Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Coxy11
    • By Coxy11 1st Jan 17, 9:17 PM
    • 2,091Posts
    • 25,616Thanks
    Coxy11
    Cross Stitch Cafe 2017 - do more of what makes you happy
    • 1st Jan 17, 9:17 PM
    Cross Stitch Cafe 2017 - do more of what makes you happy 1st Jan 17 at 9:17 PM
    Hi everyone,

Welcome to a shiny new Cross Stitch Cafe thread for 2017. As the title suggests, this thread is all about doing what makes you happy. I love to stitch and I look forward to seeing all your makes this year. Please feel free to post photos of your works in progress (WIPs) and any unfinished projects (UFOs) you would like to complete.

Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP #1: Collecting Shells by Nancy Cole
    Cross-stitch WIP #2: Gingerbread Trio by Little House Needleworks
Page 5
    • Coxy11
    • By Coxy11 3rd Aug 17, 3:28 PM
    • 2,091 Posts
    • 25,616 Thanks
    Coxy11
    Hi all,
    Yes still here Welcome back Dorastar! I hope you manage to find a new job soon - my DH was out for 13 months so I feel your pain, it's not good.
    I haven't stitched this week....yet! Gym tonight and the ironing pile is calling. We go away for a week on Saturday so I will pop a small project in the case with me. I'm just getting used to have varifocals (first week) so this will be a real test if I can craft with them, and actually see what I'm doing lol!
    Hope all are well.
    Coxy
    • Dorastar
    • By Dorastar 4th Aug 17, 12:00 AM
    • 1,730 Posts
    • 14,999 Thanks
    Dorastar
    Thanks, change in career and lifestyle beckons after 25 years in one field so pretty scary but know I've made the right decision. Not sure what lies ahead but it will work out.
    • Coxy11
    • By Coxy11 4th Aug 17, 11:24 AM
    • 2,091 Posts
    • 25,616 Thanks
    Coxy11
    Good luck Dorastar xxx
    • Dorastar
    • By Dorastar 4th Aug 17, 2:27 PM
    • 1,730 Posts
    • 14,999 Thanks
    Dorastar
    Thanks, not looking till things are resolved at old work place so have to take it easy till then which means plenty of time to craft. Sorted out the craft stuff the other day so don't need to buy anything for a few years!
    • Coxy11
    • By Coxy11 15th Aug 17, 12:15 PM
    • 2,091 Posts
    • 25,616 Thanks
    Coxy11
    Hi all,

We are back from a weeks holiday in Somerset. I took my work project with me (gingerbread trio) and did precisely none of it during the week. We had a family scrabble game each evening after dinner and then watched the athletics and other tv. We were out all day visiting various towns and markets.

I did visit a couple of craft shops. One just outside the outlet village at Street. Got a couple of crochet hooks and some blue aida. Not sure what the aida will be for but bought it anyway! Also visited Frome and there was a lovely little wool shop and the business was for sale. It got me thinking how lovely it would be to have a little business like that. Pipe dreams!

I am at home this week. Various errands and jobs to do around the house but hoping to have some stitch time too.

Hope you are all going well
    Coxy xx
    • Elizabeth Braun
    • By Elizabeth Braun 29th Aug 17, 11:02 AM
    • 191 Posts
    • 1,027 Thanks
    Elizabeth Braun
    Hi everyone! Long time no post!

I haven't done much stitchery of late. I've been more into knitting and friends keep having babies. I still need to finish my old Paradise Island project and hope to attack it this autumn - when 2 of my current knitting WIPs are done.
    Elizabeth
    Long-term No Buys: print books, make-up, art/craft items
    Lost 8 of the 20lbs I need to shed
    • Coxy11
    • By Coxy11 12th Oct 17, 11:39 PM
    • 2,091 Posts
    • 25,616 Thanks
    Coxy11
    Long time, no posting! I was able to do some stitching at the weekend - my gingerbread trio is coming along. I have some of the garland border done and just one gingerbread man still to do. Will it be done for Christmas? Well maybe, but I will still have to press and frame it, so I guess realistically I'm looking at Christmas 2018.
    Anyway, exciting news! I'm off to Alexandra Palace tomorrow to the knit and stitch show. Mega excited and will try to restrain myself! Not looking for anything particular but I'm sure some goodies will come home. I will report back so watch this space
    Coxy
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

136Posts Today

1,435Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin