Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sashybo
    • By sashybo 2nd Jan 17, 10:55 PM
    • 2,424Posts
    • 18,472Thanks
    sashybo
    Sashybo - Back Again
    • 2nd Jan 17, 10:55 PM
    Sashybo - Back Again 2nd Jan 17 at 10:55 PM
    Hi all, has been a good long while this time since I've had a diary, think this is number 4 overall. My last diary can be found HERE.

Current debt now under 10K. This is mostly made up of loans we had to take out to cover the negative equity of the flat we sold a couple of years ago.

I must admit we have slipped occasionally and had to do a couple of BT's etc as got into a bit more debt when we bought a new house & wanted shiny new things to go in it.

Overall, things are headed in the right direction but now we have a new challenge as DH & I are expecting a baby in May.

I only get 3 months full pay then 3 months half pay on maternity leave in my job & won't be able to go back full time as we both do shift work and there's no way to work childcare around the shifts we do (7 days in a row & many unsociable hours to boot). So we'll have to reduce the spending & batter the debt as will have a smaller income.

So I've come crawling back - I find having a diary here does help to keep me focused and stop so much silly spending.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

PAD started 27/01/09 - £8720 extra paid off debt. Total Debt paid off £44,562.82
    Loans 1 & 2 £4407.44, CC BT £475, Car loans £24,819.31
Page 21
    • sashybo
    • By sashybo 23rd Aug 17, 1:16 PM
    • 2,424 Posts
    • 18,472 Thanks
    sashybo
    Thanks for the tip Hidden. The teething powders seem to be mostly doing the trick, although poor DS does seem to be sore late morning & just before bedtime as this is when just cries & cries until I cuddle him in the rocking chair & he falls asleep.

Took DS to see the Dr this morning as he still has thrush on his tongue. The Dr didn't want to give him more medication as it's not affecting his feeding but I've to take him back if it gets worse.

My appointment was at 9am but all the roads between my house & the surgery were chaotic when I left the house at 8:45. Every way I tried to go there were long queues & slow moving traffic so we were a bit late. The Dr told me apparently there had been an accident on one of the main roads so that explains it. The water board are also digging up & closing a lot of roads & of course the school traffic is horrendous & I have 3 primary schools & 1 secondary school nearby so can't avoid the school traffic.

Going to the chiropractor in a couple of hours, looking forward to my pelvis hopefully feeling a bit better afterwards as still getting quite a lot of pain.

Think we'll either have fresh pasta & some focaccia (can try the dough recipe in the breadmaker) or something lazy from the freezer for dinner tonight.

Have done a couple of surveys today but nothing much. Up to £2.55 on 0nepoll.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

PAD started 27/01/09 - £8720 extra paid off debt. Total Debt paid off £44,562.82
    • sashybo
    • By sashybo 24th Aug 17, 6:48 AM
    • 2,424 Posts
    • 18,472 Thanks
    sashybo
    So last night we opted for the fresh pasta & focaccia- used the bread maker for the dough & it was quite good. Think I'll try somewhere warmer to prove the dough next time though, don't think it rose as much as it could have.

Feeling a lot more in control with food spends even just having a rough meal plan. Will have to try my best to go this more to get the spending down for when the SMP starts.

Chiropractor was definitely needed yesterday and I'm going back in 2 weeks rather than another month as still so sore. DS was smiling at everyone & having a great time as he just loves people talking to him.

Today we have a joiner coming round to do a list of jobs for us in the house. Most are smallish annoying things that we haven't gotten around to fixing over the last year or 2 so will be great to have them out of the way. We know the guy & he has done jobs for us previously which makes it a bit more comfortable, always feel a bit awkward with tradesmen in the house, especially when DH is at work.

We have part of the floor & skirting to be replaced in one room due to a leaking pipe earlier in the year (the builders/heating engineer didn't bother tightening a pipe properly & the emergency plumber had to cut the floor & skirting away to get access when it started coming through the ceiling downstairs). There was a bookshelf in that corner of the room that had to be moved so it's been lying in the wrong place for months & bags of books have also been lying about making the room look a total mess (along with all of DH's tech stuff like wires, cables & who-knows-what that he likes to leave lying on the floor ).

We are also getting a pet screen installed in the kitchen so we can open our sliding patio door for air without the cats escaping. The cats are house cats as pedigree/too stupid to be let out. Bought the pet screen a couple of months ago so again will be great to have installed instead of lying in a box.

A lot of our tomatoes have been ripening so that's good, still waiting on the chillies. We have also had a couple of cucumbers as well as runner beans & DH dug out one bag of the Maris piper potatoes we're growing- they're good but a bit small so will give the other bags a couple more weeks.

May try to do a bit of yoga this morning after getting DS back to bed.

