Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Becles
    • By Becles 1st Jan 17, 9:14 PM
    • 12,830Posts
    • 25,846Thanks
    Becles
    Swagbucking into 2017
    • 1st Jan 17, 9:14 PM
    Swagbucking into 2017 1st Jan 17 at 9:14 PM
    Welcome to the new thread.

Newbies: please see the detailed information in this thread which explains how Swagbucks works and how you can make the best from it.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5581051
    Last edited by Becles; 05-01-2017 at 8:24 AM.
    Here I go again on my own....
Page 106
    • morpho
    • By morpho 13th Mar 17, 9:54 AM
    • 224 Posts
    • 331 Thanks
    morpho
    Just got 20 for searching salmon en croute.
    Originally posted by holidaysforme

thanks!!!..............whoopee I got 9 !
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 13th Mar 17, 10:40 AM
    • 4,040 Posts
    • 8,418 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    It doesn't work for me either
    Originally posted by Al1x
    I had to do it in Chrome, not Safari as form wouldn't load in Safari.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £32,489.10
    (Not inc coupons, yellow stickies, bank interest or loyalty rewards because I have better things to do than catalogue everything!) Swagbucks £1852.50
    • kippygolf
    • By kippygolf 13th Mar 17, 10:47 AM
    • 1,174 Posts
    • 5,294 Thanks
    kippygolf
    Signout of Swagbucks, switch wifi off your phone, use 3G, sign back in, complete offer...receive 50sb.... switch wifi back on. Job done!
    Originally posted by SergioRam
    Five Min Fun (via Discover Offers on Homepage) credited 50 SBs for me using this method via Chrome on my Android, many thanks!

Please can I gently & politely ask that people save posting Search wins until they have something else to post. It causes potentially thousands of members to visit the website each time. Search wins are actually random, so whilst it may be fun for some to share a win, it just takes up thread space and wastes time for those not interest.
    • Super Trouper
    • By Super Trouper 13th Mar 17, 10:59 AM
    • 503 Posts
    • 1,556 Thanks
    Super Trouper
    Trying to run engageme.tv and it has stopped showing ads just one view away from being credited 1SB - Funny that!!
    • holidaysforme
    • By holidaysforme 13th Mar 17, 11:18 AM
    • 1,379 Posts
    • 847 Thanks
    holidaysforme
    Five Min Fun (via Discover Offers on Homepage) credited 50 SBs for me using this method via Chrome on my Android, many thanks!

Please can I gently & politely ask that people save posting Search wins until they have something else to post. It causes potentially thousands of members to visit the website each time. Search wins are actually random, so whilst it may be fun for some to share a win, it just takes up thread space and wastes time for those not interest.
    Originally posted by kippygolf
    Sorry didn't realise. Thought I was being helpful.
    • Scarlett
    • By Scarlett 13th Mar 17, 11:19 AM
    • 243 Posts
    • 487 Thanks
    Scarlett
    Instant survey 6SB one question on the financial crash
    • Merlin139
    • By Merlin139 13th Mar 17, 11:20 AM
    • 4,011 Posts
    • 16,496 Thanks
    Merlin139
    Trying to run engageme.tv and it has stopped showing ads just one view away from being credited 1SB - Funny that!!
    Originally posted by Super Trouper
    Just ran mine. Doing App Trailers. Started with Action against Lungworm advert. Clicked fwd to adverts and it played the same advert each time bar the last when it played cancer research. Took less than 4 minutes to get the 1SB

Bonus for Today:

13/03/17 Bonus SB: To-Do List Bonus 4 SB
    13/03/17 Bonus SB: To-Do List 1 Step From Complete Bonus 1 SB
    Last edited by Merlin139; 13-03-2017 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Add Bonus info
    3.975 kW SF 35 Deg YO25 10% SI Location UP ON the ROOF!!!!
    • Happygreen
    • By Happygreen 13th Mar 17, 11:22 AM
    • 2,604 Posts
    • 9,666 Thanks
    Happygreen
    Originally posted by Super Trouper
    I found that the counter still doesn't make sense. It credited 1 sb and ticked the box after 0.8. What you are saying kind of confirms that the ads are only showing at particular times of the day....but today it took an awful lot longer, like over an hour, there must have been a lot fewer ads. I don't sit and wait or click ahead, I get on with life while it's doing its thing, so don't know what the ratio of ads to videos was.
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi
    • Al1x
    • By Al1x 13th Mar 17, 11:26 AM
    • 1,625 Posts
    • 2,110 Thanks
    Al1x
    Signout of Swagbucks, switch wifi off your phone, use 3G, sign back in, complete offer...receive 50sb.... switch wifi back on. Job done!
    Originally posted by SergioRam
    That worked for me too

• Merlin139
    • By Merlin139 13th Mar 17, 11:30 AM
    • 4,011 Posts
    • 16,496 Thanks
    Merlin139
    I found that the counter still doesn't make sense. It credited 1 sb and ticked the box after 0.8. What you are saying kind of confirms that the ads are only showing at particular times of the day....but today it took an awful lot longer, like over an hour, there must have been a lot fewer ads. I don't sit and wait or click ahead, I get on with life while it's doing its thing, so don't know what the ratio of ads to videos was.
    Originally posted by Happygreen
    The counter goes:

0.1 0.3 0.4 0.5 0.7 0.8 for the 6 adverts. Has done this for as long as I can remember.

You notice niff naff like this when you have worked with numbers most of your life.
    • Happygreen
    • By Happygreen 13th Mar 17, 11:33 AM
    • 2,604 Posts
    • 9,666 Thanks
    Happygreen
    The counter goes:

0.1 0.3 0.4 0.5 0.7 0.8 for the 6 adverts. Has done this for as long as I can remember.

You notice niff naff like this when you have worked with numbers most of your life.
    Originally posted by Merlin139
    blame logical thinking, that 1+1+1+1+1+1 makes 6
    thanks for clarifying for the ones who go and do the washing up while it runs
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi
    • Sarebear78
    • By Sarebear78 13th Mar 17, 11:36 AM
    • 144 Posts
    • 228 Thanks
    Sarebear78
    The Entertainment EngageMe tv seems to be paying out quite easily this morning - only appears to be needing 0.8 Swagbucks again on the counter to trigger a SB reward. The ads seem plentiful too at the minute - hope that is the case for everyone so it ticks off the Discover on the Daily task list x

Only just noticed the above comments - hope that was only on the other choices of Engageme TV
    Last edited by Sarebear78; 13-03-2017 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Extra info
    • mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 13th Mar 17, 12:01 PM
    • 32,770 Posts
    • 206,810 Thanks
    mjm3346
    The Entertainment EngageMe tv seems to be paying out quite easily this morning - only appears to be needing 0.8 Swagbucks again on the counter to trigger a SB reward. The ads seem plentiful too at the minute - hope that is the case for everyone so it ticks off the Discover on the Daily task list x

Only just noticed the above comments - hope that was only on the other choices of Engageme TV
    Originally posted by Sarebear78
    The counter doesn't matter, it requires 6 ads to be watched to earn a SB (used to be 3 ads).
    • sonicology
    • By sonicology 13th Mar 17, 2:44 PM
    • 65 Posts
    • 220 Thanks
    sonicology
    Anyone else finding it more and more difficult to get the 5 disqualification SBs? It seems that more and more surveys which supposedly do award them are instead routing me to a generic end survey screen and staying there instead of going back to the Gold Surveys page and awarding the single SB for being DQed.
    • Super Trouper
    • By Super Trouper 13th Mar 17, 2:46 PM
    • 503 Posts
    • 1,556 Thanks
    Super Trouper
    Anyone else finding it more and more difficult to get the 5 disqualification SBs? It seems that more and more surveys which supposedly do award them are instead routing me to a generic end survey screen and staying there instead of going back to the Gold Surveys page and awarding the single SB for being DQed.
    Originally posted by sonicology
    Yes a few of them no longer redirect. It's incredibly petty.
    • Happygreen
    • By Happygreen 13th Mar 17, 3:14 PM
    • 2,604 Posts
    • 9,666 Thanks
    Happygreen
    Originally posted by sonicology
    Even on PL I sometimes have to try 3 or 4 in a row before the 1 sb gets awarded. They are Nectar Surveys I believe (which coincidentally pay much better on Nectar)
    • Merlin139
    • By Merlin139 13th Mar 17, 3:23 PM
    • 4,011 Posts
    • 16,496 Thanks
    Merlin139
    Is the effort Worth IT?
    Not sure if anyone has thought about this or not. We are all getting a bid fed up with the reduction in value of everything so why not do something about it. Is 15 or 20 minutes of your time worth 39 SB?

Most people are forced to attempt these surveys to try and reach their daily targets to get a bonus of 300 SB which if you buy one of the 620 SB gift cards is all of about £2.45.

Therefore why not stop doing them?

If enough people boycott them then Swagbucks might figure out they are going wrong somewhere!

Just do enough that you are happy for the reward that you get for the time expended.

I stopped chasing the bonus a couple of months ago. I could not see the point of spend 2 hours to get about a £1 on some days.
    • Scarlett
    • By Scarlett 13th Mar 17, 4:14 PM
    • 243 Posts
    • 487 Thanks
    Scarlett
    Not sure if anyone has thought about this or not. We are all getting a bid fed up with the reduction in value of everything so why not do something about it. Is 15 or 20 minutes of your time worth 39 SB?

Most people are forced to attempt these surveys to try and reach their daily targets to get a bonus of 300 SB which if you buy one of the 620 SB gift cards is all of about £2.45.

Therefore why not stop doing them?

If enough people boycott them then Swagbucks might figure out they are going wrong somewhere!

Just do enough that you are happy for the reward that you get for the time expended.

I stopped chasing the bonus a couple of months ago. I could not see the point of spend 2 hours to get about a £1 on some days.
    Originally posted by Merlin139
    I'm inclined to agree. I was, until recently, able to reach the second daily goal with a tiny bit of effort. Not any more. It's just not as good value any more and I'm feeling less inclined to waste my time on it now...
    • economum
    • By economum 13th Mar 17, 4:19 PM
    • 112 Posts
    • 356 Thanks
    economum
    I've just had a 60 SB instant on supermarkets

Now if we had something like that every day I'd be very happy...
    • MissPop
    • By MissPop 13th Mar 17, 4:20 PM
    • 488 Posts
    • 984 Thanks
    MissPop
    Even on PL I sometimes have to try 3 or 4 in a row before the 1 sb gets awarded. They are Nectar Surveys I believe (which coincidentally pay much better on Nectar)
    Originally posted by Happygreen
    Nectar surveys seem to be done by Valued Opinions, which pays much better still. For example I just clicked on a 15 minute Nectar survey for 60 points (30p) but the same 15 minute survey would be worth 75p on VO.
    Make £2017 in 2017 - £359.64/£2017

2017 totals
    GiftHulk - $35 | Swagbucks - £150
    Prolific Academic - £81 | Valued Opinions - £40
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

149Posts Today

1,214Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • As I've said before - energy price cap sounds good, and will likely be popular, but there's a big risk of making th? https://t.co/ubeV9vnmU7

• Just seen @IvoGraham doing stand up in a comedy club. Superb, witty, self depricating, clever stuff. Go see him if you get the chance

• RT @ChrissyNunn: New one from @Tesco today.. "The sale of Goods Act is just legislation, it's like a guideline, it's not law" @MartinSLewis?

• Follow Martin