Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • FrugalWeirdo83
    • By FrugalWeirdo83 2nd Jan 17, 7:27 AM
    • 13Posts
    • 47Thanks
    FrugalWeirdo83
    Not buying any clothes 2017
    • 2nd Jan 17, 7:27 AM
    Not buying any clothes 2017 2nd Jan 17 at 7:27 AM
    Hello, wondered if anyone would care to join me on a challenge to not buy any new or second hand clothes for 2017? My reasons for doing this aren't just for saving money but also to cut down my consumption and to be happy with what I have.
Page 9
    • Lancashirelass1
    • By Lancashirelass1 7th Sep 17, 12:40 PM
    • 97 Posts
    • 213 Thanks
    Lancashirelass1
    Well done. It's hard getting started but then it gets addictive.

I have officially failed at not buying any clothes. I was looking at my winter jumpers and I noticed they all had felted patches on. Realised it was where my back brace was rubbing (fractured a vertebra last year and was in a back brace for three months). The felting was too bad to get out with one of those debobbling brushes. Shops are getting their autumn stuff in so I was able to get replacements in the colours I wear most often.
    Originally posted by maryb
    it is addictive, the only thing I have bought is my daughters uniform but this isnt in the money that has be counted! but it felt nice to go into town and buy things for her. I still havent bought anything! I am amazed at this little project of mine, spending diary is very slim now which again, amazed at this too!!!
    Autumn isnt my favourite time of clothes buying i always think that the shops dont really offer much but its the winter I love!
    i have made the pledge though and up to now I am finding it easy to stick to it!
    not sure which shops you like, but I do know that they are some lovely jumpers out there, but if you can wait, they get more in around November!
    Aim to be debt free by 43 realistic is by the time I have finished being 43!!!
    Snowballing starting in August 2017
    Debt total
    23'570.92
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,033Posts Today

8,778Users online

Martin's Twitter