Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • stephthechosenone
    • By stephthechosenone 29th Dec 16, 2:20 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 33Thanks
    stephthechosenone
    County Court Claim Form - PCM at Heath Parade - NW9
    • 29th Dec 16, 2:20 PM
    County Court Claim Form - PCM at Heath Parade - NW9 29th Dec 16 at 2:20 PM
    Hi there, pleased to meet you all!

I have fallen victim to the predators Parking Control Management at the infamous Heath Parade - NW9 location.

To give you a bit of history...

- I have been accused of parking at the above location and am now being chased for a £235.50 amount
    - The evidence shows I was at the location for 1min 50 secs
    - My hazard lights were on, as shown in the evidence, as there was an issue with my brakes at the time
    - I have a letter from Chevrolet which confirms there have been issues with certain cars' break fluid and that they will change mine free of charge

I contend that:
    - No contract was formed between myself and PCM as the terms of parking are prohibitive and offer no service (see PARKING CONTROL MANAGEMENT (UK)-v-CHRISTOPHER BULL), and/or was not in my reasonable control to breach said terms (brakes issue)
    - There was apparently no grace period, as stipulated in the IPC Code of Conduct, of which PCM are a member and have been since 2014
    - The £150 they claim in PoC is not an realistic estimation of cost, and resembles a penalty, unenforceable by law
    - IPC Code of Practice also states that companies should not engage in predatory tactics, of which this more than likely falls under

What I have:
    • I received the notice to keeper in July
    • I have received the debt collectors letters
    • I have received the letter before claim from Gladstones
    • I did nothing each time (reasons I will divulge later)

I am now going to send the acknowledgement of service but would love help piecing together a defence. Any help soon is welcome!

P.s. Hope everyone's had a merry Christmas! I certainly won't let this dampen the end of the year for me =)
Page 4
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 6th Dec 17, 4:57 PM
    • 1,144 Posts
    • 1,173 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Not offend3d, it’s just rude - this isn’t your thread to post your problems in. It’s someone else’s.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

264Posts Today

1,606Users online

Martin's Twitter