Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dolly Rocker
    • By Dolly Rocker 14th Dec 16, 3:12 PM
    • 3,330Posts
    • 9,428Thanks
    Dolly Rocker
    0.50p savers 2017
    • 14th Dec 16, 3:12 PM
    0.50p savers 2017 14th Dec 16 at 3:12 PM
    Hey all,

Continuing on from last years challenge we will be running the 0.50p savers again in 2017.

Link to last years thread - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5408671

If you would like to join in let me know.

I am adding my own reason in for saving these 0.50p's so you can feel free to do the same if you want.

Dxxx
    Goals
    Debt free by Christmas 2017
    Save for Christmas 2017
    Goal weight of 10st 7lbs by Christmas
    Add to deposit savings
Page 6
    • Dolly Rocker
    • By Dolly Rocker 14th Aug 17, 1:56 PM
    • 3,330 Posts
    • 9,428 Thanks
    Dolly Rocker
    Excellent!

Dxxx
    Goals
    Save for Christmas 2017
    Add to deposit savings
    • I Love comps
    • By I Love comps 27th Aug 17, 8:16 AM
    • 778 Posts
    • 2,343 Thanks
    I Love comps
    1 x 50p. Total Now £18.50
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping Boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are my own and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board Guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • tattycath
    • By tattycath 27th Aug 17, 9:25 AM
    • 6,803 Posts
    • 35,745 Thanks
    tattycath
    I have lost track to be honest.
    I have acquired Mrs twiggy winkle and squirrel Nutkin.
    GE 36 *MFD
    MFIT-T4 No 106
    Mortgage overpayments: August: £203.90
    July : £5.05/£200 grocery 1/7/17 £98.36/£150
    Emergency savings £67.00/£2000
    Savercard Christmas savings £60
    12/3/17 175lb - 15/3/17 173lb - 28/6/17 167lb - 14/7/17 164lb - 12/9/17 160lb
    • I Love comps
    • By I Love comps 3rd Sep 17, 9:48 AM
    • 778 Posts
    • 2,343 Thanks
    I Love comps
    1 x 50p. Total Now £19
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping Boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are my own and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board Guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Dolly Rocker
    • By Dolly Rocker 3rd Sep 17, 9:58 AM
    • 3,330 Posts
    • 9,428 Thanks
    Dolly Rocker
    Yay I love comps I added a few to my tin yesterday.

Any coins we have are going to be saved and will pay for our anniversary trip that we take every year.

Will just count them as they fill, I always get tempted to count them early but then I want to empty them so I am just going to leave them!

Dxxx
    Goals
    Save for Christmas 2017
    Add to deposit savings
    • I Love comps
    • By I Love comps 7th Sep 17, 7:03 AM
    • 778 Posts
    • 2,343 Thanks
    I Love comps
    2 x 50ps. Total Now £20.
    • Dolly Rocker
    • By Dolly Rocker 7th Sep 17, 10:44 AM
    • 3,330 Posts
    • 9,428 Thanks
    Dolly Rocker

Dxxx
    Goals
    Save for Christmas 2017
    Add to deposit savings
    • I Love comps
    • By I Love comps 10th Sep 17, 10:11 AM
    • 778 Posts
    • 2,343 Thanks
    I Love comps
    Another 50p. Now on £20.50

The reason I count them is once I get enough to bank, I deposit the money into my savings where I know I cannot be tempted to spend it and my little amount of money also earns a bit of interest too.
    • Dolly Rocker
    • By Dolly Rocker 10th Sep 17, 5:57 PM
    • 3,330 Posts
    • 9,428 Thanks
    Dolly Rocker
    Yeah that's a good idea.

I decided to count all my smoosh, I'm going to keep a track of what I put in each week so that I know more or less what is in there.

Means when we need to start booking for our anniversary trip next year we know what we have.

Dxxx
    Goals
    Save for Christmas 2017
    Add to deposit savings
    • Poor_Single_lady
    • By Poor_Single_lady 19th Sep 17, 9:38 PM
    • 1,007 Posts
    • 3,693 Thanks
    Poor_Single_lady
    I haven't counted mine but pot is heavy. I might not cash out at year end. Might keep going into the new year. I know that wasn't really the aim of the challenge but I quite like my box of 50ps under the telly.

So might just carry on till I have £100 rather than to the end of year. Then I might try this with £1 coins instead or as well. Or maybe that it a bit ambitious for someone that has no savings. Will see.

Thank you Dolly for running this and for all the support and good will you bring to us. xxx
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
    • Dolly Rocker
    • By Dolly Rocker 20th Sep 17, 8:41 AM
    • 3,330 Posts
    • 9,428 Thanks
    Dolly Rocker
    I'm gonna save mine all the way through till August 2018.

We use them to pay for all or part of our anniversary trip.

You're welcome PSL.

Dxxx
    Goals
    Save for Christmas 2017
    Add to deposit savings
    • I Love comps
    • By I Love comps 24th Sep 17, 3:56 PM
    • 778 Posts
    • 2,343 Thanks
    I Love comps
    Another 50p. Now on £21
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,823Posts Today

7,179Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin