Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • shala_moo
    • By shala_moo 30th Dec 16, 8:23 PM
    • 3,241Posts
    • 27,176Thanks
    shala_moo
    Be Fab for Feb - Slimming World support thread 2017
    • 30th Dec 16, 8:23 PM
    Be Fab for Feb - Slimming World support thread 2017 30th Dec 16 at 8:23 PM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Food Optimising is a plan for life, it is not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you have been doing in the past has not got you to where you want to be.

You cannot use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising and Choose Success books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Anything that’s Free Food on Green OR Original – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables – is totally Free on Extra Easy!

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables

We have a Facebook group open to anyone joining us on this thread; to join please mention it in your post or drop Lushlifesaver a PM and an existing member can send you an invite.
    Mortgage = £166,050£124,896.91
    Mortgage Offset % = 26.05%
    Mortgage Neutral Date = Dec 2036 Feb 2027
    SW target - 54lb/31.5lb
Page 83
    • maman
    • By maman 1st Mar 17, 11:40 AM
    • 16,857 Posts
    • 100,697 Thanks
    maman
    Have decided to do SW myself again . . can someone pls confirm if it's 250ml of semi milk as a HE pls?

Is sweet potato free or only normal?
    Originally posted by UKTigerlily

Do join us on our new Spring thread.
    • Saver-upper
    • By Saver-upper 10th Apr 17, 5:22 PM
    • 1,619 Posts
    • 12,381 Thanks
    Saver-upper
    Saver-upper creeps back into the room,and quietly takes a chair at the back............

I hope I can re-join you all.I fell off the SWwagon about 18 months ago-I was at target at the time,but was getting a bit bored with the plan (and it was hard work getting my family to try "new" foods ),and we were about to move in with inlaws' for 5 months while our house was being extended.I knew ,with cooking for 2 famlies,SW was never going to work,Christmas was coming up,etc,etc,so I strayed.

I have been telling myself for months that I must get back on plan,and never have.FIrst I would tell myself I would go back to SW,then I told myself I would do it from home,then I determined that I was just going to eat healthily (I really do believe if I did nothing but cut out the rubbish I binge-eat after the kids go to bed,I would lose a couple of stone right there )

Now,here I am,weighing 2 stone 10lb over my target weight,and ready to do something about it

I have a very fussy family to feed (OH and eldest not so bad,but 3 younger kids very hard to feed ),but everyone has been told I need to lose this weight .I have a significant birthday in September,and can't bear the thought of still luggin' all this weight around with me then.So imagine their shock this afternoon.when I told them there was salad for lunch,and no sweets in the house for afters .

I do have a meal out tomorrow night,which I think is about my full allowance of syns for the week ,but I must start this journey today-there have been far too many excuses.

Wish me luck.

PS:before posting,I spent about 30 minutes reading back,trying to see where the current challenge finishes,but not sure (could be next week).I would love to join the challenge,thank you shala-moo.
    Roadkill Rebel #14,2016:£35.50 £12,000in2016 #82=£3163
    SPC #155 x 7.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00
    Pinecone £289,Valued Opinions £10.50,Grocery Challenge June 17: £50.68/250

• Lois Lane
    • By Lois Lane 10th Apr 17, 9:46 PM
    • 3,434 Posts
    • 14,265 Thanks
    Lois Lane
    Hi Saverupper, welcome back. We're on a new thread now, here's a link. Come and join us.

By the way, I've got a significant birthday in September too.

LL
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
    • Saver-upper
    • By Saver-upper 10th Apr 17, 10:24 PM
    • 1,619 Posts
    • 12,381 Thanks
    Saver-upper
    Today's meals:
    Breakfast: handful of strawberries,an apple and a mandarin

Lunch: slices of Sainsbury barbecue chicken,cherry tomatoes,carrot,cucumber,yellow peppers

Tea: gammon,a slice of tinned pineapple (have looked high and low,but can't find syns value),fried egg (no oil,free),peas,green beans,carrot,orange pepper,cherry tomatoes

Have had cups of tea using milk allowance (semi-skimmed milk.Hoping tomorrow to do a bigger grocery shop,will get skimmed milk)

Have been for 2 40 minute brisk walks today (second one brisker than the first because only had one child with me ,walking,instead of 4 children with me, on bikes/walking.)
    Roadkill Rebel #14,2016:£35.50 £12,000in2016 #82=£3163
    SPC #155 x 7.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00
    Pinecone £289,Valued Opinions £10.50,Grocery Challenge June 17: £50.68/250

• Missli
    • By Missli 17th Apr 17, 1:11 PM
    • 7,058 Posts
    • 16,607 Thanks
    Missli
    Hello to all

Is slimming world worth the cost, and is it effective? I'm thinking of joining up locally. I'm not huge, but am fed up sticking to a set amount of calories and losing weight, then just not bothering to stick to a plan.
    I've never joined a slimming club before. What are the bonuses for someone who doesn't need to lose loads? Probably about 10 lbs, but will see when I've weighed myself. I've just ordered some new digital scales, so may be in for a shock.
    • Lois Lane
    • By Lois Lane 17th Apr 17, 5:15 PM
    • 3,434 Posts
    • 14,265 Thanks
    Lois Lane
    Hi Missli

We're on a new thread now, here's a link. Come and join us.

LL
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
    • wishicoulddoitall
    • By wishicoulddoitall 10th Aug 17, 1:12 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    wishicoulddoitall
    I can't use any of the links on this page to follow your new forum.. anybody able to help?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,940Posts Today

7,350Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin