Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • save4ever
    • By save4ever 2nd Jan 17, 7:53 PM
    • 14Posts
    • 8Thanks
    save4ever
    Anyone know of any travel grants for child for medical project?
    • 2nd Jan 17, 7:53 PM
    Anyone know of any travel grants for child for medical project? 2nd Jan 17 at 7:53 PM
    Hi all,

Not sure where to post this, but here goes.

My daughter will be 16 soon and in the Summer she want's to travel to Tanzania on a trip to help in a medical centre and visit hospitals. This is with a reputable company that organises such things. We have agreed to pay a significant proportion of the cost, but she will need to find the rest. She has a p-t job, will do some fund raising and sell things (inc car boot sale etc), but I was trying to look to see if I could find any companies that offered grants for this sort of thing.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would be really grateful.

P.
Page 1
    • thecoffeehouse204
    • By thecoffeehouse204 9th Jan 17, 11:08 PM
    • 161 Posts
    • 221 Thanks
    thecoffeehouse204
    • 9th Jan 17, 11:08 PM
    • 9th Jan 17, 11:08 PM
    My niece did a charity trip to Uganda a few years ago and from memory she got donations from the local Lions club and Rotary club towards the cost of the trip. Think groups like this have funds specifically for fundraising events.
    • happysman
    • By happysman 6th Sep 17, 5:47 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    happysman
    • 6th Sep 17, 5:47 AM
    • 6th Sep 17, 5:47 AM
    yes! great and benefit
    • Guest101
    • By Guest101 6th Sep 17, 1:16 PM
    • 15,143 Posts
    • 14,755 Thanks
    Guest101
    • 6th Sep 17, 1:16 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 1:16 PM
    Whatever the situation, I don't think sending a 16 year old half way round the world is a good idea. Whilst the cause is admirable, I'd be concerned - https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/tanzania
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,953Posts Today

6,287Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin