Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 14th Dec 16, 5:00 AM
    • 659Posts
    • 1,629Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Fall too Pieces
    • 14th Dec 16, 5:00 AM
    Fall too Pieces 14th Dec 16 at 5:00 AM
    Hi Guys i am starting a new journal i am in the process of closing my former journal/account down.

I will post on my former debt free diary so people know who i am soon. I recently went through a separation so things are not great at the moment.

Alot of the guys will know me as the survey guru lol

I will post again soon
    Last edited by Scott_Weiland; 14-12-2016 at 8:23 AM.
Page 26
    • Seasidegal58
    • By Seasidegal58 17th Nov 17, 8:49 PM
    • 1,173 Posts
    • 6,596 Thanks
    Seasidegal58
    Hope you have a good weekend with J!

Surveys are dire for me at the moment. Been stuck on £8.75 with PA for what seems like forever. Opiniium at c.£4.5 and One Poll at £11.75. You Gov - still not a quarter of the way there!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017

Next Scrimpy Goal - Save for New Kitchen!
    My debt free diary - " Paid off the £31,000 - BUT still scrimping!"
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 17th Nov 17, 10:31 PM
    • 877 Posts
    • 5,107 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Hi guys sorry for the gap in posting i am back on nights 4 on 4 off, i promise i will try and be more active on my days off.

I am doing great me and J are together but its a new J if that makes sense. The lass i dated a few weeks back turned out to be a tad mental. she was i am sorry to say a player. I got cancelled on the middle of last week, i then did some discreet facebook digging. Are people stupid it turns out via a friend of hers with an open facebook i founds pics of J1 with another bloke bye bye.

Now then re new J i feel abit weird here she started chatting with me on a dating website at the weekend. We have being out 3 times, coffee/lunch on sunday, then i cooked for her here on tuesday, and we went for a meal lastnight. Everything is going brilliant, we are heading to the flicks tonight. Uncannyscot will love this she is 36, Scottish and is so much easier to talk to than the last J lol.

re surveys i havent done many i have being a busy lad i think i dropped 2.50 from opinion outpost earlier in the week and thats it.
    Originally posted by Scott_Weiland
    Oh Aye, abso-bloody-lutely mate

BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 21st Nov 17, 5:23 AM
    • 659 Posts
    • 1,629 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Thought you would like that one lol she is from Edinburgh originally but her family are all rugby nuts that live nearer Jedburgh.
    Debts 15981.64 total paid 2078
    Cashback Earnings YTD £167.28 Survey Earnings YTD £552.88
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 21st Nov 17, 5:49 AM
    • 659 Posts
    • 1,629 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Right my update for today i am just on the peasant wagon home from work i got an early flyer. Once i am home thats me done until Thursday night.

Money wise first putting it blunt i am skint ie 4-5 quid in the bank but my pay is thursday and theres food and coffee in the cupboards so i will survive.

Personal life wise its all good i dont want to go into specfics to much but i am dating a nice Scottish girl and i am smitten.

Survey wise like Sashybo or Louby in the past i am having issues with opinion outpost gerrrrrrrr. I did a 5 points survey on my phone the other night at work which took me to the 50 point mark. I tried to drop 2.50 to paypal, but for what ever reason work wifi restrictions etc etc i then tried using my phone and was told i had violated policy and was banned wtf gerrrrrrrrr.

I will update my signature if they actuzlly pay me the 2.50 i am owed gerrrrrr
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 21st Nov 17, 8:20 AM
    • 877 Posts
    • 5,107 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Thought you would like that one lol she is from Edinburgh originally but her family are all rugby nuts that live nearer Jedburgh.
    Originally posted by Scott_Weiland
    Aw man, you've a real keeper there...
    Borderers are ALL Rugby nuts... and that area in particular has some of the best Rugby teams in the country... Rugby is a Religion there, not just a sport
    Heard a lot of folks having issues with OO at the mo, playing it safe wit them as I only use PC when doing any of their surveys and as soon as I can cash out, I do.

Keep on keeping on mate, you're doing grand
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 21st Nov 17, 3:01 PM
    • 659 Posts
    • 1,629 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Yeah i know i have lol her and her family are all mental for rugby we were watching the scotland vs newzealand match at the weekend, her family have links with the jedburgh club. And i concur there all rugby nutters.

