Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • debs.c
    • By debs.c 30th Dec 16, 1:06 PM
    • 80Posts
    • 48Thanks
    debs.c
    minster baywatch
    • 30th Dec 16, 1:06 PM
    minster baywatch 30th Dec 16 at 1:06 PM
    hi anyone received a claim form from gladstones solicitors? The next step is court, i have ignored all letters, as advised and now this, what do i do next pepps? I believe this ticket is unfair and issued by a private company, help??
Page 6
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 19th Jun 17, 1:14 PM
    • 6,350 Posts
    • 8,161 Thanks
    beamerguy
    so, this is the reply ive sent..........thank you for your email which i acknowledge,

However, Unless you have decided to drop these ludicrous charges and save us all the embarrassment of court I feel that I cannot correspond further as the matter is now in the hands of your solicitors.

Kind regards
    Originally posted by debs.c
    That will do

However it will not be your embarrassment in court it will
    be them for using the incompetent Gladstones

Just as a footnote you do not sign off with "kind regards" to predators, it's strictly
    "yours faithfully"
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • debs.c
    • By debs.c 19th Jun 17, 1:25 PM
    • 80 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    debs.c
    ok, thanks
    • debs.c
    • By debs.c 20th Jun 17, 11:02 AM
    • 80 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    debs.c
    further to yesterdays emaiis and my reply to minster baywatch, l i have just received this..............'Good Morning, 'That was exactly what I was hoping to discuss with you.'......it would be interesting to know what they got to say? is it worth while opening up dialogue do u think? thanks
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 20th Jun 17, 11:25 AM
    • 6,350 Posts
    • 8,161 Thanks
    beamerguy
    further to yesterdays emaiis and my reply to minster baywatch, l i have just received this..............'Good Morning, 'That was exactly what I was hoping to discuss with you.'......it would be interesting to know what they got to say? is it worth while opening up dialogue do u think? thanks
    This is sounding more like a Nigerian scam where they attempt to trap you ?

Maybe email back referring again to the fact that this is now in the hands of their solicitor.

"Can you then confirm by email that your are withdrawing your claim"

No personal contact by you except by email

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • debs.c
    • By debs.c 20th Jun 17, 11:30 AM
    • 80 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    debs.c
    ok i will, think they will ask for my phone number though, dont want to miss the chance of the case being dismissed? thanks
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 20th Jun 17, 11:32 AM
    • 1,708 Posts
    • 3,108 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    Maybe email back referring again to the fact that this is now in the hands of their solicitor.

"Can you then confirm by email that your are withdrawing your claim"

No personal contact by you except by email
    +1

Ask them to email over their Notice of Discontinuance by the end of today as tomorrow you will be sending over your schedule of costs.
    Life's for living, get on with it rather than worrying about these. If they hassle, counter claim.

Send them that costs schedule though, 24 hours before the hearing, and file it with the court. Take with you evidence that you have sent the costs schedule to them and when.
    LoC
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 20th Jun 17, 11:37 AM
    • 6,350 Posts
    • 8,161 Thanks
    beamerguy
    ok i will, think they will ask for my phone number though, dont want to miss the chance of the case being dismissed? thanks
    Well they can ask ? The moment they have your phone number,
    the harassment will probably begin.

Play the game ... email ping-pong

Don't believe for one moment that they will dismiss the case.
    These people are only after money

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • debs.c
    • By debs.c 20th Jun 17, 11:49 AM
    • 80 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    debs.c
    so heres my reply...............
    'thank you for your email.

I am hesitant to open up dialogue as this is now in the hands of your solicitors. If, however you are cancelling the charges and court appearance could you email me a Notice of Discontinuance by the end of today or will be issuing a schedule of costs.

Yours faithfully,

Debra'
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 20th Jun 17, 11:53 AM
    • 6,350 Posts
    • 8,161 Thanks
    beamerguy
    so heres my reply...............
    'thank you for your email.

I am hesitant to open up dialogue as this is now in the hands of your solicitors. If, however you are cancelling the charges and court appearance could you email me a Notice of Discontinuance by the end of today or will be issuing a schedule of costs.

Yours faithfully,

Debra'
    Perfect, keep us updated, wonder what they will say now ?

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • debs.c
    • By debs.c 20th Jun 17, 11:54 AM
    • 80 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    debs.c
    interesting isnt it! thank you
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 20th Jun 17, 12:01 PM
    • 6,350 Posts
    • 8,161 Thanks
    beamerguy
    interesting isnt it! thank you
    Yes it's very odd.
    Nondescript and evasive emails can only mean that you reserve
    the right to show the court this correspondence

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • debs.c
    • By debs.c 20th Jun 17, 12:06 PM
    • 80 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    debs.c
    ok, ill print them all.
    • debs.c
    • By debs.c 28th Jun 17, 4:12 PM
    • 80 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    debs.c
    so, no other emails. in a local court today a minster baywatch case was thrown out of court due to a technicality when her solicitor stated that they were late petitioning a 'bundle ' to the court! I dont know what this is and dont know how to check if it's a fact in my case too! anyway, good news for the defendant who also had an empathetic judge by the sound of it. he told he claimant that he didnt want to see them again! im hoping it will happen to me!
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 28th Jun 17, 4:26 PM
    • 3,496 Posts
    • 3,553 Thanks
    DoaM
    The claimant needs to file their court bundle (evidence) by a certain date, the same as you do. PPC solicitors are often late in filing. If they haven't filed by the stated date then you could use the same argument (at the hearing / in your skeleton argument that you can create and file 3-4 days before the hearing).
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • debs.c
    • By debs.c 28th Jun 17, 4:34 PM
    • 80 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    debs.c
    ok, not sure how i could check the date they filed though? im assuming the witness statement is part of the bundle? thanks
    • debs.c
    • By debs.c 28th Jun 17, 5:24 PM
    • 80 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    debs.c
    just researched the legal height requirement for registration machines is 1200cms, this machine is higher than that and therefore not acceptable for wheelchair users, this strengthens my deference i guess.
    • debs.c
    • By debs.c 29th Jun 17, 2:24 PM
    • 80 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    debs.c
    well, are you sitting down?............i have just received a Notice of Discontinuance from Gladstones, theyve dropped the case!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 29th Jun 17, 3:43 PM
    • 51,575 Posts
    • 65,182 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    well, are you sitting down?............i have just received a Notice of Discontinuance from Gladstones, theyve dropped the case!
    Yay! Another fantastic result!

Another poster has just posted that she won in court today, and now you have *won* too!

If you are out of pocket by any money, you could try an immediate letter to the Judge asking for your costs (there's a version written by LoadsofChildren123 that deals with how to word it).
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Redx
    • By Redx 29th Jun 17, 3:49 PM
    • 16,570 Posts
    • 20,730 Thanks
    Redx
    really glad to hear it

just shows you that fronting it out and not falling into their intimidation traps paid off

definitely try and claim any costs involved as CM says , these people have made life hell for you and your "witness" for some time now
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • debs.c
    • By debs.c 29th Jun 17, 5:02 PM
    • 80 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    debs.c
    thanks guys, didnt really incur any costs but strangely enjoyed the experience despite the attempted intimidation and bullying tactics. i couldnt have done it without you, how can i begin to gain the knowledge you have? got a taste for it, thank you
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

315Posts Today

3,912Users online

Martin's Twitter