Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sashybo
    • By sashybo 2nd Jan 17, 10:55 PM
    • 2,421Posts
    • 18,464Thanks
    sashybo
    Sashybo - Back Again
    • 2nd Jan 17, 10:55 PM
    Sashybo - Back Again 2nd Jan 17 at 10:55 PM
    Hi all, has been a good long while this time since I've had a diary, think this is number 4 overall. My last diary can be found HERE.

Current debt now under 10K. This is mostly made up of loans we had to take out to cover the negative equity of the flat we sold a couple of years ago.

I must admit we have slipped occasionally and had to do a couple of BT's etc as got into a bit more debt when we bought a new house & wanted shiny new things to go in it.

Overall, things are headed in the right direction but now we have a new challenge as DH & I are expecting a baby in May.

I only get 3 months full pay then 3 months half pay on maternity leave in my job & won't be able to go back full time as we both do shift work and there's no way to work childcare around the shifts we do (7 days in a row & many unsociable hours to boot). So we'll have to reduce the spending & batter the debt as will have a smaller income.

So I've come crawling back - I find having a diary here does help to keep me focused and stop so much silly spending.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

PAD started 27/01/09 - £8674 extra paid off debt. Total Debt paid off £44,164.26
    Loans 1 & 2 £4654.92, Car loans £24,970.39
Page 22
    • sashybo
    • By sashybo 8th Sep 17, 10:22 PM
    • 2,421 Posts
    • 18,464 Thanks
    sashybo
    Thanks Scott, I'll have a look at those other sites, might as well try & make extra money whilst on mat leave & DS not on the move yet!

Hi Bob, so nice to "see" you. Aww thanks, DS is a really good natured wee soul, I don't know where he gets it from! He's starting to laugh at things now, mostly DH's face amusingly enough, he doesn't even have to be looking at DS, must just have a funny looking face. DS was peeking at DH over my arm last night when I was trying to get him to sleep & just kept bursting out laughing. So funny.

Yes the cat's bill just had to come at the worst possible time after us having to replace the dishwasher & the fridge freezer over the last couple of months as well. Feels like one step forward, two steps back at times. You're right though, will get there in the end.

I definitely feel better when I'm doing my yoga regularly Bob. My chiropractor is a big yoga fan too & she said it's helping my back/pelvis so need to keep it up. I have noticed that some shapes are harder to achieve since having DS or are actually a bit sore, so have to adjust so I don't hurt myself.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

PAD started 27/01/09 - £8674 extra paid off debt. Total Debt paid off £44,164.26
    • sashybo
    • By sashybo 12th Sep 17, 5:10 PM
    • 2,421 Posts
    • 18,464 Thanks
    sashybo
    Have been a bit rubbish at updating here the last few days, like to do it as it keeps me on track.

Loan no1 is now under £300! So close to being paid off - if it takes until November (hoping to do it quicker than that) it will be paid off 18 months early.

Have done around 30 mins yoga everyday except yesterday as decided that would be my rest day.

Poor DS a bit unsettled as his gums have been sore again but he's cheerful most of the time. He managed to roll over from his tummy onto his back twice today. Both times when I wasn't in the room with him - typical! I put him on his big blanket on the floor for some tummy time whilst doing a couple of things, ran upstairs to get a clean bib, came back down & he was lying on his back looking vaguely puzzled, as though "How did I get here?" Put him back onto his tummy & nipped into the kitchen, came back & he was on his back again!

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 14th Sep 17, 1:05 PM
    • 2,421 Posts
    • 18,464 Thanks
    sashybo
    DS managed to roll over again twice yesterday, think he might be getting the hang of it now. He was very good yesterday & I managed to get the bathrooms cleaned as well as some surveys done whilst he chilled out in his bouncy chair. Bought him a space saver jumperoo in the Mr A baby event (not as big, cheaper & can be folded I think) - going to set it up tomorrow & see what he thinks.

Have paid another £5 off loan no1 with more survey money, can’t wait to pay it all off.

Bed stripped & sheets now out on the line, nice & windy with a bit of sun so hopefully they’ll dry quickly & the rain stays away.

DH checked our phone contracts this morning & both out of contract so he has changed us both to slightly lower priced SIM only deals. It will save £5 a month between us which is better than nothing.

Took my gas & electricity meter readings again today & have submitted them online. Have put a reminder on my phone to do this every 2 weeks.

My sister is coming up this afternoon for a while so will be good to see her. She’s going to bring some lunch with her as well.

• Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 17th Sep 17, 7:15 PM
    • 4,737 Posts
    • 20,586 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    Hope you've had a lovely weekend Sashy x
    DFW £1313.71/£7348.71 Rent Arrears £466.28/£3381.28

Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,665Posts Today

8,506Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin