Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 1st Jan 17, 2:18 PM
    • 9,288Posts
    • 45,059Thanks
    Mooloo
    Mooloo's Joining up the dots in 2017
    • 1st Jan 17, 2:18 PM
    Mooloo's Joining up the dots in 2017 1st Jan 17 at 2:18 PM
    Welcome to another year in the life of Mooloo.
    I have been posting for many years now and have shared all the ins and outs of life, love, families and work.
    I started when I was struggling to bring up my children and their new babies under quite difficult circumstances.
    I am happy to say that I am in a much better stage of my life than all those years ago.
    I live with my 9 year old granddaughter with a Guardianship order for the past seven years.
    I have my own business running a sewing shop, and I have a rather tenuous relationship with my chap for 12 years plus.
    We are moving into 2017 with the new challenges of joining up the dots and hopefully moving forward to a single home in a couple of years.

So while I attempt to get things done I will continue to keep my life on track by being accountable for my actions by committing what is going on here.
    I will see if I can remember how to post a link from one thread to another.
    Last edited by Mooloo; 02-01-2017 at 6:54 PM. Reason: Change title
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
Page 62
    • Feral Moon
    • By Feral Moon 27th Nov 17, 1:31 PM
    • 2,740 Posts
    • 4,006 Thanks
    Feral Moon
    It might be worth doing a "credit check" on DS and his address...find out what she might have put in his name :-(
    Originally posted by thorsoak
    I agree. You can obtain his credit report at noddle.co.uk free of charge.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 27th Nov 17, 9:35 PM
    • 9,288 Posts
    • 45,059 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Thanks people.
    I had a better day. We put the chair outside the shop with a free sign on it.
    It disappeared anyway.
    With a spirit level we realised the floor where I sat was crooked, sloping etc which was affecting my posture, so this morning We rearranged the middle room, so I am sitting in the middle of the room where it is the flatter area.
    The hazards of a 17century building! It appears that is the cause of my problem with my back. Prolonged adjusting my posture without realising it.
    Hopefully we can sort my back out now.
    The sewing lesson went well. The rest of the day went in a whirl.
    Last fitting was at 4pm. I was still at work until 5.35
    Scraped through the door to collect Dgd at 6.
    Made a spaghetti Bolognese for tea, and enough for tomorrow.
    This evening I have been trying to organise my new gadgets.
    I finally used my PCWorld gift card balance from my birthday, and bought a new Kindle and a Fitbit. I am interested to know how much I do or don’t do physically.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 28th Nov 17, 6:55 AM
    • 9,288 Posts
    • 45,059 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Morning from a rather jaded Moo! I woke up far too many times, and feel very tired this morning.
    2nd massage today, and that will mean I will need to work later again as the work is flooding in. Long may that continue, but I will need to find my mojo and up my output.
    I can do this!
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 28th Nov 17, 6:52 PM
    • 48,986 Posts
    • 181,769 Thanks
    beanielou
    Hope you can enjoy your massage.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 28th Nov 17, 7:47 PM
    • 9,288 Posts
    • 45,059 Thanks
    Mooloo
    The massage is making a difference, I have booked another one next week. Hopefully I will sort it out soon. I stayed until 5.15pm
    I have plenty of work still to do. At home Dgd is having meltdown stroppy fits over everything. Acting like a Kevin and Perry teenager at the moment. Tiring to deal with.

I plan an early night for both of us.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 28th Nov 17, 8:05 PM
    • 48,986 Posts
    • 181,769 Thanks
    beanielou
    Early night sounds like a good idea.

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 30th Nov 17, 7:15 AM
    • 9,288 Posts
    • 45,059 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Yesterday was a busy day. School run, post office to send a parcel. Biggests to drop off DGDs clothes that we culled on Sunday for her girls. Then to Mums. Changed her bed. Took her with me to town, joined a wholesalers and bought dye for the Shop, also the lego set Dgd wants for Christmas and a few other items. Didn’t feel they were very cheap at all. Think B & M are cheaper for a lot of things.
    Then to the office supplies for the new seat, and from there to Lidl for the food shopping.
    We stopped at a village pub for lunch, I bought a second hand book ( for Macmillan), to add to BFs stocking.
    Took Mum home, and got back by 2.50 to put away the shopping before Dgd came home. She came home with her friends. Called me on route.
    Then it was relax. After moving the washing on, cup of tea and diary out.
    Then we sorted dinner.
    After dinner I studied some Videos on Planning, and making my dreams real. Goal crushing etc.
    After tea I also had a relaxing Bath, bubbles, and candles.
    Then I updated my business journal to focus on the sales figures etc.
    Then read before bed at 10pm
    Went to sleep listening to an audio book.

I am about to launch myself out of bed, with a plan for the day, and alarms set for reminders throughout my day, to try and keep me on track.

As the Americans say, don’t just have a dream, crush it!
    • Feral Moon
    • By Feral Moon 30th Nov 17, 12:26 PM
    • 2,740 Posts
    • 4,006 Thanks
    Feral Moon
    How on earth did you manage to achieve all that before 3pm

I don't think I could manage all that within a day!
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 30th Nov 17, 4:06 PM
    • 48,986 Posts
    • 181,769 Thanks
    beanielou
    I dont think I could achieve it in a week!!

• Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 30th Nov 17, 8:48 PM
    • 9,288 Posts
    • 45,059 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Driving helped. Post office is about 2 minutes down the road. Work about 5 minutes away.
    Daughter is 12 Miles away. ( 15 minutes in car).
    Mum about 1/2 mile from daughter.
    Town about 12 miles further.
    So without car would be stumped.

Life is always on the go.
    Today was full on. Another busy day with nearly record amounts of new jobs. I lost count at 13 new jobs in.
    Cannot guarantee any more for next Friday there are over 50 jobs in.
    I plan to see if the breakfast club has space next week for dgd as Mercedes F1 dinner dance is Either Friday or Saturday, and everyone wants their alterations for then.
    I can’t guarantee anything else done by then.
    I also have a Lapland Wedding now in to do before I go away. 3 weeks today!
    Last edited by Mooloo; 30-11-2017 at 8:54 PM.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 1st Dec 17, 8:29 AM
    • 9,288 Posts
    • 45,059 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Bf returned from Austria around 10.15 last night.
    I have asked him to help me tomorrow by taking Dgd to Biggests in the morning before he goes to his place, allowing me to get up early and get to work before hand, so I can Sew before lessons start.
    He has offered to collect Dgd at tea time so that I can work on this evening as well.
    I have left stir fry ingredients out for tea.
    My daily greatness diaries have arrived. My investment in me. I have been using the business journal through out this year, and it has helped me on my plans etc so I have decided to have the personal version as well.
    I baulked at the cost originally but actually both journals come to less than £1.35 a week. That’s not a lot to invest in my life.
    Time to get moving. ( back and hip are protesting but I am not giving in).
    School run, ( with sulking Dgd definitely coming into her “Kevin and Perry” time of life.
    We are using the count down to Christmas blocks as a count down to her visit to her Mum.
    I have the last of my roses in a vase on the coffee table, as the frost would have taken them.
    I need to get my sewing target of £150 worth done today!
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 2nd Dec 17, 9:03 PM
    • 9,288 Posts
    • 45,059 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Saturday morning up early and at work before 8am
    Six cushions cut out, piping fabric cut on the bias, piping made and started to make them up. 4 hours work and customer came in and changed her mind about the fabric and style of cover when she saw first fully made cover. 4 hours!!! Annoyed, saddened, stressed over stretched.
    Last fittings for Day took an hour rather than normal 15-20 mins.
    bf BF was supposed to drive Dgd to Biggests when they got up but his car (daughter’s new car), battery was flat, so Biggest’s hubby had to come out to his rescue and took Dgd Home.
    Basically it was one of those days!
    I am in bed and ready to shut the door on today. Tomorrow will be a better day!!!
    I hope
    Last edited by Mooloo; 02-12-2017 at 9:04 PM. Reason: Prediction text
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 2nd Dec 17, 9:35 PM
    • 48,986 Posts
    • 181,769 Thanks
    beanielou
    Blimey, you dont need customers like that.
    Difficult situation but surely you have to charge customer for the work you have done. Your time is money.

• Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 3rd Dec 17, 8:32 AM
    • 9,288 Posts
    • 45,059 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Blimey, you dont need customers like that.
    Difficult situation but surely you have to charge customer for the work you have done. Your time is money.
    Originally posted by beanielou
    I doubt she would pay.
    I have unpicked the finished cushion and retrieved the 6 fronts and will wait for her change of fabric, but I will not be able to guarantee her deadline time now.
    Tomorrow I will get Biggest to cut me out 6 new fronts, and I will bring it all home and finish them and then like the money for nothing Lady on TV I will take pictures and sell them on Social Media. As thatís the only way to guarantee getting my money back.
    The goldfish both died yesterday.
    I am blaming the blue stones we bought from the pet shop last week. Dispute rinsing them before we used them. The colour was tinting the water I realised. Dgd not thrilled.
    So today is another day, a new dawn, a new beginning, cannot change the past, or predict (with accuracy) the future, all I can do today is acknowledge my emotions, energies (lack of them), and look to making it a great day. Well thatís the theory anyway.
    The other day I was talking to my son in law about DSís ex partner causing so much trouble etc and said that she was worse than the family from hell. This morning I wake up to a friends request from the girl from the family from hell! She had commented on Twin Twoís post about saying happy birthday to dgs1, who was 10 on 30th . Of course we do not know where he is now he is adopted.
    I have accepted, but will not follow. And can delete at anytime if inappropriate actions occur.
    I know she is a gossip etc but she wonít get much about me from Facebook. Just donít lead her to here.

So the action plan is a gentle get up, cup of tea while I write this.
    Then move the washing on, wash up dinner ( I couldnít be bothered yesterday).
    Vaccumed the house. Straighten up the beds, DGDs room and the front room. Wash the school uniform and then pack a bag for BFs for the night. Grab my laptop and paperwork to do at BFs this evening.
    Hopefully be there for lunchtime. I will check in with him before we leave. I was just not up to going last night.
    • Feral Moon
    • By Feral Moon 4th Dec 17, 2:36 AM
    • 2,740 Posts
    • 4,006 Thanks
    Feral Moon
    Mooloo, you can set your privacy settings so that she doesn't see anything posted on your wall. If you go to "who can see my posts" you can set it in there. Also you can set her to restricted status in the friends section.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 4th Dec 17, 7:43 PM
    • 9,288 Posts
    • 45,059 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Feeling frustrated today. The cushion lady came in but Biggest dealt with her. She has to go and get more fabric and has also changed the style of the cushions. I am not impressed but it will teach me to say no to people telling me to do what I think!
    We will make new fronts and finish them. But today I was definitely not enjoying work.
    I had a plethora of fittings all morning and another at 5pm this evening!
    I felt all sewn out and could easily have shut the door on the Shop and driven off never to come back again!
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 4th Dec 17, 7:45 PM
    • 48,986 Posts
    • 181,769 Thanks
    beanielou
    I just cannot get my head round how some customers think TBH.

• Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 6th Dec 17, 7:21 AM
    • 9,288 Posts
    • 45,059 Thanks
    Mooloo
    As I am finding it difficult to get motivated, my daily greatness journal is not yet sparking any answers. I am yo-yoing from emotion to emotion. I am wasting my evenings watching tv, and not tackling the things I need to do.
    I am sewing at work, it’s just like ground hog day though. Definitely only going through the motions and not enjoying it.
    Leaving work at 5.30 and collecting Dgd just before 6, home to cook tea and then I just sit down until bedtime. I need to snap out of the doledrums.

On the plus side we are getting through the work needed for the ball this weekend. The cushion woman returned with some very ugly fabrics for the back of her cushions. Going to be a challenge to try and cut enough piping out for them!
    DS’s exgf had a false alarm trip to maternity on Monday, turns out strong braxton Hicks. DS is very good to be taking her back and forwards considering they are not together anymore.
    Dgd is feeling unwell, went to bed with a headache, cough and temperature so as today I am home waiting for the gas boiler man to service it I have decided to keep her home and monitor her. I will have to not go to see my Mum, but she will cope as my sister is due to fly out from France on Friday. Her and her partner have decided to visit (despite telling me they couldn’t come, couldn’t afford it when Mum was ill two months ago!) I am not impressed really, and to be honest I don’t think Mum is looking forward to house guests. She has told them they will have to look after themselves etc at mealtimes as she couldn’t cope with cooking for them. This, in my eyes could be interesting!
    I am up, but not dressed yet. A day at home may be just what I need. As long as I muster up the umph to do things while I have the opportunity. As it’s my only time left to do things.
    Boiler man due between 8am-1pm
    • Eager_Elephant
    • By Eager_Elephant 6th Dec 17, 8:04 AM
    • 4,116 Posts
    • 22,837 Thanks
    Eager_Elephant
    If you need to rest Mooloo then that's what you should do.

I feel the same about my evenings and every morning I vow to do more that evening and it never happens - never underestimate how much working full time takes out of you.

I didn't realise DS' exGF was pregnant - I assume it is DS' which is why he is driving her about?
    Ninja Saving Turtle No. 15 for November
    NSD - 1/15
    (up to 01/11/17)
    My Diary is here - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2175629 (Eager Elephants Effective Everyday Excursion)
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 6th Dec 17, 8:54 AM
    • 9,288 Posts
    • 45,059 Thanks
    Mooloo
    If you need to rest Mooloo then that's what you should do.

I feel the same about my evenings and every morning I vow to do more that evening and it never happens - never underestimate how much working full time takes out of you.

I didn't realise DS' exGF was pregnant - I assume it is DS' which is why he is driving her about?
    Originally posted by Eager_Elephant
    I am told it is, but surprisingly as the dates are interesting to me!
    For her sake it better come sooner rather than later. Still makes me wonder what my Son was thinking about having unprotected relations with her when he was planning on leaving her at the time. (I am not impressed).
    She has been using the baby as a weapon to harass him and blackmail him into running around after her all the time.
    Which has been adding to his stress levels.
    She has been threatening to change the toddlers surname to hers, and DS is very unhappy as sheís telling him she wonít give new baby his name either. (That also makes me wonder), suppose dna test may have to be done but we cannot afford that at the moment.

I am up and dressed. Waiting for the boiler chap. Dgd went back to sleep. I will have to move her to my bed when chap arrives as boiler is in her bedroom.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,407Posts Today

8,243Users online

Martin's Twitter