Completely Crazy Clothes Challenge 2017

Comments

• Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Floss wrote: »
    I find that MrT's can be good for bra's, also Sainsbugs.

Thank you, I might pop down to the big store this weekend and have a look :)
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Wearing a t-shirt I 'accidentally' won on fleabay last week - £4.50 for an A&F t-shirt. Will come in useful I think.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Hi everyone
    I almost bought a dress last night, but decided to sleep on it. When I looked at it this morning I realised it was a bit boring, it was the same shape in a different print as another one I have and I didn't really love it. It certainly didn't spark joy.
    Plus I shouldn't be buying things in the size I need now... should be putting my energies into getting into the stuff I already own!
    Easier said than done sometimes!
    Have a nice day
    Fashion on the Ration 2020 - 5/66 spent
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 882 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hello, so I joined last year.... and sorta kinda fell off the wagon...
    I'm a little late to start but I'm in ! I don't think I've bought any yet this year, well apart from my dress for next Christmas but not counting that.... as I've been really good and bought it 3 sizes smaller as an incentive to get into!

So my rules for this year are..... I can spend gift vouchers, buy boots because I've just condemned some, and underwear.
    But after that I can only spend what I've made from ebay sales, I've lost 2 and a half stone since last may so plenty that don't fit now just need the motivation to sell them! And I can only buy things if they are smaller than I currently have! lol x
    I hope you know your capable, & brave, & significant.
    even when it feels like your not....
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 882 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I'm another vote for supermarket bras, I've found sains to be a bit iffy on fit definitely a try on job. As*da is my firm favourite, their £4 ones I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!! especially when they are on sale for £2 :|they have so many colours and they last a really long time, I've actually not had to get rid of any because they wore out only because they don't fit now, :) x
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    I must admit I am a VS convert for bras - although they aren't budget. I spent ages trying one on in there - its non-wired from their 'lounge bra' range and sooooo comfy.

My other t-shirt bras are from primarni, though a couple of those have seen better days.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,396 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    pixtotts wrote: »
    Hello, so I joined last year.... and sorta kinda fell off the wagon...
    I'm a little late to start but I'm in ! I don't think I've bought any yet this year, well apart from my dress for next Christmas but not counting that.... as I've been really good and bought it 3 sizes smaller as an incentive to get into!

So my rules for this year are..... I can spend gift vouchers, buy boots because I've just condemned some, and underwear.
    But after that I can only spend what I've made from ebay sales, I've lost 2 and a half stone since last may so plenty that don't fit now just need the motivation to sell them! And I can only buy things if they are smaller than I currently have! lol x

Welcome aboard, you are no. 34. Good luck with getting into the incentive purchase; I still can't get into mine from 2012 and have gone the other way! Oops.
  • Brand new bikini - £1.00 CS
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • 32b3in2013
    32b3in2013 Posts: 2,440 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Hello

today I went in Zara to look at the kids clothes. I had to pass through the women's range to get there.

There are loads of things in the new season range which I want, but I stayed strong, and didn't buy anything.

The project 333 period begins again on 1 April, and I should be shuffling around clothes that are not appropriate for the next season, so maybe I will treat myself to something from Zara then. If I still want the items then, then I think I can justify them :D

Usually, i would have bought everything i wanted from there and blown my budget and also the project 333 limits, so I think today was a positive day :D

I hope everyone is well.

32b3
    SPC9 #125 - £816.85
    SPC10 #125 - £851.81
    SPC 11 #7 - £968.46
    SPC 12 #7 - £2682.90
    SPC 13 #7 - £4829.85
    SPC 14 #7 - £4173.30
  • Kim_13 wrote: »
    Welcome aboard, you are no. 34. Good luck with getting into the incentive purchase; I still can't get into mine from 2012 and have gone the other way! Oops.

Thanks Kim :) I have definitely done that in the past! and after the weekend I've had I'll be lucky if this years any different! Sort of an early valentines, think cheese with every course... lol

My sister has a trip to Primarni planned next week, and I REALLY need new PJ bottoms, we're talking too big, holes, or elastic in waists gone, so mega listing on ebay tomorrow to hopefully sell something so I can get some...

On a more positive note I would like to claim me a gold star, I have a trip to London (Work) in March, and I've figured out already what I'm going to wear each day from things I already have, so no need for anything and I'll be able to pack a little lighter than usual... maybe....hopefully! haha x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport