Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Becles
    • By Becles 1st Jan 17, 9:14 PM
    • 12,831Posts
    • 25,874Thanks
    Becles
    Swagbucking into 2017
    • 1st Jan 17, 9:14 PM
    Swagbucking into 2017 1st Jan 17 at 9:14 PM
    Welcome to the new thread.

Newbies: please see the detailed information in this thread which explains how Swagbucks works and how you can make the best from it.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5581051
    Last edited by Becles; 05-01-2017 at 8:24 AM.
    Here I go again on my own....
Page 107
    • Happygreen
    • By Happygreen 13th Mar 17, 4:29 PM
    • 2,622 Posts
    • 9,674 Thanks
    Happygreen
    I'm inclined to agree. I was, until recently, able to reach the second daily goal with a tiny bit of effort. Not any more. It's just not as good value any more and I'm feeling less inclined to waste my time on it now...
    Originally posted by Scarlett
    I don't bother chasing targets. If it happens, nice but I'm not losing any sleep over them as they just keep rising if I do. Many days I just tick the boxes and that's me done.
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi
    • skyline
    • By skyline 13th Mar 17, 4:44 PM
    • 142 Posts
    • 923 Thanks
    skyline
    Nectar surveys seem to be done by Valued Opinions, which pays much better still. For example I just clicked on a 15 minute Nectar survey for 60 points (30p) but the same 15 minute survey would be worth 75p on VO.
    Originally posted by MissPop
    I use Opinion Outpost instead of Nectar. They are both exactly the same as far as I can tell, except with Opinion Outpost you can redeem the points instantly for a gift certificate/paypal . The amount they pay isn't always great but you do occasionally get diary projects for £5+
    Last edited by skyline; 13-03-2017 at 4:46 PM.
    • mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 13th Mar 17, 5:14 PM
    • 32,855 Posts
    • 207,500 Thanks
    mjm3346
    53 sb for 25 mins, I don't think so! But as long as enough people do them they do not need to offer more.

I now run the 6 mobile apps for 60 sb as they generally can just run until each one is finished. Swag run/jump game for 10, about 10 for bits on the todolist/swag codes plus survey dqs and 10 or more from search = 90sb plus. If I need more than that for the first target I do a bit of toolbar tv or watch videos but I don't bother if I have already reached it (unless the next reward is really close).
    • kippygolf
    • By kippygolf 13th Mar 17, 6:06 PM
    • 1,186 Posts
    • 5,374 Thanks
    kippygolf
    ReferralBonus swag code 3 SBS by 7pm
    • holidaysforme
    • By holidaysforme 13th Mar 17, 6:13 PM
    • 1,381 Posts
    • 847 Thanks
    holidaysforme
    My daily goal keeps being raised, despite me not having met it for a week. What's all that about??

Also, keep getting kicked out of surveys. Having said that, I've just earned enough for my second gift card (£5) since start of February, so not too bad I suppose for something I just dip in and out of.
    • General Grant
    • By General Grant 13th Mar 17, 6:15 PM
    • 585 Posts
    • 683 Thanks
    General Grant
    My daily goal keeps being raised, despite me not having met it for a week. What's all that about??

Also, keep getting kicked out of surveys. Having said that, I've just earned enough for my second gift card (£5) since start of February, so not too bad I suppose for something I just dip in and out of.
    Originally posted by holidaysforme
    Except in the very early days of participation, the first goal is the same for everyone so it doesn't make a difference whether you have been meeting it. It is only the second goal which is more individually decided based on your previous achievements.
    • Merlin139
    • By Merlin139 13th Mar 17, 6:31 PM
    • 4,030 Posts
    • 16,568 Thanks
    Merlin139

Originally posted by holidaysforme
    From what I have worked out in the past the targets work on a rolling 2 weeks. If you make your 2nd target all the time, even if it is by 1 SB it will continue to rise.

As others have said 1st target is same for everyone once you move past the 40 SB per day. Leave it for 3 to 4 weeks and your 1st target will revert back to 40 SB.
    3.975 kW SF 35 Deg YO25 10% SI Location UP ON the ROOF!!!!
    • scoobyju1
    • By scoobyju1 13th Mar 17, 7:08 PM
    • 119 Posts
    • 154 Thanks
    scoobyju1
    Signout of Swagbucks, switch wifi off your phone, use 3G, sign back in, complete offer...receive 50sb.... switch wifi back on. Job done!
    Originally posted by SergioRam
    Thankyou so much! After a week of trying, it's finally worked after doing this
    • sonicology
    • By sonicology 13th Mar 17, 8:22 PM
    • 65 Posts
    • 220 Thanks
    sonicology
    Instant Surveys: 41227, 8 SB for a couple of questions about the new Pirates of the Caribbean film.
    • Catscradle
    • By Catscradle 13th Mar 17, 8:45 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    Catscradle
    I just got to 1SB on EngagemeTV but it hasn't actually credited me anything or filled in the Daily Discover.
    • thisone
    • By thisone 13th Mar 17, 9:42 PM
    • 197 Posts
    • 1,294 Thanks
    thisone
    I just got to 1SB on EngagemeTV but it hasn't actually credited me anything or filled in the Daily Discover.
    Originally posted by Catscradle
    Try again tomorrow, seems to glitch sometimes.
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 13th Mar 17, 10:02 PM
    • 4,053 Posts
    • 8,453 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    I'm inclined to agree. I was, until recently, able to reach the second daily goal with a tiny bit of effort. Not any more. It's just not as good value any more and I'm feeling less inclined to waste my time on it now...
    Originally posted by Scarlett
    All of this has been said many times before. It's down to individuals what they wish to do, but it's ALWAYS like this in the early part of the year. Try not to get too upset about it! It will all even out in a few months and you'll have more surveys than you can shake a stick at.

Personally I'm generally finding the site better than ever, despite the slow time of year. I've been able to meet my 1st target with very little effort almost every day. There's just 1 or 2 days a month, like today where I'm struggling a little due to the lack of surveys and apps not working properly. I'm still about 30 off of 1st target. But the apps will probably get me there in the end, if they don't- oh well, not much lost.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £32,489.10
    (Not inc coupons, yellow stickies, bank interest or loyalty rewards because I have better things to do than catalogue everything!) Swagbucks £1852.50
    • sonicology
    • By sonicology 14th Mar 17, 12:54 AM
    • 65 Posts
    • 220 Thanks
    sonicology
    For any night owls out there:

Instant Surveys: 41228, 21 SB for a few questions about a charity.
    • Lineva
    • By Lineva 14th Mar 17, 3:38 AM
    • 26 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    Lineva
    Just For Fun on Discover is still crediting at 50SB not the 10 it is listed at. That's the difference between me hitting my first Daily Target and not. Only qualified for 1 survey today and my first Daily Goal was 115, wouldn't usually have bothered but already have hit the first 12 days target so only need to hit target 2 more days running for the 14 day bonus - miniscule as it is!
    • Happygreen
    • By Happygreen 14th Mar 17, 11:22 AM
    • 2,622 Posts
    • 9,674 Thanks
    Happygreen
    EngageMeTV is coming up with "Bad Gateway" this morning. Is it gone for everyone else of just for me?
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi
    • Lineva
    • By Lineva 14th Mar 17, 11:24 AM
    • 26 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    Lineva
    EngageMeTV is coming up with "Bad Gateway" this morning. Is it gone for everyone else of just for me?
    Originally posted by Happygreen
    Same for me too, some have a 502 error and some a 504 (timeout).
    • Happygreen
    • By Happygreen 14th Mar 17, 11:29 AM
    • 2,622 Posts
    • 9,674 Thanks
    Happygreen
    Same for me too, some have a 502 error and some a 504 (timeout).
    Originally posted by Lineva
    suppose it'll be 6 out of 8 today
    • thisone
    • By thisone 14th Mar 17, 11:32 AM
    • 197 Posts
    • 1,294 Thanks
    thisone
    Todays to do list bonus: 3sb!
    • Lineva
    • By Lineva 14th Mar 17, 12:01 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    Lineva
    EngageMe.TV seems to be working again now.
    • looie
    • By looie 14th Mar 17, 12:01 PM
    • 626 Posts
    • 5,114 Thanks
    looie
    Instant survey 31sb
    100 NSD in 2017 - 21/100
    £2017 in 2017 £433.00
    Loan £625.99
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

207Posts Today

1,322Users online

Martin's Twitter