Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • davethetaller
    • By davethetaller 4th Jan 17, 6:16 PM
    • 385Posts
    • 135Thanks
    davethetaller
    Autoaid / Claim back or not?
    • 4th Jan 17, 6:16 PM
    Autoaid / Claim back or not? 4th Jan 17 at 6:16 PM
    Hi all,

My friend is looking for breakdown insurance, and I thought of a company I used a few years ago, called Autoaid.

They had really good feedback, and the only downside, was that you paid for the breakdown, then claimed back.

I know that they were taken over about 6 months ago, and wonder if the "pay and claim back", is still in force, with the new owners.

I looked at their website, but I am still unsure, as to what they want.

Any feedback will be welcomed.
Page 1
    • vansboy
    • By vansboy 4th Jan 17, 8:04 PM
    • 6,060 Posts
    • 4,296 Thanks
    vansboy
    • 4th Jan 17, 8:04 PM
    • 4th Jan 17, 8:04 PM
    I've been with them for a few years and unfortunately needed their services 4 times in last couple years.

Each time been very efficient, good communication from their call centre, as well as the recovery agents they sent out.

Despite being aware that they COULD apply the pay and claim back system, Never had to pay anything other than the annual cover, which has always been around £40ish.

VB
    • Inner Zone
    • By Inner Zone 4th Jan 17, 8:21 PM
    • 1,700 Posts
    • 918 Thanks
    Inner Zone
    • 4th Jan 17, 8:21 PM
    • 4th Jan 17, 8:21 PM
    I used them a month ago and did not have to pay the recovery company anything.
    • barnaclebill
    • By barnaclebill 4th Jan 17, 8:52 PM
    • 217 Posts
    • 118 Thanks
    barnaclebill
    • 4th Jan 17, 8:52 PM
    • 4th Jan 17, 8:52 PM
    Got a flat tyre tonight, called autoaid, good call centre, van came in about 40 minutes and fitted my compact spare, only had to sign for work done.
    Good service all round
    • davethetaller
    • By davethetaller 4th Jan 17, 9:07 PM
    • 385 Posts
    • 135 Thanks
    davethetaller
    • 4th Jan 17, 9:07 PM
    • 4th Jan 17, 9:07 PM
    Many thanks for your quick posts.

I think that I can now recommend AutoA. with some confidence.
    • Stan.In.Devon
    • By Stan.In.Devon 19th Mar 17, 10:54 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Stan.In.Devon
    • 19th Mar 17, 10:54 PM
    • 19th Mar 17, 10:54 PM
    Been with them on and off since 1984 (only lapsed when buying a new car which had it's own cover... but mainly continuous cover for most of that time).

Only just seen that it's not 100% pay and claim now. Hope that doesn't cause major increase in cost... it has always been such good value you'd be daft not to have it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,053Posts Today

7,257Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin