Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Karim786
    • By Karim786 17th Dec 16, 5:19 PM
    • 13Posts
    • 4Thanks
    Karim786
    Smart Parking Ltd Charge arrived today how can I appeal correctly
    • 17th Dec 16, 5:19 PM
    Smart Parking Ltd Charge arrived today how can I appeal correctly 17th Dec 16 at 5:19 PM
    Firstly wish to say Hello to all members and sorry for signing up new only to make a post but will try to be a valued member and committed as always gain the best information from here to help with many other matters.

Now on to the ticket:

the ticker arrived today from Smart Parking Ltd and was issued after my mum had parked on the 10th of this month at Hayes Matalan London i believe UB3..

The problem is my mother I am sure paid the ticket and parked but I believe she did not correctly enter her reg number as the keypad on these machines are really bad for the elderly and she has poor eyesight. Unfortunately she didnt keep any part of her ticket as I would do the same snd throw this away. I went into the store today on behalf of my mum to complain to the store manager who said she cannot do anything for me which got me more angry as I said the part of the ticket they take back for a refund should be with them to prove that my mum may have made a genuine mistake.

The other unfortunate part is that my mum did not use her card or membership card to pay for her items which has made it very difficult to have any items to present for a appeal.

I ask for you to please simply let me know If there is a way I can appeal or if there is nothing I can do but pay?

I tried to upload an image link but wasnt allowed
    Last edited by Karim786; 17-12-2016 at 5:24 PM.
Page 2
    • Karim786
    • By Karim786 12th Mar 17, 12:45 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Karim786
    I just replied but didnt realise was a private message
    • Karim786
    • By Karim786 12th Mar 17, 12:46 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Karim786
    My dad ended up giving in and paid the fine as we had no reply and he began to worry about them increasing the fine. I wanted to wait it out but coulnt argue with my old man and his ways
    • Karim786
    • By Karim786 12th Mar 17, 12:47 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Karim786
    I complained to both Matalan headquarters and just had a reply saying nothing to do with us only way is to appeal and the smart parking people sent nothing in return
    • Snowtime1
    • By Snowtime1 12th Mar 17, 3:40 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Snowtime1
    I complained to both Matalan headquarters and just had a reply saying nothing to do with us only way is to appeal and the smart parking people sent nothing in return
    Originally posted by Karim786

Thanks for replying. I raised my own post and will update it as we go along.
    At the moment they haven't acknowledged the online appeal!
    • Karim786
    • By Karim786 12th Mar 17, 3:42 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Karim786
    Yeh I think they usually delay it until after the period of increasing the fine has passed, which is when my dad gave in. But I think with whats said on this site you have to wait it out and follow their guidlines to which the company will give in knowing that there is nothing they can do besides cancel charge or pay more to claim debt. Good luck with it and hope you hear something soon
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 12th Mar 17, 3:52 PM
    • 38,898 Posts
    • 77,627 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    My dad ended up giving in and paid the fine as we had no reply and he began to worry about them increasing the fine. I wanted to wait it out but coulnt argue with my old man and his ways

It is not a fine. It was never a fine. It was never going to cost your Dad anything if you/he had followed the advice on here. The amount your Dad had to pay was never going to increase above zero.

What a waste of money, and a waste of time for the people who told you how to appeal and win this.

Smart Parking do not do court. They do not know how to do court.

Your Dad has now funded a bunch of scammers who now have more money to go on scamming more people.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 12-03-2017 at 3:55 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Karim786
    • By Karim786 12th Mar 17, 3:57 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Karim786
    Well to be honest wasnt a waste of time as for me I will be using this method but for an old school person its hard to change their ways.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Mar 17, 5:26 PM
    • 45,809 Posts
    • 58,778 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Well to be honest wasnt a waste of time as for me I will be using this method but for an old school person its hard to change their ways.
    OMG he paid. OMG he paid. I can't believe it. So sad.

It was Smart Parking, who ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS lose at POPLA v a forum appeal.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Karim786
    • By Karim786 12th Mar 17, 5:36 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Karim786
    Yeh I know, I tried telling my dad but just got into a never ending argument so just left him to deal with it. If it was mine personally I would have waited it out but my parents are easily scared into believeing there is no way out but paying up.
    • Karim786
    • By Karim786 12th Mar 17, 5:40 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Karim786
    I really do appreciate all the effort everyone who helped put in for me and please hope nobody does feel that is was a waste of time. I assure you it has been a great help for me in learning not to pay up and deal with things correctly via the appeal and learning he correct methods of appealing.

Thanks to all for providing the info
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Mar 17, 6:01 PM
    • 45,809 Posts
    • 58,778 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    No worries - I hear you...at least you know what's what and might be able to stop other family & friends falling victim to one of these in future (although not all firms can be beaten the same way).
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 12th Mar 17, 6:02 PM
    • 5,075 Posts
    • 6,302 Thanks
    beamerguy
    I really do appreciate all the effort everyone who helped put in for me and please hope nobody does feel that is was a waste of time. I assure you it has been a great help for me in learning not to pay up and deal with things correctly via the appeal and learning he correct methods of appealing.

Thanks to all for providing the info
    Sounds like your dad is part of the old school where any type of debt
    scares them.
    You need to impress on your dad that this was never a debt, he was scammed.

Hopefully he will now be fully aware of the parking scam and to be wise in future
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Karim786
    • By Karim786 12th Mar 17, 6:22 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Karim786
    I will do, thanks for all the help from everyone.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

413Posts Today

4,320Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin