Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 1st Jan 17, 8:31 AM
    • 10,078Posts
    • 56,675Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Frump to Fab 2017 - A Whole New World
    • 1st Jan 17, 8:31 AM
    Frump to Fab 2017 - A Whole New World 1st Jan 17 at 8:31 AM
    Good Morning Lovely Ladies

Welcome to the new Frump to Fab thread. A whole new world of frugal style and fabulousity. A place where we learn from each other how to be the best we can with the resources we have.

Can you be both frugal and fabulous, I think so. You can be both skint and stylish. You can have your cake and eat it, you can "live it large" on a minuscule budget.

So to all you newbies welcome. Join in the fun with the ladies in our fabulous online community. Here we discuss all things fabulous and we learn all about "fabbing".

Yes I know it's a made up word but what does it mean.

Well for us it means taking care of ourselves, our looks yes of course but it's more than "mere vanity".

"FAbbing" also means looking after our health, our well being, our homes, our careers, our hobbies, our interests and past times and not forgetting our finances.

ANd of course, it goes without saying, a verybig warm welcome to our regulars, returners, and lurkers.

So dear newbies Join in the fun with the ladies in our fabulous online community

Before we get started let me take this opportunity to wish you all A Very Happy, Peaceful and Prosperous New Year.

Today you may be busy with New Year's Day gatherings or you may Be feeling a little worse for wear after the New Years Eve Celebrations so for now we are going to be gentle.

No fasting, no detox (unless of course you want to) but I would advocate that we ease ourselves gently into the New Year by remembering our first mantra.

Step 1. Wear perfume. You should smell divine every day. Don't save your favourite fragrances "for best". Never again save anything for best. Don't we deserve to be the best we can be - every single day.

Ah but what about the cost I hear you say. This is a Money saving website after all.......

Well you don't have to douse yourself in your most expensive Dior or Chanel perfumes. A simple spray of cologne will still smell wonderful.

And one of the nicest smells of all is a waft of fresh clean soap. So if you can't afford perfume then at least make sure you are freshly washed or showered and use a lovely soap or shower gel.

So dig out some of those new smellies you got for Christmas and start using them.

Today's tip.

Got a perfume you don't like because it's too strong or heavy?? Dilute it.

Don't throw it away or regift it. Add it to some simple cream or lotion or even some vegetable oil and make a luxurious moisturising body treatment. The height of luxury and decadence for mere pennies.

I am still recovering from my chest infection.......feeling a lot better today but I'm still going to take it easy. So........I am going to spend some time today pondering on what I would like to achieve this year. I am not going to think in terms of New Years Resolutions it will be more a case of goal setting.

As most of you will know Dad died on Friday so much of January will entail making his funeral arrangements and sorting out his estate.
    This means that, realistically, I am going to be busy for the next couple of weeks so I might have to catch up with my new plans.

But.......just because I might not be posting everyday doesn't mean to
    Say that I won't be keeping a watchful eye on you. I shall be reading and observing!!!

So please start the new fabbing year without me and I'll catch up with you all again just as soon as I can.

Have a fabulous New Year's Day. See you all soon.

X
    Last edited by lessonlearned; 01-01-2017 at 2:09 PM.
Page 70
    • chanie
    • By chanie 28th Sep 17, 10:40 AM
    • 1,636 Posts
    • 8,014 Thanks
    chanie
    I hope your Local Authority concludes your matter quickly, Sugar.

Lainey and Maman I've also identified a gap in my wardrobe for loungewear. As 'winter is coming' (GOT reference) I really want to be feel warm and snug. I bought a pair of long sleeve PJs recently, which I can change into when I get in from work, but I want something for the weekends. Ive just eyed up some fleece lined joggers in Uniqlo, which I'm interested in, but I'll wait until they are on offer....
    2017 challenge to save £800
    Savings on purchases £761.68
    My spending diary - Spend Less, Live More
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4327401ht
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 28th Sep 17, 11:33 AM
    • 10,078 Posts
    • 56,675 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Good morning lovely ladies...

SUgarbaby so sorry to hear you are still in a lot of pain. Have you considered asking for a referral to a pain management clinic. But I think you are right to try and “work through it” as much as you can.

I don’t know whether it’s considered old fashioned or not but I do have a strong work ethic. I enjoy work, whether it’s paid or not. I believe humans need a purpose in life, and I believe that a work ethic serves that sense of purpose. It shapes our character and determines our destinies.

I had great role models. My parents were hard working as was my beloved Aunty S, they taught me well. It was their work ethic which helped them not just to survive but thrive through the 30s depression and the privations of the war years. Aunty S was left a destitute widow with three babies under the age of 3 but through sheer hard work and willpower she changed her stars and ended up as quite the “woman of substance”.

My husband worked like a demon. He loved his work. He worked hard but always remembered to play hard. In my turn I have tried to teach my children the value of work. Both my boys have strong work ethics as do their lovely womenfolk. I am proud of what they have become. I have passed the torch and I can rest easy.

My Watch is Ended . (Another GOT reference).

A beautiful day here. I’m off out to lunch with my neighbour. We are going to visit the local marina, lots of nice shops, cafes and restaurants and it’s a perfect day to make the most of it.

Will look at the boats and dream.......
    • sugarbaby125
    • By sugarbaby125 29th Sep 17, 8:29 AM
    • 924 Posts
    • 5,776 Thanks
    sugarbaby125
    Hello Ladies,

I am talking to Wayne again but it is different, as we are trying to be friends as opposed to partners. I did not want to have the drama of resuming our relationship, as I have my own issues to deal with and I do not want the added issue of being in a relationship at this time in my life.

I am going dancing this evening, so I will see Wayne this evening and I am looking forward to dancing with him.

I am not getting more pain, but what is more irritating is that I have days when the painkillers are just not doing the job of reducing my pain to manageable levels. In reality, I should not have returned to work, but I was fed up of being at home and fed up with the reduction in my finances. I expect the pain to improve over the coming months. My expectation is that as my body becomes used to working again, my body will not ache and give me pain.

I am eating a much more healthier diet to help with my heart, my high blood pressure and my weight issues. I have finally lost my first 7 pounds in weight. I have a long journey to get to the kind of weight that will really benefit my health in a way that makes a real difference overall, but I will continue on my current path.

I am off to Reading tomorrow, for a Birthday family dinner for my 2 granddaughter's that are my elder son's daughter's. I am really looking forward to this event. I will get their cards written out and their presents wrapped later today.
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 29th Sep 17, 9:46 AM
    • 10,078 Posts
    • 56,675 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Well done on the weight loss SUgarbaby. great job. And yes losing weight, eating healthily etc should help you control your pain levels.

Has your doctor tested your blood for inflammation markers. Inflammation causes pain and you can use various foods, herbs and spices to bring down inflammation levels. Just google, there’s lots of help out there.

Well fab Friday and it’s a wet one here. Very dark and gloomy too. I am going to brave the bus (it’s free and so much easier than the hassle of parking) and pop into the city centre. Pick up some Euro’s and buy a cheap watch. I broke my good one yesterday and won’t have time to get it fixed before I go away.....if indeed it can be fixed.

I shall treat myself to lunch out and have a nice little mooch round the shops.

Have a fab day.
    • sugarbaby125
    • By sugarbaby125 30th Sep 17, 10:58 AM
    • 924 Posts
    • 5,776 Thanks
    sugarbaby125
    Hello Ladies,

I had a very good evening with Wayne. He stayed by my side all evening and he was really attentive to my needs. I get tired so easily, so even though I can dance, I have to also do a lot of sitting down to pace myself.

We talked about my health issues and why it is so important for me to lose weight. He wants to be there for me, but there is not much he can do for me at this stage.

LL thanks for the information about inflammation. I have googled foods that are good for inflammation. I do need to speak to a Doctor in my surgery, but it will have to wait for 2 weeks until we are on half term. Then, I can make sure that I have the time to go into all of the issues that are still affecting my health and pain management with the Doctor.
    • LaineyT
    • By LaineyT 30th Sep 17, 11:56 AM
    • 1,601 Posts
    • 18,886 Thanks
    LaineyT
    Hello ladies

Good to hear that you enjoyed your evening out Sugarbaby and on the weight loss, sending many positive thoughts your way.
    I received my parcel from Esprit yesterday and was very pleased with my purchases, I especially liked the dusky pink and cream striped jumper that had an attached cream vest underneath, it was very soft and cosy so will be the perfect thing to lounge around the house in, together with my leggings.
    After a cool, dull start it has turned into a beautiful day here in East Anglia with blue skies and sunshine. I have felt like doing a bit of baking this morning so have made a chocolate loaf cake and apple & blackcurrant crumble. The house smells wonderful at the moment!
    After lunch I will go over to the yard and spend the afternoon with my girlie, she is bringing me such joy my spirit is really lifted and feels so much lighter, it's been a very tough year after losing my darling Mum in January but am certainly feeling much more like my old self
    Hope everyone is having a good weekend, much love x
    • maman
    • By maman 30th Sep 17, 11:58 AM
    • 16,871 Posts
    • 100,798 Thanks
    maman
    Glad you enjoyed your night out with Wayne sugarbaby. Maybe you'll have a far better relationship as friends. That's a good idea to make an appointment for half term. Then you'll be able to explain to the doctor how you've managed being back at work for a long stretch.

on the half stone weightloss so far. I know you've done it through healthier eating. As you know I'm a Slimming World convert. You might want to look at the sample 7 day menu plans to give you a framework. It's basically common sense in that you can eat as much healthy food as you like especially fruit and veg but keep things like cakes and pastry and crisps and sweets and fatty foods to an occasional treat.

I'm doing a bit of extra fabbing today. As I'm wearing a sleeveless top and no tights to the dance tonight I've done defuzzing as well as my usual creaming etc. after my shower this morning. I'm going to potter about today, do some batch cooking and listen to my team on the radio before going out tonight.

Tomorrow we've booked to see Victoria and Abdul. I watched the 'true' documentary version last night so it'll be interesting to see how it compares. I'm also interested to see how far they go with the ITV Victoria in coming seasons. They'll probably stop early in the reign, maybe when Albert dies?

Dry but dull here. I've changed the bed and bathroom towels but they could end up in the tumble drier.

Cross posted Lainey. Delighted to hear you're getting so much pleasure from your lovely girl. Enjoy your afternoon then you can come home and put your lovely new top on.
    Last edited by maman; 30-09-2017 at 12:00 PM.
    • chanie
    • By chanie 30th Sep 17, 8:43 PM
    • 1,636 Posts
    • 8,014 Thanks
    chanie
    Hi fabbers,

Madman enjoy your dance and trip to the cinema.

Laine pleased your purchases are suitable. No doubt you’ll be the loungewear queen.

Sugar pleased you and Wayne can be friends. I hope that this is a good balance for you both.

The recent discussion about work was pretty apt for me this week. I ended up going into work on my day off. I didn’t have to go, but I think it’s always good to show commitment. Although I will get the time back, I was looking forward to having the day to myself. As it was, I went into work straight after the school run and the meeting was going strong when I left to pick up the children. My last few Fridays since the children have gone back to school have been busy with lots of errands, so I was looking forward to a leisurely stroll around town. Hopefully, I can do that next Friday.
    2017 challenge to save £800
    Savings on purchases £761.68
    My spending diary - Spend Less, Live More
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4327401ht
    • sugarbaby125
    • By sugarbaby125 1st Oct 17, 11:15 AM
    • 924 Posts
    • 5,776 Thanks
    sugarbaby125
    Hello Ladies,

We all had such a lovely meal, with lots of animated conversation and present opening for my 2 granddaughters birthdays in Cosmo restaurant in Reading. There were 13 family members celebrating and it was such a happy, fun event.

My eldest son, paid for all of the travel cost for me, my grandson, my younger daughter and for my younger son's travel costs and for all of our food and drink, so it was a totally free celebration for us.

My 2 granddaughters felt really special when they opened their presents from me. They loved all of their presents. Luckily I had bought these presents earlier in the year, so my current financial issues did not have any impact on my ability to give presents to my 2 granddaughters.

Ladies, thank you for your good wishes on my weight loss and my friendship with Wayne.

Maman, I know all I need to about healthy eating, as at one point in my life, I was the Project Co-Ordinator for a Healthy eating Project for young women aged 13-30 years old. I just have a body that will not shift the pounds from healthy eating alone, I need to combine it with enough aerobic exercise to make a real difference. At the moment, I do not always have enough energy to do enough exercise daily but as my weight decreases and my energy levels rise, I will be able to do more exercise.
    • maman
    • By maman 1st Oct 17, 12:03 PM
    • 16,871 Posts
    • 100,798 Thanks
    maman
    Maman, I know all I need to about healthy eating, as at one point in my life, I was the Project Co-Ordinator for a Healthy eating Project for young women aged 13-30 years old. I just have a body that will not shift the pounds from healthy eating alone, I need to combine it with enough aerobic exercise to make a real difference. At the moment, I do not always have enough energy to do enough exercise daily but as my weight decreases and my energy levels rise, I will be able to do more exercise.
    Originally posted by sugarbaby125

Wow! You are a lady of many hidden talents sugarbaby. I knew you'd been a nursery nurse but no idea about that one.

Apologies for trying to teach a grandmother..... Your son was very generous to all the family yesterday. What a kind thing to do.

Off to the cinema in an hour or so. It'll be smart casual and definitely flat shoes. We'll catch the bus into the city centre then we can both have a drink with our meal later. I think I'll wear my black jeans with my red long sleeved Reiss top and a short black jacket.

Had a great evening's dancing last night. I felt very smart in my £1 Top Shop top from the CS!

Bon Voyage for tomorrow LL. Do keep in touch. If you have wifi I'd love to drool over your adventures. Where do you sail from?
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 1st Oct 17, 1:41 PM
    • 10,078 Posts
    • 56,675 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Hello ladies...

Just about packed and ready to go. We sail from Tilbury, have to be at Victoria by noon where they lay on a coach transfer.

So it’s from my house to the station by taxi, train to st Pancras and then taxi over to Victoria. Fairly straight forward. Technically I could get the underground across London but It’s so much easier by taxi, a bit extravagant perhaps but it’s worth it. Makes it less stressful....and easier on my back not having to trail the underground with heavy luggage.

I had a good trying on session and was very pleased to discover that several items now fit me that didn’t fit before, so I suddenly have several new outfits that have just been waiting for me to lose weight. Wahoo.

Especially one particular evening dress that has been hanging in my wardrobe, brand new with tags, for over a year now. (It was a Bargain too good to miss £279 reduced to £50.) A floor length champagne coloured heavy lace number, with a fishtail skirt. It will look very glamorous with my £4 charity shop cream fake fur wrap.

No one will ever suspect that I am such a bargain basement kind of gal.

SUgarbaby....what a lovely treat for you all. Glad you had such a good time. Hope you are feeling a bit better.

Enjoy the film Maman. I think you will. Dench is on top form with some great one liners. She’s still a very fine actor and they have given her a great script to work with. Loads of British acting stalwarts in there too. A case of spot the face.

I was really struggling to place the actor who plays Bertie. I didn’t realise who it was until the end credits came up. I won’t spoil it for anyone but suffice it to say he was brilliant. But it’s just one of those big films that the Brits do so well. Ravishing to look at and very witty.

There’s several good films in the pipeline for autumn this year. Quite a few treats coming up.

I am still recording films and stockpiling them for the winter. And I have a list I want DS2 to download for me. Last night I watched “My Cousin Vinny” - an oldie but goodie. I love a good courtroom drama and this one is both clever and very funny. One of my favourites.

Right time for a cuppa and a final tidy up before a nice relaxing bath and then a diy manicure. Did my tootsies last night.

Bye for now. Stay well and keep fabbing.
    Last edited by lessonlearned; 01-10-2017 at 1:44 PM.
    • LaineyT
    • By LaineyT 1st Oct 17, 4:58 PM
    • 1,601 Posts
    • 18,886 Thanks
    LaineyT
    Happy Holidays LL your bargain evening dress sounds stunning
    • 3forholidays
    • By 3forholidays 1st Oct 17, 6:20 PM
    • 1,150 Posts
    • 12,375 Thanks
    3forholidays
    Have a great holiday LL. Enjoy yourself. I'd agree that you are doing the right thing by taking a taxi across London - so much easier especially since you have luggage. Great bargain with the evening dress!
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC 10 - No 043 £510 (as at 30th July)
    • sukeyboo
    • By sukeyboo 1st Oct 17, 10:15 PM
    • 736 Posts
    • 5,752 Thanks
    sukeyboo
    Have a great holiday LL - keep us posted if you can
    • Flo61
    • By Flo61 2nd Oct 17, 8:06 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    Flo61
    My daughter was given a tip for cutting a fringe. Put a strip of sellotape across fringe at desired length. Cut right underneath and tape helps to keep it level. Works quite well we think. I watched a new film on Netflix starring Robert Redford and Jane Fonda called our souls at night. Quite touching. Hard to believe he's now 81. As a schoolgirl he was my first filmstar crush. I loved him in the way we were and the great gatsby. Didn't realise then he was 25 years older than me! Always knew I should have married an older man...
    • maman
    • By maman 2nd Oct 17, 12:01 PM
    • 16,871 Posts
    • 100,798 Thanks
    maman
    That's a great tip flo. I might well give it a whirl. I've blow dried my hair this morning and my fringe is desperately in need of cutting whereas the overall length and shape is fine. My problem is that my hairdresser only works 2 days a week and although other stylists would trim my fringe I'm rarely near the salon during working hours and a special journey (20+ miles) seems extravagant just for a fringe trim!

I think today is probably the official end of summer for me. I've made a chiropody appointment for this afternoon and taken the polish off my toenails. So that means no more sandals and probably soon into tights. My feet aren't in bad condition but somehow I never manage to cream them. I'm really good with body lotion and moisturiser on my face but feet always come last (if ever).

While I'm in the city centre I'll have a look at new glasses again. I've decided I'm definitely going to use Boots optician as they do Raybans and I'm going to a have a like for like replacement. It's the glasses fro driving I need to decide on. A Michael Kors pair is in the running. I need to see if I fancy something else more.

Thoroughly enjoyed Victoria and Abdul yesterday. I know exactly what you mean about Bertie LL. My DH said exactly the same. Anyone else planning on seeing it? I won't give any more details until I know I'm not being a spoiler.

It's bright and dry here. I've put two loads of washing on the line and hopeful it'll dry before rain comes later.

Have a good week all.
    • savingfortomorrow
    • By savingfortomorrow 2nd Oct 17, 6:47 PM
    • 500 Posts
    • 3,458 Thanks
    savingfortomorrow
    i love the chemistry of fonda and redford in barefoot in the park, I hope it is similiar. i have been busy not looking after myself and neglecting me.

i am tired of doing the same things over and over again and expecting, no ignoring the antisipated outcome. So i have to double down and focus on me. Not the endless to do list but me.
    So i have cooked a meal and planned more me time and spoke to a good friend and decluttered some more. I am not perfect but if i dont eat right and care about myself I cant give anymore.
    • indiepanda
    • By indiepanda 2nd Oct 17, 9:33 PM
    • 962 Posts
    • 6,425 Thanks
    indiepanda
    Hello all, sorry for the long silence, been very busy since I got back from my holidays. I have been checking the thread from time to time but trying to post from a mobile phone is beyond me - screen is just too small.

Holidays were fantastic - dry, sunny and low 20s both weeks which is perfect for me - warm enough I can dress in light summer clothes but not so warm I have to worry about getting sunburned through my factor 30 sunscreen or getting too tired to do anything but laze about.

Hiking trip was great fun, lots of friends from old trips to catch up with and a few new people. Found the walking easier and the goal for next year of being able to do the odd long walk overseas seems realistic if I can do as well on the diet and exercise as I've done this year. Brasov was really pretty, I wasn't expecting somewhere so nice. Only fly in the ointment was the slow service in bars - they insist on waiter service but are rather slow to do it, so even staying out for one drink post dinner meant a relatively late night.

Italy was fantastic. Did a really brilliant guided tour of Pompeii - last time I went we self guided using a book and it was infinitely better having a trained archaeologist to bring it all to life for us. The other high point for me was going to Ischia to a beautiful outdoor thermal spa with a lovely beach. I think I will have to go back there for a relaxing long weekend rather than a day trip, just wasn't enough for a day.

Although I might have to reign my horns in on the travel a bit next year. Having just spent a ton on my new bedroom I have discovered damp in the lounge in the bay window, and though it isn't a fortune to treat it, the issue is I need to remove a built in cupboard in order to treat properly and then after it's done, get the cupboard replaced (and it's likely to get a bit damaged in removing) and then repaint the room.

Fortunately Crown still do the colour I used before, so I might get away with repainting the two affected walls and leaving the feature chimney (different colour) and the wall that isn't affected. Still, am bound to be down £1.5 - £2k by the time it's all done.

Not quite moved into new bedroom, builder is coming to install blinds and help me take my bed apart and move it at the weekend. Have moved the rest of my furniture with the help of some friends yesterday and need to shift my clothes out of the wardrobe and shoes, so hopefully by this time next week the move will all be complete. I have bought myself some nice new bedlinen - only from Dunelm, but I like it. I know it's the fashion these days to have white linen and worry about thread counts etc, but I like a print and colour myself.

Had a busy week last week including a couple of Ceroc classes, a night out seeing some local bands and a very big night out for my birthday - started at 7 with drinks and nibbles at mine, then to a 70/80s disco at the Rivoli ballroom in Brockley which is one of my favourite venues, then back to a nearby friends for more drinking and dancing - got home at 5am!!! (Yesterday was a bit of a write off!)

This week also shaping up to be busy, home tonight but out tomorrow for dinner, Weds for Ceroc, Thurs for a team meal, Friday for a 80s club night, Saturday visiting Mum and Dad and Sunday at a Ceroc workshop. Fortunately diary is rather less manic next week, should get a couple of nights at home.

Treated myself to some new boots in Hotter's buy one get one half price offer - some navy biker style and a tan suede pair of ankle boots which are super comfortable - almost like slippers. Also got some new skinny jeans in White Stuff. They really do vanity size - no way am I a size 12 at the bottom. Still, I don't think they are vanity sizing more than they did 2 years ago and I was buying 16s then so am still taking some pleasure out of it! Got some rose gold coloured jewellery in Phase Eight - bit naughty but I don't have many rose gold necklaces (more earrings and bracelets) and they were really nice, one just rose gold with lots of linked large circles and a long pendant with a big turquoisy stone which will go with a lot of stuff in my wardrobe.

Am waiting on a big Kettlewell order from my colour consultant and will then see how much extra I need for winter. Need a warm coat and a bit of knitwear but might be able to get by otherwise on what I already bought until I've shifted a bit more weight. I am intending to knuckle back down on the diet and exercise for the rest of the year. Have put back just under 2kg of the 11kg I have lost, which is a pleasant surprise after all the eating on holidays, but I want to shift it and probably another 10 or so. Aim to do it a bit slower than I did the first 11, allow myself a little more freedom, but not anything like as much as I have the last few months. All the same, it's reassuring to see I've been able to largely sustain the weight loss - I have never lost so much before and usually have regained quite quickly.

Facebook has been doing it's thing of showing memories from previous years and I always have a lot of photos this time of year, from holidays and birthday, and it's very obvious how much better I look, especially compared to when I turned 40 five years ago. One of my friends came over on Sunday and I've not seen her since last summer and she was really impressed by the difference in my face in particular.

Am still a bit anxious about some slack skin under my chin (the treatment I had at the salon made no discernable difference) but bought a new neck cream on special offer in Boots last week - they were doing decent discounts, and for buying 100ml cream plus a scrub I got a 200ml cream free, so that should keep me going for sometime!

Anyyway, with the busy week ahead I'd better get an early night tonight, so time to turn off the computer and start winding down.

Have a fab week all, good night x
    • sugarbaby125
    • By sugarbaby125 4th Oct 17, 10:30 AM
    • 924 Posts
    • 5,776 Thanks
    sugarbaby125
    Hello Ladies,

Indie, what a really positive post from you once again.

I do not think it is going to work being friends with Wayne, as he has started trying to behave as if we are back in a relationship and I am simply not interested in going back there. I have tried phoning him to get this whole issue resolved, but he is playing silly beggars and not answering his phone to me. I am glad I took the step of only letting him have my landline this time round, to make myself as inaccessible as possible. Once we have that talk, I will be making it clear, he can not call me every day or expect me to welcome frequent calls from him. He needs to respect the boundaries I have put in place or the so called friendship between us will end without delay.

My health issues make me aware of not having anyone giving me unnecessary stress when I have enough real issues to be dealing with. It makes me more assertive about what is best for me.

I went to Karaoke last night and had a good time, even though there was so little people there. My friend and I were literally the only singers, so we each had to sing quite a lot of times last night. We were trying to talk men and their unreasonable behaviour and were having a right laugh together when we were not singing.

I was thinking of going to the cinema this morning, but had to give it a miss, because I had so little sleep last night and I was in danger of falling asleep while watching the film. I am just taking it easy instead and watching TV and doing a little housework before I go to work later.
    • maman
    • By maman 4th Oct 17, 11:33 AM
    • 16,871 Posts
    • 100,798 Thanks
    maman
    Good to see you back posting Indie and thanks for telling us all about your great holiday. I'm not sure that hiking would be my thing but Italy is lovely.

Strangely enough I bought size 12 skinny jeans in White Company too. I tried them on in the shop but not worn them yet. I tried them on again this morning and I'd say they are a large size 12 so don't do yourself down! Maybe you've toned up with all the walking. I think I'm about half a stone away from my usual small size 12 in a good brand.

I despair of Wayne that he can't seem to realise that you don't want a relationship sugarbaby. As ever, you're in control but it seems crazy that you have to explain it to him all over again.

My feet are looking good after my chiropody appointment. As expected, I was mildly ticked off for not creaming my feet. I knew I would be. I'm trying to work it into my daily routine and make it a habit. I'm going to use up some handcream that I had as a gift and smells too much of vanilla for me. That will appeal to my mse side. Then, as I like to leave my serum for a couple of minutes before my moisturiser I've decided to try to focus on my feet then. So far I've managed 2 days!

Hair appointment made for next Monday. I'm going to a talk on Turner in the evening so it'll be good not to 'waste' the blow dry.

Bright, mild and sunny here again today. These are the sort of autumn days I like.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

50Posts Today

3,537Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin