Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Coxy11
    • By Coxy11 1st Jan 17, 9:17 PM
    • 2,119Posts
    • 25,974Thanks
    Coxy11
    Cross Stitch Cafe 2017 - do more of what makes you happy
    • 1st Jan 17, 9:17 PM
    Cross Stitch Cafe 2017 - do more of what makes you happy 1st Jan 17 at 9:17 PM
    Hi everyone,

Welcome to a shiny new Cross Stitch Cafe thread for 2017. As the title suggests, this thread is all about doing what makes you happy. I love to stitch and I look forward to seeing all your makes this year. Please feel free to post photos of your works in progress (WIPs) and any unfinished projects (UFOs) you would like to complete.

Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP #1: Collecting Shells by Nancy Cole
Page 5
    • Coxy11
    • By Coxy11 3rd Aug 17, 3:28 PM
    • 2,119 Posts
    • 25,974 Thanks
    Coxy11
    Hi all,
    Yes still here Welcome back Dorastar! I hope you manage to find a new job soon - my DH was out for 13 months so I feel your pain, it's not good.
    I haven't stitched this week....yet! Gym tonight and the ironing pile is calling. We go away for a week on Saturday so I will pop a small project in the case with me. I'm just getting used to have varifocals (first week) so this will be a real test if I can craft with them, and actually see what I'm doing lol!
    Hope all are well.
    Coxy
    • Dorastar
    • By Dorastar 4th Aug 17, 12:00 AM
    • 1,764 Posts
    • 15,245 Thanks
    Dorastar
    Thanks, change in career and lifestyle beckons after 25 years in one field so pretty scary but know I've made the right decision. Not sure what lies ahead but it will work out.
    • Coxy11
    • By Coxy11 4th Aug 17, 11:24 AM
    • 2,119 Posts
    • 25,974 Thanks
    Coxy11
    Good luck Dorastar xxx
    • Dorastar
    • By Dorastar 4th Aug 17, 2:27 PM
    • 1,764 Posts
    • 15,245 Thanks
    Dorastar
    Thanks, not looking till things are resolved at old work place so have to take it easy till then which means plenty of time to craft. Sorted out the craft stuff the other day so don't need to buy anything for a few years!
    • Coxy11
    • By Coxy11 15th Aug 17, 12:15 PM
    • 2,119 Posts
    • 25,974 Thanks
    Coxy11
    Hi all,

We are back from a weeks holiday in Somerset. I took my work project with me (gingerbread trio) and did precisely none of it during the week. We had a family scrabble game each evening after dinner and then watched the athletics and other tv. We were out all day visiting various towns and markets.

I did visit a couple of craft shops. One just outside the outlet village at Street. Got a couple of crochet hooks and some blue aida. Not sure what the aida will be for but bought it anyway! Also visited Frome and there was a lovely little wool shop and the business was for sale. It got me thinking how lovely it would be to have a little business like that. Pipe dreams!

I am at home this week. Various errands and jobs to do around the house but hoping to have some stitch time too.

Hope you are all going well
    Coxy xx
    • Elizabeth Braun
    • By Elizabeth Braun 29th Aug 17, 11:02 AM
    • 191 Posts
    • 1,027 Thanks
    Elizabeth Braun
    Hi everyone! Long time no post!

I haven't done much stitchery of late. I've been more into knitting and friends keep having babies. I still need to finish my old Paradise Island project and hope to attack it this autumn - when 2 of my current knitting WIPs are done.
    Elizabeth
    Long-term No Buys: print books, make-up, art/craft items
    Lost 8 of the 20lbs I need to shed
    • Coxy11
    • By Coxy11 12th Oct 17, 11:39 PM
    • 2,119 Posts
    • 25,974 Thanks
    Coxy11
    Long time, no posting! I was able to do some stitching at the weekend - my gingerbread trio is coming along. I have some of the garland border done and just one gingerbread man still to do. Will it be done for Christmas? Well maybe, but I will still have to press and frame it, so I guess realistically I'm looking at Christmas 2018.
    Anyway, exciting news! I'm off to Alexandra Palace tomorrow to the knit and stitch show. Mega excited and will try to restrain myself! Not looking for anything particular but I'm sure some goodies will come home. I will report back so watch this space
    Coxy
    • nmm
    • By nmm 20th Oct 17, 10:12 PM
    • 1,720 Posts
    • 8,022 Thanks
    nmm
    Hi guys seems we've all been busy lately, its funny my last post was when we opened our new shop and I haven't done much stitching at all since then. We've moved shop premises already to a much busier location, but all I seem to do is work, eat & sleep, lol. I did buy some sparkly aida to stich my purple wreath, I must atleast try and get that completed for Christmas. I have been stitching another wolf, not sure if I've even posted a progress photo

Coxy, did you enjoy the Knit & Stitch Show, any goodies to show us. Good luck with the gingerbread men, doesn't sound like much left to do.
    Cross Stitch Cafe Challenge Member No1 / WIP: Bauble Wreath
    Current Challenges -
    • Coxy11
    • By Coxy11 24th Oct 17, 9:22 AM
    • 2,119 Posts
    • 25,974 Thanks
    Coxy11
    Hi all,
    Nice to 'see' you nmm x
    I had a good time at the Knit and Stitch show and was quite reserved..... I bought three cross stitch patterns:

https://www.historicalsamplercompany.co.uk/shop/rudolph-friends/

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=o17c1kIL&id=2C7357A21002 03745850AE86349B5C7649DB8989&thid=OIP.o17c1kILQGSy QF6Tuh2nTgEsCW&q=lizzie+kate+prayer&simid=60799491 9442515344&selectedIndex=1&ajaxhist=0

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=XejwB2Eg&id=FD64BD63F911 9249412190958AAEDCF6C6A0F952&thid=OIP.XejwB2EgpB6W 2BrV5g53NgDsEs&q=lizzie+kate+cross+stitcher+in+res idence&simid=608025392223357228&selectedIndex=1&aj axhist=0

Plus a felting kit to make two santas (not tried felting before so wish me luck) and a kit to crochet a blanket. Once I'd bought the blanket kit I was laden down so I had my packed lunch and left soon afterwards. I was only there about two hours, but it was enough to have a look around and get some bits and bobs.

I've done about half of the third gingerbread man now and can see this being finished and framed for Christmas (oooops probably just jinxed it). I haven't been too happy lately with my nephews anniversary approaching. Crafting does help with my anxiety and low mood but I'm also seeing the doc later this week to see if there's anything they can suggest. Not keen on taking medication (and I don't think it's that bad) but they might have other suggestions.

Hope you're all going well.
    Coxy
    • nmm
    • By nmm 24th Oct 17, 8:27 PM
    • 1,720 Posts
    • 8,022 Thanks
    nmm
    Coxy, I love the Rudolph & Friends kit, so cute, I've always liked the text stitches too. I look forward to seeing the finished felted santas and crochet blanket. Not bad going for 2 hours Only half a gingerbreadman left, you'll easily get that done before christmas. Challenge yourself to do it for Halloween
    It's understandable feeling down around anniversaries, if crafting helps then try and do more, although I hate medication sometimes its needed. Keep well and stay positive if you can, i'm here if you need a chat.
    Current Challenges -
    • Coxy11
    • By Coxy11 30th Oct 17, 9:43 PM
    • 2,119 Posts
    • 25,974 Thanks
    Coxy11
    Hi all,
    Thanks nmm xxx much appreciated. I saw the doctor which was a waste of time as she was a locum, not from my area and couldn't tell me what help was available. Grrr. Thinking of going down the herbal route - think there's a lavender supplement which helps with low mood. Worth a try.
    Not a great day workwise but I do have to report that (drum roll please....) I FINISHED THE GINGERBREAD TRIO WHOOP WHOOP!! I just need to iron it and get a frame. Saw one in a charity shop at the weekend but wasn't sure of the finished size, so will go back at the weekend.
    I'm with photobucket but it doesn't appear to be working which is annoying!
    Hope you are all going well.
    Coxy xxx
    • nmm
    • By nmm 30th Oct 17, 10:16 PM
    • 1,720 Posts
    • 8,022 Thanks
    nmm
    I knew you'd finish it by Halloween, Congrats Coxy I've noticed since I last posted photobucket has changed and you can longer link to photos without upgrading, also all my previous pictures no longer show in my posts. I'm switching to flickr when I upload my next progress photo, hopefully that one remains free.
    Sorry the doctor was no help, i'm a huge believer in natural remedies, its helped with my OH's illnesses and my pets.

This is what i'm going to start soon
    Last edited by nmm; 30-10-2017 at 10:20 PM.
    Current Challenges -
    • Coxy11
    • By Coxy11 3rd Nov 17, 9:51 PM
    • 2,119 Posts
    • 25,974 Thanks
    Coxy11
    Oh nmm I love the bauble wreath. Was that from a magazine as it looks familiar? I've been knitting Christmas angels this week for a yarn bombing effort at church so no stitching for me. I am severely lacking in motivation to get on and finish Collecting Shells. I might get it out tomorrow and have a look at what's still to do. I think it's mainly half cross stitch for the background (beach) and some of the girls hair which is about 10 different shades of brown
    Wish me luck!
    Coxy
    • nmm
    • By nmm 3rd Nov 17, 10:51 PM
    • 1,720 Posts
    • 8,022 Thanks
    nmm
    Good luck Coxy I don't envy that task, the Christmas angels sound adorable. The Bauble Wreath is from a magazine I can't remember which one, i'll hunt it out and let you know.
    It seems to be only me and you here atm, maybe some regualrs might re-appear soon for the annual Caf! tradition, if not do you want to do a little Christmas exchange with each other? It's the one thing I look forward to the most
    Current Challenges -
    • nmm
    • By nmm 4th Nov 17, 10:32 PM
    • 1,720 Posts
    • 8,022 Thanks
    nmm
    Baubles & Bows Chart is from Cross Stitcher Issue 285 November 2014
    Current Challenges -
    • mrs-moneypenny
    • By mrs-moneypenny 6th Nov 17, 8:22 AM
    • 15,364 Posts
    • 196,491 Thanks
    mrs-moneypenny
    Hope everyone is alright sorry I've not been in for ages, I'm currently working on a bothy threads kit called thumbelina really enjoying it
    grocery challenge November budget £400 spent £
    SPC~11 No100 : : X4 O/t fund so far
    read your books challenge-currently on Me before you
    xstitch challenge 63 Thumbelina
    17in 2017 challenge 3/17
    • flowerofscotland
    • By flowerofscotland 29th Nov 17, 10:10 AM
    • 2,424 Posts
    • 15,714 Thanks
    flowerofscotland
    Hello cross stitchers
    I recognise the names of the posters on this 2017 thread so I hope some of you may remember me.. Iíd love to join in again if youíll have me.
    It has literally been years since I posted a message in the Cafe but then I havenít really done any cross stitching during that period either. Itís been an eventful couple of years including moving house, retiring from full time work, DH having another heart attack and various other family events, some good, others not so good.
    Moving house after 35 Years forced me to reevaluate my enormous stitching and crafting stash and so Iíve been selling and giving away lots of it and have had very little time for stitching. I finished a Shepherdís Bush stocking in September which was started in April 2015 and also completed the stitching on a small Christmas Stitchery piece which needs to be made into a little hanging.
    But I would now like to get back to spending some time (but not money) on my favourite hobby. I saw that the Christmas card exchange has been mentioned and Iíd love to take part. I would even volunteer to organise it if that helps It will be jsunthe thing to get me back into stitching but with a small project on a deadline.
    I loved the purchases that Coxy made at the show and that bauble wreath is stunning nmm

Happy stitching everyone
    • nmm
    • By nmm 29th Nov 17, 7:06 PM
    • 1,720 Posts
    • 8,022 Thanks
    nmm
    Welcome back FOS, of course we remember you, glad you're able to get back to cross stitching. It's been very quiet in here this year and no-one is doing the exchange, I would love to send and receive a card to anyone who wants to join in. I was just saying to my OH this morning that's it's the first year we've not exchanged which made me quite sad

On a positive note, I did make a start on the bauble wreath, I will post a picture shortly.
    Current Challenges -
    • flowerofscotland
    • By flowerofscotland 29th Nov 17, 8:46 PM
    • 2,424 Posts
    • 15,714 Thanks
    flowerofscotland
    Thanks nmm. We'll do a card exchange even if we're the only ones Like you I love it and keep all my stitched cards. Some of them have been put into coasters which are part of my Christmas decorations and will come out at the weekend ��
    • nmm
    • By nmm 29th Nov 17, 9:35 PM
    • 1,720 Posts
    • 8,022 Thanks
    nmm
    That would be great FOS, i'll get my card stitched by this weekend, got some nice sparkly aida to use. I hope some others might join in too its a great tradition we have.
    Current Challenges -
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,500Posts Today

6,166Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin