Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 14th Dec 16, 5:00 AM
    • 661Posts
    • 1,631Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Fall too Pieces
    • 14th Dec 16, 5:00 AM
    Fall too Pieces 14th Dec 16 at 5:00 AM
    Hi Guys i am starting a new journal i am in the process of closing my former journal/account down.

I will post on my former debt free diary so people know who i am soon. I recently went through a separation so things are not great at the moment.

Alot of the guys will know me as the survey guru lol

I will post again soon
    Last edited by Scott_Weiland; 14-12-2016 at 8:23 AM.
Page 24
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 11th Oct 17, 6:37 PM
    • 890 Posts
    • 5,183 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Great to see you posting again bro.
    Take all the time you need, we are all at your side
    (((((HUGS)))))
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 13th Oct 17, 7:38 AM
    • 661 Posts
    • 1,631 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Thanks Scotty its good to have such supportive people on the group x

I am still not back to myself but i am getting there x

I will do a better more indepth diary thingy later.
    Debts 15981.64 total paid 2078
    Cashback Earnings YTD £167.28 Survey Earnings YTD £552.88
    • Cumbria lass
    • By Cumbria lass 13th Oct 17, 7:40 AM
    • 908 Posts
    • 4,617 Thanks
    Cumbria lass
    Great to see you back Scott .
    Nov 2017 CC1 £3329 CC2 £600

Debt Free Nov 2019: earlier if I have my way
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 14th Oct 17, 12:10 AM
    • 661 Posts
    • 1,631 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Right guys here is my update.

Today has being a nice one i have being for lunch with some old friends i met at my mates wake. Twenty quid in franky and bennys on a nice steak lunch and 2 beers wasnt bad.

Re me mood wise i am up and down the worst thing is i have started smoking again :-( its being a crappy few weeks. I needed a vice or release and sadly cigarettes have being it. Tomorrow i am cutting down and i am gunna pop to home bargains to get some nicotine lozenges i feel yak smoking again, but the week before my mates funeral was a !!!! one telling friends about him, seeing him in the funeral home etc etc

Survey wise i dropped 2.50 today from op bar that everything else i am just pushing gradually closer. Power of opinions i am about 50 points away from dropping. Prolific academic i keep checking nothing is doing, swagbucks i need another 400 points shouldnt take long.
    Last edited by Scott_Weiland; 14-10-2017 at 12:14 AM.
    • Seasidegal58
    • By Seasidegal58 14th Oct 17, 5:03 PM
    • 1,191 Posts
    • 6,668 Thanks
    Seasidegal58
    Youíve had a stressful time lately so donít beat yourself up about the smoking. Iím sure once youíre back working out again youíll drop it.

Iíve just started getting some PA surveys through again after a very quiet week. Earn £2.50 today - all about advertising for a new chocolate bar!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017

Next Scrimpy Goal - Save for New Kitchen!
    My debt free diary - " Paid off the £31,000 - BUT still scrimping!"
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 15th Oct 17, 2:16 PM
    • 661 Posts
    • 1,631 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    It is a temp slip up Seaside i had one last night before bed i have not had any today i am chomping on gum and lozenges. They taste foul but anyhow.
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 16th Oct 17, 3:42 PM
    • 661 Posts
    • 1,631 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Well today i have the day off work so i have being productive ish.

Gym session done project Mike O Hearn is going well lol (google him ladies lol)

Housewife duties done

My next 3 meals are all prepared, chicken breast with white and brown rice and spinach and kale.

I am meeting a friend for coffee later.

I have another date on Saturday wish me luck.

Finance wise things are positive to i have applied for two accounts and i have being accepted on both. My flat well it needed really badly a new sofa for my lounge so i know there horrendous apr wise but i was looking in brighthouse and they had a three seater black leather sofa in for 6quid a week with insurance. Its a sofa they have had had back but if i am going to continue my driving lessons i cant afford to pull out 5-600 on furniture. I have checked i can overpay and pay it off early if needs be i get a bonus every 3 months from work.

I have one like that at the minute which aint comfy

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sofa+bed&client=tablet-android-samsung&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0a hUKEwi9iMuhsPXWAhXLWhoKHUJ7CE8Q_AUIEygC&biw=800&bi h=1280#imgrc=2y7CG2kKamwbUM:

I also needed some new threads for work and dates so i have took on a 200 quid burtons card. I have no intentions of maxing it i have so far spent 120. Both i am hoping if i keep my accounts upto date and my cc will keep putting my noddle score up its at 485

Survey wise i dropped about 7.50 from pa today which will hit tomorrow, I am also very close on power of opinions 1030 points 1086 needed for drawdown. Bar that on every other site i am nowhere near.
    Last edited by Scott_Weiland; 16-10-2017 at 4:27 PM.
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 18th Oct 17, 6:33 PM
    • 661 Posts
    • 1,631 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    hi all i hope everyone is well?

My daily update is as follows i am holiday at work so i have had a quite chilled out day. Money came in from topcashback and pa so i was able to do abit food shopping signature updated.

Today i have just being to the gym and have eaten like a horse, project ohearn is going well.

I am over the moon i have passed the 500 mark on survey earnings, my smallest debt is down to nearly 40 quid now. My Ef is sitting at around 400 quid to, i am slowly building the ef up and its going to become the new car fund hopefully.

Pa is sitting on 2.50 approved 2.80 waiting, i got wrong off them earlier :-( i did three surveys a few days back after being on nights and i must on one of being shattered as i missed the paying attention questions. oooooops i got a snotty email and i had to email back and apologise.
    Last edited by Scott_Weiland; 18-10-2017 at 6:36 PM.
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 18th Oct 17, 6:50 PM
    • 890 Posts
    • 5,183 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Hi mate
    You're doing really well

PA has been really quiet for me lately, only about £3 and I've been making more on OO nearly at £10 on there so hopefully cashing that out to my EF soon.
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 18th Oct 17, 7:09 PM
    • 661 Posts
    • 1,631 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    On opinion outpost cash out the minute you get to 2.50 dont let it build

Check out i think its errrrr sashybo's diary
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 18th Oct 17, 8:21 PM
    • 890 Posts
    • 5,183 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Thanks for the tip off to have a nosey at Sashybo's diary
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 18th Oct 17, 8:30 PM
    • 661 Posts
    • 1,631 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Yeah putting it bluntly she has had a right F on with them

As someone who lost money with any survey site never ever do that. If the survey site shuts thats gone.
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 18th Oct 17, 8:30 PM
    • 890 Posts
    • 5,183 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Have just cashed out my points to my paypal... won't be letting it build up too much from now on
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • Seasidegal58
    • By Seasidegal58 19th Oct 17, 10:08 PM
    • 1,191 Posts
    • 6,668 Thanks
    Seasidegal58
    Great news on the survey earnings Scott! Iím still trudging away with them! Got thrown out of OnePoll today because I eat meat!

• Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 20th Oct 17, 4:19 AM
    • 661 Posts
    • 1,631 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Haha i know some of the boot out reasons are silly.

I havent done many well yesterday now. I am having a few issues sleeping these last two nights my brain just wont switch off.

Date night on Saturday maybe its nerves, there might be a new Mrs Weiland lol
    • Seasidegal58
    • By Seasidegal58 22nd Oct 17, 10:24 AM
    • 1,191 Posts
    • 6,668 Thanks
    Seasidegal58
    How did the date go? Should I buy a new hat for the wedding?

• Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 22nd Oct 17, 2:23 PM
    • 661 Posts
    • 1,631 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Yes you should Seaside wow she is so so lovely, we hit it off great we went for a coffee and then an Italian afterwards.

I apologise for the cheesey element here, but yes we ended up walking around Newcastle holding hands, and yes when we first met it was a high with a big hug. Then well we kissed and i don't mean a peck at the end of the date. And yes i am seeing her again on thursday Happy Happy days
    • Cumbria lass
    • By Cumbria lass 22nd Oct 17, 4:14 PM
    • 908 Posts
    • 4,617 Thanks
    Cumbria lass
    Oh lovely to read Scott about your date. Hope this one is a keeper !
    Nov 2017 CC1 £3329 CC2 £600

Debt Free Nov 2019: earlier if I have my way
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 22nd Oct 17, 5:00 PM
    • 661 Posts
    • 1,631 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Very very happy Scott

"your so cool"
    Last edited by Scott_Weiland; 22-10-2017 at 5:03 PM.
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 22nd Oct 17, 9:45 PM
    • 890 Posts
    • 5,183 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Great news
    All sounding good mate
    R.I.P. T.P.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,174Posts Today

5,744Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• Follow Martin