Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Lauralozzle
    • By Lauralozzle 2nd Jan 17, 9:13 AM
    • 437Posts
    • 4,096Thanks
    Lauralozzle
    The Wedding Fund
    • 2nd Jan 17, 9:13 AM
    The Wedding Fund 2nd Jan 17 at 9:13 AM
    Hi, I'm Laura.

I've spoken about my wedding fund on the debt free wannabe board but I thought I'd make a diary dedicated to saving.

I'm saving for one thing in particular this year - my wedding.

I'm getting married on 5 November 2017, to my wonderful fianc! Tom. We've been together ten years so it was about time!
    We were going to wait until 2018 however, I have a very ill grandfather so we have moved it forward to hopefully accommodate him. It means a lot that he will be there so hopefully he will be.

I have a strict saving budget. Unfortunately we can't throw all our money at saving because we also have some debts to pay off - mainly hire car purchase agreements (x2 cars), sofa on credit and of course the mortgage.

I don't have a strict budget for the wedding - around £8000-£9000 pounds (it cannot exceed £10,000 at all and I hope to not come close to this!). I am aware this is an awful lot of money but I only intend on doing this once!!! And I don't want to look back on the day with regret. I also don't want to start married life with a huge credit card debt around my neck, although we have conceded that there will be a little on the credit card as a consequence of moving it forward.

To date we have £2448 in the wedding fund (which doesn't seem like a lot at all)

We have also paid £500 deposit for the venue, £100 deposit for the photographer and £50 deposit for registrar so we have made a start!
    October grocery challenge £150.54/£200 | October cleaning budget £75.16/£75 | October NSD 9/15
    Credit Card: £220 (0%) | Car Finance: £8,240 (7.9% APR) | Mortgage: £111,684 (3.99% APR)
    Wedding Fund: £3,564.74
Page 2
    • Lauralozzle
    • By Lauralozzle 2nd Apr 17, 5:42 PM
    • 437 Posts
    • 4,096 Thanks
    Lauralozzle
    So, I've received a call and my wedding dress is made - it's arrived a lot earlier than I thought it would. I go to try it on, on the 20th April. I've just got to get my bridal underwear now!
    Last edited by Lauralozzle; 02-04-2017 at 8:57 PM.
    October grocery challenge £150.54/£200 | October cleaning budget £75.16/£75 | October NSD 9/15
    Credit Card: £220 (0%) | Car Finance: £8,240 (7.9% APR) | Mortgage: £111,684 (3.99% APR)
    Wedding Fund: £3,564.74
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 2nd Apr 17, 7:27 PM
    • 12,840 Posts
    • 46,389 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Hooray. Wedding. Yay.
    Happiness Fund (Dec 1st 2017)
    Reminder: I HAVE EVERYTHING I COULD WANT so SAVE!!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,892Posts Today

7,084Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin