Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 1st Jan 17, 8:31 AM
    • 10,161Posts
    • 57,154Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Frump to Fab 2017 - A Whole New World
    • 1st Jan 17, 8:31 AM
    Frump to Fab 2017 - A Whole New World 1st Jan 17 at 8:31 AM
    Good Morning Lovely Ladies

Welcome to the new Frump to Fab thread. A whole new world of frugal style and fabulousity. A place where we learn from each other how to be the best we can with the resources we have.

Can you be both frugal and fabulous, I think so. You can be both skint and stylish. You can have your cake and eat it, you can "live it large" on a minuscule budget.

So to all you newbies welcome. Join in the fun with the ladies in our fabulous online community. Here we discuss all things fabulous and we learn all about "fabbing".

Yes I know it's a made up word but what does it mean.

Well for us it means taking care of ourselves, our looks yes of course but it's more than "mere vanity".

"FAbbing" also means looking after our health, our well being, our homes, our careers, our hobbies, our interests and past times and not forgetting our finances.

ANd of course, it goes without saying, a verybig warm welcome to our regulars, returners, and lurkers.

So dear newbies Join in the fun with the ladies in our fabulous online community

Before we get started let me take this opportunity to wish you all A Very Happy, Peaceful and Prosperous New Year.

Today you may be busy with New Year's Day gatherings or you may Be feeling a little worse for wear after the New Years Eve Celebrations so for now we are going to be gentle.

No fasting, no detox (unless of course you want to) but I would advocate that we ease ourselves gently into the New Year by remembering our first mantra.

Step 1. Wear perfume. You should smell divine every day. Don't save your favourite fragrances "for best". Never again save anything for best. Don't we deserve to be the best we can be - every single day.

Ah but what about the cost I hear you say. This is a Money saving website after all.......

Well you don't have to douse yourself in your most expensive Dior or Chanel perfumes. A simple spray of cologne will still smell wonderful.

And one of the nicest smells of all is a waft of fresh clean soap. So if you can't afford perfume then at least make sure you are freshly washed or showered and use a lovely soap or shower gel.

So dig out some of those new smellies you got for Christmas and start using them.

Today's tip.

Got a perfume you don't like because it's too strong or heavy?? Dilute it.

Don't throw it away or regift it. Add it to some simple cream or lotion or even some vegetable oil and make a luxurious moisturising body treatment. The height of luxury and decadence for mere pennies.

I am still recovering from my chest infection.......feeling a lot better today but I'm still going to take it easy. So........I am going to spend some time today pondering on what I would like to achieve this year. I am not going to think in terms of New Years Resolutions it will be more a case of goal setting.

As most of you will know Dad died on Friday so much of January will entail making his funeral arrangements and sorting out his estate.
    This means that, realistically, I am going to be busy for the next couple of weeks so I might have to catch up with my new plans.

But.......just because I might not be posting everyday doesn't mean to
    Say that I won't be keeping a watchful eye on you. I shall be reading and observing!!!

So please start the new fabbing year without me and I'll catch up with you all again just as soon as I can.

Have a fabulous New Year's Day. See you all soon.

X
    Last edited by lessonlearned; 01-01-2017 at 2:09 PM.
Page 49
    • Ellsbel
    • By Ellsbel 7th Jun 17, 1:33 PM
    • 460 Posts
    • 4,331 Thanks
    Ellsbel
    Hope the leg gets better really quickly Lainey.
    Maman whenever we stay in a villa or apartment, I always wash everything before coming back too - makes the unpacking when you get back less of a chore as everything can be put away rather than sorting it all into washloads!
    I had my hair tidied up and the roots touched up yesterday - just highlights on the T-line - I have to say I don't think she did a great job of blending the highlights with the existing ones, but maybe I'm being too picky.
    I must confess to falling off the healthy eating wagon over the past few days - I've been overtired and sluggish and very stupidly this leads to me reaching for foods that make me feel even more tired and sluggish!! Oh well - draw a line under it and move forwards.
    Off for coffee later and a catch up with a friend - I'll stick to black coffee and no extras!
    Dry but chilly here today.
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 7th Jun 17, 3:06 PM
    • 10,161 Posts
    • 57,154 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Hello lovely Ladies......

Maman I like the freedom of an apartment too and as you say you can still dine out but also take advantage of all the exotic foodstuffs in the markets for snacks and light lunches etc.

Lainey....hope the leg gets better soon. Hope it's not too painful.

I too am having some leg issues.

Wrenched my knee on holiday, thought it was just a pulled muscle. Apparently it's a bit more serious. GP has referred me to an orthopaedic surgeon. Will just have to wait and see. In the meantime just taking it easy. Will get them to check my bone density whilst we are at it.

Managed to hobble round Sainsbury's this morning. Sore but at least I can weight bear.

At least it has focussed my mind on houses ......I will most likely need to concentrate on bungalows...... once you start messing about with knee ops

Two viewings booked for later in the week.
    • chanie
    • By chanie 7th Jun 17, 8:05 PM
    • 1,686 Posts
    • 8,360 Thanks
    chanie
    Hi fabbers,

mamanonce tried to wash the children's clothes whilst on holiday. The hotel had a self service laundrette, but no washing line, so you could only use the drivers. It worked out hugely expensive, but if your accommodation has its own washer,it should be easy for you.

lainey and LL hope your respective legs get better.

I bought my first ever ebay bikini which arrived yesterday. As I have a big chest, swimwear can be difficult to find, so I've always bought Bravissimo ones which are relatively expensive. I thought I'd take a punt with getting one from eBay which was about a quarter of the price. Admittedly, it doesn't feel as supportive, but I can live with that.
    2017 challenge to save £800
    Savings on purchases £807.18
    My spending diary - Spend Less, Live More
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4327401ht
    • indiepanda
    • By indiepanda 8th Jun 17, 7:39 AM
    • 965 Posts
    • 6,439 Thanks
    indiepanda
    Hello fabbers!

Just a quick post as I need to get myself to the polling station. It's slightly academic voting as my seat is safe as houses, but I feel obliged to vote given it's not even 100 years since women were given the vote.

I've had a great trip but am very glad to be home. Slept in 6 different beds and driven over 1,000 miles over the last couple of weeks. Caught up with friends old and new, seen some new places, was going to say revisited old, but there wasn't that much of that, aside of Leamington Spa where I caught up with the ex.

Was nice to see him - reminded me both that he's a decent guy and why I am glad I finished it. Interestingly a lot of my friends have described his behaviour as that of a high functioning autistic and it came out in conversation that his mother thinks he is too. Apparently a recent girlfriend who is training to be a doctor disagreed on the grounds he has too many friends, but as we'd discussed, he and I disagreed with that view - he doesn't have that many friends - just lots of acquaintances through his sports. Plus I know even with the few close friends he has, he doesn't show much curiosity about their lives. Having been out with A who asks a lot of questions about me, it was really noticeable with him how much I had to drive the conversation and how he was so much more animated talking about a documentary he had seen on TV (for example) than people he knew. Looking forward to seeing A on Saturday night - been so frustrating have to go away in the middle of getting to know him.

I need to do some fabbing, nails and hair in need of attention. Am off to the hairdressers Saturday so that will solve that, need to sort out an appointment for the nails - my feet need a good enough file I am inclined to let someone else do it.

Haven't been that good on the diet while I have been away (not that bad either) but haven't noticed clothes suddenly getting tighter so if I have gained it won't be too much. Will get on the scales and get the measuring tape out on Monday and knuckle back down to it. Been getting the urge to start running and been missing my dancing like crazy and am craving healthy food.

Did a bit of shopping in Dartmouth while I was away - my wardrobe was somewhat lacking on the casual tops for leisure front - had got some suitable for evenings and some suitable for work, but not more dressed down ones. Anyway, I was in heaven in Dartmouth, they had Mistral, Seasalt and a boutique selling White Stuff. Got a jersey shirt, a tunic, 2 short sleeve print t shirts and a long sleeve Breton in Mistral and 2 Bretons (one three quarter sleeve and one long) and a reversible cowl neck sweatshirt in Seasalt as well as some lovely socks (bamboo I think) and a couple of headband type things to keep my hair off my face while hiking, though they can also be worn as scarves. Then I got a White Stuff top and cardigan. The Mistral and Seasalt stuff was size 12 and the White Stuff a very generous size 10! I am tempted to order some more Seasalt Bretons (they have lots of different colours, including some perfect for us autumns), the organic cotton is so super soft. Need to finish sorting out my wardrobe though - still got stuff in there that is just too large and when I empty it I will see what I really need. Cardigans is the main thing - I need a teal one and a coral one and then I think I should be done.

At the wedding I hadn't seen the groom for a good couple of years or one of the other guests I knew and both said they almost didn't recognise me and that I was looking very well (code for "you've lost weight" I think!). A photo popped up on my Facebook "on this day" from 5 years ago yesterday and the difference was quite noticeable - if I needed any motivation to get back on it then that was it.

Right, must stop here or I will be late for work.

PS Bit late, but well done on your Race for Life Sugarbaby
    PPS Hope your knees get sorted out quickly Lainey and LL
    • Ellsbel
    • By Ellsbel 8th Jun 17, 8:42 AM
    • 460 Posts
    • 4,331 Thanks
    Ellsbel
    Glad you had a good - if exhausting! - trip, Indie - hope the new relationship continues to progress well.
    LL sorry about your knee, take care, and good luck with the house hunting.
    Chanie, well done on finding your bargain bikini
    • maman
    • By maman 8th Jun 17, 2:31 PM
    • 17,005 Posts
    • 101,680 Thanks
    maman
    Good to see you back indie. Sounds like you had a really good time.

I couldn't agree more about using your vote. Like you, we live in a safe seat (particularly frustrating as it was engineered by a boundary change since we moved here). I was torn right up to the last minute but went tactical in the end. Hopefully there'll be a campaign for PR after the election. I think everyone should have the chance to make their vote count.

Sounds like you bought lots of lovely things in Dartmouth. It must be a massive confidence boost when people notice you're 'looking well'. I like Seasalt and White Stuff. Bretons are a great standby for typically British summer days.

I'd go for a pedicure if I were you. I always feel I'm walking on air afterwards. Maybe because of all your walking a chiropody appointment would be better?

I've decided the casual 'floral' trousers are going back. They're not really what I want and, to me, they're just erring on the side of frumpy. What I really want are something like these:

These are New Look but not sure about the pattern. I think maybe I'll look around when I'm away and if not the summer sales will probably be on when I get back in July!

I've been out for my health walk this morning. Weather was drizzly so my hair looks a fright but I enjoyed it. We always end up with a coffee in a delightful place and the company is different from people I normally mix with. Dancing last night was the last (for me) for this term. I'm really pleased I joined this new group at Easter. It's far more energetic and I enjoy it so much.

Our apartment has its own washing machine and a drying rack on its own balcony so we won't be paying for drying chanie. That sounds like an expensive laundrette trip. I've stayed in villas all over Europe but always just washed basics like underwear and the odd top but washing to come home is a new one on me. Definitely no ironing will be happening though!

Hope your knees/legs improve very soon Lainey and LL.

I'm not letting the miserable weather get me down. I've plenty of sun to look forward to!
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 8th Jun 17, 4:15 PM
    • 10,161 Posts
    • 57,154 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Well I've got an appt with the orthopaedic surgeon next Wednesday so hopefully we can get it sorted quickly. In the meantime I'm just pacing myself. Lol. No pun intended. It actually feels a bit easier today but that is because I have it strapped up and am being careful not to overdo it.

I am another one who strongly believes it is our duty to vote. People have died for us to have that freedom. We owe them. There are still women across the globe who have no voice.

And of course if the terrorists had their way we would be denied our voice. So I think it's a case of "use it or lose it"

Having said that I do feel that there is currently no one out there who is worthy of my vote they are such a motley shower, none of them really inspire me with confidence. So I guess I will just vote with my conscience and vote for who I think might do the least damage to our wonderful country.

Have got three viewings lined up over the next few days. I am pretty much decided that I will go for a bungalow ........future proofing for my old age.

Right better get cracking. Get the dinner prepped and finish tidying the last kitchen cupboard.

Indie.....your holiday sounds fab. I love Dartmouth.

Keeeep fabbing.
    Last edited by lessonlearned; 08-06-2017 at 4:17 PM.
    • LaineyT
    • By LaineyT 8th Jun 17, 5:43 PM
    • 1,684 Posts
    • 19,951 Thanks
    LaineyT
    Another fan here of Seasalt's Breton tops, lovely and soft cotton that just get better the more you wash them, they usually have a deal on for multiple buy. Pleased to read that you enjoyed your holiday so much Indie, it's nice when people notice isn't it
    Vote cast, believe it's 104 years to the day that Emily Davison gave her life for the cause, we should never forget or take for granted what those women fought for.
    Good to read that you have an appointment for your leg LL my bruise is a cracker but the Arnica is doing its job and the pain has mostly subsided.
    • Ellsbel
    • By Ellsbel 12th Jun 17, 9:33 AM
    • 460 Posts
    • 4,331 Thanks
    Ellsbel
    Hello everyone. Hope you're all well.
    To anyone going away on holiday this week, and those who are already away - have a lovely time
    I've done lots of walking over the weekend, including a visit to a local nature trail which I'd never been to before but which was really nice.
    I'm glad I bought the Fitbit; I was considering it for ages, and thought it might be a waste of money but it's really motivating me to get my steps tally up each day, and to keep track of calories, etc.
    I've had a lie in this morning as I haven't been sleeping too well lately. It seems I've not been grocery shopping too well either, as I've nothing in for dinner today!! The upside of that though, is more steps, as I'm going to walk to the local shops
    I'm in a planning mood today, so lots of house fabbing and rearranging will be done and a plan of action drafted for redecorating.
    Also some plans and schemes for myself going forward - more trips, changing my look for work and casual wear as the weight comes off - I may even copy the dancers on here and find a local class; it sounds like so much fun (Maman, do you mind me asking if OH goes along with you? Not sure whether to look at "partner" dancing, or look for something where you do the routines individually).
    Have a good day everyone.
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 12th Jun 17, 9:51 AM
    • 10,161 Posts
    • 57,154 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Good morning lovely ladies

Hope you are all well and keeping up the fabbing.

I have been busy. I have now finished the kitchen declutter, cleared all the paraphernalia off the worktop. Having clear worktops makes the kitchen seem huge.Just waiting for an electrician to fit a new fan and then we will decorate, same colours again but just to freshen it up.

Have seen a nice bungalow I like. It have a few more viewings this week. After months of a "bungalow drought" there suddenly seems an influx of them......

An update on "Sistergate"

Sorry, but with your kind indulgence, it's time for me to have a little rant and get things off my chest.

As you know I have been keeping my distance, not seen her since our lunch date. Relations have been cordial enough, restricted to a few polite neutral texts, studiously avoiding anything contentious.

Well this week the solicitor wrapped up dads estate and issued funds from what was left in the bank accounts etc. As expected, and as per our parents wishes, a straight 50-50 split. No problems there.

Cue a text yesterday from my sister to make her offer to correct the imbalance which occurred as a result of dad paying for the extension to her house shortly before he died.

He paid out £50k. Her offer to me.......wait for it........a derisory and insulting £2k. I politely declined her offer.

So.......she had her chance to redeem herself and do the decent honourable thing and blew it.

We're done.

As you can imagine I am hurt beyond belief. I am also angry that my mothers wishes have been thwarted.

I know my sister was my fathers favourite but I cant believe that he did this on purpose. I think he was hoodwinked. He had the beginnings of dementia and without being rude, he was also a naive and uneducated man, completely lacking in any kind of financial nous. It was my mother who looked after the finances.

After mums death I did manage to watch over his financial affairs, fighting his corner to ensure he got all his benefits and everything he was entitled to. That is, until he moved in with my sister, when she took over.

I have seen his bank accounts since then and although I am loath to make any accusations, let's just say there are a few unexplained anomalies.

(The solicitor did actually query a £5k withdrawal which my BiL said was a loan from my father but that he "had forgotten about it due to the stress of my fathers death". ???!!!).

So there you have it, I have been right royally screwed over by my own sister .......but more to the point my mothers express wishes have been overturned. She would be turning in her grave if she had one.

I won't bore you all with decades of family history and how my mother had to fight to ensure I was treated equally and that my dads favouritism towards my sister was kept in check, at least financially.

Frankly it doesn't bother me that she "got more". I am financially stable, she's up to her eyes in debt. She and her husband will blow the lot in no time.

It's the way it has been done that incenses me.

They say don't they, that all in good time Karma will repay and that we reap as we sow.

Well Karma certainly got my dad......my sister refused to let me transfer him to a hospice for his final weeks and he died a horrible death in hospital. I wanted him to have a peaceful and dignified death, the kind I managed to secure for my mum and my husband, instead his care was not managed well and he endured an unpleasant and undignified end.

I could not save him from that and to crown it all it looks like not only did she sweetalk him to paying for the extension so he could live with her so she "could look after him" but, judging by the anomalies in his bank statements, all along they were quietly bleeding him dry.

I have no real proof but as my accountant once said.......every spread sheet tells a story and you can learn a great deal from looking at a bank statement.

So........sadly, Karma paid him back for his favouritism to her and indifference to me. What a sorry end.

As for my sister.......well whilst I wish her no harm I think she too will reap as she has sown......her husband will see to that.

As for me that's it, I'm walking away. She's welcome to the money but she has lost me for good. And judging from my sons horrified reactions she has also lost their once good opinion. They were once very fond of her but she has lost them too now. They won't forget. Family rifts are so sad.

Anyway, ladies thanks for "listening". Hope I haven't bored you all to death but sharing with you has helped.

A kind of "talking therapy" .....
    • Ellsbel
    • By Ellsbel 12th Jun 17, 10:18 AM
    • 460 Posts
    • 4,331 Thanks
    Ellsbel
    Rant away any time LL.
    I always try to be careful not to overstep the mark, so please forgive me if I do; I mean no offence, but to me, as an outsider, from when you first told us what was going on with the will, I've had the same suspicions as you've voiced about the motives of your sis and bil for having your Dad live with them, especially as you felt at the time that it may not have been the best solution for your Dad or your Sister.
    Again, it's easy for an outsider to say, but it's clear that, even if she doesn't think so now, your sister needs you more than you need her; you've given her every chance to behave honourably and she's chosen not to take it.
    I hope you're able to draw a line under it all, and move on with your own life and plans, and leave them to theirs, secure in the knowledge that you can lay your head on your pillow each night and feel no guilt.
    Good luck with the bungalow Take care x
    • LaineyT
    • By LaineyT 12th Jun 17, 10:43 AM
    • 1,684 Posts
    • 19,951 Thanks
    LaineyT
    Oh LL my heart goes out to you, what an awful way for your sister to behave, even under the influence of her husband. I wonder if she realises that in taking more of her fair share she is not only doing you short but ultimately also your sons, her nephews? Like you I am a great believer in karma, the rule of the universe, and this will come back to her threefold, only this time no big sis to help her through. You are behaving in a dignified manner and are right now to concentrate on living your own life, surrounded by those who do love and respect you x
    You sound in a very positive mood Ellsbel with your ideas and plans for your home & you, great to hear.

I am tentatively looking at getting another horse, there is a little cracker that I have had my eye on for a while but he is smaller than my lad was & being young could not be expected to carry more than 11 stone inc tack so I have even more incentive to lose further weight. The lady he is with at the moment knows I'm interested and says his education will continue for a few months yet so that is my goal, to get to 10.7 stone would be good, any lower a real bonus.

We are out for a meal tomorrow with friends so will need to watch my food choices, may even wear a dress depending on the weather have another Pilates class in the morning and have been doing basic stretches etc every day so will be interesting to see how I go.
    Take care all xx
    • sugarbaby125
    • By sugarbaby125 12th Jun 17, 4:51 PM
    • 966 Posts
    • 6,064 Thanks
    sugarbaby125
    Well LL, always feel free to vent any feelings you have on this thread, as they need to be expressed in a 'safe' space, where you will not be judged.

You have done all you could do to try to remind your sister of how close you used to be and was willing at first to try to make sure after your Father's death that neither of you lost that close relationship with each other. Then unfortunately for all concerned your sister began to show just how greedy her and her husband could be and how negative they were being towards you and your sons over your Father's Estate.

It is so sad that it has come to this, but you have had to accept that the money means more to your sister and your brother in law.

They are so much poorer than you in every way, the money will not last them long, if past behaviour is any indication. It is despicable that they were helping themselves to substantial amounts of your Father's money when he was alive as well. Your life is already richer for not having the grasping pair in the centre of your life.

Hello Ladies,

I am having continuing health issues, so I am still not working. The lack of money is of no consideration. I want all the results of the various tests to prove that there is no major issues for me to contend with in the future.

I made a request to my Supervisor to be moved to a smaller floor but was robustly rebuffed. I am being treated by my supervisor and senior management as if I am the most work shy malingerer, but as I am not going to get any support to return to work, I am going to wait until I am 100% medically fit before I return to work.

I had an ECG and a full blood work test today at my local Hospital. I have still not had any feedback from the Doctor for the blood pressure monitoring I did at home last Wednesday.

I am suffering from fatigue, so everything I do is a real effort and being in pain is no fun. The silver lining is that I am resting a lot, watching lots of television programmes and reading lots of books, magazines and other written material
    • maman
    • By maman 12th Jun 17, 4:56 PM
    • 17,005 Posts
    • 101,680 Thanks
    maman
    That's the best reason I've heard for losing weight Lainey. Getting a new horse is a great incentive. Go for it!!

So glad you chose to rant on here LL. Your sister has behaved despicably but I don't need to tell you that. That paltry offer was worse than no offer at all in my book. Making one showed that she knew they were in the wrong but no effort to make it a fair or reasoned figure. It'll be her loss being estranged from her family. Good luck with the bungalow search.

No, my DH doesn't come with me ellsbel. He's not a dancer, other than a bit of dad dancing at weddings and the like. I don't know what type of dancing you fancy but I'm sure the classes indie goes to you don't need to take a partner. You'll soon get to know people and have the confidence to ask people or the leaders have a plan to involve everyone. Good luck with it.

ETA: Hope you get some conclusive results from the doctors soon sugarbaby. It's typical of you to see the positives. Enjoy your enforced rest.

We're off on holiday from tomorrow until July 4th. I'm all sorted except for packing but I know what I'm taking and putting it in the case won't take long. I think the weather's set to improve here too but I know I'll be basking in sunshine.
    Last edited by maman; 12-06-2017 at 4:58 PM.
    • LaineyT
    • By LaineyT 12th Jun 17, 5:43 PM
    • 1,684 Posts
    • 19,951 Thanks
    LaineyT
    Sorry to hear that you have been feeling so rough Sugarbaby fingers crossed that you get some results soon and that positive steps are taken to bring you back to health, hugs x

Have a great holiday Maman, was it you who said a while ago that you read the Midlife Chic blog? If so she has just done a very interesting post on a good capsule holiday wardrobe, sorry if I am mistaken x
    • Rubyslippers77
    • By Rubyslippers77 14th Jun 17, 11:08 PM
    • 296 Posts
    • 1,678 Thanks
    Rubyslippers77
    Sugarbaby, I hope you get some results soon from the doctors and that you feel better very soon too how frustrating to offer to make reasonable adjustments to stay at work, only to have your suggestions turned down - you fully deserve a good rest in any case.

Sorry to hear that you have both had health problems too Lainey and LL, hopefully some improvements soon for you both as well! LL, how terrible about your sister; how very sad that she would put financial gain above her personal relationships and family. As you say you did have suspicions in this way before but to have it confirmed..... well, the money won't last her long and by that time she will be regretting her decision.

My OH does go dancing Ellsbel, but that's how I met him so fair enough he only does ceroc though, nothing like country/ Scottish dancing which are very good fun indeed. I don't think a partner is required for many types of dance (other than ballroom where you often learn in pairs), try a few classes and see what you like.

Are you back dancing and on your healthy eating roll Indie? Sounds like you had a fab holiday!

Have a great holiday maman

We were away for a week and a bit in the Yorkshire Dales, visited my family at the same time - not much sun for us though, it poured down for a lot of the time! Actually got on a lot better with OH but it's been downhill a bit since we got home, he's snappy and short tempered when back at work, and I get grumpy doing all the childcare, cooking, cleaning etc. (The boys were HORRID today - howled, whined, snapped, whinged - I could cheerfully have given them to an orphanage!). I rang TAMBA a couple of weeks ago as I was really feeling down, DS1 in particular is very hard work, and I was so fed up with him it feels ungrateful even to think that I'd rather not have him, but all my friends with single babies seem to be enjoying their time with them and taking them to places on their own, and with twins I just can't. It did help talking to them, even just to get a bit of sympathy, especially as it was at the same time as OH calling me lazy for not getting all the housework done every night. (Note: he has never, ever spent more than an hour with them on his own!).

On a happier note, I thought I'd recommend a few things that I like at the moment! Firstly is my new sun stuff, I was a Soltan Invisible buyer for years but now think this stuff is ace:

http://www.boots.com/garnier-ambre-solaire-protective-oil-spf30-150ml-10124903

It smells nice, makes my skin look gleamy (is that a word?!) and is cheap as chips too!

I forgot to tell you all about this when we were talking about hair removal, it's great for chin hair. Well, it's good for any hair but I'm not dexterous enough to use it anywhere else:

https://www.victoriahealth.com/product/Tweezy-Facial-Hair-Removal/10962

And this is a good read!

https://www.penguin.co.uk/articles/find-your-next-read/extracts/2015/may/07/in-your-prime-india-knight/

Have a good week everyone xx
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 15th Jun 17, 6:06 AM
    • 10,161 Posts
    • 57,154 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Hello lovely ladies

Sorry been
    AWOL

No
    Internet. Trying
    To
    Type
    On
    My phone. Hopeless

Just
    Eant d
    To wish sugarbaby well.

Hope
    You feel
    A
    Little
    Better start soon

Will be back
    Later x
    • sugarbaby125
    • By sugarbaby125 15th Jun 17, 8:18 AM
    • 966 Posts
    • 6,064 Thanks
    sugarbaby125
    Hello Ladies,

I have now been signed off work until 25th June 2017. I am continuing to take it easy. I am taking fish oils and have doubled my daily multi vitamins. The test results may take another 2 weeks to arrive at my GP's surgery. I am not entitled to get paid or receive SSP so I will lose out financially, but no amount of money can make up for good health. My aim is just to get back to feeling fighting fit. I have gained so much weight, as I am not getting any form of exercise, as I am still having chest pains and breathlessness if I try to do any form of exercise. I will eventually get back to good health.

I went to see 'My Cousin Rachel' yesterday at the Mayfair Curzon cinema and had a thoroughly enjoyable evening. There was a Q & A session with the Director Roger Michell, which was fascinating and informative. The film was captivating and the leads Rachel Weisz and Sam Caflin were both superb in their roles. I do not usually find film adaptations as good as the book they are based on, but I absolutely loved this film. The cinema is very luxurious. The seats are like armchairs and were so relaxing, comfortable and roomy. I had a free ticket, so I only had to pay my fare to get there and back home.
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 15th Jun 17, 12:53 PM
    • 10,161 Posts
    • 57,154 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Glad you are getting somewhere at last sugarbaby. Take it easy and look after yourself.

Well after a terrible week fretting and worrying, unable to sleep or think straight I have burnt my bridges with my sister. She sent me a text which was Insensitive to say the least. I have "divorced" her...... I hAve told her that's it, we are done.

It was so Painful. I felt like I was going to have a heart attack. I'm still shaken. It I had to do it for the sake of my sanity health and well being.

I cannot tell you how much it has hurt but I have come to realise she has No respect or real regard for me so I guess it's time to just walk away.

Even my husbands death didn't hurt as much as this.

Hey ho. I'll get through it. onwards and upwards.

Hi ruby glad you had a nice holiday. Don't worry we
    All feel like throttling our babies sometimes. It's perfectly normal.
    • chanie
    • By chanie 15th Jun 17, 4:12 PM
    • 1,686 Posts
    • 8,360 Thanks
    chanie
    sugar I hope you feel better soon.

LL I think you have done the right thing, difficult as it seems.

All is well with me. Tomorrow is my non-working day and I'm looking forward to having a nice day to myself.
    2017 challenge to save £800
    Savings on purchases £807.18
    My spending diary - Spend Less, Live More
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4327401ht
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,018Posts Today

7,369Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks

• Interesting, most people say they would champion a policy from a party they usually oppose. Yet is anyone brave eno? https://t.co/MWYGHunAqu

• RT @MSE_Deals: The MSE deals team are in the office nice and early to bring you full analysis of all the #BlackFriday deals throughout the?

• Follow Martin