Well re opinion outpost i have emailed them nothing back yet.
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 21st Nov 17, 3:48 PM
    • 877 Posts
    • 5,107 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    When playing the All Blacks it's not really a match... just trying (no pun intended) to lose by as few points as possible
    Jedburgh are a solid club with a great rep...
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 28th Nov 17, 6:33 AM
    • 659 Posts
    • 1,629 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Looks like my op account is fixed a week later lol

Just dropped 2.50 its not going to paint the town red or anything but going straight off debts.

I am trying so hard not to blow a gasket at work i am in a few problems financially this month and last month my pay has being down 350 quid. Its a bit convenient i change teams too a known team leader who is incompetent and well i dont get my nights unsocialables hours this month or last around 325-375 pm missing each month. I am in discussions with the union regarding this i have to wait until my December pay to resolve it which aint satisfactory. Work are fixing it apparently but they cant resolve it till 16/12/2017
    Last edited by Scott_Weiland; 28-11-2017 at 6:51 AM.
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 29th Nov 17, 9:02 AM
    • 659 Posts
    • 1,629 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Well its my day off today its time to go play in the snow we have enough to sink a battleship. I am gunna do an hour of surveys then its gym time.

I hope everyone is well and stays warm
    • JoJoC
    • By JoJoC 30th Nov 17, 11:02 AM
    • 1,278 Posts
    • 4,160 Thanks
    JoJoC
    Sounds like a good day yesterday, Scott. How was the snow?

Are you making any progress with the missing money? Having to wait that long to get your wages corrected is horrendous - my old company used to pay people out petty cash (at least some of it) if their wages were wrong until it was sorted out. How they can expect you to be out of that much money for so long is horrendous!

Looking at it in a positive light - it's like an inaccessible savings account for a couple of weeks? Only a good thing if all that money isn't 100% allocated to bills though...

Hope you're well.
    CC1: £3804.52 / £3554.32 £250.20 paid | CC2:£5027.53 / £4829.43 £245 paid | Loan: £15,000 / £12,369.24 (£2,631.76 paid)

July debt total: £23,832.05 | New debt total: £20,752 | Total debt paid: £3,080 (13%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
    • EssexHebridean
    • By EssexHebridean 30th Nov 17, 11:21 AM
    • 8,214 Posts
    • 43,474 Thanks
    EssexHebridean
    That's appalling about the money Scott - they really need to get it sorted if it's their error that caused the problem first off. Grrr!

I still can't use OO for surveys - nothing works!
    MORTGAGE FREE 30/09/2016
    Sainsbugs 0% card: 22/12/16 £1229.00/£656.45 (20/11/17)
    SOA Calculator for DFW newbies: Stoozing.com SOA Calculator
    • Seasidegal58
    • By Seasidegal58 2nd Dec 17, 5:01 PM
    • 1,173 Posts
    • 6,596 Thanks
    Seasidegal58
    Hope the money has been sorted out Scott.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017

Next Scrimpy Goal - Save for New Kitchen!
    My debt free diary - " Paid off the £31,000 - BUT still scrimping!"
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 3rd Dec 17, 4:46 AM
    • 659 Posts
    • 1,629 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Re the snow it was horrendous i was on a driving which got pulled as there was cars sliding all over the shop. I live in county durham very very high up we get battered by snow lol.

Re the missing money nope i have to wait untill the 16th for it. Work have said its now being fixed going forward and everything is sorted re the missing pay but i have to wait till the 16th for it.

I am not assumed.
    • JoJoC
    • By JoJoC 4th Dec 17, 2:15 PM
    • 1,278 Posts
    • 4,160 Thanks
    JoJoC
    I bet you're not amused - I don't know how they can justify making you wait so long for YOUR OWN MONEY! I assume if you got bank charges or any adverse issue due to not having the funds to pay your bills, they'd compensate?

Shocking.

That level of snow sounds fun (although not on a driving lesson). I'm still like a kid when it comes to snow, providing I don't need to get to work or be anywhere
    CC1: £3804.52 / £3554.32 £250.20 paid | CC2:£5027.53 / £4829.43 £245 paid | Loan: £15,000 / £12,369.24 (£2,631.76 paid)

July debt total: £23,832.05 | New debt total: £20,752 | Total debt paid: £3,080 (13%)
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 4th Dec 17, 3:06 PM
    • 659 Posts
    • 1,629 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Would they !!!! jojoc lol i wont name which bank i work for but they are !!!!!!! useless.

I am behind on my rent and council tax thanks to this its my new tl she is useless, i came close to telling her to go forth and multiply on friday when she said she came in on her day off to sort my pay.

Personal life at the moment is a mess i am freaked out to hell. New J mentioned the 4 letter L word after 10tens, then started talking about me moving in after 2 weeks. Quick quick yeeeeeeee noooooooooooooooo i am considering walking away ano Uncanny will probably bray me here but i am getting bunny boiler vibes.
    • JoJoC
    • By JoJoC 4th Dec 17, 3:14 PM
    • 1,278 Posts
    • 4,160 Thanks
    JoJoC
    Jeez, what a bunch of tw@ts you work for! As for your TL, if the pay wasn't messed up in the first place he/she wouldn't have had to come in to fix it!

Wow - she does sound keen! If you like her, I suppose a frank conversation about things happening a bit too quickly, and you'd like to get to know her properly before moving in etc might work? But if you're feeling like she might be a 'bunny boiler' then that doesn't say to me that you're really into the relationship? I'm sure you'll figure out what the best thing to do is for you though Good luck! ha

• Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 4th Dec 17, 3:51 PM
    • 659 Posts
    • 1,629 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Yeah jojoc i felt like saying do you want a medal i would buy you one but my last 2 pays are down in total 700-800.

I dont know if i do i did but there are loads and loads of alarm bells ringing that are quite bad. I am not sure being truthful i really really dont know what to do.
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 4th Dec 17, 4:07 PM
    • 877 Posts
    • 5,107 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Agree with JoJoC mate.
    Talk with her and be honest, let her know how you feel about her and that you're not sure that moving in together so soon is a good idea.
    That you want the relationship to grow etc.

It may be that she has been treated badly in the past and now she knows she has a good un she is perhaps running a bit ahead of herself IYKWIM?

Really hope it all works out mate
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 4th Dec 17, 11:15 PM
    • 659 Posts
    • 1,629 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    It has gone belly up but it had too being truthful a lots happened i didnt post on here but i cant live a lie. She was a nice lass but it freaked me out her being so clingy and i felt like a possession not a bf. I had spoke 3-4 times re the possessive ness and made stuff but it didnt make a difference x

I wont put the gory details up
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 5th Dec 17, 2:24 AM
    • 659 Posts
    • 1,629 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Right todays diary update is a shortish one actually change that i am peed off rant coming up. Sorry

Re J my ex lady what basically happened was i spent from thursday at hers and well i don't think my feelings were as strong as hers and she did quite a lot to annoy me. I didnt get 5mins to breath, i was working Friday Saturday and Sunday night and she kept insisting i stayed at hers even though i was on nights. She woke me up countless times during the days after i had being to work. I had to blast her twice for playing xmas music at stupid levels. And i two or three times woke up with her playing games on her phone lying next to me. Nights is hard enough but broken sleep makes it worse.

On Sunday morning i said look after work i am going home via the gym dont pick me up monday. I had a flyer at 515am i explained look let me bus it home then by the time the bus gets to mine my gym will be open ie 7am. Even though i said this at 515am on her day off she was sitting outside my work waiting for me. I was a bit shell shocked.

Then after getting home from the gym i had being in bed an hour if that (note what i said earlier i work 10pm-7am nights) she was outside my house asking me to go to the metro centre with her. I said no due to being whacked, she said nb and drove off then she turned up outside mine at 8pm again. Even though i had being at hers thursday to sunday with work chucked in. I was done in i ended it it felt very very weird, plus the moving in comments and using the L word so soon freaked me out.

Sorry uncannyscot lol but she was a bit too ott i had conversations with her after date three too say wow can you stick the breaks on then a week later then again 3days back. Plus she did something that boiled me friday she gave me a hickey, i sat in work friday and saturday with huge jumpers and scarfs on that really got my goat.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

32Posts Today

4,200Users online

Martin's Twitter