Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Daisydoop
    • By Daisydoop 2nd Jan 15, 8:32 PM
    • 42Posts
    • 41Thanks
    Daisydoop
    How much does everyone bring in from home?
    • 2nd Jan 15, 8:32 PM
    How much does everyone bring in from home? 2nd Jan 15 at 8:32 PM
    Hi sorry if this has been covered before, MSE is very new to me still, well money saving in general is new to me! But I've had my light bulb moment and 2015 is bringing a new me!

Just wondering how everyone boosts their income and roughly by how much? How long would you say you spend earning at home?

Hope that's not too personal, I'm sure a lot of newbies could gain insight from the people who know what they're doing and in turn know what they're talking about?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Daisydoop; 02-01-2015 at 8:34 PM. Reason: Error
Page 7
    • scaredofdebt
    • By scaredofdebt 27th Jan 17, 2:55 PM
    • 894 Posts
    • 354 Thanks
    scaredofdebt
    I earn around £27k from the day job, 37 hrs per week.

Another £1k annually from my websites and blogs.

Around £2k annually (gross) as a freelance webdeveloper.

Finally just started Matched Betting, making £200 a month from that but early days, but it is tax-free!
    Matched Betting novice - Earnings to date - £161.16 so far this month.
    • Laura901
    • By Laura901 29th Jan 17, 9:30 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Laura901
    I'm new, but so far have made about £500 in the last 6 months, not a big amount but every little helps!
    • DebtFreeDebbie
    • By DebtFreeDebbie 30th Jan 17, 1:32 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    DebtFreeDebbie
    I'm yet to do the specific calculations, but I made just over £1,500 last year through Facebook Buy / Sell groups making cakes for kids' birthdays. I had so many people comment over the years about how great they looked / doing a few for friends that I finally decided to give it a go 'for real' in my spare time and the response was great. Just about staying active and ensuring your posts are bumped each day so people can see them. The work isn't overwhelming (at least not yet) and it's made such a big difference to our household budget. Hoping for something similar this year! :-)
    • crackerjackj
    • By crackerjackj 2nd Feb 17, 11:57 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    crackerjackj
    Is it really that easy to make money with youtube anna?? Surely to make any money from advertising you need a loyal fanbase that watch your videos, and for that you need a niche that makes people want to watch your videos. Won't it take years before any money is actually made?
    • Ilona
    • By Ilona 2nd Feb 17, 12:01 PM
    • 1,859 Posts
    • 6,419 Thanks
    Ilona
    Youtube is one of the easiest ways to make money online.
    Originally posted by annajaden
    I have videos on yoootooob, but don't make any money. Can you tell me what I should be doing please?

Ilona
    I love skip diving
    • Marvqn1
    • By Marvqn1 2nd Feb 17, 12:21 PM
    • 324 Posts
    • 210 Thanks
    Marvqn1
    I have videos on yoootooob, but don't make any money. Can you tell me what I should be doing please?

Ilona
    Originally posted by Ilona
    What way are you trying to make money with your videos?

Have you monetized your YouTube channel with Adsense?
    • Flyonthewall
    • By Flyonthewall 2nd Feb 17, 1:10 PM
    • 4,147 Posts
    • 2,821 Thanks
    Flyonthewall

Ilona
    Originally posted by Ilona
    Adsense is what you need, but you have to meet the requirements and follow the rules.

You cannot monetise (i.e. put adsense on) your videos if they contain copyrighted material you have no permission to use.

If you break the rules you'll lose your adsense account for good.

Adsense isn't a magic money maker though - your videos need to be getting views in order for people to be watching and possibly clicking ads to generate money.
    • VinnyC
    • By VinnyC 2nd Feb 17, 11:44 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    VinnyC
    You could try affiliate marketing. There are plenty of companies in many different industries that enable affiliates to advertise their products in exchange for a percentage of every sale made through their referrals. It's easy to do - you don't even need a website, could just do it through a twitter account.

Alternatively, for some more assured income, you could do some freelance work, for example content writing. Websites like Upwork enable you to register as a freelancer, and then you can apply for jobs that have been posted/ clients can request an interview from you.
    • scaredofdebt
    • By scaredofdebt 3rd Feb 17, 1:07 PM
    • 894 Posts
    • 354 Thanks
    scaredofdebt
    Matched Betting would fit the bill but be careful you understand what you are getting into before you do it.

Half an hour day is sufficient to start off and once you get the hang of it then 10 minutes or so daily is all you need.

I know people who are making £300 a month consistently doing this, I have only been doing it a couple of months myself but it does seem feasible.

There is a section in these forums about it.
    Matched Betting novice - Earnings to date - £161.16 so far this month.
    • avogadro
    • By avogadro 11th Apr 17, 10:17 AM
    • 3,200 Posts
    • 5,392 Thanks
    avogadro
    working from home?
    Not entirely sure whether this belongs on the employment board or Boost Your Income, - it could possibly fit into either. I am looking to up my income through working at home. Having health issues, caring responsibilities and having been out of the work force for many years it would appear to be the best option, but I am wondering where to start?

I am going over a list of things in my head as to what skills I have and what I could actually do. I have a degree in modern languages, gained a few years ago. Would translation be an option, or would my skills be considered to be too out of date now.

Writing might be another option, but without any experience of working as a writer, would that be feasible or possible? I also thought of proof reading, but I don't have a qualification in this.

I have a few basic skills in crafting, but how to make it pay..

I would be interested to hear from others who may have been in a similar situation, and how they managed to take the first steps.
    • LuxuryWoman
    • By LuxuryWoman 12th Apr 17, 9:49 AM
    • 57 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    LuxuryWoman
    There are certainly people making money from Translation, I would suggest if you have a Facebook account taking a look at some of the translation groups on there and asking for advice - just enter Translation groups, have a look around and see which ones you feel comfortable with. To translate you will need translation software packages, excellent internet connection and a reliable computer as well as good 'people' skills - you'd have to sell yourself a bit and get yourself known

Proofreading s a very difficult thing to get into, I've done it for years but my work has come to a standstill now, so much competition, and I'm looking to get into another industry.

There is also a lot of competition within crafting, so do some research and find out if your product is something that would sell - take a look at Etsy and also Facebook again is your friend - it can be a very powerful tool for the lone worker, used correctly.

If you have excellent computer and admin skills plus the equipment I mentioned upthread you could take a look at some of the freelancer sites (people per hour and the like)
    People do use virtual assistants - that could be an option, but again it's getting yourself out there.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do
    • PasturesNew
    • By PasturesNew 14th Apr 17, 10:48 AM
    • 59,641 Posts
    • 348,427 Thanks
    PasturesNew
    One avenue to explore, especially with your degree in languages, is to offer online English conversation sessions to furreners.

There are sites online you can register with to do this if you wish to ease yourself into it ....or go it alone if you're confident and gung-ho.

It's done via chat sessions/webcam in time-booked sessions, one-to-one.

It'd probably yield the highest return for your time, so you can spend fewer hours doing it than by other methods.
    • makemesumdosh
    • By makemesumdosh 14th Apr 17, 11:30 AM
    • 286 Posts
    • 86 Thanks
    makemesumdosh
    An easy way (tax free and legal) to boost income is matched betting.
    there is a thread on here. have a read through to make sure your comfortable in doing this. you could easily make £2- £3,000 for very little time.
    it involves opening accounts with bookmakers, placing a to win bet then placing a not to win bet on Betfair Exchange. you will incur a small loss on this process but then get a free bet which you use to make money.
    You could do this with 50+ bookmakers who all offer free bets to new customers.

THE LARGER THE FREE BET THE MORE PROFIT YOU MAKE.

Just a word of warning, if you do take this up, read the begineers threads, then read then again. football matches as the best option, but place bets before kickoff
    • DBlenks90
    • By DBlenks90 20th Apr 17, 6:42 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    DBlenks90
    This is a great thread. Thanks for everyone sharing their ideas! I'm new here, and wondering, on average, what's the hourly rate everyone is getting? I'm curious which places have the highest return on "time for £" out there?

I'd love to try to add a little bit to my income stream on the side.
    • geek84
    • By geek84 21st Apr 17, 1:45 PM
    • 1,013 Posts
    • 105 Thanks
    geek84
    Popular working from home jobs
    Hi Folks

Can you give me ideas on popular work from home jobs that can produce a reasonable income so that it equates to a full time job wage?

Thanks
    • tykesi
    • By tykesi 21st Apr 17, 2:28 PM
    • 1,722 Posts
    • 2,367 Thanks
    tykesi
    Oh god, here we go again.

There's a perfectly good search function on the forum, you know!
    £2017 in 2017 - £3238.42
    • S Lewis
    • By S Lewis 28th Jul 17, 2:21 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    S Lewis
    Work from home
    Hi all. I'm a stay at home mum looking for some work from home. I've tried survey taking and kleeneze online to no avail does anyone have any ideas to make little extra money?
    • Ilona
    • By Ilona 28th Jul 17, 5:29 PM
    • 1,859 Posts
    • 6,419 Thanks
    Ilona
    Hi all. I'm a stay at home mum looking for some work from home. I've tried survey taking and kleeneze online to no avail does anyone have any ideas to make little extra money?
    Originally posted by S Lewis
    That is such a wide ranging question, no one can answer it without more information.
    What are you interested in?
    What are you good at?
    What would you like to do?
    How many hours can you work?
    How often can you work?
    Are you good with your hands?
    Are you good with your brain?
    Have you any qualifications?
    Have you any experience?
    How are your communication skills?
    Are you a practical person?
    Do you mind getting your hands dirty?
    Does it have to fit in with school hours?
    Can you work nights?
    Computer or phone based?
    Any administration skills?
    Check through the Boost Your Income board and see if there is anything that takes your fancy.

Ilona
    I love skip diving
    • fawndanecharlie
    • By fawndanecharlie 5th Aug 17, 11:52 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    fawndanecharlie
    How?
    Hi Katy. This is all new to me but I really need some extra to make ends meet. Please would you be kind enough to let me know what you've joined to earn. I'd really appreciate a little help please.
    Thank you
    Melanie
    • Victory88
    • By Victory88 6th Aug 17, 2:45 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Victory88
    Fantastic and useful tips for online earning. This thread is inspiring me. Thanks.
    If you have a dream, you must protect it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,652Posts Today

8,636Users online

Martin's Twitter