Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 1st Jan 17, 2:18 PM
    • 9,254Posts
    • 44,981Thanks
    Mooloo
    Mooloo's Joining up the dots in 2017
    • 1st Jan 17, 2:18 PM
    Mooloo's Joining up the dots in 2017 1st Jan 17 at 2:18 PM
    Welcome to another year in the life of Mooloo.
    I have been posting for many years now and have shared all the ins and outs of life, love, families and work.
    I started when I was struggling to bring up my children and their new babies under quite difficult circumstances.
    I am happy to say that I am in a much better stage of my life than all those years ago.
    I live with my 9 year old granddaughter with a Guardianship order for the past seven years.
    I have my own business running a sewing shop, and I have a rather tenuous relationship with my chap for 12 years plus.
    We are moving into 2017 with the new challenges of joining up the dots and hopefully moving forward to a single home in a couple of years.

So while I attempt to get things done I will continue to keep my life on track by being accountable for my actions by committing what is going on here.
    I will see if I can remember how to post a link from one thread to another.
    Last edited by Mooloo; 02-01-2017 at 6:54 PM. Reason: Change title
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
Page 50
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 16th Sep 17, 7:36 AM
    • 9,254 Posts
    • 44,981 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Well my patterns are selling fast. It's taking up quite a bit of my time in the early morning and evenings when people are searching for things I suppose, but I now have £80.25 in my paypal account after fees are deducted. I have yet to deduct the postage to work out exactly what the profit is, but I am happy with leaving it in the account for a few more days. Mind you I am into overdraft after the rent went out on Wednesday. So I may have to use it. Keeping my eye on it so I don't get over the limit.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 17th Sep 17, 7:07 PM
    • 9,254 Posts
    • 44,981 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Decided to withdraw £75 from paypal and reduce my overdraft a bit.
    I have a few more sewing patterns pending payment.
    I have more to sell but for now there are a lot of others now selling at the same time, so I will take a break from adding them to the same site for a week or two. But actually I can start to upload fabrics instead.
    I shall move the patterns to another site if I find one suitable.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 18th Sep 17, 7:01 AM
    • 9,254 Posts
    • 44,981 Thanks
    Mooloo
    I really am struggling with getting to grips with everything at the moment.
    I can't say there is any particular one thing that is not going right, it just all seems very blah...
    But life must go on, and I know that I will not always feel so disjointed and that things will pick up momentum soon, because it always does. I am just on the outer rim of the wheel, and I need to centre in the hub to get a smoother ride. Meanwhile I am up and down, disoriented and disjointed in my thoughts, deeds and actions, so bare with me as I am trying to regroup my self.
    Life at work should start to get better and the pressure to do everything myself should reduce. Bf is away with work, so in the evenings I don't have to consider him, etc and hopefully I can gain momentum to attack the chores. I am not good at that these days.
    One day it will all fall into place.
    Day dreaming about Portugal retirement is actually taking up too much time and I need to focus on the here and now!!
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 18th Sep 17, 9:07 AM
    • 4,940 Posts
    • 51,734 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    Thoughts are with you Mooloo. I hope you feel better soon. I know it's horrible feeling disjointed ((HUGS))
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 18th Sep 17, 6:26 PM
    • 9,254 Posts
    • 44,981 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Well blow me down with a feather!
    I talked about the wheel and the hub this morning and this evening one of my tarot cards came up. The Wheel of Fortune.
    And this is what it said "The Wheel of Fortune in this position indicates that your mind or your heart just won't keep still. It keeps churning up new developments or issues that you thought were resolved. This is the nature of The Wheel of Fortune, which never ceases to turn. You probably feel like you want to get off life's Ferris wheel once in a while, but there is only one good way to do that -- take refuge in the hub, the center from which all the motion is emanating. Much as you might like to, there is no way to stay on top all the time. Your ultimate challenge is to learn to peak and drop without resisting the process, including all its ups and downs."

I can't quite believe it.
    I am still selling the odd pattern but there are so many others selling the same patterns now, I am surprised that I am selling any now.

At work we were kept busy, although I started by 9.30, and didn't leave until 5pm I only managed to sew £99.50 worth of work, however staff was sewing, and she managed around £120 in the same time.
    Biggest is settling into the job, using her initiative and enabling me to stay upstairs sewing more.
    Dgd is starting a cold, I hope that I don't get it.
    I am going to rest tonight, as I am tired. I hope that I will have a good sleep and feel better refreshed for the day ahead.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 18th Sep 17, 9:21 PM
    • 48,510 Posts
    • 178,514 Thanks
    beanielou
    Glad that DD is helping to ease the load.
    Hope you manage to get some rest tonight.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 19th Sep 17, 7:15 AM
    • 9,254 Posts
    • 44,981 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Morning! Struggling again after not an early night, as my friend came to collect her son, who was playing with Dgd, and had a coffee, and a long chat. I was mid read of an article about living in Portugal, so I continued reading until about 11pm. I thought that I would sleep well after that, but I had several nightmares and long bouts of tossing and turning in between.
    My eyes are tired, and gritty! Not the refreshing start that I wanted. Such is life.
    At least we are not in the middle of a hurricane!, or being attacked by military and fleeing from persecution! I must remember that!
    Just woken Dgd, I didn't take any tea things up to bed, so have come down to make my tea. Body is very stiff. So find myself struggling with stairs etc. Golden Paste and a shower necessary next. I will just have to continue in plod mode!
    I will worry about the things I have to do later. Think I will just be doing the necessary to get by at the moment.
    I may need to put the heating on for a short while too. Cold joints just don't work well.
    Luckily I have Biggest to help and the seamstress today. I will delegate what I can today.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 19th Sep 17, 9:29 AM
    • 48,510 Posts
    • 178,514 Thanks
    beanielou
    Delegation is good

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 19th Sep 17, 6:17 PM
    • 9,254 Posts
    • 44,981 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Well the Golden Paste helped, my hands worked ok and I just kept going with the alterations. I worked until 5.30 and did £200.50 worth of sewing and staff did about £140 worth.
    Dgd kept busy serving customers, ringing those jobs we'd finished and started to sort out the Zips.
    My friend from last night has collected dgd from after school so I could come straight home, after vacuuming the shop and bringing the rubbish home. So tomorrow I will be able to do the vacuuming at home tomorrow.
    I am having chicken mojito with rice for my tea.
    My feet are up now for a while. Although I might manage to sort a few odds and sods out ready to sell, donate, upcycle or throw. Even if it is only 15 minutes on a drawer!
    I have told Mum that I will not be over tomorrow as I really need to do my own household jobs!
    So despite feeling yucky this morning I have had a good day.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 20th Sep 17, 7:18 AM
    • 9,254 Posts
    • 44,981 Thanks
    Mooloo
    I didn't manage to sort much, although I did throw out several empty boxes that were stacked on top of the bookshelves. I am not sure why I was keeping them?!
    I have had my lemon/ginger tea and woken Dgd. Just done my stretches to get my ankles etc moving, and thinking about my day ahead. Relieved that my tax credits have been paid and there is some money in the bank, ready to cover the next DDs.
    I found my cashcard/bracelet when pottering last night, which was a relief as it has £34 on it. It means that I can buy our shopping top up with the budget earmarked on it.
    Today is my day at home, apart from the school run and top up shop.
    I am going to start with the 30 minutes timer in the bathroom. And work my way through the house.
    No excuses today I am going to tackle my nemesis! The House!!
    • ognum
    • By ognum 20th Sep 17, 7:55 AM
    • 4,474 Posts
    • 6,741 Thanks
    ognum
    Mooloo

Now you have biggest working with you can you sort things out from home to sell and taken them into the shop for her to manage on eBay or another internet site. Load, sell, pack and send, the whole process?

10 things a week and you would soon be sorted. Just a thought.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 20th Sep 17, 8:29 AM
    • 9,254 Posts
    • 44,981 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Mooloo

Now you have biggest working with you can you sort things out from home to sell and taken them into the shop for her to manage on eBay or another internet site. Load, sell, pack and send, the whole process?

10 things a week and you would soon be sorted. Just a thought.
    Originally posted by ognum
    Very possible! Although she has Bee very busy since she started, her time is flying by at the moment.
    While I start tidying up today I am planning to put things aside as I go.
    • jackieblack
    • By jackieblack 20th Sep 17, 3:49 PM
    • 7,312 Posts
    • 9,901 Thanks
    jackieblack
    I am having chicken mojito with rice for my tea.
    Originally posted by Mooloo
    Sounds good
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter,
    south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading

Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
    (Revera linguam latinam vix cognovi )
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 20th Sep 17, 4:54 PM
    • 9,254 Posts
    • 44,981 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Arghhhh!
    Problems with my Housing Benefits yet again, and my Housing didn't change my DDs ( or inform me, until today that I am in arrears.).
    Because my Housing Benefits has Been fluctuating, they were just monitoring it! So I was unaware that since June I have Bee slipping into debt. Now they want £550 a month and I struggled to get the £441 the last two months.
    So there is no way I will be able to help any of the children whether I want to or not. I will not be putting my 10% ( 20 or other) away into Savings and my Portugal dreams are definitely not going to happen anytime soon!
    I have been on to everyone etc, and checked out why? But meanwhile I am going to have to start over again!
    I cried, as I have been stressing out before this even happened.
    I have been de cluttering, after a spruce of the bathroom, the washing up done, I changed my bed, and started sorting the shelves, work tops, and started to put my summer clothes in a suitcase and started to make room for the Autumn winter stuff.
    But my back hurts now and I need a rest.
    Dgd is out on her bike, so I can't pop to the post office or food shopping until she's back.
    I would have gone earlier but I was in conversation with Housing and council so everything went out of the window!

Breathe, Budget and Menu Plan, see where I am, and how I can turn it around.
    I have a black sack of recycling rubbish, a charity bag of clothes, and a very small pile of odds and Dodds that may carboot, (or not!)
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 20th Sep 17, 6:00 PM
    • 48,510 Posts
    • 178,514 Thanks
    beanielou
    As my friend says breathe in & smile out!
    Last edited by beanielou; 20-09-2017 at 6:09 PM. Reason: Sp

• Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 20th Sep 17, 7:51 PM
    • 9,254 Posts
    • 44,981 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Oh b u m s !
    Dgd and neighbour's child came to blows, while on bike ride. Then Mum gets involved and goes mental over the phone.! Feel like dejavue from problems when my kids were little. I don't believe in parents falling out when kids argue because sure enough the next day the kids will be friends again and then the adults are enemies for nothing!
    I don't like today.
    But I should remember that it wasn't the day, it was a few incidents in part of the day.

Breathe!
    Look at the cleared surfaces, the reduced ironing pile, the washed sofa covers, and the changed bed!
    See feels better already
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 21st Sep 17, 9:01 AM
    • 4,940 Posts
    • 51,734 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    ((HUGS)) Mooloo, I do hope today will be better!
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 21st Sep 17, 12:44 PM
    • 9,254 Posts
    • 44,981 Thanks
    Mooloo
    The benefits claw back has been reduced to £5 a week.
    The rent accounts also reduced clawback, agreed to take arrears back over a longer time, so only have to find £460 not £550 phew!
    Couple more patterns sold so went to the post office before work every penny counts!
    Brought lunch in from home. Trying not to purchase from Baguette shop next door!
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 22nd Sep 17, 7:36 AM
    • 9,254 Posts
    • 44,981 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Was quite late at work last evening as I dusted off an embroidered Machine to sew a verse for my dgd2's other granny. Biggest is going to have to keep her eye on it for me today, as we need the verse done 5 times, in two different colours and it has to be programmed line by line as the memory only stores 3 lines out of the six!
    We are averaging 5 new jobs a day, at the moment. Which is keeping me busy still.
    I am less panicked than Wednesday now I have looked at the bills etc. However it is going to be a tight adjustment, while we try to find the funds on the due dates until I can rebuild the bank account somehow.
    I was pleased to come home to a tidy bedroom and sitting room, the bathroom and kitchen are not too bad most of the time anyway.
    I have a bag for recycling waiting for the next collection, all though I might take it to the Fire Station collecting box.
    I am running a little late, as I struggled to sleep after 4pm and was still awake at 4.45 so I put a hypnotherapy tape on and fell asleep through that.
    Time to move
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 22nd Sep 17, 9:27 PM
    • 9,254 Posts
    • 44,981 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Busy busy today.
    I didn't leave work until 5.35 so scraped through the door at After school club just before closing.' Twin1 actually Skyped her daughter today. Starting to plan their visit for her Birthday on the 4th and starting to discuss Christmas.
    Mum is excited for tomorrow going to the Sewing Bee exhibition
    Spoke to my brother on Skype, all is well with them.
    Bf is back in the U.K. Safe and sound.
    Dgd was happy to get a smilie face in her homework book. (She would not do homework last term it was a battle for every one).
    Work has been piling in. There is loads to do next week now.
    Monday morning I have a customer coming in with 20 or so items for alterations.

Biggest problem I now face is that the new tenant in the private accommodation next to my shop apparently are smoking cannabis and it is so strong that it is coming in through the nooks and crannies of the building.
    So much so that my shop is full of the smell.
    I am opening windows, using scented wax candles, frebreeze and worried too death each morning that a customer is going to notice.
    I tried to call the police on 101 but after being on hold for 40 minutes I gave up.
    I will have to try again on Monday and or call Environmental health maybe.
    If the smell carries on, I could loose my business and having just signed a two year lease it could be disastrous.
    Not to mention that it is giving me a headache.
    They appear to start mid afternoon, by 3.30 today I was feeling sick ��
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

538Posts Today

4,469Users online

Martin's Twitter