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 25th Aug 17, 10:33 AM
    • 2,424 Posts
    • 18,472 Thanks
    sashybo
    Joiner got most of the jobs sorted yesterday but couldn't get the pet screen fully installed as there was a part missing. He has done most of the work though so once we get the missing part sent by the company we bought it from DH will be able to finish it off.

Finally got a couple of PA surveys yesterday after not getting any for about 8 days! Not far off another £20 so hopefully I'll get another few surveys so I can cash out soon.

Payday today & it's not too bad as have 2 weeks average income plus 2 weeks SMP. Next month will be a shocker as will be SMP only.

DH has dropped our eldest cat off at the vet for his dental surgery. Fingers crossed it all goes well & isn't as expensive as the vet said worst case scenario would be.

Managed 25 mins of yoga this morning & heading for a shower shortly. Will jump out to Ald! in a bit for a few things & then need to make some fairy cakes to take to our niece's birthday party tomorrow. DH off work today so he can spend time with DS whilst I get on with things.

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 26th Aug 17, 9:27 AM
    • 2,424 Posts
    • 18,472 Thanks
    sashybo
    Well the cat ended up costing MORE than the "worst case scenario" price that the vet gave us. He needed 8 teeth removed, not 4 & it cost nearly £600.

No idea how we are going to pay this off the credit card. Vet said the removals weren't due to normal dental wear & tear hygiene though, there was a health cause, so we should try & claim from our pet insurance & she would support our claim. DH taking cat back on Monday for a check so will take the claim form with him as the vet needs to fill out part of it. Fingers crossed the claim will be accepted.

We went to visit some friends last night as they hadn't seen DS for a while. Was good to see them & DS had a good time being somewhere different. He's a really nosy baby & loves to see everything and have people talking to him.

Got the fairy cakes made yesterday, just have to do the icing this morning. Off to our niece's birthday party this afternoon at my brother's house, hoping the weather stays dry so we can go into the garden. Have got DS's outfit ready to be put on at the last minute before we leave - wee jeans with braces & a shirt - so cute.

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 28th Aug 17, 6:05 PM
    • 2,424 Posts
    • 18,472 Thanks
    sashybo
    Well we all had a lovely time at our niece's party & the weather stayed dry for a change - I made pink icing for the fairy cakes & they seemed to go down well.

DS was passed around practically everyone who was there. He was great & didn't bother at all.

Yesterday we all had a lazy day, got a couple of washings done and that's about it.

Our old cat who had several teeth removed seems a lot happier & is running about like a much younger cat. He's even started sitting on my knee again, he has been avoiding doing this when I'm holding the baby (which is most of the time) but now seems happy to do it.

Took DS out to his singing/story group again today & he only fell asleep for the last 5 mins or so. Met a girl I went to school with that I haven't seen for years & her wee boy is about 4 weeks older than DS. Was nice to have a wee chat with her.

Then took DS into my work again to see the other shift & he was passed around the room. Lucky that he's good natured really isn't it.

• Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 28th Aug 17, 6:35 PM
    • 4,745 Posts
    • 20,655 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    All sounds lovely (except the poor cat and bill)

But time with friends and family nothing better x
    DFW £1313.71/£7348.71 Rent Arrears £466.28/£3381.28

Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.
    • sashybo
    • By sashybo 29th Aug 17, 11:38 PM
    • 2,424 Posts
    • 18,472 Thanks
    sashybo
    Thanks Hidden, have had a nice few days.

Today we took DS for his second vaccinations & he was great, cried for around a minute then settled down again. Also had him weighed & he's now a chunky 14lb 14oz. They want to weigh him again next time as they said he's dropped from 90 odd percentile to 70 odd and they want to check that he's gaining weight properly. He's a hungry boy & I feed him on demand so not too worried, the nurse did say he was very bright & alert so he was fine.

Had a couple of ladies from work up to the house for lunch, was good to see them. DS was a little angel & really enjoyed having company other than me & DH.

Got some Qu!dco money through, only £6 but paid it off loan no1.

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 31st Aug 17, 2:09 PM
    • 2,424 Posts
    • 18,472 Thanks
    sashybo
    Got £20 through from one of my survey companies so have paid that off loan no1. Have requested £15 & £4 from two other sites, so waiting on that coming through. Still waiting for my £40 from 0nepoll too.

Having a problem with 0pinion 0utpost, tried to redeem points for £10 & something went wrong & I got a message saying that I had violated their terms & my account had been terminated. Have sent them an email as I didn't do anything wrong so hoping they will restore my account for me. Think it was an automatic thing but still don't know why it happened.

Took meter readings this morning for gas & electricity and submitted them online. Going to try & do this every 2 weeks to try and keep our bills accurate.

