Christmas :-)
    • mr_accountant
    • By mr_accountant 4th Sep 17, 3:00 PM
    • 625 Posts
    • 152 Thanks
    mr_accountant
    no good
    My experience of Toto energy

Signed up for switch on 12/5/17

Rang up a couple of days before to check all OK for the switch, and found they had the wrong bank sort code ( I checked all details before submitting form)

Still no bills, almost 4 months later, despite sending monthly meter readings

Average time before phone answered: 30-45 mins

Tried email, second one to complaints@totoenergy.com, still waiting for a reply on either

Website designed by a 5-year old, maybe thatís being unkind to a 5 year old!

Online meter readings donít work

Still not received cashback because Toto energy have not confirmed switch is complete to CEC

Not recommended, no correct systems in place and very understaffed
    • weby72
    • By weby72 11th Sep 17, 2:01 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    weby72
    The tariff showing on the MSE Energy Club doesn't seem to apply now when you go to the Toto site.

Electricity gone up from 11p/kWh (price quoted on the MSE EC site) to 14.21p/kWh

That isn't cheap at all, so the drawbridge must have been pulled up
    • blueincubus
    • By blueincubus 11th Sep 17, 3:02 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    blueincubus
    The tariff showing on the MSE Energy Club doesn't seem to apply now when you go to the Toto site.

Electricity gone up from 11p/kWh (price quoted on the MSE EC site) to 14.21p/kWh

That isn't cheap at all, so the drawbridge must have been pulled up
    Originally posted by weby72
    The tarrif is available, but it's hidden on their site, I think they must be hoping people accidentally sign up to the more expensive ones. You need to call them directly to access the cheaper tarrif and ask for it specifically.
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 11th Sep 17, 3:49 PM
    • 3,813 Posts
    • 1,518 Thanks
    footyguy
    The tarrif is available, but it's hidden on their site, I think they must be hoping people accidentally sign up to the more expensive ones. You need to call them directly to access the cheaper tarrif and ask for it specifically.
    Originally posted by blueincubus
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=73110331&postcount=4
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

386Posts Today

5,019Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin