Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 14th Dec 16, 5:00 AM
    • 627Posts
    • 1,511Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Fall too Pieces
    • 14th Dec 16, 5:00 AM
    Fall too Pieces 14th Dec 16 at 5:00 AM
    Hi Guys i am starting a new journal i am in the process of closing my former journal/account down.

I will post on my former debt free diary so people know who i am soon. I recently went through a separation so things are not great at the moment.

Alot of the guys will know me as the survey guru lol

I will post again soon
    Last edited by Scott_Weiland; 14-12-2016 at 8:23 AM.
Page 21
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 15th Sep 17, 3:14 PM
    • 627 Posts
    • 1,511 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    I did quick diary update and its bullet point.

Me and the new lady are still texting and all is good :-)

Cycling i am hammering the mileage still this week i am upto around 65 miles and i am going out later.

Onepoll and global test market i am still waiting on 45 quid.

Cashback wise i have had a few tiny payments come in all have being dropped into savings. 30p lol

PA has picked by up 3quid off in avaliable 5quid odd in pending.

I have being and had a look at a new gym today and i am considering it 60 quid till the end of the year. I need to do something i look like a skinny tour de france cyclist yakkkk i have dropped about 20-25 kg since june.
    Last edited by Scott_Weiland; 15-09-2017 at 3:19 PM.
    Debts 15981.64 total paid 2078
    Cashback Earnings YTD £167.10 Survey Earnings YTD £535.12
    • Seasidegal58
    • By Seasidegal58 15th Sep 17, 8:44 PM
    • 1,084 Posts
    • 5,923 Thanks
    Seasidegal58
    Please dont call me sweet lol man points lost.

Re your comment seasidegirl there was theres not anymore.

I have being chatting to someone off a dating site for 2 months. We have never met and dates were arranged but she would either cancel or was working down south. I havent heard from her in days and being honest she did mention about being up next week and us going on a date.

I text her last night and said sorry it wasnt going to happen re dates etc etc I was nice about it. We fell out the day before my date with my new lady she got dead arsey over something i called her via text.
    Originally posted by Scott_Weiland
    She comes over as a bit flaky. I think your new lady sounds much nicer!

That's a bit of weight you've dropped Scott. The gym price till end of the year appears reasonable though. You'll have to start on the tuna and egg white omelettes once you've joined!!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017

Next Scrimpy Goal - Save for New Kitchen!
    My debt free diary - " Paid off the £31,000 - BUT still scrimping!"
    • Cumbria lass
    • By Cumbria lass 15th Sep 17, 9:14 PM
    • 789 Posts
    • 3,782 Thanks
    Cumbria lass
    Glad it all went well with lady . Goodness that's some kilos you have lost , is it through the cycling alone or have you been dieting ? My PA has picked up as well .
    Nov 2017 CC1 £3329 CC2 £600

Debt Free Nov 2019: earlier if I have my way
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 16th Sep 17, 12:57 AM
    • 627 Posts
    • 1,511 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Hi Cumbria/Seaside re your posts it's via a bit of both really.

Bar the back issues I had earlier in summer for a few weeks I have being cycling anywhere from 60-110 miles per week, and when I go out I have being using a garmin or tom tom watch to ensure I am pushing average speeds etc.

I used to compete in bodybuilding years ago and all I have done diet wise is basically stick to a dead rigid diet. I do what's called carb cycling which is basically where you eat 3 different levels of carbs

Ie a high day, a low day and a mid day. The amount of carbs is varied depending on how much I am cycling distance wise on a given day.

It's complicated but I have basically being eating loads of meals that are chicken or tuna, with sweet potato and pineapple and spinach. I have being having 3 meals of this a day, but the quantities of sweet potato vary depending on output.

Breakfast is oat meal and two bananas with honey. Then I have 2 protein shakes a day I sometimes chuck in other veggies and I have 2-3 cups of green tea a day. I haven't dropped super quick maybe 1-2 lbs a week there was a couple of weeks I dropped more.

I also do once a fortnight what's called a carb load which is disguisting but works. I would pick a non training day, and then a four hour period where i had nothing on. I would weigh myself at the start then for four hours basically eat loads of sugary carbs every 20 mins ie cereal, ice cream, muffins, frozen youghurt, cakes, haribo jellys etc etc then at the end of the four hours weigh myself again. From here after finishing two hours later I would go straight back on the strict diet. For a week the result is eating all the sugary stuff kicks the metabolism into gear rapidly and once your eating clean again the body fats burns at an astounding rate. The weeks after the carb load I would drop 2-3kg hence not doing it often.
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 16th Sep 17, 1:00 AM
    • 627 Posts
    • 1,511 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    I have only done the carb load a few times as nice as it sounds eating loads of surgery junk for 4 hours it really really isn't. Sick bags on standby.
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 16th Sep 17, 1:08 AM
    • 627 Posts
    • 1,511 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    All that happened seaside was we were chatting via text and I called her Pet in one of the texts.

She was moaning about work and some project she was working on as she does some project managing thing re developing properties. She was stressing re it coming in on time.

I said look pet you have done your utmost to get it in on time I know that they know that, blahhh blahhh blahh.

And basically she went ballistic, I am a Newcastle lad it just came out in the text it's the way I talk yadda yadda so the other night I thought stuff her.

Apologies for the non finance stuff lol
    • Cumbria lass
    • By Cumbria lass 16th Sep 17, 8:35 AM
    • 789 Posts
    • 3,782 Thanks
    Cumbria lass
    It doesn't all have to be money matters. I enjoy reading what you have been up to .
    Nov 2017 CC1 £3329 CC2 £600

Debt Free Nov 2019: earlier if I have my way
    • redofromstart
    • By redofromstart 16th Sep 17, 8:54 AM
    • 513 Posts
    • 2,859 Thanks
    redofromstart
    Scott, it sounds like I accidentally carb load! I usually refer to it is a junk fest though, but I prefer your description
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 16th Sep 17, 10:40 AM
    • 627 Posts
    • 1,511 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Haha it does work.

I think I might set up a site doing diet planning lol

Well today for me is a dead quiet one I am knackered being honest I was out on the bike last night and did 25miles. I literally just got in and my mate text asking if I fancied going to see the last showing of IT. The film was brilliant but I hate clowns I really do lol. I have to ask as well when did cinema ticket become 10quid a pop gerrr?

Today my plans involve and I will do this in list form lol

Go do a tiny bit food shopping
    Complete the laundry
    Yoga stretching for 10mins
    Eat loads as I am sore/achey etc
    Complete surveys
    Veg in front of the tv
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 17th Sep 17, 11:40 AM
    • 627 Posts
    • 1,511 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Scott, it sounds like I accidentally carb load! I usually refer to it is a junk fest though, but I prefer your description
    Originally posted by redofromstart

Haha a hell of a lot of people do.
    • Seasidegal58
    • By Seasidegal58 17th Sep 17, 4:17 PM
    • 1,084 Posts
    • 5,923 Thanks
    Seasidegal58
    I dont think the carb loading would work for me Scott - I'd never be able to stop after four hours.

Still at least youre very positive and committed.

Re the cinema prices - I entirely agree. Just think if you've got a few kids as well! I now hit the Senior Citizen button when I order online - saves a few pennies. I've never actually looked though whether you qualify at 60 or 65!

SSG x

• Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 17th Sep 17, 7:13 PM
    • 627 Posts
    • 1,511 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Haha i wish i could hit that button lol
    • EssexHebridean
    • By EssexHebridean 19th Sep 17, 11:25 AM
    • 8,133 Posts
    • 42,875 Thanks
    EssexHebridean
    Carb loading would definitely not be for me - all that sweet stuff - *boak*

Is it really that much for the cinema now? Mind you I think the last time we went it was on a 2 for 1 offer!
    MORTGAGE FREE 30/09/2016
    Sainsbugs 0% card: 22/12/16 £1229.00/£632.77 (20/11/17)
    SOA Calculator for DFW newbies: Stoozing.com SOA Calculator
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 19th Sep 17, 3:32 PM
    • 627 Posts
    • 1,511 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Yes it is sadly two seats in the odeon on a friday night 2d movie 10.50 a ticket.
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 19th Sep 17, 3:57 PM
    • 627 Posts
    • 1,511 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Its a money money day for me, £9.08 arrived from PA. and i have just dropped another 5 from Swagbucks that should arrive in a few days.

Anyone struggling with pa i would continue with swagbucks its a good earner.

I am still waiting on 40 from one poll and 5 from global test market gerrrrrrrrrrrr

No cycling today but i have being to the gym and done a bit weights, project get muscly begins lol. I paid a tenner today and the guy was fine with me paying the rest of the money at the end of the week.
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 19th Sep 17, 7:51 PM
    • 627 Posts
    • 1,511 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Weird post i know but we need a bit help guys

Hi guys i don't know if any of you have heard about this but the british olympic committee/powers that be have decided to cut funding for all female bobsled athletes prior to the olympics.

Three mens teams retain their funding but the womens team sadly don't. Well the driver for the ladies 2 bob team is my cousin Mica Mcneill, she is a Consett lass and is looking for funding.

Bio link is just below

[www.chroniclelive.co.uk]

If anyone from the club can help or anyone on here she will be eternally greatful. She has set up a funding page, she was on Anna Forsters radio show before and radio 2, twitter is getting hammered.

Thats the fund raising page.

[www.gofundme.com]

Many many thanks guys.
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 19th Sep 17, 9:41 PM
    • 723 Posts
    • 4,327 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Will try and get sumthin to it when I get paid end o month Scott
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 20th Sep 17, 11:27 AM
    • 627 Posts
    • 1,511 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Thanks Uncanny that means a lot

My cousins page is a third of the way there so progress is getting made.
    • Seasidegal58
    • By Seasidegal58 20th Sep 17, 1:50 PM
    • 1,084 Posts
    • 5,923 Thanks
    Seasidegal58
    Will have a look at your cousin's page later Scott and donate! Got to support the bobsleigh girls!!!

PA surveys have picked up a bit for me since yesterday after a lull at the weekend.

Hope all is going well with you and your LF (ladyfriend!)!

SSG x

• Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 20th Sep 17, 3:58 PM
    • 627 Posts
    • 1,511 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Will have a look at your cousin's page later Scott and donate! Got to support the bobsleigh girls!!!

PA surveys have picked up a bit for me since yesterday after a lull at the weekend.

Hope all is going well with you and your LF (ladyfriend!)!

SSG x
    Originally posted by Seasidegal58

Thanks a lot seaside anything even 2 quid would help, my cousin i think is just over a third of a way there. She was on radio 2 yesterday, twitter and social media have helped loads.

Re my date on saturday yup everything is still all good we have being messaging all week :-)

I will update my diary a bit more later
    Last edited by Scott_Weiland; 20-09-2017 at 4:02 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

179Posts Today

1,761Users online

Martin's Twitter