Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Becles
    • By Becles 1st Jan 17, 9:14 PM
    • 12,848Posts
    • 26,039Thanks
    Becles
    Swagbucking into 2017
    • 1st Jan 17, 9:14 PM
    Swagbucking into 2017 1st Jan 17 at 9:14 PM
    Welcome to the new thread.

Newbies: please see the detailed information in this thread which explains how Swagbucks works and how you can make the best from it.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5581051
    Last edited by Becles; 05-01-2017 at 8:24 AM.
    Here I go again on my own....
Page 151
    • andrewsummers
    • By andrewsummers 18th Apr 17, 12:03 AM
    • 231 Posts
    • 329 Thanks
    andrewsummers
    Sorry, I couldn't understand your previous post enough to help. What is the problem when you are trying to solve the captcha? If you post the picture of it here we could try and help you solve it by telling you which ones to press.
    Originally posted by Throwaway1
    Never mind I got it to work eventually but thanks anyway
    • RebekahR
    • By RebekahR 18th Apr 17, 12:53 AM
    • 5,521 Posts
    • 13,831 Thanks
    RebekahR
    Engage.tv is under the Discover tab and then AscendMedia (down the left hand side). There are a few you can choose from but I always go for the App Trailers one. It can sometimes take a couple of refeshers/video skips to get the first unskippable advert to play but then they should play after every video. You get 1SB for every 6 adverts you watch and it ticks off the Discover tick. You can earn unlimited SBs every day through Engage.tv and it can be quite good to leave running in the background. You do have to be on the tab for it to work though so it's best to open it in another browser to the one you are using if you want to do something else on the internet at the same time.
    Originally posted by Throwaway1
    Perfect!! I am always on facebook or something else

Thank you!
    • RebekahR
    • By RebekahR 18th Apr 17, 12:54 AM
    • 5,521 Posts
    • 13,831 Thanks
    RebekahR
    Right I give up! I was trying to get my daily tasks done but I can't get a gold survey today for love or money! Tried at lunchtime for ages and just put another hour in now.Just keep screening out so I give up like! Bed calls ...
    • BathingApe
    • By BathingApe 18th Apr 17, 10:07 AM
    • 190 Posts
    • 107 Thanks
    BathingApe
    I can do all on the 'To Do' list except for the Daily discover. Any tips on getting that one ticked off on a daily basis?
    • kippygolf
    • By kippygolf 18th Apr 17, 10:16 AM
    • 1,252 Posts
    • 5,600 Thanks
    kippygolf
    Bonus SB: To-Do List Bonus 5 SB
    Bonus SB: To-Do List 1 Step From Complete Bonus 2 SB

Discover ticked via Adscend Media, EngageMeTV, Trailer App. Had to refresh 6/7 times on first clip before ads started.
    • bellola
    • By bellola 18th Apr 17, 10:45 AM
    • 825 Posts
    • 5,455 Thanks
    bellola
    With engage me, when should you see the first ad? I have refreshed about 10 times and every time the app trailer comes up first. Should an ad be before or after the first trailer?
    • kippygolf
    • By kippygolf 18th Apr 17, 10:50 AM
    • 1,252 Posts
    • 5,600 Thanks
    kippygolf
    With engage me, when should you see the first ad? I have refreshed about 10 times and every time the app trailer comes up first. Should an ad be before or after the first trailer?
    Originally posted by bellola
    Ad should come before the trailer. Are you playing videos on other tabs? Might be worth trying without. Otherwise, just try again later.
    • Xorro
    • By Xorro 18th Apr 17, 10:50 AM
    • 111 Posts
    • 166 Thanks
    Xorro
    You don't need to have an ad appear first, I open it and leave it running, some people like to keep refreshing until they get an ad first.

I don't know if there is a rule to the first ad, I suspect it's random and then they appear after every 6 videos.

To summarise, I never bother to check when the first ad appears, I open Engage Me and leave it running, I always earn from it.

• Happygreen
    • By Happygreen 18th Apr 17, 10:53 AM
    • 2,392 Posts
    • 9,732 Thanks
    Happygreen
    If it doesn't appear after 5 refreshes I try later. Sometimes there are none or very few.
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi
    • bellola
    • By bellola 18th Apr 17, 10:55 AM
    • 825 Posts
    • 5,455 Thanks
    bellola
    Ah ok, so two errors, yes I had a watch video playing as well and I thought an ad came after every video so have been sitting refreshing it waiting for one to appear! Will leave it running for a bit and see what happens. Thanks all!
    • RebekahR
    • By RebekahR 18th Apr 17, 10:57 AM
    • 5,521 Posts
    • 13,831 Thanks
    RebekahR
    I can do all on the 'To Do' list except for the Daily discover. Any tips on getting that one ticked off on a daily basis?
    Originally posted by BathingApe
    I found a survey in it! Spring trivia quiz under MORE RECENT OFFERS
    • kippygolf
    • By kippygolf 18th Apr 17, 10:59 AM
    • 1,252 Posts
    • 5,600 Thanks
    kippygolf
    I found a survey in it! Spring trivia quiz under MORE RECENT OFFERS
    Originally posted by RebekahR
    I posted answers to this a few days ago if anyone wants to search back.
    • RebekahR
    • By RebekahR 18th Apr 17, 11:01 AM
    • 5,521 Posts
    • 13,831 Thanks
    RebekahR
    I've left the thing running and not had a single ad. Left for half hour last night and just turned int on 5 mins ago and nothing so far. Nothing else open.
    • BathingApe
    • By BathingApe 18th Apr 17, 12:08 PM
    • 190 Posts
    • 107 Thanks
    BathingApe
    Does anyone use the app-a-day android (15SB). Just wondering if it is worth doing
    • kippygolf
    • By kippygolf 18th Apr 17, 12:09 PM
    • 1,252 Posts
    • 5,600 Thanks
    kippygolf
    Does anyone use the app-a-day android (15SB). Just wondering if it is worth doing
    Originally posted by BathingApe
    Yes, but it only credited automatically the first time. After that I have to put in a ticket with screen shot, so only do it if I badly need the points.
    • thisone
    • By thisone 18th Apr 17, 12:16 PM
    • 319 Posts
    • 1,802 Thanks
    thisone
    I've left the thing running and not had a single ad. Left for half hour last night and just turned int on 5 mins ago and nothing so far. Nothing else open.
    I've not had ads on it for the last 2 or 3 days, they do seem to have droughts sometimes. Nice little earner when it works.
    • kippygolf
    • By kippygolf 18th Apr 17, 12:36 PM
    • 1,252 Posts
    • 5,600 Thanks
    kippygolf
    I think we get a bit hung up on trying to complete the To Do List. Yes, it brings an extra few points, but often only a couple.
    So, rather than fret about EngageMeTV, if I get no ad in 5/6 refreshes, I generally just let Watch play by itself. If it does crash you don't lose the ticks for the vids you've watched, and can just refresh/restart that set.
    • Throwaway1
    • By Throwaway1 18th Apr 17, 12:39 PM
    • 82 Posts
    • 168 Thanks
    Throwaway1
    Ah ok, so two errors, yes I had a watch video playing as well and I thought an ad came after every video so have been sitting refreshing it waiting for one to appear! Will leave it running for a bit and see what happens. Thanks all!
    For me, an ad does appear after every video (except maybe once or twice a week when I will have 2 videos in a row). I normally either skip videos until I get an ad (can take 5 or 6 the first time) or refresh until I get one. Some days it can take about a minute of doing this before the first ad appears but then I get one for one every time. I guess you could just let it play in the hope that one will appear but I like to see the first one to know it's working.
    • Happygreen
    • By Happygreen 18th Apr 17, 12:48 PM
    • 2,392 Posts
    • 9,732 Thanks
    Happygreen
    It must be random, I had hardly any (it was like pulling teeth) all weekend, but now I'm getting an ad after each video
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi
    • thisone
    • By thisone 18th Apr 17, 12:53 PM
    • 319 Posts
    • 1,802 Thanks
    thisone
    It must be random, I had hardly any (it was like pulling teeth) all weekend, but now I'm getting an ad after each video
    Originally posted by Happygreen
    Tried again, just got my first ad.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,664Posts Today

7,442Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin