Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mum2one
    • By mum2one 31st Dec 16, 1:04 AM
    • 16,110Posts
    • 59,868Thanks
    mum2one
    Santas challenge 2017
    • 31st Dec 16, 1:04 AM
    Santas challenge 2017 31st Dec 16 at 1:04 AM
    A warm welcome to old and new friends.

What is Santas challenge...

We're a lovely thread, may be small but we're good... I know Christmas happens every year, yet by planning throughout the year this can take off some of the financial pressure of finding everything last minute, spread the tasks throughout the year.

It's not just about Christmas, it's birthdays, Easter, Valentine's Day,x cleaning those kitchen cupboards, having a general moan about life, yet being there as well.

The great plan is for a challenge on the 24th of the month, so that by Christmas Eve we are all ready and can sit back and relax...

A big welcome to everyone. Xx
    17 crafts in 2017 = 0/17
    Sisters legacy -50 charitable acts 30/50
    Tackling the debt free life one day at a time xx
    RIP Dad, - Always love you, - He was 1 in a million xx
Page 11
    • mum2one
    • By mum2one 11th Jun 17, 7:51 PM
    • 16,110 Posts
    • 59,868 Thanks
    mum2one
    DB all finished, found a couple of quirky top up presents for him that I know he will like. So chuffed, he is always nearly the last to be finished as I really struggle.
    I'm over two thirds done now which I'm really happy with as I have a landmark birthday in August, I want to start saving for Prague and my saving for my decorating has come to a full stop.
    This is the first year I've really felt in control and prepared, if I can keep this up in the future, it will save me so much, especially with some major surgery coming up at some point in the future.
    Originally posted by Happy Kitties
    Any room in the suitcase for Prague, love it there xx
    17 crafts in 2017 = 0/17
    • mum2one
    • By mum2one 11th Jun 17, 7:54 PM
    • 16,110 Posts
    • 59,868 Thanks
    mum2one
    Hope every one ok, feet back on ground for a bit, got back this week from morroco, thou come back with strip of severe burns on lower back....

Brainbox decided lie on my front... then realised must have fidgeted... ended up with bottoms rolling down about 2ins, literally red raw, downgraded from daily dressings change at hospital, to every other day at go surgery.

Thou the holiday was great, got a few scarves for Xmas prezzies, there help bulk the presents out.

As from this weekend it's 200 days to Xmas... where has the time gone x
    17 crafts in 2017 = 0/17
    • Happy Kitties
    • By Happy Kitties 12th Jun 17, 2:07 PM
    • 207 Posts
    • 1,748 Thanks
    Happy Kitties
    Ouch mum2one I hope the burns have settled down. I remember dropping a freshly made cup of tea onto my lap 2 years ago now and pleading with my GP to keep me out of hospital, but having to go for dressing changes. I use a wheelchair and have no feeling so the tea had gone underneath aswell, but I had a great level headed nurse at the surgery despite my GP looking like he would pass out, hates anything to do with any form of treatment with me.

Re: Prague, we were going to go somewhere else for the Christmas markets this year, but a friend asked if we were going back as they are keen to go, we really enjoyed it aswell so said why not. Planning to get gingerbread to hang off gift bags with the labels.
    DM has already given us a list of all the baubles she wants bringing back and I wouldn't mind a couple more, I only brought one back for me!
    2017 birthday savings so far thru shopping frugally = 228.72 284.31 306.81 383.15:money.
    April grocery challenge £171.21/ £200 May GC £248.47/£190 June GC £87.69/ £190
    • Anglea
    • By Anglea 18th Jun 17, 7:36 PM
    • 6,971 Posts
    • 17,144 Thanks
    Anglea
    Hi everyone, sorry I've been awol been a hectic month so far.

I completely messed up the dates this month (problem of having a page per day diary) so had a mad scramble to make some gifts which needed to be sent the following day.

Also had other birthdays to sort plus Father's Day.

It was no excuse really about the diary because I have so many other lists and diaries lol

My main goals this year are emergency supplies and boxes around the house (like mum2one suggests in the challenges).

Hi Julie, hope you enjoy this group.

Mum2one. I would have been very surprised not to hear about a medical emergency for some reason it always seems to happen to one of your family - I'm sorry to hear about the sunburn being as bad as that.

Did you meet anyone nice over there?

Your house must be really tidy as you're often having a big clear out, I wish I could get equally motivated.

Happy Kitties, I'm curious what you mean by DB - is this a brother?

• Happy Kitties
    • By Happy Kitties 20th Jun 17, 10:06 AM
    • 207 Posts
    • 1,748 Thanks
    Happy Kitties
    Yep DB is my younger very annoying brother!!!!!
    2017 birthday savings so far thru shopping frugally = 228.72 284.31 306.81 383.15:money.
    April grocery challenge £171.21/ £200 May GC £248.47/£190 June GC £87.69/ £190
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,971Posts Today

8,308Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @kcbelsham: @MartinSLewis . This Account would have to pay at least 12% to achieve £1 million in 35 years . Any ideas ( think it is impo?

• Really? The highest interest rate amount for that volume of cash currently is 2%? You'd need an interest rate explo? https://t.co/6YRk1wLdTl

• Today's Twitter poll: Is it acceptable to take your shirt off and go topless in the street when it's scorching in the UK?

• Follow Martin