Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dolly123
    • By Dolly123 14th Dec 16, 9:14 PM
    • 21Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Dolly123
    Speeding fine refunded then nothing heard
    • 14th Dec 16, 9:14 PM
    Speeding fine refunded then nothing heard 14th Dec 16 at 9:14 PM
    Advice please...

Basically i got caught speeding in Feb by a camera doing 41 in a 30mph on the 4.30am on Sunday then again at the same speed camera the following thursday doing 43mph at a similar time (yes yes i know I'm a wally, i drive past this camera every day on my way to work!)

Now when i received the summons through the post rang up and paid them both and then sent my licence off to Essex for my points to be put on.

Then in September i noticed £100 had been put into my account from the courts service i had no idea what it was from so did a bit of googling and found out that i should of sent my licence off, then received it back and sent it back to them to put the second lot of points on

I immediately started to panic and rang them and only to be told that yes i should of sent my licence off twice i asked to be speak to someone straight away to let them know what i had done and they said that i couldn't speak to anyone and that i had to wait and that i would be receiving a court summons

Its now December and I've not heard a thing what should i do? i checked my driving licence recently and i only have 3 points on my licence???
Page 2
    • Dolly123
    • By Dolly123 19th Mar 17, 7:47 AM
    • 21 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Dolly123
    I've just checked and there is still only 3 points not 6, its over a year since the original offence (18th feb) and 6 months since the money was refunded into my account (10th sept)
    • Dolly123
    • By Dolly123 19th Mar 17, 3:15 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Dolly123
    I spoke to a Traffic Offence Lawyer today and he said they only have 6months days to send me a summons ???
    • Johnmcl7
    • By Johnmcl7 19th Mar 17, 3:44 PM
    • 2,255 Posts
    • 1,475 Thanks
    Johnmcl7
    I spoke to a Traffic Offence Lawyer today and he said they only have 6months days to send me a summons ???
    Originally posted by Dolly123
    That's incorrect, the six month limit is for submitting the information to court (which they often do close to the six month limit) but the limit doesn't apply to sending the summons out which can be a good few weeks after. That said, while sometimes summons can take up to seven or eight months it sounds like it's past the point any action is going to be taken. You've said the FPN was rejected around the six month mark so they possibly didn't manage to lay the information with the courts in time.

If the person you spoke to was a genuine traffic lawyer it's concerning they don't even understand the basic process.

John
    • Mercdriver
    • By Mercdriver 19th Mar 17, 3:44 PM
    • 935 Posts
    • 625 Thanks
    Mercdriver
    Originally posted by Dolly123
    They have 6 months from the offence date to lay information. It can be some weeks after that that a summons is sent out. Go to pepipoo and ask questions there.
    • Dolly123
    • By Dolly123 8th Apr 17, 9:24 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Dolly123
    Its been 14 months since the offence now and I've not heard a thing though chaps?
    • waamo
    • By waamo 8th Apr 17, 10:12 PM
    • 1,528 Posts
    • 1,746 Thanks
    waamo
    I would think you've got lucky. Whilst a summons might be over the 6 month mark it's unlikely to take this long.

You could always ring the court and ask them if an information has been laid.
    This space for hire.
    • Dolly123
    • By Dolly123 9th Apr 17, 7:47 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Dolly123
    Hopefully! Still not convinced as I'm not that lucky!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,801Posts Today

6,388Users online

Martin's Twitter