Did half an hour of yoga earlier and have done two washings and that's about it. Went to visit my mum for a few hours yesterday which was nice & she made my dinner for me as well, even better.

• Kittychick
    • By Kittychick 31st Aug 17, 7:26 PM
    • 144 Posts
    • 363 Thanks
    Kittychick
    I had samething with opinion outpost too this week, I emailed the help desk and it bounced back.. Not happy at all.. Which other sites do you find to be reliable... I don't seem to be able to get any surveys from PA :0/
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 31st Aug 17, 7:32 PM
    • 549 Posts
    • 1,139 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Violated your account? What exactly has happened with op its spot on usually.

Try swagbuck and opinium research they are spot on kittychick
    Debts 16274.64
    Cashback Earnings YTD £162.02 Survey Earnings YTD £485.18
    • sashybo
    • By sashybo 31st Aug 17, 8:14 PM
    • 2,424 Posts
    • 18,472 Thanks
    sashybo
    Hi Kittychick, I got a reply today from 0pinion 0utpost asking me to confirm my details (DOB, address etc) & details like what kind of operating system I was using at the time. I wonder why it bounced back for you, definitely try emailing them again. It's so annoying because it's a relatively low cashout & they're usually really quick to pay.

Pinecone is a good survey panel to get onto, not sure if you still have to find a banner/invite to get on though. I like Newvistalive & Populuslive although the cashout levels are quite high. 0nepoll is also good, surveys are usually 10-20p but they are really quick to do & you can get several a day as long as you check quite often, again a high cashout though. Valued Opinions, MySurvey & Globaltestmarket are all ones I've been using for years as well, although the points value is not so great for them anymore & on VO you now need £10.50 to claim a £10 voucher.

PA has been very slow for me for the last couple of weeks, hopefully it will pick up again once the universities start back. I've made £60 within a couple of months which is pretty good so I'll keep checking.

Scott I don't know, it was really weird, I tried to redeem my points as usual through PayPal but realised I'd put the wrong points amount when it transferred me to the PP login page, so I hit the link to return to OO & tried to redeem again and got a weird message about having to use PayPal and then it logged me out. When I tried to log in again I got the strange message about my account being terminated due to violating their t & c's - which I hadn't! I think it must be an automatic check thing that's screwed up, just hope I get my account back as have enough points for £10 in there.

• Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 31st Aug 17, 8:24 PM
    • 549 Posts
    • 1,139 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    I hope you get sorted re op its a nice little site i tend to earn 10-20 pw usually from op and swagbucks and pa combined. Anything i earn extra survey wise is a bonus they take much longer to build up.

I heard a while back op was funny with couples running separate survey accounts ie under the same isp ie internet provider.
    Debts 16274.64
    • Kittychick
    • By Kittychick 31st Aug 17, 9:45 PM
    • 144 Posts
    • 363 Thanks
    Kittychick
    Thanks for the replies I'll try the email again tomorrow.. I was really hoping it would go through cost seemed to like me lol. There's no reason I can think of why they might have a problem with me-I've only the one account and my husband doesn't have an account. To be honest I thought I'd been scammed, but seeing as there's a few if you regulars who like it I'll try the email again.. Thanks
    • sashybo
    • By sashybo 4th Sep 17, 12:31 AM
    • 2,424 Posts
    • 18,472 Thanks
    sashybo
    Well I've not heard back from OO so far & still can't log in, fingers crossed they sort it out for me this week.

Have had a fairly lazy weekend, did an hour of weeding in the back garden on Saturday afternoon with DS sitting in his car seat watching. Didn't want to put him in his pram as he hates lying flat as he can't see anything & is super nosy, he just cries. He did well to sit for an hour to be honest.

Heading to bed very shortly, was just doing some ironing as DS tucked up in his Moses basket & DH in bed too as he has a very early start at work.

Our eldest cat keeps licking at the shaved part of his leg from his op the other week & it's now stopping the fur from growing back in & is looking very red raw. We have now wrapped a soft bandage around the baldy part of his leg & secured with micropore tape to stop him licking it. Poor boy spent ages trying to shake the bandage off. He was really good at letting us put it on him though. He's back at the vets this week for another post-op check so will get DH to get the vet to check his leg.

• sashybo
    • By sashybo 7th Sep 17, 12:17 PM
    • 2,424 Posts
    • 18,472 Thanks
    sashybo
    The poor cat came back from his post-op check with the cone of shame on to stop him picking at his leg. It's all scabby now & cone to stay on for 5 days, he's not happy & keeps walking into everything. The sutures in his mouth are still healing so he's still on soft food, he's raging when he gets locked out of the kitchen whilst the other cats have their biscuits.

OO have replied saying they have passed my issue to the accounts department & will get back to me. Have been locked out of my account for over a week now, getting a bit annoyed as they're being so slow.

In good news got my 0nepoll money so that's been paid off loan no1, taking it under £500. Next usual loan payment comes out next week so it will then be under £400. Last payment should be in November if not sooner.

Was a bit lazy with my yoga over the weekend but started again yesterday as it's helping with my back/pelvis pain. Doing 30 mins a day is definitely improving my back as the pain was worse when I didn't do any for 3 days.

• Kittychick
    • By Kittychick 7th Sep 17, 8:58 PM
    • 144 Posts
    • 363 Thanks
    Kittychick
    I emailed them more than once Sashy but never got a reply... Hope you do better than me x
    • sashybo
    • By sashybo 8th Sep 17, 5:13 PM
    • 2,424 Posts
    • 18,472 Thanks
    sashybo
    Thanks Kittychick, strange that they haven't replied, do you think it went into your junk folder or something? They've been a bit slow with me but always replied.

I'm back into my OO account now, so have claimed my £10 and am 5 points off another £2.50. Started getting emails inviting me to surveys again last night and am now able to log in again. They replied to my email saying that my account was temporarily suspended as a security measure when suspicious activity was detected by their system. *shrug* Just glad to be back in.

Got £15 through from one of my other sites so will pay that off loan no1 taking the balance to £445 before next payment of £153 comes off next week. So close to being rid of it - it will then be under £300.

Back up to £7.90 with 0nepoll and about 800 points off cashing out with Y0ugov, so that £50 will come in handy. Waiting for £4 from H!ving, think it was Scott that recommended them, must remember to check it more often as you get 30 points for screen outs as well.

Did yoga this morning with DS sat in his bouncy chair watching, he was very good and managed 30 mins without getting too bored. Last night I swaddled him in a cotton cot flat sheet as he's getting a bit big for his cellular blankets and keeps breaking his arms out. Pleased to report that he was still swaddled tight this morning and was very content with it.

• Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 8th Sep 17, 7:24 PM
    • 549 Posts
    • 1,139 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Thanks Kittychick, strange that they haven't replied, do you think it went into your junk folder or something? They've been a bit slow with me but always replied.

I'm back into my OO account now, so have claimed my £10 and am 5 points off another £2.50. Started getting emails inviting me to surveys again last night and am now able to log in again. They replied to my email saying that my account was temporarily suspended as a security measure when suspicious activity was detected by their system. *shrug* Just glad to be back in.

Got £15 through from one of my other sites so will pay that off loan no1 taking the balance to £445 before next payment of £153 comes off next week. So close to being rid of it - it will then be under £300.

Back up to £7.90 with 0nepoll and about 800 points off cashing out with Y0ugov, so that £50 will come in handy. Waiting for £4 from H!ving, think it was Scott that recommended them, must remember to check it more often as you get 30 points for screen outs as well.

Did yoga this morning with DS sat in his bouncy chair watching, he was very good and managed 30 mins without getting too bored. Last night I swaddled him in a cotton cot flat sheet as he's getting a bit big for his cellular blankets and keeps breaking his arms out. Pleased to report that he was still swaddled tight this morning and was very content with it.
    Originally posted by sashybo

Your welcome Sashy :-) just keep plugging away i have being on ukhiving a while, i have had quite a few payouts and its good that you get points for being binned.

Lately i am doing quite well off swagbucks and op (glad you got your opinion outpost account sorted) make sure as well you join these three sites they are steady away jobs but good payers,

opinium research- draw down is 25 quid, surveys are all via email and they range from 25p to 75p.

power of opinions-1068 point draw down and surveys are 15 points upwards

and another one i use is panel opinions.
    Debts 16274.64
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 8th Sep 17, 7:33 PM
    • 549 Posts
    • 1,139 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland

Originally posted by sashybo

Your welcome Sashy :-) just keep plugging away i have being on ukhiving a while, i have had quite a few payouts and its good that you get points for being binned.

Lately i am doing quite well off swagbucks and op (glad you got your opinion outpost account sorted) make sure as well you join these three sites they are steady away jobs but good payers,

opinium research- draw down is 25 quid, surveys are all via email and they range from 25p to 75p.

power of opinions-1068 point draw down and surveys are 15 points upwards

and another one i use is panel opinions.
    Debts 16274.64
    • Bobarella
    • By Bobarella 8th Sep 17, 9:57 PM
    • 10,473 Posts
    • 69,435 Thanks
    Bobarella
    Hi Sashy

Glad to hear your little boy is doing well, he sounds lovely. Sorry about that cats bill! Its things like that where you just think, how am I supposed to be debt free?? But you will in time.

Glad you are fitting in the yoga too, its supposed to be very good for your health, stress levels etc.

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe"

Debt neutral 27/03/17 from £40k in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,332Posts Today

6,968Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin