Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 1st Jan 17, 2:18 PM
    • 8,826Posts
    • 43,585Thanks
    Mooloo
    Mooloo's Joining up the dots in 2017
    • 1st Jan 17, 2:18 PM
    Mooloo's Joining up the dots in 2017 1st Jan 17 at 2:18 PM
    Welcome to another year in the life of Mooloo.
    I have been posting for many years now and have shared all the ins and outs of life, love, families and work.
    I started when I was struggling to bring up my children and their new babies under quite difficult circumstances.
    I am happy to say that I am in a much better stage of my life than all those years ago.
    I live with my 9 year old granddaughter with a Guardianship order for the past seven years.
    I have my own business running a sewing shop, and I have a rather tenuous relationship with my chap for 12 years plus.
    We are moving into 2017 with the new challenges of joining up the dots and hopefully moving forward to a single home in a couple of years.

So while I attempt to get things done I will continue to keep my life on track by being accountable for my actions by committing what is going on here.
    I will see if I can remember how to post a link from one thread to another.
    Last edited by Mooloo; 02-01-2017 at 6:54 PM. Reason: Change title
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
Page 18
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 4th Mar 17, 4:22 PM
    • 4,300 Posts
    • 45,277 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    Oh good luck Mooloo, I hope just the right person turns up. Glad to hear about DS's GF's job too, hope all will go well. It might be just what she needs.

I have just pm'd you but don't need a reply after all

I hope your hands get better asap x
    Last edited by ivyleaf; 04-03-2017 at 4:37 PM.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 5th Mar 17, 1:05 PM
    • 8,826 Posts
    • 43,585 Thanks
    Mooloo
    I have had 3 enquiries so far.
    So fingers crossed that I find the right person.
    I have had to bring work home to do as I am much slower while my hands are playing me up.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 6th Mar 17, 9:40 AM
    • 8,826 Posts
    • 43,585 Thanks
    Mooloo
    So I am back from Oxford, Dgd is in school and I am waiting for my blood tests. Then on to work. I am determined to get my health back on track so that I can make the business work better.
    I need to get my accounts double checked as I seem to have different figures on my online package then in my bank account and I can't seem to see where the difference is.
    I am concerned that I am not able to sew as fast as usual and that it is already impacting on my cash flow.
    I am aware that I have a long way to go before I feel safe in the business cash flow and be comfortable with my situation.
    Time to get ready to go.
    I need a little positivity today. I seem to have lost it at the moment.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 6th Mar 17, 5:55 PM
    • 8,826 Posts
    • 43,585 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Cooking dinner but it's not going to be ready for dgd before brownies so she's snacking
    I have had to bring work home to do as after staff left I didn't get any peace to finish anything.
    So I am going to try and work while dgd is at brownies.
    I have a lovely stranger blocking my car in yet again so getting out may be fun if they don't move soon.
    I am cold today despite wearing a knitted dress and cardigan and winter tights! Heating up too!
    Today I did my blood test before work, tomorrow I finish early as I start my dental work. Eek. - and I have some 30 odd jobs in to do before Friday is over!
    So late nights every night of the week as my evening course starts this week too.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 6th Mar 17, 8:54 PM
    • 8,826 Posts
    • 43,585 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Well I think I shall have a glass of wine. I have just finished sewing for the evening. Two items I couldn't finish because I don't seem to have a zip foot at home. But the rest of the Trousers finished anyway, and a sash made for a bridesmaid dress.
    Broadchurch possibly!
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 6th Mar 17, 9:19 PM
    • 45,908 Posts
    • 161,411 Thanks
    beanielou
    Broadchurch is fab.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 7th Mar 17, 7:03 AM
    • 8,826 Posts
    • 43,585 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Sitting up in bed, SAD lamp on. Kettle on, and horoscope read. Apparently I am too wait and let events settle. Mmm.
    I am sum what nervous today as I have the dentist at 3pm. 1 1/2 hours of it, as I start to get the first of my implant treatment and I am scared to the core.
    I have decided that I better walk and not drive the car today incase I am too groggy to drive home. But that does mean carrying a heavy bag of work through the town first thing.
    While watching Broadchurch I started to up cycle a top that I had been given. It had a polo neck on it and I can't wear anything tight on my neck, ever since I was attacked as a teenager. So I unpicked it, turned over the edges and stitched itvand the armholes with a decorative stitch. Then I decided I wanted a reverse appliqu! and added a fabric hear in the chest. Certainly looking very different now!
    I sat playing with the fabric from the neck, and practiced slashing and weaving it. Getting some texture into the fabric. Not sure if I will use it for anything other than the experiment but who knows.
    I think I needed to keep my mind busy and off of the dentist at the time. I stayed up quite late, it was about 11.30 before I went to bed. I was trying to get really tired so I would sleep. Which worked until 6.05 today!
    I tried getting back to sleep but gave up at 6.30
    I am hoping to achieve a better work day today and to get as many of the old jobs finished as possible. I have had some since 27th Feb so slipped past a week turn around. I don't like doing that, but I have had so many urgent things that have jumped the que. so I am going to have to start well today and achieve as much as possible before the dentist. I don't think I will feel like sewing afterwards.
    • Slinky
    • By Slinky 7th Mar 17, 1:02 PM
    • 4,150 Posts
    • 16,721 Thanks
    Slinky
    Good luck at the dentist
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 7th Mar 17, 5:42 PM
    • 8,826 Posts
    • 43,585 Thanks
    Mooloo
    I am back from the dentist and boy I feel like I have had 10 rounds with a boxer. As the numbness is slowly going and the aches are taking its place.
    I think I will be going to bed early tonight.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 7th Mar 17, 6:30 PM
    • 45,908 Posts
    • 161,411 Thanks
    beanielou
    Hope it settles down soon.

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 7th Mar 17, 8:04 PM
    • 8,826 Posts
    • 43,585 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Just got up to my bedroom to get ready for bed and dgd shouts help. She slipped on her stool in the kitchen and grabbed the door. One broken kitchen cupboard then!!
    Did I say anything? Did I threaten to murder her? Nope! I just took the rest of the doors screws out, put it in the gap by the fridge and said don't go in the kitchen again today and came back to bed. I have no energy to get mad. I will just need to get a replacement cupboard as the wood is all splintered, although I may try a little polyfilla first!
    Dgd is now in her room watching tv!
    • grandma247
    • By grandma247 8th Mar 17, 7:26 AM
    • 2,369 Posts
    • 33,035 Thanks
    grandma247
    You need wood glue not Poly filler and the wood may need clamping in place till it sets.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 8th Mar 17, 8:04 AM
    • 8,826 Posts
    • 43,585 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Thanks. I will wonder Down to the DIY shop a little later today.
    I had a reasonable night but was up and down several times. I feel very tired and my face hurts, which is not surprising really. Luckily I can stay home most of today except for the school walk. Although I am trying to see if my neighbour will take dgd for me so I can relax a bit and have a bath etc this morning.
    I have had a few people contact me about the job I am advertising so I will start to arrange interviews.
    I am pleased to see that DS has cleaned up his house, and sent me a video to prove it. His GF has managed to get to work with the help of DD Biggest.
    He has even managed to pay me his rent without my asking. Long may it continue.
    Biggest is going to help my Mum Today, so I don't need to rush around.
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 8th Mar 17, 11:01 AM
    • 4,300 Posts
    • 45,277 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    Great news re DS I hope he is feeling better.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 9th Mar 17, 8:25 AM
    • 8,826 Posts
    • 43,585 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Biggest is popping overto see me at work today. I have chatted on the phone but since I haven't been Babysitting lately I have not seen much of anyone except my Mum.
    I am feeling tired as not sleeping very well well I have to go to work as there is a lot to do.
    Time for the school run.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 9th Mar 17, 7:18 PM
    • 8,826 Posts
    • 43,585 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Well Biggest forgot to visit.
    DS needed to borrow £20 so I have added it to the spreadsheet.
    I worked well today and was pleased with the results. I stayed until 5.30 as I was going so well.
    BF is over tonight and so I did spicy meatballs and pasta.
    DGD was collected from Basketball by one of the other Mum's, and taken to the school disco and she's being brought home by the neighbour, so I was very lucky to not have to run around like a headless chicken for once.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 10th Mar 17, 9:28 PM
    • 8,826 Posts
    • 43,585 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Today was probably the busiest ever, which was a godsend after the last few days. From before I was even open I had people asking prices, quotes for work, collections, new jobs, fittings and the phone worked overtime as I did. Considering Tuesday was my first ever NIL takings day, today we took £361.85 mind you £224 was one lady's work. She collected 11 items and gave me 6 more to do! And paid for it all at the same time.
    I am going to be optimistic that the sluggish start to the year is over and again I will have work to do and money will start to come in again. -as I couldn't pay my self anything for the last three weeks I will be glad that next week I will hopefully be able to pay my supplies and wages and myself.
    I have had help from a friend here on MSE to update my website and I am so lucky that someone could get it sorted when I have been struggling to understand it. Now people can email me from the site! How amazing is that?
    I am teaching tomorrow three lessons one after the other. Going to be a busy day as I have still to set up the room and check the machines.
    I have had a review of my Benefits from the Council in today telling me that I still owe just under £700 but I am paying it off slowly. At their pace, and I just need to keep an eye on their calculations.
    • just trying
    • By just trying 10th Mar 17, 11:34 PM
    • 770 Posts
    • 2,674 Thanks
    just trying
    Go, mooloo....well done Xx.
    SEALED POT CHALLENGE MEMBER 098
    WILL SAVE ATLEAST £500!.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 11th Mar 17, 6:07 PM
    • 45,908 Posts
    • 161,411 Thanks
    beanielou
    Good news on the shop

• Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 12th Mar 17, 11:02 AM
    • 8,826 Posts
    • 43,585 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Well the results of my X-ray were fine, as were the blood tests, so that's a relief but I don't know what Then is causing the pain I am in. I have to call and make an appointment to see the doctor and they said there is about a two week wait. So I will have well and truly run out of pain killers by then.
    My mouth is still very tender and eating is a struggle but I will get there.
    Dgd went to the Space Centre with the brownies yesterday and she seemed to enjoy it.
    I was busy at work and we had another day of people collecting and 5 children's lessons. So we made £229 which is a good one for a Saturday.
    I am hoping that I will be seeing the last of the quiet time now and we will start to pick up the pace.
    We are in Oxford today and possibly we will be going swimming as we have BFs granddaughter for the day.
    I have been handsewing a little mouse for her, while watching the TV but I don't have enough stuffing here to be able to finish it. Or I would probably have finished it last night.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

197Posts Today

1,232Users online

Martin's Twitter