Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • 3forholidays
    • By 3forholidays 24th Dec 16, 6:24 PM
    • 1,149Posts
    • 12,372Thanks
    3forholidays
    * I wish it could be Christmas every day * - It's the 2017 Christmas Chatter Thread
    • 24th Dec 16, 6:24 PM
    * I wish it could be Christmas every day * - It's the 2017 Christmas Chatter Thread 24th Dec 16 at 6:24 PM
    ‘Well I wish it could be Christmas every day
    When the kids start singing and the band begins to play
    Oh I wish it could be Christmas everyday
    So let the bells ring out for Christmas’

Hello and welcome to the 6th Christmas Chatter Thread.

This thread is not just about Christmas, but our whole year. We have had many ups and downs, deaths and births but we have all made it through to the end of the last thread and Christmas 2016.

NOTE - For all new people please don't lurk, but come and join in with all the chatter. We are all a little mad (about Christmas!), but not dangerous.

The following posts will be made up of all the links saved from last year with new ones added as we go.

This will hopefully make it easier in October/November when we are all looking for them.

Please let me know if any become out of date or if you would like your birthday added to the list

Thanks to all posters on the previous threads – the thread is only a success because of your contributions!

So on that note it is over to you and roll on Christmas 2017!

Our Birthdays

JANUARY
    Newthrift 18th
    Clumsy42 28th

FEBRUARY
    murie 24th
    junior_j 25th

MARCH
    vulpix 12th

APRIL
    quidsy 23rd
    princesskitty29 29th

MAY
    pixtotts 4th
    Opee92 13th
    Pinksteps 21st

JUNE
    Nic2075 1st
    04624181 13th
    dropsofjupiter 22nd
    msgigglewick 23rd

JULY
    mrs-moneypenny 17th
    Hanley25 19th

AUGUST
    Treasurequeen 12th
    patentgirl 30th

SEPTEMBER
    Spendless 28th
    whitesatin 28th

OCTOBER
    freespirit66 1st

NOVEMBER
    Peppapig 1st
    mrsinvisable 7th
    pinknfluffy28 28th

DECEMBER
    FeistyFidget 14th
    3forholidays 15th
    CHRISSYG 25th !!!!!!!!
    Last edited by 3forholidays; 24-12-2016 at 6:52 PM.
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC 10 - No 043 £510 (as at 30th July)
Page 71
    • sammy_kaye18
    • By sammy_kaye18 2nd Oct 17, 10:00 AM
    • 3,043 Posts
    • 18,954 Thanks
    sammy_kaye18
    Morning

Slightly panicked as I have to leave for work in 20 minutes and my trousers were in the washing machine up until 10 minutes ago so I am sat roasting next to a fire to try and dry them in time.
    Seem to have extra shifts this week - I usually do 6hrs a week (i know right) but this week I somehow have 16 so obviously the Christmas hours are starting to creep in and its the last of the 3 for 2s this week so it will be panic stations for a lot of parents I expect.

i did manage to pick up the last of my daughters toys on Saturday in the 3 for 2 so only have a few bits to get her although I had to do battle with a JJ pug toy to switch it off because the bleeding thing was barking incessantly - I can see that being one toy that wont have extra batteries for it!

My sister in law just mentioned today as well that she is taking out a £2000 credit union loan to cover Christmas good grief. I cant imagine spending that much let alone getting into debt for Christmas! Either way we are off to Toys R Us on Friday (my only day off) and I think shes doing most her shopping then and I am hoping to pick up a few cheap bits for my daughter and get her stocking done.

Also have decided to get my husband a new bike jacket for Christmas - I don't mind spending money on bike kit for him though as its for his safety but I found the jacket he wants for £110 on ebay so thats him done once I have money in to buy it at the end of the month

Mother in laws boxset is put aside in my amazon basket as well ready to just click buy with and I have set myself a goal - I want to have all my Christmas shopping done by November 30th.......I was behind last year and turned into a stress head the week before Christmas and it retriggered my dizziness - I am determined to have a peaceful one this year.

Right off now to hairdry my trousers some more and get ready for my shift
    Back working and happy in my job
    ....Working on becoming Me ....
    Working on a Credit Rating!
    • Snorkypants
    • By Snorkypants 2nd Oct 17, 12:41 PM
    • 101 Posts
    • 1,027 Thanks
    Snorkypants
    Sammy_kaye, I've ironed clothes dry before, it works well.

Hello all! I posted last year but this year have just been reading along. But, I'm at the point in the year when I want to talk about Christmas and no-one will let me, so I need to be here with the other crazy people!

I'm not buying yet, I need to wait until people start telling me what they want. So at the moment I'm planning food, saving and crafting. Specifically, I'm working on these little guys https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/183803228521667427/ but I'm slow stitcher so it will take me right round to Christmas and I won't be joining in on the other prompts.

Things are going to be really different this year, Mum and Dad are coming round to ours instead of us going to them. So that's really exciting, I'm enjoying planning the feast!

And, we also have two new cats who are incredibly playful and mischievous. In their opinion pretty much anything that isn't nailed down is a cat toy, including but not limited to my hand cream, ornaments, vases, lego spaceships, grapes, cherries, our curtains, our shoes....you get the point. So I'm going to have to rethink some of our decorations. This could be interesting!

I'd better go back and catch up now, I'm pages behind!
    Emergency Fund Challenge Member #138 - £1000/£1000
    • Peppapig
    • By Peppapig 2nd Oct 17, 1:17 PM
    • 1,081 Posts
    • 14,415 Thanks
    Peppapig
    OMG SAMMYKAYE your sister in law is bonkers Get her signed up to MSE and see if some financial common sense rubs off on her. I think your goal of being all done by the end of November is one I'm going to copy which means I need to seriously get on with things over the next few weeks.

Welcome back SNORKY you can talk Christmas all you want here. Very jealous of your two kittens, I remember years ago my two used to knock the ornaments off the tree and play with the robbins. We had to redress it every morning (and occasionally pick it back up) but they were such fun.

ELLIE if you get any interesting discount codes do point us in the right direction. I used to follow the Grabbit board religiously but I seem to have got out of the habit, possibly because I was buying Bargains that I really didn't want or need (I'm so weak when something is a bargain).

BINSKY I know what you mean, DD went to see Mickey Flanagan in London the other week and my DGD (8) was really worried about her being there. So hard to draw the line between airbrushing it all out for them and worrying them silly. I love North Wales!

Doing a few diy bits around the house today and DH has just cleared up yet more leaves in the garden. I can really feel Autumn now, season of mists and mellow fruitfulness and all that. If it wasn't for the abundance of spiders I'd be really enjoying it. Happy Monday everyone.
    Last edited by Peppapig; 02-10-2017 at 1:24 PM.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year .....
    • Treasurequeen
    • By Treasurequeen 2nd Oct 17, 1:38 PM
    • 282 Posts
    • 3,110 Thanks
    Treasurequeen
    Had a good morning away from "the prison" got the last two tins of half price shortbread tins in M&S. Also got Turkish delight, and Elizabeth shaw mints. So they are stashed away in the Christmas cupboard. Got some lovely gold and black dots cocktail napkins for 25p in Sainsbury's clearance section too.

It will be my first Christmas with my kitten. Technically she turns one in November. But she's good at moment around house with my crystals so hopefully won't be so bad (touch wood). She's only allowed in the open plan lounge, diner and kitchen. So she's not allowed in bedroom or hall so I can put the special Christmas decorations in there.
    No buying unnecessary toiletries 2017
    Disabled and fabulous darlings!
    The £1000 emergency fund challenge #223
    £2 savers club 2017 no 32
    Sealed pot challenge #040
    • freespirit66
    • By freespirit66 2nd Oct 17, 2:08 PM
    • 2,608 Posts
    • 34,653 Thanks
    freespirit66
    Afternoon everyone, thankyou all for your lovely birthday wishes, I had a fab day with the family and was very spoilt, DD1 has booked us a weekend away in November, DS is taking me to Afternoon Tea at the Ritz (I am already panicking on what to wear), and DD2 got me a YC in Maple Pancakes, money for clothes, a bottle of Baileys and some flowers. We had a lovely Chinese takeaway so no cooking involved. Has anyone seen the Christmas yankee scents they are: Spiced White Cocoa, The Perfect Tree, Christmas Magic and Crackling Wood Fire

MANDCO thankyou my lovely I am fine and yes Thumper is growing up fast he is 3 in a few weeks! I like the sound of the Coca Cola Christmas wrapping paper

TREASUREQUEEN oh my lovely I cant believe you are still suffering this horrible abuse, I thought you had found someone to sort it all out. There must be somebody who can stop it and help you, keep your chin up, I know its hard but we are all here for you if you need to talk about it

ELLIEW8 haha that is funny your nan telling you off for the confetti, I love it

SAMMYKAYE omg a £2000 loan just for Christmas I think its a shame people feel they have to do this and then it is hanging over them for gawd knows how long. How is Nicky? Did you get your trousers dry in time?

SNORKYPANTS wow those gingerbread houses are lovely all cross stitched

PEPPAPIG the size of the spiders this year we have had two corkers in our LR so far

CURRENTLY READING SUMMER AT THE COMFORT CAFE -
    AMAZON VOUCHERS EARNED 2017 £115
    CHRISTMAS MONEY SAVED 2017 - £570/£667
    DEBT FREE DAY 20/6/2014
    • Snorkypants
    • By Snorkypants 2nd Oct 17, 5:18 PM
    • 101 Posts
    • 1,027 Thanks
    Snorkypants
    Freespirit - I really like the sound of the Spiced white Cocoa candle!

Peppapig - they aren't kittens! They are roughly two and a half but they don't seem to be growing up at all! I'm quite concerned about the tree, it's a small artificial one so quite light and I think it would go over easily. I've read you can tie the top of the tree to a nail using fishing line....not sure if I want to be making holes in the walls though.
    Emergency Fund Challenge Member #138 - £1000/£1000
    • Peppapig
    • By Peppapig 2nd Oct 17, 6:30 PM
    • 1,081 Posts
    • 14,415 Thanks
    Peppapig
    Glad you had a lovely birthday FREE, I wonder if your lot could talk to my lot before my birthday

Ha ha SNORKYPANTS it looks like your two are going to go straight from kitten to teenager.

TREASUREQUEEN glad you've been out for some Christmas shopping, a change of scene is always a good thing.

Done most of the diy bits so will hopefully finish tomorrow. I need time to play with the two 12th scale Christmas Market stalls I'm working on! One will be selling wooden ornaments and decorations and Gingerbread and the other will have beer, Gluhwein and some goody bits if I can get them (I'm thinking pretzels). I'm definitely thinking all things festive now and watched a couple of Christmas films yesterday.
    • mandco
    • By mandco 2nd Oct 17, 8:00 PM
    • 677 Posts
    • 8,715 Thanks
    mandco
    Freespirit glad you had a fab day & lots of treats to look forward too.
    the coca cola wrap is really nice and a bargain at £1 https://www.therange.co.uk/occasions/christmas/christmas-cards-and-gift-wrapping/gift-wrap/coca-cola-christmas-wrapping-paper/

Snorky welcome back. some cats never out grow the mischievous stage even last year when our boy was 6ish I still had to tie the tree to the wall as he insisted on climbing it and trying to swipe the baubles off. If you have a tree skirt you can try putting weighted bags over the legs underneath it to give it a bit more stability.

peppa any chance of pics once you've finisher your market stalls? Touch wood we haven't had any unwanted 8 legged visitors yet but last year we had loads

Treasurequeen sorry to hear things are still going on You probably already do but keep a diary of every incident it can take months to get anyone to do anything

Sammy £2000 loan just for xmas what are they buying? I do think there is so much pressure to have everything people feel they need to spend more than they really need to.
    Hope the trousers dried in time nothing worse than wearing damp clothes to work

MrsRyan sounds like your doing well on the xmas shopping front

ellie the range could def bust the wallet they have some beautiful stuff and alot of it is really reasonable too but that soon adds up.

Asda have large 80 litre storage boxes reduced to £5 might be useful for storing xmas extras
    They also have some of the xmas baking sets in cupcakes/ stacking cookie tree thing/ shortbread jumpers and a microwaveable snowman face cake

ordered a couple more games for taz today- the entertainer have some really good deals I got bee hive surprise reduced to £6 its usually around £20 full price.

Not that impressed with the M&S xmas tins so far this year they had the usual rotating xmas tree and a rocking santa which is basically the same as the penguin from last year.
    this year do something that scares you for courage is not the absence of fear just the knowledge that some things are worth the risk
    • sammy_kaye18
    • By sammy_kaye18 3rd Oct 17, 7:29 AM
    • 3,043 Posts
    • 18,954 Thanks
    sammy_kaye18
    OMG SAMMYKAYE your sister in law is bonkers Get her signed up to MSE and see if some financial common sense rubs off on her. I think your goal of being all done by the end of November is one I'm going to copy which means I need to seriously get on with things over the next few weeks.
    Originally posted by Peppapig
    It will only fall on deaf ears Im afraid Peppa. I have tried to convince her many times to sign up but she is so stubborn in her ways that she knows best. My MIL on the other hand is all for money saving so I guess that's good but I think the money spending side is her fathers trait - hes forever buying things off Ebay much to MILs annoyance.

I think November 31st is doable. I want to have the most done but I will make the exception to things I have ordered but the main things to shop for I would like to be done with. Obviously bar the food shop but even then I'm hoping to have most of it done by the middle of December. My in-laws veg shop on Christmas Eve most years at like 5am so I can tag along with them for the fresh last minute stuff I need

SAMMYKAYE omg a £2000 loan just for Christmas I think its a shame people feel they have to do this and then it is hanging over them for gawd knows how long. How is Nicky? Did you get your trousers dry in time?
    Originally posted by freespirit66
    Unfortunately as well she has three children that she has spoilt. I don't think I have ever heard them tell them no which obviously doesn't help matters. She lives well beyond her means. She owes us £100!
    Nicky is good - she has found her feet, the other two dogs are still getting use to her so we have had the odd warning but nothing has come of it so think its just a matter of time now.
    and no.....they were mostly dry apart from a rather uncomfortable damp patch round the bum. Luckily they are black but they soon dried out once I was wearing them.
    Back working and happy in my job
    ....Working on becoming Me ....
    Working on a Credit Rating!
    • girlinayellowdress
    • By girlinayellowdress 3rd Oct 17, 9:25 AM
    • 543 Posts
    • 8,365 Thanks
    girlinayellowdress
    Morning, still waiting for moving news, will it ever happen! Cannot see things being straight before Christmas. Did pick up some cocktail baubles yesterday and I had an email to say my gin ones have been dispatched, so if nothing else it will be an extremely merry christmas.
    COMPETITION WINS 2017
    game/switch, 4 cycles, bbq, garden set, fridge/cooler, 2 micro scooters, 4 hampers, 2 pairs shoes, terrarium, 2 magazine subscriptions, bee, bug and butterfly houses, doll, sylvanian families sets, bluetooth speaker, sodastream, £100 magazine comp, The Girl From The Tyne novel, 2 pairs sunglasses
    • LMG1305
    • By LMG1305 3rd Oct 17, 1:47 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 668 Thanks
    LMG1305
    Hi All

Quietly keeping up with the thread, reading how everybody is doing with Christmas shopping/preparations or just enjoying the autumn and the nights drawing in

I haven't really bought much for Christmas yet, but have been writing down ideas as I've been thinking of them. I think I mentioned previously that me & my sisters have agreed to a budget this year to spend on each other, so I have been trying to make this budget go as far as possible without ending up with it looking like cheap tat! I have a few craft ideas which in my head will look lovely, but I haven't actually started them yet so will have to see how they work out. The bits for that were only cheap though & most of it can be used for other craft projects anyway, so won't be a waste of money if I don't end up making them for Christmas gifts.

I am hoping to really make a good start on my Christmas shopping this month. I am going to start going through my list of ideas that I have come up with & cross them off my list as I get things bought & put away. My OH has tickets to go & watch the boxing at the end of October, so that will be a Saturday night that I can spend watching Christmas movies & wrapping gifts.

Things I want to try & do this week are to get to Home Bargains, start making some of the craft gifts I have in my head and write down my budget for everybody else I buy for at Christmas. Also I want to get a proper Christmas list off my daughters so I can start crossing things off the list and also let other people know some ideas when they start asking.
    • princesskitty29
    • By princesskitty29 3rd Oct 17, 2:15 PM
    • 846 Posts
    • 11,517 Thanks
    princesskitty29
    HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY freespirit! Although I did say it on Instagram so technically not late!

Peppa I haven’t hear from any of those guys, although I do get updates on Pinterest about what Fiesty is pinning! I used to get some great stuff from the Grabbit board but i've been quite disappointed with it this year.

mandcoand freespirit magic flannels are a great stocking filler!

Lazysheep oooh the Costa drinks sound yum!

murie good to hear you’re happy with your bedroom! I want all white furniture in my bedroom and I was gutted to find the dressing table is cream rather than white – DH doesn’t see what the big deal is!

lizalexander thanks for the heads up on the Boots catalogue – how exciting! Must pick that up next time I go.

04624181 enjoy your Christmas shopping trip – sounds fab!

mrsinvisible wow that is an early appointment for somewhere so far away! Good idea to make a trip of it, hope it all goes well.

Treasurequeen I am so sorry to hear what is happening to you, it must be so awful. Sending lots of hugs and we’re all behind you. Xx

Binksy I don’t know what’s close to you or how far you’re prepared to travel but have you checked out places like Legoland and Alton Towers etc?

Welcome back Mrs Ryan! I don’t know whay but it amused me that your DH wants a Dyson for Christmas! Nothing to do with gender, I’ve just never known anyone who wanted a vacuum cleaner for Christmas!

Welcome back Snorkypants! We’re hosting Christmas this year too instead of going to parents and I’m quite excited about it as well!

I’m well and truly getting into the Christmas spirit now. We went to the garden centre the other day and they have opened their Christmas section – so exciting! Although DH chastised me a bit for dragging Wiggle round and getting him all excited when Christmas is still a few months away. I told him he’ll have to get used to it as I’m always going to be ‘Christmas-mad mummy!’
    They had some fun glasses that you put on and when you look at fairy lights they turn them into different Christmas shapes, so I bought a reindeer pair for my nephew and a snowman pair to go in Wiggle’s stocking. I’ve bought a few more bits for my auntie’s food hamper, I love making food hampers! I’ve also planned quite a few more presents so it’s just a case of going out and buying them now or ordering online so I feel like I’m on track at the moment.

I really can't decide whether to do the Christmas elf or not. I know Wiggle would love it but I know that once i've started i'll have to keep it going and I don't know if i'll have the time/energy! But it's getting so popular now that if I don't do it Wiggle will probably hear about it from friends and wonder why the elf doesn't visit us!
    • StokieBecks
    • By StokieBecks 3rd Oct 17, 2:42 PM
    • 4,293 Posts
    • 25,264 Thanks
    StokieBecks
    Didn't know this place was here but just stumbled across and as I am super excited for Christmas just thought I would say hello

Christmas cards are almost all made along with a few homemade presents.

Christmas cupboard has been sorted today and all the bits I have bought so far are in there now

List is written with what I have already got /still to get for each person

Me and other half have potentially decided we want to change our decorations this year but we will see what we see before making a final decision
    • kabinsons1
    • By kabinsons1 3rd Oct 17, 2:45 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 89 Thanks
    kabinsons1
    Hi guys,
    Christmas is ever day and come with happiness in every year....
    Thanks.
    • lazysheep
    • By lazysheep 3rd Oct 17, 5:11 PM
    • 310 Posts
    • 3,549 Thanks
    lazysheep
    I happened to catch that QVC will have a Christmas weekend this weekend, starting at midnight Thursday (or Friday depending on how you look at it) and lasting the whole 3 days
    • mandco
    • By mandco 3rd Oct 17, 5:53 PM
    • 677 Posts
    • 8,715 Thanks
    mandco
    I really can't decide whether to do the Christmas elf or not. I know Wiggle would love it but I know that once i've started i'll have to keep it going and I don't know if i'll have the time/energy! But it's getting so popular now that if I don't do it Wiggle will probably hear about it from friends and wonder why the elf doesn't visit us!
    Originally posted by princesskitty29
    some people really go all out which is fab if you have the time but
    Our elves don't do stuff everyday maybe 2/3 times a week other days they just give gifts/messages - things like
    they left a xmas movie & some popcorn
    a letter saying we were going to do an activity
    a xmas story book or activity pack
    things we'd do anyway so no real extra effort involved
    this year do something that scares you for courage is not the absence of fear just the knowledge that some things are worth the risk
    • vulpix
    • By vulpix 3rd Oct 17, 9:16 PM
    • 775 Posts
    • 14,749 Thanks
    vulpix
    Hello Everybody old and new.

Loving that the thread is hotting up now.It is so nice to hear all the ideas for presents and activities for Children.

Free I cannot believe your little Grandson is almost 3,same goes for wiggle,I remember when he was just born.How old is Taz?

TQ I am also right behind you with your situation.You have always got friends here.x

Murie has your husband noticed that you have decorated yet?

Well I had a lovely weekend in Bonnie Scotland.We picked the car up in Glasgow and went over to Falkirk to see the amazing Kelpies and the canal wheel.I gave all the Scottish lassies a wave whilst I was there.We dodged all the bad weather and spent the late afternoon in Gretna Green at the Blacksmiths shop and a shopping outlet then onto Carlisle to collect DS from his GF's.

The new car is nice,but I have not been allowed to drive it yet.Mr V was in such a good mood that he didnt complain when I trailed him round B n M and The Range in Falkirk. The range was lovely,I bought a little Reindeer.I don't need any decorations ever again but I always buy a little some thing every year.

Me n my eldest daughter have just been talking about Christmas outings.She tells me the big garden centre near her has all its Christmas stuff out and we are planning to go to Chatsworth this year as it's so lovely at Christmas.The friends I took to Chester last year are already wanting to go again.Providing that I am allowed to drive the car by then.lol.

What time is kick off tomorrow for the group wrap?

Vx
    • PinkAngel8
    • By PinkAngel8 4th Oct 17, 8:57 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 141 Thanks
    PinkAngel8
    good morning all :-) M&S food ordering is live, Ive been checking every day and its suddenly there, looks amazing this year, have ordered my Oakham turkey crown, the Belgian melting pudding, prawn and salmon starter and the beef with mustard joint that we always have at New Year which is always amazing, got the slot I needed for collection, so job done! Our JS has some lovely advent calendars, stocking fillers etc, no cards yet, I got the qvc pack of gift bags with inbuilt ribbons which look amazing and will save time with wrapping, as kids and hubby stockings take me forever to wrap so can use my paper for those. I got House of Cards season 5 box set for hubby on release date Monday, and my daughters personalised calendar arrived from vistaprint came, am very happy with it! I pinched all her best photos from this year from her instagram :-) xx
    • Peppapig
    • By Peppapig 4th Oct 17, 9:07 AM
    • 1,081 Posts
    • 14,415 Thanks
    Peppapig
    GYD keeping everything crossed for your completion date and Wow to your competition wins, you must be very dedicated to doing them, how many do you do?

MANDCO thanks for the interest, I'll def try and post pics when the stalls are a bit further on. That was a good deal on the bee hive game. Going to be very selective about what the DGSs get this year (both have birthdays either side of Christmas too). Last year they got about a million miles of train track (ok may have exaggerated a little there) most of which only saw the light of day briefly before being sold on/given away. DD2 has told DGD (8) that a Christmas list must be things you really really want, not going through the toy catalogues picking everything that you might possibly like lol.

LMG it sounds like you're getting organised, hope you enjoy your visit to HB.

PRINCESSKITTY I know what you mean with the Elf - DGD is 8 now and the Elf will be visiting for the fourth year. She loves it and often talks about Rosie during the year. DD2 puts lots of effort into tricks every night but I think MANDCO is right, you can do as much or as little as you like. You're not going to enjoy the run up to Christmas if you're stressing about elf activities. Wiggle is still very young too. The first year DGD had hers she was four and I think she was quite wary of this creature that did things while she was asleep.

Welcome to the thread STOKIEBECKS.

Thanks for the heads up about the QVC weekend LAZYSHEEP.

VULPIX glad you enjoyed your visit to Scotland. Chatsworth is a bit far for me but I'll have a look to see if any of the houses nearer me are doing anything.

Nothing festive planned today but trip to B&Q this morning and having the DGSs after school/nursery so DD can sleep longer as she worked 12 hours last night and again tonight (she works in a hospice).
    • princesskitty29
    • By princesskitty29 4th Oct 17, 11:23 AM
    • 846 Posts
    • 11,517 Thanks
    princesskitty29
    Hi and welcome newbies!

mandco that’s a really good point actually, you don’t have to do something every day. That makes it feel more achievable!

vulpix glad you had a lovely time in Scotland! I’d love to go to Chatsworth House at Christmas but sadly don’t live close enough! I bet it’s lovely.

PinkAngel thanks for the heads up about M&S food ordering being live, I like to get some M&S bits at Christmas!

Peppa yes for some reason I never thought that I didn’t have to do something every day! I think I will wait for next year too when Wiggle is 4 as he might understand it a bit better then. Bless your DD, it must be hard working such long hours in such an emotionally demanding job.

I decided to go for a walk for Squeak’s nap this morning as I need to get some exercise and I couldn’t resist popping into the charity shop, which is fine except that I bought two more Christmas books! I got ‘Mistletoe Mansion’ by Samantha Tonge and ‘Mince Pies and Mistletoe at the Christmas Market’ by Heidi Swain. This is to add to the one I’m already reading on Kindle and the other two paperbacks I have on my bookshelf! For some reason I’m incapable of leaving Christmas books behind!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

183Posts Today

1,294Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin