Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 14th Dec 16, 5:00 AM
    • 783Posts
    • 1,952Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    If i can earn funds from surveys anyone can
    • 14th Dec 16, 5:00 AM
    If i can earn funds from surveys anyone can 14th Dec 16 at 5:00 AM
    Hi Guys i am starting a new journal i am in the process of closing my former journal/account down.

I will post on my former debt free diary so people know who i am soon. I recently went through a separation so things are not great at the moment.

Alot of the guys will know me as the survey guru lol

I will post again soon
    Last edited by Scott_Weiland; 25-01-2018 at 1:47 PM.
Page 32
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 14th Feb 18, 10:05 AM
    • 783 Posts
    • 1,952 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    So, so pleased to hear from you Scott although I'm so sorry about the lows that you found yourself in at the weekend. Really grateful to your friend who was there for you in your time of need and that you're starting to feel human again.

Keep talking, keep seeing your friends and keep those meds on the go and hopefully that combination will help you get back to being yourself again. We're all hear to lend an ear if you ever need it!
    Originally posted by JoJoC
    Thanks JOJOC I am packing in drinking as last week from finishing work I supped well enough to make a scotsman proud lol
    Cashback Earnings YTD £33.31 Survey Earnings YTD £177.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
    • JoJoC
    • By JoJoC 14th Feb 18, 10:10 AM
    • 1,530 Posts
    • 5,300 Thanks
    JoJoC
    haha yes, we do have that reputation! And we do live up to that reputation sometimes! But i agree, in the place you're in right now it seems like a wise decision to make.
    CC1: £3804.52 / £3544.32 £300.20 paid | CC2:£5027.53 / £4781 £295 paid | Loan: £15,000 / £11,954 (£3,156 paid)

July debt total: £23,832.05 | New debt total: £20,129 | Total debt paid: £3,703 (16%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
    • camz2017
    • By camz2017 14th Feb 18, 10:37 AM
    • 342 Posts
    • 588 Thanks
    camz2017
    SCOTT!! I can't believe you got that low that's awful. Things always get better and please remember that buddy.

You shouldn't give a damn about the ex's in all honesty, focus on getting yourself straight and the best version of you, once you get there (which you absolutely will do), all of your relationships will work out much better. I think stop introducing new women into your life until you are 100%

I'm a total j*erk to women you need to learn from me haha.

Drop me a PM if you want my mobile number mate.
    BC 0/15305.83 MBNA: 0/11231.16 TESCO 0/822.87 LOAN 0/4272.67
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 14th Feb 18, 11:05 AM
    • 783 Posts
    • 1,952 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Sent you mine via pm camz
    • Cumbria lass
    • By Cumbria lass 14th Feb 18, 11:08 AM
    • 1,372 Posts
    • 7,851 Thanks
    Cumbria lass
    Forget women for the time being , think only of yourself . Try and get your driving test passed , this will open up more ways to get out. Plus it might help you get another job if you wanted. I think you need to move forward rather than keep looking back . This is hard I know I have experience of this !

Glad to hear you are doing surveys .

Have a better day .
    Jan 2018 CC1 £3099 CC2 £220

Debt Free Nov 2019: earlier if I have my way
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 14th Feb 18, 11:50 AM
    • 1,154 Posts
    • 7,031 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Drop me a PM if you want my mobile number mate.
    Originally posted by camz2017
    Likewise mate
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 15th Feb 18, 7:28 AM
    • 1,154 Posts
    • 7,031 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Morning

Have a grand day today mate
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 15th Feb 18, 9:35 AM
    • 783 Posts
    • 1,952 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    I will Scotty

I have just finished at the gym, work gave me a couple of days off I had to make an awkward phone call to my boss and she came and seen me at home. I am returning Monday but just for 2 nights instead of four then back to normal the following week. This last week I have felt !!!!!!! stupid.

Survey wise nowts dropped yet.
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 16th Feb 18, 7:36 AM
    • 783 Posts
    • 1,952 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Well I am up nice and sharp I think its gym o clock nearly. I just wanna forget the other night but I am feeling much improved.

I have being up since 5 two meals down and a load of surveys lol still nothing dropping but I am waiting on a 50 cheque and 25 from opinium just you watch it will fall on my payday lol.
    • JoJoC
    • By JoJoC 16th Feb 18, 10:24 AM
    • 1,530 Posts
    • 5,300 Thanks
    JoJoC
    Don't feel stupid Scott - it's one of those things and the fact that you're looking back at it with regret already is a positive thing. It shows that it was a mistake and that you're already improving in your state of mind. Just keep at it

You sound positive today - enjoy your work outs!

My body is completely aching after kettlebells then yoga on Wednesday then a HIIT workout and abs class last night...it hurts to sit, to stand...it just all hurts!
    CC1: £3804.52 / £3544.32 £300.20 paid | CC2:£5027.53 / £4781 £295 paid | Loan: £15,000 / £11,954 (£3,156 paid)

July debt total: £23,832.05 | New debt total: £20,129 | Total debt paid: £3,703 (16%)
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 17th Feb 18, 12:45 PM
    • 783 Posts
    • 1,952 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Yeah I am trying to stay that way ie up. I was at the Newcastle Falcons game last night and I didn't drink either. Good night although I didn't walk through the door till 3am walk of shame lol What happens after a Falcons game with opposition Bath fans that are female stays secret lol

Got up this morning 11.70 dropped from topcashback result x

Have a good Saturday everyone.
    • Seasidegal58
    • By Seasidegal58 17th Feb 18, 6:55 PM
    • 1,582 Posts
    • 9,424 Thanks
    Seasidegal58
    Scott I’m so sorry to hear about what you’ve been through but you sound so much better now.

As the others have said - keep training and taking your meds - although from your last post I gather that you didn’t take on board camz and Cumbria’s rather good advice of laying off the women for now..........

Have a great weekend.
    SSGx
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017

Next Scrimpy Goal - Save for New Kitchen!
    My diary: “Paid off the £31,0000! BUT- still scrimping!”
    • louby40
    • By louby40 18th Feb 18, 8:25 AM
    • 1,285 Posts
    • 3,529 Thanks
    louby40
    Scott, another online friend hoping you are feeling better.

I've had my share of heartache regarding relationships. Keep strong

Louby
    Emergency fund £803/£1000. Christmas savings £150/£600 Car maintenance £164/600
    Chip savings £96.45 TOTAL savings = £1213
    Kitchen July £12,493 JAN £9,493
    Barclaycard £1000
    Car loan £2490 Mortgage £94,193
    TOTAL DEBT (with mortgage) = £107,176 (without mortgage) = £12,983
    • Cumbria lass
    • By Cumbria lass 18th Feb 18, 8:38 AM
    • 1,372 Posts
    • 7,851 Thanks
    Cumbria lass
    Keep away from those ladies for the moment .

I am 42 points of dropping £50 on you gov , hope it happens soon.
    £4.00 valued opinions
    £17.60 on one poll
    P A has fell out with me again.

Take care.

• Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 19th Feb 18, 10:44 PM
    • 783 Posts
    • 1,952 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Not really i am a mess, but day at a time.
    • JoJoC
    • By JoJoC 20th Feb 18, 9:25 AM
    • 1,530 Posts
    • 5,300 Thanks
    JoJoC
    Keep your chin up and try to do things that are good for you - fresh air, working out, talking to friends.

Did you get anywhere eventually with the GP?

Thinking of you and wishing you a speedy return to where you want to be.

• UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 20th Feb 18, 2:58 PM
    • 1,154 Posts
    • 7,031 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Keep on keeping on mate
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 21st Feb 18, 2:52 AM
    • 783 Posts
    • 1,952 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Haha re gp no it was just a prescription for meds and bog off and get on with it. I am back on meds but its really slow.

I havent trained since last week but i am going after work ie 8am today. I am trying to get myself sorted but at the minute its not easy.I am smoking again like a chimney.

Please please dont think my mood issues was purely down to lasses etc it was a factor but not everything. See next paragraph.

I was out with my best mate on monday afternoon for a walk and spilled my guts to her, a few things have happened lately that have dropped me to my knees. An old friend got in touch who i fell out with well before my son was born about 18 years ago. We had fallen out basically because i am sorry to admit this but i kicked the sxxt outta him when i found out he was cheating with my ex partner behind my back.

We met for a coffee on friday in the afternoon and sunday afternoon but after this i made the decision he was well not someone who had changed.

He was quite a big factor in lots of other thing going to the dogs, ie a relationship breakdown, a breakdown of relations with my parents, falling out with mutual friends, and alot of stress that came as a result of this. People who know me from my huskyrunner user name will know i have nothing to do with my parents. I wont go into the full specifics but in short when i split with my sons mam they kicked me out, took my ex's side and made my life hell for about 4-5 years on and off. They supported her and were of the opinion you stay with your partner come hell or high water if a kids involved. I am extremely stubborn my mam is a major league control freak, when i said basically stuff you and left they were not bothered but a year or two later my ex told my parents where to go. As a result i was expected to let them see my son through me i said no so basically they caused me so so much hassle. You dont kick someone out then expect in the next breath for them to forgive. They caused me so many problems from here going forward as i wanted nothing to do with either. ie arsey voicemails, texts, emails, try to cause me issues at work, giving new partners grief, randomly turning up at my work etc etc etc

I dont know if people will understand this but a lot stuff came to the surface that i had locked away and not dealt with. Net result on monday gone it happening nearly again, i called my best mate and talked everything though we spent 5 hours talking and i am nearly okay again. I just need to pack a few things in, ciggys and women lol.
    Last edited by Scott_Weiland; Yesterday at 2:56 AM.
    • Cumbria lass
    • By Cumbria lass 21st Feb 18, 6:25 AM
    • 1,372 Posts
    • 7,851 Thanks
    Cumbria lass
    You are having a rough time at the moment. Sometimes though no matter how hard it is , you have to leave the past behind and move forward. You seemed to be doing really well after you went back to work last year. Your son is still in your life which is brilliant, family can be a nightmare sometimes.

It's difficult to comment sometimes on your situation as I have never been in it , but hope when you read mine and other peoples we help somewhat.

We are cyber friends , but we are always here .

Enjoy the gym, are you getting the bike out soon ?

• JoJoC
    • By JoJoC 21st Feb 18, 9:30 AM
    • 1,530 Posts
    • 5,300 Thanks
    JoJoC
    Gosh Scott, it really sounds like a tough time all round, but in a way it might be good that you met that ex-friend and a lot of the repressed stuff was brought up. It was likely to boil up at some point, so may as well be now?

RE: the GP, I'm glad you got a script, but i wonder if you should go back and try to see another GP to talk through how best to deal with your feelings? My mum has had mental health issues over the last 20 years and the only reason that she got through it was through finding a supportive GP in her practice who really listened and did his best to help. She saw a counsellor who helped with some of her childhood issues and she went for CBT for anxiety, as well as medication and family support. I suppose what I'm getting at is that a GP isn't just there for meds so if you're able to identify a really good GP in your practice, it might make all the difference to the support you receive.

Hope you're being kind to yourself.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

140Posts Today

2,173Users online

Martin's Twitter