Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Becles
    • By Becles 1st Jan 17, 9:14 PM
    • 12,848Posts
    • 26,039Thanks
    Becles
    Swagbucking into 2017
    • 1st Jan 17, 9:14 PM
    Swagbucking into 2017 1st Jan 17 at 9:14 PM
    Welcome to the new thread.

Newbies: please see the detailed information in this thread which explains how Swagbucks works and how you can make the best from it.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5581051
    Last edited by Becles; 05-01-2017 at 8:24 AM.
    Here I go again on my own....
Page 108
    • bellola
    • By bellola 14th Mar 17, 7:30 PM
    • 825 Posts
    • 5,455 Thanks
    bellola
    Argh just completed gold survey F1621651, answered every question, pressed finish and was then disqualified as I didn't meet the criteria. Have submitted a ticket but I didn't get a screenshot and page wouldn't reload to take one. Has anyone had any success with getting SB credited in a similar instance?
    • MissPop
    • By MissPop 14th Mar 17, 7:34 PM
    • 538 Posts
    • 1,115 Thanks
    MissPop
    Argh just completed gold survey F1621651, answered every question, pressed finish and was then disqualified as I didn't meet the criteria. Have submitted a ticket but I didn't get a screenshot and page wouldn't reload to take one. Has anyone had any success with getting SB credited in a similar instance?
    Originally posted by bellola
    I never take screenshots and have always had survey tickets credited within a day or two
    Make £2017 in 2017 - £869.35/£2017

2017 totals
    GiftHulk - $75 | Swagbucks - £225
    Prolific Academic - £206.57 | Valued Opinions - £40
    • Merlin139
    • By Merlin139 14th Mar 17, 7:45 PM
    • 4,171 Posts
    • 17,449 Thanks
    Merlin139
    Originally posted by bellola
    I think it all comes down to how many tickets you submit. I submitted 4 in one day and they asked for screen shots. Like Miss Pop I do not take them. I was kicked out of 2 surveys for taking screenshots. If you don't submit too many and you are polite then normally SB are very helpful.
    • Diluted Dante
    • By Diluted Dante 14th Mar 17, 7:47 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Diluted Dante
    Missed that by a bloody minute.

For anyone struggling to meet the first target, the apps are a pretty handy leg up. If you install and go through all of EntertaiNow, Sportly.tv, Lifestylz.tv, MovieCli.ps, IndyMusic.tv and SBTV you can get 10 points from each. If you want a quicker way to go through them, hit the menu icon in the top left (The three lines one above the other), and select "Short Clips". These will play short comedy clips on each, lasting anywhere between 10 seconds and just over a minute. This will allow you to blast through them.

You can leave them to run until you hit the target, or if you're happy to babysit them, find a really short one and you can just hit replay, and play the same video over and over. This still counts.

If you use the Swagbucks app instead of SBTV, you seem to qualify for bonuses more often, presumably because this has an ad you have to click off between each video. On this, just find one of the "10 Second Tip" videos, and keep replaying that constantly, for as long as you get the bonuses. And if you're worried about the cost of charging your phone, don't. If you charge your phone every day, over the course of the year this will cost you about 50p in electricity.

Play the games until you hit 10SB from them, which usually takes about 10 mins. Daily poll gives you 1SB, as does Daily Crave. Deal of the day gives you another 1SB if you can get that. EngagemeTV will tick off Discover, and can be left to run in a separate browser, giving you at least another 1SB. Getting disqualified from a survey will give you another 1SB if eligible, so that's 75 without really trying. At this stage, you should have hit the 1 step from complete bonus for another 1SB.

If you install the SwagButton, you can use the watch on there, which can play in the background. I've had 24 SB from running this today whilst doing other things. That's 100SB without finishing a single survey and very little in the way of active input. Any Swagcodes or search bonuses will go on top, and if you can finish a survey (not always guaranteed, especially on a Sunday), that's a few more for relatively little effort.

100 points a day would get you a £5 Paypal card every 10 days. Not a bad return I don't think, and if you want to go for more you can. I managed £25 last month (including the extra MSE sign up bonus) and I'm at £20 so far this month. I work on a PC and use a laptop for large stretches of the evening, so I can do more than most, but 100 a day is easy enough to get for most.
    • Merlot1975
    • By Merlot1975 14th Mar 17, 9:09 PM
    • 89 Posts
    • 193 Thanks
    Merlot1975
    Enter swagcode LETSCHAT by 10pm for 3SB.
    Emergency Fund £2/£2000 General Savings £0/£500
    SB + Survey earnings 2017 = £321.25
    • stormjonno
    • By stormjonno 14th Mar 17, 9:09 PM
    • 219 Posts
    • 1,659 Thanks
    stormjonno
    LETSCHAT before 10pm
    • ceb1995
    • By ceb1995 14th Mar 17, 9:11 PM
    • 140 Posts
    • 134 Thanks
    ceb1995
    Been screened out of three peanut labs surveys tonight and none of them have given me the 1sb for disqualification, just comes up with a link to a different survey instead, normally get it like clockwork
    Earnings 2017:
    Swagbucks £49
    Cashback: £113.04
    • General Grant
    • By General Grant 14th Mar 17, 9:18 PM
    • 625 Posts
    • 728 Thanks
    General Grant
    Been screened out of three peanut labs surveys tonight and none of them have given me the 1sb for disqualification, just comes up with a link to a different survey instead, normally get it like clockwork
    Originally posted by ceb1995
    In the past I've experienced being DQ'd from PL surveys and then the link is often to one which has a notionally shorter time commitment.

Today I had this and the linked survey did credit so I didn't mind not getting 1 SB DQ reward.
    • MissPop
    • By MissPop 14th Mar 17, 9:30 PM
    • 538 Posts
    • 1,115 Thanks
    MissPop
    Missed that by a bloody minute.

For anyone struggling to meet the first target...
    Originally posted by Diluted Dante
    Pretty much Swagbucks at the moment in a nutshell

Admittedly I do have quite a bit of time to spend on SB but I've managed the 1st daily goal every day for the last few months doing everything mentioned in this post ^, with only a couple of days having to slog away before the 8am deadline.
    Make £2017 in 2017 - £869.35/£2017

2017 totals
    GiftHulk - $75 | Swagbucks - £225
    Prolific Academic - £206.57 | Valued Opinions - £40
    • ceb1995
    • By ceb1995 14th Mar 17, 9:40 PM
    • 140 Posts
    • 134 Thanks
    ceb1995
    In the past I've experienced being DQ'd from PL surveys and then the link is often to one which has a notionally shorter time commitment.

Today I had this and the linked survey did credit so I didn't mind not getting 1 SB DQ reward.
    Originally posted by General Grant
    I wouldn't mind if they were short time commitments, they've all been 20-30 minutes tonight so haven't felt like the risk of trying them.
    Earnings 2017:
    Swagbucks £49
    Cashback: £113.04
    • sketchypages
    • By sketchypages 14th Mar 17, 9:59 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sketchypages
    Can't redeem points?!
    Has anyone else had tried trouble redeeming Swagbucks points? I managed to get one Amazon gift card the first time, but now when i try to cash out it's impossible. I tried another Amazon card and it says it needs to verify my account but won't accept my mobile number to send a text to.the alternative is to verify by post but I'm highly sceptical that a postcard is going to be sent all the way to my UK address.

I also tried using PayPal but it says it needs to verify my account. It says it's "checking" but never progresses - I left it all day and nothing happened!

My wife has had the same problems. Has anyone else had this problem or know what can be done?
    • jayII
    • By jayII 14th Mar 17, 10:01 PM
    • 39,894 Posts
    • 106,330 Thanks
    jayII
    Has anyone else had tried trouble redeeming Swagbucks points? I managed to get one Amazon gift card the first time, but now when i try to cash out it's impossible. I tried another Amazon card and it says it needs to verify my account but won't accept my mobile number to send a text to.the alternative is to verify by post but I'm highly sceptical that a postcard is going to be sent all the way to my UK address.

I also tried using PayPal but it says it needs to verify my account. It says it's "checking" but never progresses - I left it all day and nothing happened!

My wife has had the same problems. Has anyone else had this problem or know what can be done?
    Originally posted by sketchypages
    Mobile verification doesn't seem to work in the UK.

Most people here will have done the postcard verification, it takes up to 10 days, but a postcard does arrive.

I know the voices in my head aren't real, but sometimes their ideas are absolutely awesome!

When you fall, I will be there to catch you - With love, the floor.

• Happygreen
    • By Happygreen 14th Mar 17, 10:12 PM
    • 2,396 Posts
    • 9,732 Thanks
    Happygreen
    Originally posted by ceb1995
    Same - it was at least 5 - given up, need to go to bed
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi
    • thisone
    • By thisone 15th Mar 17, 1:10 AM
    • 326 Posts
    • 1,900 Thanks
    thisone
    Anyone still having ncrave problems might want to see this facebook post asking for volunteers:

https://www.facebook.com/SwagbucksUK/posts/1687609797922627

Hope the link works!

This post may also be of help, Julie wrote:

"Mine didn't work for about 3 months but since I clicked on this page for adobe Flash Player settings, then clicked on the icon for website storage settings (the one that looks like a folder with a downwards green arrow) & deleted all the sites stored it has been working fine. May help someone else.
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager03.html "
    Last edited by thisone; 15-03-2017 at 1:24 AM.
    • snowy79
    • By snowy79 15th Mar 17, 8:15 AM
    • 195 Posts
    • 481 Thanks
    snowy79
    Is anyone getting any response from Swagbucks at the moment?

I have 4 orders outstanding and 3 of them say I have to email compliance@swagbucks.com for approval. I have done this but did not get any reply. I also raised a ticket with them (I got an email telling me to do that as well) and still nothing. I don't know what this means as I have never had it before and am slightly concerned I might be wasting my time earning more SBs if they have a problem with the orders and/or my account. Anyone had anything like this before?
    • hyr6783
    • By hyr6783 15th Mar 17, 9:07 AM
    • 67 Posts
    • 164 Thanks
    hyr6783
    Is anyone getting any response from Swagbucks at the moment?

I have 4 orders outstanding and 3 of them say I have to email compliance@swagbucks.com for approval. I have done this but did not get any reply. I also raised a ticket with them (I got an email telling me to do that as well) and still nothing. I don't know what this means as I have never had it before and am slightly concerned I might be wasting my time earning more SBs if they have a problem with the orders and/or my account. Anyone had anything like this before?
    Originally posted by snowy79
    I’ve never seen anyone with that problem on this board, but seen quite a few members with the same issue on reddit.

Unfortunately it appears your account was flagged for some reason. I don’t think you’ll know more until you finally get a response. Some people seem to get a slap on the wrist for some reason, others are asked to send photo id.

I pulled up some threads on the sb subreddit if you wish to look through some, not all are relevant but you can get an idea from the title. Good luck, let us know the outcome

https://www.reddit.com/r/SwagBucks/search?q=compliance%40swagbucks.com&restrict_sr=on &sort=relevance&t=all
    • holidaysforme
    • By holidaysforme 15th Mar 17, 9:17 AM
    • 1,437 Posts
    • 1,029 Thanks
    holidaysforme
    Just did an instant about supermarkets. Quite a lengthy survey for an instant. Got to the end and said said can't submit. Any ideas? Should I raise with customer services?
    Anyone else had this?
    • snowy79
    • By snowy79 15th Mar 17, 9:21 AM
    • 195 Posts
    • 481 Thanks
    snowy79
    I’ve never seen anyone with that problem on this board, but seen quite a few members with the same issue on reddit.

Unfortunately it appears your account was flagged for some reason. I don’t think you’ll know more until you finally get a response. Some people seem to get a slap on the wrist for some reason, others are asked to send photo id.

I pulled up some threads on the sb subreddit if you wish to look through some, not all are relevant but you can get an idea from the title. Good luck, let us know the outcome

https://www.reddit.com/r/SwagBucks/search?q=compliance%40swagbucks.com&restrict_sr=on &sort=relevance&t=all
    Originally posted by hyr6783

Thank you I have had a look through some of these threads, seems something has been flagged for me for some reason. No idea what so I guess I just have to wait and see.

Wish they would get on with it though as I don't want to waste time earning SBs if they are just going to close my account! They already owe me £20. If they do that I think I will just give up on Swagbucks... it just doesn't seem worth the hassle recently. I'd be better off spending my time on better paying survey sites.

I'll keep you posted of the outcome.
    • snowy79
    • By snowy79 15th Mar 17, 9:22 AM
    • 195 Posts
    • 481 Thanks
    snowy79
    Just did an instant about supermarkets. Quite a lengthy survey for an instant. Got to the end and said said can't submit. Any ideas? Should I raise with customer services?
    Anyone else had this?
    Originally posted by holidaysforme

Yep I just had the same one and had the same problem. Unfortunately I clicked on the button on the window which said it couldn't submit so couldn't take a screenshot. I won't bother with a ticket.
    • hyr6783
    • By hyr6783 15th Mar 17, 9:27 AM
    • 67 Posts
    • 164 Thanks
    hyr6783
    Thank you I have had a look through some of these threads, seems something has been flagged for me for some reason. No idea what so I guess I just have to wait and see.

Wish they would get on with it though as I don't want to waste time earning SBs if they are just going to close my account! They already owe me £20. If they do that I think I will just give up on Swagbucks... it just doesn't seem worth the hassle recently. I'd be better off spending my time on better paying survey sites.

I'll keep you posted of the outcome.
    Originally posted by snowy79

Yep I tend to agree. Sometimes I want to be de-activated so I will get some of my time back, but I'm somewhat addicted and the £ is very useful, but at what cost. The day they demand photo id from me is the day I say buh bye swagbucks.
    Last edited by hyr6783; 15-03-2017 at 9:30 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,956Posts Today

9,061Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin