Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • daffas6688
    • By daffas6688 22nd Dec 16, 10:14 PM
    • 74Posts
    • 27Thanks
    daffas6688
    pcm parking ticket but disabled
    • 22nd Dec 16, 10:14 PM
    pcm parking ticket but disabled 22nd Dec 16 at 10:14 PM
    I have recieved a parking ticket on a private housing estate. The company is Parking Control Management of Slough. It isn't a police or official council one.
    I have a bad back and have difficulty in walking, some days worse than others. This particular day I went to collect my grand daughter from after school club, and was in particular pain, so didn't park 400 yards away in supermarket as I usually do. The school is on a private housing estate , with no provision near school for disabled parking. I sat in my car , on a bit of pavement, not even double yellow lines. I was in the vehicle with the badge displayed. I was too busy looking in school door to notice someone taking a photo of my car!I was there for 2 to 3 minutes.I know I have to appeal but want to know about this clause on their notice quoting Protections of Freedoms Act Schedule 4. I feel this is unfair to people with blue badges and my car was causing no trouble at all. What should I say in the appeal which I know will get thrown out. I feel like saying take me to court to save the hassle as believe they don't like doing that as it costs them too much. Also I feel I would win anyway. Any advice please.Thanks Dee
Page 6
    • daffas6688
    • By daffas6688 9th Sep 17, 9:21 AM
    • 74 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    daffas6688
    Morning. I am editing version of witness statement with Coupon-mad's help. I just need advice from anyone about before I try and get it in the post today. Do I include my original appeal to PCM? The evidence I gave to MCOL business centre or will my local court already have that? Also do I include the refusal to cancel parking charge from Estate manager? Any advise gratefully received. Thank you
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Sep 17, 12:26 PM
    • 50,061 Posts
    • 63,461 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Include everything you might want to talk about and rely on. If you attached evidence to the first defence you should not have done, and it's needed now. Your local court will not have it.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• daffas6688
    • By daffas6688 10th Sep 17, 8:59 PM
    • 74 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    daffas6688
    Sorry to be a pain but can't seem to work out what email address for Gladstones Knutsford to forward my witness statement etc to. The only one I have if for payment. Online I can only find one for enquiries. Anyone got any ideas?
    • daffas6688
    • By daffas6688 13th Sep 17, 8:56 PM
    • 74 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    daffas6688
    Have sent my w/s etc to the court. As for emailing Gladstones with the exact same I have hit a problem.I have phoned several times but both their telephone lines go onto a queue with music, on a promise that ' your call is important to us'. I wanted to enquire about what email address to forward it to. I have sent to their enquiries email address as the payment one would be of no good. I asked them to acknowledge my emails , but surprise surprise no reply. Do you think they do this to make you worry? Maybe they do this regularly. Can only hope that maybe I will finally get through.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Sep 17, 9:05 PM
    • 50,061 Posts
    • 63,461 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Post it then?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,371Posts Today

6,050Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin