Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Becles
    • By Becles 1st Jan 17, 9:14 PM
    • 12,851Posts
    • 26,063Thanks
    Becles
    Swagbucking into 2017
    • 1st Jan 17, 9:14 PM
    Swagbucking into 2017 1st Jan 17 at 9:14 PM
    Welcome to the new thread.

Newbies: please see the detailed information in this thread which explains how Swagbucks works and how you can make the best from it.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5581051
    Last edited by Becles; 05-01-2017 at 8:24 AM.
    Here I go again on my own....
Page 241
    • Kaytee
    • By Kaytee 7th Jul 17, 11:25 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 90 Thanks
    Kaytee
    Yeh sorry to be a Debbie Downer but I wonder how much we're going to have to fight to get the double SBs when no SBs appear on August 20th?! It's pretty convenient there's nothing on our accounts to show we're actually participating in the offer!
    • Johnbd1985
    • By Johnbd1985 8th Jul 17, 5:35 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Johnbd1985
    Sigh I've had an account for the past 3 years for swag bucks and really it's never panned out. Is there really a point to the investment of time? All things considered reading a book is a self investment and I'm wondering if swagbucks is worth more. Kind Regards- John
    • dave2319
    • By dave2319 8th Jul 17, 9:24 AM
    • 200 Posts
    • 500 Thanks
    dave2319
    Sigh I've had an account for the past 3 years for swag bucks and really it's never panned out. Is there really a point to the investment of time? All things considered reading a book is a self investment and I'm wondering if swagbucks is worth more. Kind Regards- John
    Originally posted by Johnbd1985
    I guess it depends what you consider worthwhile. For some people it's worth spending half an hour a day picking up 30 SB, or whatever, and for some people it's not. Quite a lot of people here earn into the hundreds of SB a day, so that kind of amount's possible, but it depends whether you think it's a good use of your time.

I don't know what you've achieved with it so far, but if you've got SB in your account and are looking to at least cashout and decide whether to stay, you've come here at a good time because MSE have got this offer, which is on until the end of Tuesday:
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/swagbucks#deal38397
    So you could at least earn double SB for a few days while you decide what to do!
    • acc
    • By acc 8th Jul 17, 10:48 AM
    • 309 Posts
    • 688 Thanks
    acc
    Swagbucks gift cards "Sale" may end on 18 July
    For those who are not already aware, certain gift cards are currently "on sale", but MSE say that the sale may be ending on Tue 18 July.
    • Lungboy
    • By Lungboy 8th Jul 17, 11:20 AM
    • 1,085 Posts
    • 1,038 Thanks
    Lungboy
    SBTV has the 45 second adverts again

E: and movieclips and entertainow.
    E2: Lifestylez has 2 30 second ads AND the 45 second ad. Sportly working OK.
    Last edited by Lungboy; 08-07-2017 at 11:27 AM.
    • Super Trouper
    • By Super Trouper 8th Jul 17, 11:21 AM
    • 687 Posts
    • 1,917 Thanks
    Super Trouper
    Are the Toluna surveys not working today for anyone else, getting a generic error page "it's not you, it's us"
    • mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 8th Jul 17, 11:32 AM
    • 34,869 Posts
    • 225,947 Thanks
    mjm3346
    Originally posted by Johnbd1985
    Out grocery shopping for a couple of hours this morning, left the mobile apps running, they were still going and earning swagbucks when I got back (same yesterday while gardening had mobile apps and toolbar TV or watch running) flicked down the To Do list just now and got a 22 SB search win from the daily search and almost at the daily goal with no more than 7 mins of my time - last 3 days have made 450, 512 and 448 that's worth £10 Amazon and almost all of it is eligible for the MSE "double" so that should be another £10 and there will be another 121 SB from the daily 2nd target bonus for those 3 days.

I don't normally push it that hard, the first daily goal is easy to reach if the mobile apps run properly and that's worth up to £25 a month for very little effort and there are usually bits and pieces such as a swago, big SB search wins, instant surveys etc that push it up to £40 - £50 with very little effort.
    • janeken
    • By janeken 8th Jul 17, 1:29 PM
    • 346 Posts
    • 558 Thanks
    janeken
    Discover: Acorn: Download an App - for 4 SBs. Credited straight away.
    • purplevamp
    • By purplevamp 8th Jul 17, 1:45 PM
    • 7,320 Posts
    • 351,927 Thanks
    purplevamp
    Started a gold survey (#4832909) worth 175SBs on movies, it was asking about Star Wars and Guardians of the Galaxay, etc. Have spent about 15 minutes answering questions only to be told "unfortunately you do not qualify"

It always seems to be the movie surveys that kick me out after I've spent ages answering questions.
    Mortgage: Was: £154,495 Oct 2039
    Now: £133,696.03 Mar 2038
    MFW #28 £1100/£3,000

Swagbucks ~ £265 (2016 ~ £340)
    Surveys ~ £240.60 (2016 ~ £407.55)
    PTC, etc ~ $257.40 (2016 ~ $696.89)

“Aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper?” ~ Princess Leia

Money's money my little honey! A rich man's jokes are always funny
    • LSB1302
    • By LSB1302 8th Jul 17, 2:23 PM
    • 89 Posts
    • 492 Thanks
    LSB1302
    Bonus SB: To-Do List 1 Step From Complete Bonus +2 SB
    Bonus SB: To-Do List Bonus +6 SB
    Swagbucking since 24/7/14:

£400 - Marks & Spencer, £300 - Currys PC World, £50 - Amazon, £300 - Paypal.
    £60 Mobile Expression Amazon Giftcards
    • Bobbybun
    • By Bobbybun 8th Jul 17, 3:15 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 37 Thanks
    Bobbybun
    Started a gold survey (#4832909) worth 175SBs on movies, it was asking about Star Wars and Guardians of the Galaxay, etc. Have spent about 15 minutes answering questions only to be told "unfortunately you do not qualify"

It always seems to be the movie surveys that kick me out after I've spent ages answering questions.
    Originally posted by purplevamp

Yes, Yes, Yes. Exactly the same has happened to me with the same survey! So frustrating.
    I am now getting used to the 'win some, you lose' some attitude you have to have to survey's but this one really irritated me because of the time I had already invested. I was thinking "finally, I am going to get swagbucks for a survey I actually enjoy!"
    • GreyAndGold
    • By GreyAndGold 8th Jul 17, 4:25 PM
    • 282 Posts
    • 2,119 Thanks
    GreyAndGold

If that was a survey on a page called something like dmsurvey.ugamsolutions.com I ditched that right away. I have fallen for that so many times, they ask loads and loads of stuff far more than could ever be called screening and they ALWAYS kick me off stating DNQ. As soon as I see one of their surveys I close it right off now unless its on PL where I state I have done surveys in all the categories listed so I get the disqualification SB.
    • Super Trouper
    • By Super Trouper 8th Jul 17, 5:11 PM
    • 687 Posts
    • 1,917 Thanks
    Super Trouper
    Same happened with me with the movie survey. Glutton for punishment because I've had that happen before with those same movie surveys. It was just worth too much to pass up on.
    • MissPop
    • By MissPop 8th Jul 17, 5:55 PM
    • 599 Posts
    • 1,186 Thanks
    MissPop

I read this post, and went to do some Gifthulk surveys (I almost always close them if I don't get the DQ coins after the first half dozen questions as I can never really be bothered to do the actual surveys). One survey was about Star Wars/GOTG (didn't connect it to what you said about the survey you did) and didn't DQ me immediately, so I answered the questions thinking it would complete. Turns out it must have been the same survey because I got kicked out after 10/15 minutes too
    Make £2017 in 2017 - £1035.38/£2017

2017 totals
    GiftHulk - $110 | Swagbucks - £325
    Prolific Academic - £272.23 | Valued Opinions - £40
    • mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 8th Jul 17, 8:17 PM
    • 34,869 Posts
    • 225,947 Thanks
    mjm3346
    Enter magicred in the code box on the homepage before 9.15pm for 3 SB..
    • Golightly72
    • By Golightly72 8th Jul 17, 9:49 PM
    • 72 Posts
    • 258 Thanks
    Golightly72
    Yes, Yes, Yes. Exactly the same has happened to me with the same survey! So frustrating.
    I am now getting used to the 'win some, you lose' some attitude you have to have to survey's but this one really irritated me because of the time I had already invested. I was thinking "finally, I am going to get swagbucks for a survey I actually enjoy!"
    Originally posted by Bobbybun
    I always click straight out of an umgam solutions survey now if one pops up, they are such a waste of time!
    • Sugarplum634
    • By Sugarplum634 8th Jul 17, 10:00 PM
    • 906 Posts
    • 3,270 Thanks
    Sugarplum634
    Same thing happened to me - wish I'd checked this thread before I started swagging tonight.

Has anyone else got low (but getable) first targets (88) and high (250) second ones?
    Make £x a day in 2017 so far £589.02 ( Oct£0GC £15.26 paypal)

(2016 £800.97) (2015 £791.42/$312)
    • mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 8th Jul 17, 10:29 PM
    • 34,869 Posts
    • 225,947 Thanks
    mjm3346
    88 is the standard first target today, the second varies considerably (mine is a no chance 390)
    • dave2319
    • By dave2319 9th Jul 17, 12:50 AM
    • 200 Posts
    • 500 Thanks
    dave2319
    Can these Fyber offers be completed more than once?
    Originally posted by Throwaway1
    As far as I know it's normally once per Swagbucks day (from 8am).
    The one that credited me twice today seems to go to the same page as it's done the last couple of days, but I think they changed the title at Fyber (and maybe the ad ID?) so I wonder if that enabled us to be credited again.
    Originally posted by dave2319
    Actually, just been credited twice again today. Maybe worth clicking again then a few hours later!
    • mrlizard
    • By mrlizard 9th Jul 17, 5:03 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    mrlizard

Been burnt twice by this particular survey. 15 mins spent answering questions on a bunch of movie franchises I like, then kicked out once it started asking about what movie merchandise we had bought for our daughter.

Sorry, we didn't buy her any merchandise from the Fast & Furious franchise as "professional car thief" isn't a career path we'd want her to aspire to. And if it was, then surely we'd be encouraging her to steal the merchandise instead?
    Last edited by mrlizard; 09-07-2017 at 5:05 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,892Posts Today

7,084Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin