Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 1st Jan 17, 2:18 PM
    • 9,293Posts
    • 45,068Thanks
    Mooloo
    Mooloo's Joining up the dots in 2017
    • 1st Jan 17, 2:18 PM
    Mooloo's Joining up the dots in 2017 1st Jan 17 at 2:18 PM
    Welcome to another year in the life of Mooloo.
    I have been posting for many years now and have shared all the ins and outs of life, love, families and work.
    I started when I was struggling to bring up my children and their new babies under quite difficult circumstances.
    I am happy to say that I am in a much better stage of my life than all those years ago.
    I live with my 9 year old granddaughter with a Guardianship order for the past seven years.
    I have my own business running a sewing shop, and I have a rather tenuous relationship with my chap for 12 years plus.
    We are moving into 2017 with the new challenges of joining up the dots and hopefully moving forward to a single home in a couple of years.

So while I attempt to get things done I will continue to keep my life on track by being accountable for my actions by committing what is going on here.
    I will see if I can remember how to post a link from one thread to another.
    Last edited by Mooloo; 02-01-2017 at 6:54 PM. Reason: Change title
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
Page 53
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 3rd Oct 17, 11:13 AM
    • 49,020 Posts
    • 181,970 Thanks
    beanielou
    Wish I was nearer to help.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 4th Oct 17, 1:33 PM
    • 9,293 Posts
    • 45,068 Thanks
    Mooloo
    The doctor came back out and Mum is on Antibiotics and steroids too. The days are less fraught, and the night time episodes are less.
    Dgd is 10 today!
    Her Mum has come up from Kent and will meet her at school and stay tonight at my house.
    I am at Mum's but I did go to parents evening with Dgd last night before taking her back to her Aunties to sleep. We had a chippy last night.
    This morning I got up early and went around to Biggests to say happy birthday and see her open her presents. Then I took her to school and picked up her glasses for her ( took them back to school,) and came back to mum's. She was 3 hours on her own, but I had left her with a flask, pain eu chocolat and the commode.! She managed, and didn't have any further episodes thankfully.
    I have more work here to do today, and hopefully Biggest will feel better soon as she also has a virus now, but she may not be well enough to work tomorrow so I am trying to get the work done so I can get it back for the customers.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 5th Oct 17, 7:37 AM
    • 9,293 Posts
    • 45,068 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Biggest is not going to be able to work today.
    Mum is a little better although she had a long episode last night and neither one of us had much sleep between 2 and 4.
    Added to my sleep were nightmares and weird dreams when I did sleep.
    I have managed to ask old staff to help me today for a couple of hours so that I can come back at Lunchtime to check on my Mum.
    So I will be sorting out a few things here, then going to work. I will open up and take the work I have done and one of my machines back to work with me. Staff will cover 11-1.30 and I will come home to care for Mum and then go back to work for 1.30-2.30.
    I will close then as advertised and pop home for a few clean things and the campbed and mattress etc. Then collect Dgd from after school club and bring her back here with me. Presumably biggest is not going to be able to help today, so Dgd is unfortunately going to have to sleep on the workroom floor here at Mums. My brother arrives tonight. So we will just have to use the sleeping bags and share the bedroom tonight. Tomorrow I will do the school run etc once I get Mum up, and hopefully I will then be able to go home and just come Morning/evening for any personal care Mum needs.
    We will have to make plans for the future as to what care Mum will need as my brother cannot stay indefinitely and I cannot expect biggest to have Dgd indefinitely either.
    I haven’t been home other than to grab a few things and I haven’t seen my BF since he picked me up from the hospital last Wednesday night. It seems a life time ago!
    I better get up and ready.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 5th Oct 17, 10:14 AM
    • 49,020 Posts
    • 181,970 Thanks
    beanielou
    You need to try to get some form of social/home care for your mum.
    Be insistant.

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 5th Oct 17, 10:56 AM
    • 4,992 Posts
    • 52,320 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    Sorry this is such a difficult time Mooloo. Thinking of you and your family.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 5th Oct 17, 2:37 PM
    • 9,293 Posts
    • 45,068 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Feet up for an hour now.
    Staff kindly kept the shop open for me, and is going to leave me the key with the shop next door. So I did not have to rush back at Lunchtime. It has enabled me to vacuum and dust the cobwebs away at Mums. Going to do a chicken curry with some chicken I brought from home and a sauce mix for ease.
    Dgd has basketball after school so I will go and get her later.
    She is now going to still stay at Biggests and in the morning I am going to take her and dgs4 to school before I go to work. Biggest will then only have one scheduled school run and can rest afterwards.
    Hopefully by Monday she will be better.
    My brother is at Calais after 8 hours of driving. He has about 4 hours ahead of him this end of the tunnel. I expect him around 7 if the traffic is good to him.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 6th Oct 17, 12:12 PM
    • 9,293 Posts
    • 45,068 Thanks
    Mooloo
    I am at work, although I’m finding it difficult to get motivated. Just stopped for a sandwich. Luckily it’s quite. Only a few customers so far.
    My brother took over at Mums this morning.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 6th Oct 17, 6:13 PM
    • 49,020 Posts
    • 181,970 Thanks
    beanielou
    Not surprised you are finding it hard to be motivated.
    Try to take care of you too

• Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 7th Oct 17, 7:57 AM
    • 9,293 Posts
    • 45,068 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Well I went to bed at about 7pm last night and only got up for the loo! 12 hours in bed. Dgd is now I’ll too.
    I have lessons booked in today so have to show up at work. Although l don’t feel like it.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 7th Oct 17, 5:09 PM
    • 9,293 Posts
    • 45,068 Thanks
    Mooloo
    We survived the day.
    Be another early night.
    Tomorrow my Brother is going to make Sunday Lunch for us. Tonight is simple sausages and mash for me, Dgd only wanted noodles as her throat is sore.
    I managed to get through the day. Mum is much better, and tomorrow I am going to encourage her to get dressed.
    I am more confident that she is getting better. Big brother is stock taking her cupboards and freezer, plans on batch cooking and making it easier for mum after he goes.
    Hospital have forwarded a letter for a follow up appointment in the respiratory clinic in a week or two. Mum doesn’t want to go back to the hospital so going to see if her doctor can do any of the tests in the health centre.
    I am too tired to go to BFs so won’t see him until about Wednesday now.
    By then I am hoping to be back on form. I have a serious amount of work to do and need to get back on doing down the debt.
    • Savvy_Sue
    • By Savvy_Sue 7th Oct 17, 6:44 PM
    • 37,848 Posts
    • 34,238 Thanks
    Savvy_Sue
    Hospital have forwarded a letter for a follow up appointment in the respiratory clinic in a week or two. Mum doesn’t want to go back to the hospital so going to see if her doctor can do any of the tests in the health centre.
    Originally posted by Mooloo
    That's all well and good, but I do hope that if the doctor can't do the tests locally you won't just let things slide, Mooloo!

From what you've said previously, I do worry that your mum's - to put it no more strongly - strong preferences may end up meaning that you are landed with far more on your plate than there needs to be.

You may not be able to dictate what help she accepts, but you can't get drawn into providing help she could get elsewhere but prefers not to.
    Still knitting!
    Completed: 1 adult cardigan, 3 baby jumpers, 2 shawls, 3 pairs baby bootees,
    1 Wise Man Knitivity figure + 1 sheep, 2 pairs socks, 1 seaman's hat ...
    Current projects: 1 shawl, another seaman's hat
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 8th Oct 17, 9:44 AM
    • 9,293 Posts
    • 45,068 Thanks
    Mooloo
    I think that Mum is still slightly panicked about the Hospital as Dad went for a test and never came home. Not completely logical but I do understand.
    I have said that we will find out what the health centre can do first, and then persuade her to do what is necessary. My brother is strong, he will cajole, over rule etc as necessary because she will listen to him.

I am still feeling tired, despite sleeping a lot again last night.
    I have been down stairs for several hours but not really motivated myself to move yet!
    So next is the diary and hopefully I will get my head around my lethargy and make my plans for going forward.
    I feel like a duvet day!But I know that I cannot have the luxury as I have only today to do things at home, and we already have committed several hours in the middle of the day to go to Mums. At least I don’t have to think about dinner today.
    Tomorrow I am hoping to see some normality in my days return.
    • Savvy_Sue
    • By Savvy_Sue 8th Oct 17, 11:04 AM
    • 37,848 Posts
    • 34,238 Thanks
    Savvy_Sue
    that makes perfect sense Mooloo, and I am glad your brother is there and will help with Mum's decision making. Frustrating, isn't it? My mum would always run anything I said past one of my brothers, or say "I'll ask X to do that next time he's here" and even having watched me get up and do whatever it was it still never occurred to her I might be capable of doing practical stuff!

Also worth flagging Mum's fears to her GP and the nurses at the Health Centre ...
    Last edited by Savvy_Sue; 08-10-2017 at 2:59 PM.
    Still knitting!
    Completed: 1 adult cardigan, 3 baby jumpers, 2 shawls, 3 pairs baby bootees,
    1 Wise Man Knitivity figure + 1 sheep, 2 pairs socks, 1 seaman's hat ...
    Current projects: 1 shawl, another seaman's hat
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 8th Oct 17, 11:29 AM
    • 9,293 Posts
    • 45,068 Thanks
    Mooloo
    A quick trip to Aldi for Food, and on to see Mum etc. The aim is to try and get her to get dressed today.
    Brother is cooking SUNDAY LUNCH! Yeah
    I have had a long soak in the bath and feeling more human.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 8th Oct 17, 5:34 PM
    • 9,293 Posts
    • 45,068 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Slightly over budget at £30.86 in Aldi but we did get a pumpkin!
    I feel much happier today. I managed to persuade Mum to put clothes on when I arrived. Well when she said she was going upstairs to the loo I suggested she changed while she was up there.
    Brother moved the kitchen table away from the wall and we all sat round it to eat lunch. When I arrived Biggest was visiting with her Hubby and DGS4.
    She is much better and will be in work tomorrow. So hopefully we will get a full day in the shop for me and the Seamstress and 5 hours with Biggest there.
    Mum is talking and eating well, with much fewer coughing episodes. Brother did say as I left that he will need to make plans to go home.
    So I will need to pick up the reins again soon. But for now I am relaxed knowing that Mum is on the mend.
    I can then turn my thoughts to my business and my own personal finances etc.
    I am behind withlots of things, but feel more confident that I can get things done.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 8th Oct 17, 7:02 PM
    • 49,020 Posts
    • 181,970 Thanks
    beanielou
    Glad to hear that your mum is on the mend.

• Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 8th Oct 17, 7:30 PM
    • 9,293 Posts
    • 45,068 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Glad to hear that your mum is on the mend.
    Originally posted by beanielou
    Thankyou so much
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 9th Oct 17, 7:18 AM
    • 9,293 Posts
    • 45,068 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Morning. Today I am planning to get back to normal with work and Home. Brother is getting on with my Mum’s care and I am able to step back and try and rescue my business.
    I am hoping to see BF on Wednesday.
    Dgd needs to go to school but I expect she will play me up on her cold, and not want to go to school!
    I am not going to be able to keep her home as I have too much to do. I also know that although she snuffled a lot it didn’t stop her from her gadgets etc. So she needs to go to school and try to work.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 9th Oct 17, 6:33 PM
    • 9,293 Posts
    • 45,068 Thanks
    Mooloo
    One of the School dinner ladies has decided to tell Dgd she has tonsillitis, nice to know that she’s medically trained then!
    Dgd has a sore throat yes, but it has not become tonsillitis yet anyway.
    Mum is coming on in leaps and bounds now, getting dressed and even coming out for a drive. Brother stopped a lady walking her dog and asked her to recommend a hair dresser and now Mum is booked into one tomorrow for a wash, cut and blow dry.
    She has the Doctors in the afternoon. Brother is now planning his return to France by the weekend.
    Biggest was back in work today, although she is still coughing at times.
    I sewed all day, but struggled to get any momentum going. I had jobs that had to be finished ASAP that the Seamstress has supposed to have done last week but started and didn’t finish.
    I also had 6 zips to put in now they had arrived. I certainly lost money/time ratio today, and I didn’t leave until 5.15
    Collected dgd and came straight home. Had mince leftovers and the last of the spaghetti for tea. Going to heat some custard for pudding to go with some stewed apples. Managed a personal no spends day, but had to buy milk and order zips via eBay for the business.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 10th Oct 17, 6:53 AM
    • 9,293 Posts
    • 45,068 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Morning!
    I spent several hours writing in my diary, and reading a PDF on making life bigger and better. I was feeling very lost within my self lately, having seen my dreams pushed further away and I struggled to get my motivation back because of it. I didn’t have the tv on, I didn’t open any wine, I just wrote and wrote.
    The outcome is back to the bottom rung on the ladder, to remember what I have got, what I have achieved in the past and knowing that if I managed to save etc before, and lived on lower incomes, then I can do it again. Instead of hiding under the duvet (my primal urge), I will take basic steps to get me through the day, and to deal with the jobs that have been neglected.
    It’s always hard to make changes when I am low, but I am not going to let the depression creep up on me without giving it a good try.
    I probably won’t get the timing correct, but I have a to do list for today, and I will tick each one off as I go.
    Onwards and upwards!
    I will get to where I want to go in the end. One step at a time.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,359Posts Today

7,582Users online

Martin's Twitter