Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 1st Jan 17, 8:31 AM
    • 9,483Posts
    • 53,339Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Frump to Fab 2017 - A Whole New World
    • 1st Jan 17, 8:31 AM
    Frump to Fab 2017 - A Whole New World 1st Jan 17 at 8:31 AM
    Good Morning Lovely Ladies

Welcome to the new Frump to Fab thread. A whole new world of frugal style and fabulousity. A place where we learn from each other how to be the best we can with the resources we have.

Can you be both frugal and fabulous, I think so. You can be both skint and stylish. You can have your cake and eat it, you can "live it large" on a minuscule budget.

So to all you newbies welcome. Join in the fun with the ladies in our fabulous online community. Here we discuss all things fabulous and we learn all about "fabbing".

Yes I know it's a made up word but what does it mean.

Well for us it means taking care of ourselves, our looks yes of course but it's more than "mere vanity".

"FAbbing" also means looking after our health, our well being, our homes, our careers, our hobbies, our interests and past times and not forgetting our finances.

ANd of course, it goes without saying, a verybig warm welcome to our regulars, returners, and lurkers.

So dear newbies Join in the fun with the ladies in our fabulous online community

Before we get started let me take this opportunity to wish you all A Very Happy, Peaceful and Prosperous New Year.

Today you may be busy with New Year's Day gatherings or you may Be feeling a little worse for wear after the New Years Eve Celebrations so for now we are going to be gentle.

No fasting, no detox (unless of course you want to) but I would advocate that we ease ourselves gently into the New Year by remembering our first mantra.

Step 1. Wear perfume. You should smell divine every day. Don't save your favourite fragrances "for best". Never again save anything for best. Don't we deserve to be the best we can be - every single day.

Ah but what about the cost I hear you say. This is a Money saving website after all.......

Well you don't have to douse yourself in your most expensive Dior or Chanel perfumes. A simple spray of cologne will still smell wonderful.

And one of the nicest smells of all is a waft of fresh clean soap. So if you can't afford perfume then at least make sure you are freshly washed or showered and use a lovely soap or shower gel.

So dig out some of those new smellies you got for Christmas and start using them.

Today's tip.

Got a perfume you don't like because it's too strong or heavy?? Dilute it.

Don't throw it away or regift it. Add it to some simple cream or lotion or even some vegetable oil and make a luxurious moisturising body treatment. The height of luxury and decadence for mere pennies.

I am still recovering from my chest infection.......feeling a lot better today but I'm still going to take it easy. So........I am going to spend some time today pondering on what I would like to achieve this year. I am not going to think in terms of New Years Resolutions it will be more a case of goal setting.

As most of you will know Dad died on Friday so much of January will entail making his funeral arrangements and sorting out his estate.
    This means that, realistically, I am going to be busy for the next couple of weeks so I might have to catch up with my new plans.

But.......just because I might not be posting everyday doesn't mean to
    Say that I won't be keeping a watchful eye on you. I shall be reading and observing!!!

So please start the new fabbing year without me and I'll catch up with you all again just as soon as I can.

Have a fabulous New Year's Day. See you all soon.

X
    Last edited by lessonlearned; 01-01-2017 at 2:09 PM.
Page 44
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 11th May 17, 12:02 PM
    • 404 Posts
    • 3,920 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    I'm happy that you know exactly where you are and what you want and I greatly admire you for it. It would be nice if things we a bit simpler because you obviously like one another a lot but I guess life is complicated and we just have to deal with it. I really hope things work out for you.
    Budget 105.75/200.00 Spends 0.00/40.00 AFD 15/31
    Walks 12/31 Weightloss 0/41 May Womble 81.60 2017 Wombling total 685.28
    • maman
    • By maman 11th May 17, 12:33 PM
    • 15,985 Posts
    • 95,407 Thanks
    maman
    The fact that you can laugh at yourself shows that you don't need to change your personality.
    Originally posted by chanie

Completely agree with that ellsbel. It sounds like the people you encountered were a bit bitter about something and taking it out on you. How rude!

I use the purple shampoo and conditioner too and in between I have John Frieda blonde lightening shampoo and conditioner. So all designed to preserve my highlights. If you look at this youtube clip
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSK9UqB4Ug0
    it shows you how to use the Rimmel brow kit. Don't be put off by the young girl, she does a good job. She uses a highlighter pen under her eyebrows. At the moment I'm using up a liquid (Benefit High Beam). I just put a few dots under my brows and blend it in to the brow bone. I sometimes use it on my cheekbones too. There are loads of video clips on youtube to show you how. When the liquid is used I'm thinking of getting a pen.

I like the sound of last night's outfit. I hope you had a good time. My Raybans have been out in force this week too.

I can't say I'm surprised at Wayne's behaviour sugar. While he's generous with his money and works hard for it there is an element of expecting men and women to behave in a 1950s sort of way. I admire you for sticking to your principles. I know I'm fortunate that my DH and I are on the same wavelength (probably why he's my DH) but I wouldn't sacrifice my principles just to be a couple.

You're being equally choosy too indie. Enjoy your dates and what will be will be.

Good news that weight has only stalled. I'm sure you'll get back to a steady loss by taking your meal planning back in hand. I really believe that's the answer TF. I don't find it tedious. It saves me time to just do a quick plan, shop quickly to my list and then I don't have to think about it for another week. My plan is flexible as I make sure I have some HM ready meals in the freezer for busy days.

I'm meant to be seeing friends for a quick pub meal this evening. It's bright here and relatively warm. I might just wear dark denim jeans and my Jack Wills sweatshirt with the lacy sleeves. As I'm driving I can always stick a jacket in the car in case it gets cold later. I seem to be full of aches and pains this week. mainly a tension headache at the base of my neck but I've nothing really to be tense about! Probably best to put some slap on (artfully of course), go out and take my mind off things.

Hope the sun is shining on you all.
    • LaineyT
    • By LaineyT 11th May 17, 2:30 PM
    • 1,280 Posts
    • 14,766 Thanks
    LaineyT
    It's a tricky one for sure Sugar whilst it's obvious that you have a real connection and enjoy each other's company it does sound like Wayne is unwilling to compromise? You do strike me as a very independent lady, unwilling and rightly so to settle for second best.

How rude Ellsbel very much their problem and not yours imho.

Indie interesting what you said about the effects of quick weight loss on your face, this time last year I did the BSD and lost 26lbs in just 8 weeks. The weight loss was fab but despite drinking a lot of water my skin became very dry and felt 'saggy'. I have since put some of the weight back, about half a stone, but this time I am very much aware that the loss should be permanent and a lifestyle change rather than a quick fix.

It's a warm, sunny afternoon here in EA, am meeting an ex work colleague for a cuppa and a chat soon at a cafe in a local farm shop, not sure if we will sit outside so will take a jacket just in case, I am wearing a red/white Breton 3/4 sleeve top with boyfriend jeans and red superga trainers, casual but hopefully chic.
    • Ellsbel
    • By Ellsbel 11th May 17, 6:54 PM
    • 440 Posts
    • 4,084 Thanks
    Ellsbel
    Thanks for the kind words ladies, and for posting that link, Maman
    Later this evening I'll have a look at that - I do have a brow kit but haven't been brave enough to use it yet. Hope you feel better soon.
    Indie which salon firming treatment do you have? I bought one of those face firming gadgets a few months back but have yet to create a daily routine of using it - I've been so busy lately, so not a very mse purchase so far!
    Had a really nice evening last night; we saw Carousel and although I wasn't blown away by the production, there were some great vocal performances, and it was nice to spend a bit of quality time together.
    OH had today off so we took the dog for a lovely walk through some nearby National Trust woods/gardens; stunning views and a glorious day
    We had lunch in the garden when we got back, which made a nice change.
    Going to have a relaxed evening tonight - just going to do dinner and a little ironing first. Have a good evening everyone
    Last edited by Ellsbel; 11-05-2017 at 6:57 PM.
    • indiepanda
    • By indiepanda 12th May 17, 7:43 AM
    • 891 Posts
    • 5,985 Thanks
    indiepanda
    Indie interesting what you said about the effects of quick weight loss on your face, this time last year I did the BSD and lost 26lbs in just 8 weeks. The weight loss was fab but despite drinking a lot of water my skin became very dry and felt 'saggy'. I have since put some of the weight back, about half a stone, but this time I am very much aware that the loss should be permanent and a lifestyle change rather than a quick fix.
    Originally posted by LaineyT
    Oh don't get me wrong, what I have done is a lifestyle change, just quite a dramatic one at first so it's had a speedy effect - wasn't as rapid as your 26lbs though - taken me over three months to lose that much. Friends, co workers, my hairdresser and beautician are all commenting on how well I look, skin is generally looking healthier (I have been asked if I have been on holiday) and it wasn't bad before. It's just I have a small patch (I'd say about an inch square) under my chin where the skin looks a bit loose - like it's got tiny little folds across it - I suspect I am the only one that even notices it, but I want to nip it in the bud before it gets any worse. It's always been my big fear - losing weight in middle age leading to looking like a deflated balloon where skin hasn't gone back with the flesh.

Indie which salon firming treatment do you have? I bought one of those face firming gadgets a few months back but have yet to create a daily routine of using it - I've been so busy lately, so not a very mse purchase so far!
    Originally posted by Ellsbel
    I haven't had it yet, will start from my next facial in June. It's the Guinot Hydralift I am having, I've been having Guinot hydradermie facials for years and never found any other facial to beat them for effectiveness. Booked a course of 7 treatments, once a week (bar one when I am on holiday). Will let you know how I get on. I've been using a manual facial massager from Sarah Chapman in the meantime that I got in Space NK.

http://www.sarahchapman.net/facialift/

Not sure it is helping with the loose skin but it feels nice and does get the blood flow going as mentioned in her description.

Date number 2 with the chap I met last week tonight. We're meeting for cocktails and then going to a comedy night. Looking forward to it although I think I will be on the caffeine today to make sure I am perky enough for it - been out the last two nights too. Wednesday was my usual Ceroc class and last night I went for dinner with a female friend and then to see "Their Finest" at the cinema, which was very good although the ending was a bit unexpected. I get a lie in tomorrow anyway, thank goodness.
    • chanie
    • By chanie 12th May 17, 6:50 PM
    • 1,527 Posts
    • 7,130 Thanks
    chanie
    happy fab friday

I was looking forward to having a nice relaxed Friday where I didn't have to do anything, having has something to do every Friday for the past few months. My sister wasn't feeling well today, so didn't go to work and decided to hang around at mine and drag me to town to meet some family for lunch. I had a nice time, so I can't complain.

I've had to reschedule my trip to Go Ape with OH, as something at work has come up on the day I'd booked off. It's a sensitive matter, so I offered to help. Luckily, Go Ape let me reschedule, so I'll just swap my days over.

indie pleased you have date no2 booked. How exciting.

[ellsbel pleased those comments didn't get you down.

lainey well done on your weightloss.
    2017 challenge to save 800
    Savings on purchases 420.24
    MAY food budget - 181(groceries) 0 (Costco)
    My spending diary - Spend Less, Live More
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4327401ht
    • indiepanda
    • By indiepanda 13th May 17, 11:46 AM
    • 891 Posts
    • 5,985 Thanks
    indiepanda
    Well date no 2 was really good. We met at 6:30, went for cocktails, then went to the comedy club, then to Chinatown for a late dinner, then to the pub for a last drink before he walked me to the bus stop about 12:30.

Still due to meet the other chap for a drink next Wednesday but have deleted the dating app off my phone (having got Wednesday's phone number first) as I am busy enough over coming weeks that I really don't need to go lining up more dates. If things don't work out with either of these guys I will get back on the site then. But it takes time sifting through the odd ball messages to find the odd normal guy and there's no point doing that if you don't have time to date them.

Just this week I had one guy message asking if I was a domme (I had to google it to confirm my answer was no!) and another whose opening gambit was that he wanted me to be the mother of his children. I pointed out that was a very odd message to send to a 44 year old whose profile says she doesn't want kids and he just replied saying "do you think we could be happy together without children". I use the "block" option a lot on the app!!!

Off to a comedy night tonight with my friends and out for a hike with a different set of friends tomorrow. This afternoon I am hoping to get a nap - my fitbit is telling me I've averaged just over 5 hours sleep a night the last few nights and I think I need to catch up a bit!

Have a fab weekend all.
    • Ellsbel
    • By Ellsbel 14th May 17, 8:46 AM
    • 440 Posts
    • 4,084 Thanks
    Ellsbel
    Glad the date went well, Indie, and hope you had a good evening with your friends. Enjoy the hike.
    Chanie sorry you've had to reschedule Go Ape; hope the work matter is quickly resolved.
    Had the gels removed from my nails yesterday - I've had two consecutive gel manicures now so had decided to give my nails a break for a bit; they feel very dry and brittle though, so I'm going to cut them short and file them and see if I can bring them back to life by moisturising them with almond oil.
    Not much happening here this weekend; the weather can't seem to make up its' mind at the moment, but if the rain holds off I may plant up some summer bulbs in the garden. I'll either pop to the gym or go for a brisk walk at some point too.
    Have a good day everyone
    • sugarbaby125
    • By sugarbaby125 14th May 17, 1:22 PM
    • 743 Posts
    • 4,460 Thanks
    sugarbaby125
    Indie I am so glad that your 2nd date went well. I hope your 1st date on Wednesday with the other man goes really well

Hello Ladies,

I went to the pub last night for a night of dancing. I made the effort to paint my nails with gold nail polish. I put a clear nail polish on first to act as an undercoat. I also painted my two big toe nails. I am really disappointed that the gold nail polish is so badly chipped this morning, that I am going to have to remove it.

I met Wayne at the pub. He was playing dominoes for money when I arrived and seemed more interested in doing that, than spending time with me. After losing enough money to get him to stop, he finally came to spend time with me an hour after I had arrived at the pub. I just let it go, because I had been enjoying myself dancing on my own. Yet he then spent the evening trying to provoke an argument with me, but I would not rise to the bait. My friend Antoinette was also at the pub, so I was thankful to have time to speak to her and have a laugh with her. This stopped the evening from being a negative experience. I am not going to let Wayne stop me from having good nights out in the pub. He was in a bad mood because of the money he had lost but I was not going to let him take it out on me.
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 14th May 17, 6:51 PM
    • 404 Posts
    • 3,920 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    Good for you, Sugarbaby
    Budget 105.75/200.00 Spends 0.00/40.00 AFD 15/31
    Walks 12/31 Weightloss 0/41 May Womble 81.60 2017 Wombling total 685.28
    • savingfortomorrow
    • By savingfortomorrow 14th May 17, 8:59 PM
    • 449 Posts
    • 3,022 Thanks
    savingfortomorrow
    Ellsbel …. I h6ope that you don’t some small minded individuals change your outlook or personality. I find people who are jealous of you try to put you down. It shows their lack of manners and professionalism. Some people glory in pulling outs down, keep your head high and keep smiling.

Maman … good tip on the meal planning.

laineyT …. Your outfit sounded really chic, I hope that you had a nice time, well done with the weigt loss

chanie …. It was a pity that you had to change the go ape day but I sure that your swapping the day in work was really appreciated.

Indie ….. I am glad that everything is going well and you are having a good time

Sugar….. glad you had an overall good time and did not rise to the bait. Hopefully it was a blip due to the loss of money.

I have been super busy and I have frightened myself into eating better and seem to have lost the swelling on my stomach. When I eat rubbish I seem to swell up, so I have to eat better, 90 percent of the time constantly. I was relieved when I could fit into a dress I tried on earlier this week that made me look like a sausage. More veg and avoiding processed food is key for me.

So today I went shopping and it was like the shopping centre was having a secret sale. It was so busy I just turned on my heel and aimed for the exit. I needed nothing to endure the queues. Tonight will be a face mask and pamper night
    • Floss
    • By Floss 14th May 17, 9:09 PM
    • 3,526 Posts
    • 26,644 Thanks
    Floss
    Ellsbel I find that Body Shop's tub of almond butter cream is really good put on last thing at night, and they also do a cuticle oil "pen" with a brush applicator that is good too.
    • indiepanda
    • By indiepanda 15th May 17, 10:59 AM
    • 891 Posts
    • 5,985 Thanks
    indiepanda
    Glad the date went well, Indie, and hope you had a good evening with your friends. Enjoy the hike.

Had the gels removed from my nails yesterday - I've had two consecutive gel manicures now so had decided to give my nails a break for a bit; they feel very dry and brittle though, so I'm going to cut them short and file them and see if I can bring them back to life by moisturising them with almond oil.
    Originally posted by Ellsbel
    Thanks, the comedy was brilliant, had seen most of the line-up on panel shows on the BBC and the venue was really cool - a chapel in Islington. Bit fancier that the usual "room above a pub" type comedy nights I go to locally. The hike was lovely, the weather cooperated and was mainly sunny. Bit blowy when we were at the highest point of the route but generally lovely, gorgeous views across the south downs and my book didn't let me down so I didn't get us lost.

Indie I am so glad that your 2nd date went well. I hope your 1st date on Wednesday with the other man goes really well

I met Wayne at the pub. He was playing dominoes for money when I arrived and seemed more interested in doing that, than spending time with me. After losing enough money to get him to stop, he finally came to spend time with me an hour after I had arrived at the pub. I just let it go, because I had been enjoying myself dancing on my own. Yet he then spent the evening trying to provoke an argument with me, but I would not rise to the bait. My friend Antoinette was also at the pub, so I was thankful to have time to speak to her and have a laugh with her. This stopped the evening from being a negative experience. I am not going to let Wayne stop me from having good nights out in the pub. He was in a bad mood because of the money he had lost but I was not going to let him take it out on me.
    Originally posted by sugarbaby125
    Thanks Sugarbaby. Will be going on a third date with the guy from Friday this week - either Friday or Saturday, he is doing some research to come up with suggestions. I was talking about him to my friends yesterday and it dawned on me that all my longer term relationships (i.e. over a year) have been with guys who leave all the organising to me - saying I am good at it - but of course what they really mean is they are just too lazy to put the time into it. I don't enjoy organising things, but I will do it if it means having some fun and interesting things to do, and even with friends who are good organisers I take my turn to plan things as I would feel like I was free riding off their efforts otherwise. However, the other boyfriends haven't shown me the same courtesy. So it's a really nice change to have someone make an effort. And fortunately he will let me share some of the cost as I'd feel guilty otherwise.

Sorry to hear Wayne was in a bad mood, good on you for not letting it get you down.

Indie .. I am glad that everything is going well and you are having a good time

I have been super busy and I have frightened myself into eating better and seem to have lost the swelling on my stomach. When I eat rubbish I seem to swell up, so I have to eat better, 90 percent of the time constantly. I was relieved when I could fit into a dress I tried on earlier this week that made me look like a sausage. More veg and avoiding processed food is key for me.

So today I went shopping and it was like the shopping centre was having a secret sale. It was so busy I just turned on my heel and aimed for the exit. I needed nothing to endure the queues. Tonight will be a face mask and pamper night
    Originally posted by savingfortomorrow
    Thanks :-) Glad to hear your diet going well and hope you enjoyed your pamper night.

Must dash, time to go to the dentist (hate going but am sure it's better than ending up losing my teeth, that definitely wouldn't improve my appearance.
    • maman
    • By maman 15th May 17, 12:25 PM
    • 15,985 Posts
    • 95,407 Thanks
    maman
    to Wayne and his antics sugarbaby. And I'm glad it won't stop you enjoying yourself at your local pub.

I'm really enjoying reading about how well your life's going indie. Don't wear yourself out!

I gave my nails a rest a while back after months of shellac ellsbel. I think it's a good idea. At the moment I keep having them cut shortish so that they can grow through quickly (if that makes sense??). I've been lazy on the treatment though. Thanks for the advice on Body Shop floss. I think if I had a cuticle pen I'd use it more often. It'll give me an incentive to use up the (messy) oil that I have.

I'm feeling a bit bloated too sft. I think it's probably eating (and drinking ) too much in the past week. I'm drawing a line today and I'm going to be really good for a few days. We go away in 4 weeks time and I have to have my bikini body ready!

Had a lovely afternoon's dancing yesterday. I wore my new (to me) Nicole Farhi chiffon skirt and was complimented on the floatiness. It felt just right with a plain black top (to balance the floral) and suede ballet flats. I'm out with a friend this afternoon, just for a coffee and a chat. I can't decide what to wear, probably fall back on black jeans.
    • indiepanda
    • By indiepanda 15th May 17, 3:11 PM
    • 891 Posts
    • 5,985 Thanks
    indiepanda
    :I'm really enjoying reading about how well your life's going indie. Don't wear yourself out!
    Originally posted by maman
    I have to admit, I was in a bit of a bad mood yesterday morning as I really wasn't ready to get up early to go and meet my friends, not had quite enough sleep lately. I soon snapped out of it and had a nice time when I met them, but was glad for an early night last night. I've also opted to go to a yoga class locally rather than going dancing in central London tonight. Am going to a new Ceroc class tomorrow night in Shoreditch and of course the date on Wednesday, but not making plans for Thursday night and can lie in Saturday morning and a bit Sunday morning too.

Did a bit of shopping post my dentist appointment. Got a couple of dresses that I think will work dressed up for the office and dressed down for the weekend in a local boutique. This one was full price (it's just the dress not the shirt over it)
    https://www.solar.com.pl/ubrania/sukienki/za028379.html
    The other one was in the sale and I can't find it on line, but have seen the company's current season lookbook and think I need to explore further, some really nice dresses. The one I got has a cross over neckline which will need a camisole or brooch to keep me modest for work (out of work I might risk with a plunge bra) an a line skirt and an abtract multi-colour print on a white background. Might even work for a wedding I am going to in early June... will see, am going to Ashford Outlet centre at the weekend and hoping to spot something a little dressier in somewhere like Phase Eight.

Also got a metallic rose gold loose fitting jumper in Oliver Bonas which will look good with my khaki slim fitting trousers from Oasis as well as jeans.
    https://www.oliverbonas.com/fashion/alma-shimmer-top-51016#selection=size:8__1970;color:Rose__1639
    Funnily enough the model they have wearing the top has very similar hair to me - mine is a bit redder but the style is very similar. Anyway, that jumper will give me an excuse to get my rose gold brogues out too - I love them - funky and comfortable at the same time. Not my usual style but am enjoying trying new things - having to almost start again wardrobe wise means a bit of a chance to re-invent myself, dress a bit younger frankly.
    • Floss
    • By Floss 15th May 17, 6:15 PM
    • 3,526 Posts
    • 26,644 Thanks
    Floss
    Indie it sounds like you found some lovely things in your impromptu shopping spree

We were at a wedding in the Lakes this weekend - I found this lovely Phase Eight floral & butterfly print dress on ebay, BNWT for 27.50! I wore it with black tie-front shoes, a black velvet tie-front jacket with maroon lining & the sleeves rolled up a little and my orange Carvela bag. My lovely hairdresser did my blow-dry so well that my hair just needed a little zhush when we came back inside after a breezy ceremony and was perfect! In fact, it still had curls in this morning too I was a little disappointed with my make-up - I need to swap to my summer foundation, as my skin tone has darkened a little from my winter-white shade with being on the allotment and out walking The bride's grandsons were also there, with their mums & partners and siblings (her son died in an accident a few years ago) - one looked like she was going out with her mates in a black low-cut, lace-top skin-tight jumpsuit that is indelibly etched in my DH's mind while the other looked very elegant in deep blue cropped wide leg trousers and this blush-pink off-the-shoulder top - complete contrast between the two!
    • maman
    • By maman 15th May 17, 6:48 PM
    • 15,985 Posts
    • 95,407 Thanks
    maman
    That's a great bargain floss and so pleased you felt fab at the wedding. Amazing what some people think is suitable for an occasion Glad your DH enjoyed the jumpsuit though!

I know what you mean about make up between seasons. Yesterday when it was really sunny I didn't bother with any foundation but today as it's dull and grey I've used a bit of tinted moisturiser and some blusher.

You've done well with your shopping too indie . It's strange that you find the things we like most when we've not gone out to look for something specific.
    • chanie
    • By chanie 15th May 17, 8:36 PM
    • 1,527 Posts
    • 7,130 Thanks
    chanie
    floss that's a lovely dress and very MSE of you.

My boss sent me a txt yesterday to let me know that the meeting today was cancelled, so I rescheduled Go Ape back to today. Unlike yesterday, which was lovely, it was raining, but the thick canopy shielded us from the wet. It was hard work, but we enjoyed it and had fun(although I may not agree tomorrow, when I'm aching). We are already planning our next adventures!!!
    2017 challenge to save 800
    Savings on purchases 420.24
    MAY food budget - 181(groceries) 0 (Costco)
    My spending diary - Spend Less, Live More
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4327401ht
    • Floss
    • By Floss 15th May 17, 9:19 PM
    • 3,526 Posts
    • 26,644 Thanks
    Floss
    Thank you
    I know how you feel Chanie we walked from Blea Tarn down to Dungeon Ghyll and along the Cumbrian Way to the top of the Langdale Valley and back again yesterday, it's a while since I did much off-road walking & a bit of scrambling, so am expecting to feel a bit stiff in the morning!
    • Ellsbel
    • By Ellsbel 17th May 17, 8:44 AM
    • 440 Posts
    • 4,084 Thanks
    Ellsbel
    Thanks for the tip on the Body Shop cream Floss I did giggle at the thought of the jumpsuit and your OH's reaction Sounds like a lovely walk you had.
    Maman, your dancing outfit sounds really pretty.
    Glad you enjoyed Go Ape, Chanie; I think it sounds like a really different, and great idea for a date day. I'm also inspired by Indie's comedy nights - I haven't been to one in years but may drag OH along to one soon!
    Thanks SFT, and everyone who made kind comments - I suppose you can't please all the people all the time, as the saying goes
    Sugarbaby, sorry Wayne has disappointed you again
    I'm in comfy jeans and a lovely, soft knit striped jumper today. I'll put very minimal makeup on to pop to the shops later but will be mostly pottering at home and catching up on chores today; I'll be doing it at a slow pace though as I didn't sleep too well last night - I think I ate too late due to working late and I ended up having a really uncomfortable night with indigestion!
    Have a lovely day everyone - hope it's a bit sunnier where you all are; very grey and damp here!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

194Posts Today

1,215Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just leaving Manchester after the funeral of my beloved grandma Gladys who passed away last night. https://t.co/nuC9ry5mP6

• The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Follow Martin