Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 14th Dec 16, 5:00 AM
    • 616Posts
    • 1,500Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Fall too Pieces
    • 14th Dec 16, 5:00 AM
    Fall too Pieces 14th Dec 16 at 5:00 AM
    Hi Guys i am starting a new journal i am in the process of closing my former journal/account down.

I will post on my former debt free diary so people know who i am soon. I recently went through a separation so things are not great at the moment.

Alot of the guys will know me as the survey guru lol

I will post again soon
    Last edited by Scott_Weiland; 14-12-2016 at 8:23 AM.
Page 18
    • SusieT78
    • By SusieT78 31st Aug 17, 8:12 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 126 Thanks
    SusieT78
    He is yeah, he has being really good for a 14 year old teenager ie we have being out on the bikes 4-5 times since he has arrived. He gets up sorts his own breakfast, makes me a coffee lol

Then we go cycling mid morning the rest of the day is either now tv/netflix or xbox one. I dont mind his taste in movies is much bareable than 10 year ago.
    Originally posted by Scott_Weiland
    Just a survey update, inbetween taking turns on Halo/Batman/Forza Opinium Research has paid me £25.00 quid, I have just dropped my first 20 via circle on pa and i have just dropped £40 from one poll.

I have updated my signature re Opinium Research it paid out really quick i was impressed 4-5 days.
    Originally posted by Scott_Weiland
    Sounds like you've had a good week!
    I'm really enjoying the PA surveys, I'm finding they're much more interesting than ones on other sites and much better paid too.
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 31st Aug 17, 8:18 PM
    • 616 Posts
    • 1,500 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    I like them to Susie just at the moment i am getting none pa is quiet this time of year in July i was 4-5 surveys a day now i am lucky to get one.
    Debts 15981.64 total paid 2078
    Cashback Earnings YTD £166.90 Survey Earnings YTD £535.12
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 31st Aug 17, 9:03 PM
    • 616 Posts
    • 1,500 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Well its being a weird ish day for me and i will explain why first i get a knock at the door off a baliff at 830am. The previous tennant of the flat i live in hadnt paid any bills i dont think, i have had an abundance of red letters for him. I had to dig out id to get shot of the balliff.

Next at 845 i get an email from one of my debts basically moaning i am making too many payments to them lol I have a debt for trusted quid which is for around 100 quid plus. Everytime i have being getting money in off surveys or cashback i have being paying it off the debit. But its being a quid here 50p there 3-4 quid here etc The company emailed me asking if it was me making the payments and why the payments were small lol

I have never had to justify paying a debt back which was strange but if as an example i got say a random amount like £3.55 from say top cashback i would split it. Ie 1.55 off this debt, 1 quid into savings emergency fund and leave the other quid in my current account. They were ok in the end i just found it weird.

Next i got a phone call from stepchange to do a budget review, i have put my dmp payment up around 30quid pm ��
    • Cumbria lass
    • By Cumbria lass 31st Aug 17, 9:10 PM
    • 807 Posts
    • 3,632 Thanks
    Cumbria lass
    Well they say things happen in threes !

Any nearer returning to work or did I miss it and you are back?

How is the driving and the bike training ?
    Nov 2017 CC1 £3329 CC2 £600

Debt Free Nov 2019: earlier if I have my way
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 31st Aug 17, 10:06 PM
    • 616 Posts
    • 1,500 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    I am back next week i will need to check my diary but i think i am in thursday, friday then off for four nights then back in four nights.

Re driving its going well i am doing canny i am working on getting my manoveurs upto scratch then hopefully october november it should be test time,

Bike training i am still going out but with my son being here and being an unfit teenager i am doing at most 8-12 mile rides, i think a 40-50 would kill my son.
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 1st Sep 17, 5:10 PM
    • 616 Posts
    • 1,500 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Cashback received 50p woop woop all of that has gone in my pay debts off sooner account.

I was chatting with stepchange yesterday and they said i can make extra payments of 25 quid upwards. So rather than sending odds and sods here there and everywhere i am just gunna gradually build upto 25quid then give them a bell. It wont take me long to build up as i am getting in easily 10-15 quid of top cashback/opinion outpost/swagbucks/pa combined. This is highlighted by the fiver i have just dropped off swagbucks today and £2.50 from opinion outpost.
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 1st Sep 17, 10:44 PM
    • 616 Posts
    • 1,500 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Well i have just logged onto Stepchanges website its not loads but i have paid off in total 1680 off my debts via them. Its a drop in the ocean still for me i owe over 16200, i have upped my dmp from 110 to 144 but at the minute its all i can afford.

Hopefully my survey earnings can boost things a bit otherwise i am on a dmp for 9 years plus.

I have nothing really on my soa i can cut.
    • Seasidegal58
    • By Seasidegal58 2nd Sep 17, 9:23 PM
    • 1,084 Posts
    • 5,802 Thanks
    Seasidegal58
    Hi Scott I've been catching up with your diary. Wow lots of things have been going on. I was sorry to hear the sad news of your husky. It's so upsetting when you lose a beloved pet. But good news on your back healing and it sounds like you're into your biking with a vengeance! Hope you get work sorted out but it shouldn't be too long before you're whizzing around on four wheels as well as two!

Surveys sound all good too and a nice little earner. On the back of your posts I signed up for the PA website. It's the first survey site I've ever joined! I spent ages filling in the questionnaire and then it said there was nothing for me at the present time! Do you reckon they think I'm a Pyscho!. I suppose I'll just have to keep checking in.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017

Next Scrimpy Goal - Save for New Kitchen!
    My debt free diary - " Paid off the £31,000 - BUT still scrimping!"
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 3rd Sep 17, 11:06 PM
    • 616 Posts
    • 1,500 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Hi Scott I've been catching up with your diary. Wow lots of things have been going on. I was sorry to hear the sad news of your husky. It's so upsetting when you lose a beloved pet. But good news on your back healing and it sounds like you're into your biking with a vengeance! Hope you get work sorted out but it shouldn't be too long before you're whizzing around on four wheels as well as two!

Surveys sound all good too and a nice little earner. On the back of your posts I signed up for the PA website. It's the first survey site I've ever joined! I spent ages filling in the questionnaire and then it said there was nothing for me at the present time! Do you reckon they think I'm a Pyscho!. I suppose I'll just have to keep checking in.
    Originally posted by Seasidegal58
    Haha at the moment PA is dead dead quiet. I was getting 3-4 surveys a day off the site now i am lucky to be getting 1 survey every 3-4 days. PA you have to continually keep checking it the surveys are posted up by uni students so stick with it things will pick up.

After the day i have had 4 wheels cannot come soon enough, i left the house at 745am and i didnt walk through the door till 930pm. Trains in this country suck, Virgin are bringing in new trains next year but there gunna make a minimal difference to me.
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 4th Sep 17, 6:23 PM
    • 616 Posts
    • 1,500 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    I feel bloody horrible today, after my son leaving yesterday my flat feels so empty and i hate being alone.

I have being to the docs today to get signed off and he has said no. He wants me to start counselling again before i go back.
    • Seasidegal58
    • By Seasidegal58 4th Sep 17, 10:05 PM
    • 1,084 Posts
    • 5,802 Thanks
    Seasidegal58
    I'm sorry that you're feeling so low Scott and that you are missing your son. It's rotten. . Is there a long waiting list for the counselling?

• Cumbria lass
    • By Cumbria lass 4th Sep 17, 10:29 PM
    • 807 Posts
    • 3,632 Thanks
    Cumbria lass
    Oh sorry to hear that, hope you get sorted soon. Keep posting to let us know how you are .

• Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 5th Sep 17, 3:06 PM
    • 616 Posts
    • 1,500 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    I'm sorry that you're feeling so low Scott and that you are missing your son. It's rotten. . Is there a long waiting list for the counselling?
    Originally posted by Seasidegal58
    It is my lad lives the other end of the country so i know i shouldnt but i get mega down when he goes. Its hard as i am on my own since i split with my ex i am alone.

Re counselling i am under the local mental health team Seaside i was diagnosed as having bipolar last year. The counselling i am basically having is ongoing i was having weekly appointments but now i have fortnightly ones.

I am feeling loads better today not as miserable, yesterdsy i was superlow and my back was going made after ten-twelve hours on trains. I have ventured out on my bike today. Tomorrow is my birthday so dads taking me out for a few pints i think.
    Last edited by Scott_Weiland; 05-09-2017 at 3:13 PM.
    • Seasidegal58
    • By Seasidegal58 6th Sep 17, 1:09 PM
    • 1,084 Posts
    • 5,802 Thanks
    Seasidegal58
    Many happy returns Scott!!!!

Hope you enjoy your celebration with your Dad tonight. Have a virtual beer on me!
    And glad to hear you are feeling better in your self.

P.S. I finally made some cash on one of the PA surveys! 10 whole p! I'm getting there!

SSG x

• EssexHebridean
    • By EssexHebridean 6th Sep 17, 2:34 PM
    • 8,199 Posts
    • 42,615 Thanks
    EssexHebridean
    Happy Birthday!

Lots going on with you - overall though sounding like all on the up, well done on putting the DMP payment up a bit!

Prolific is quiet as a quiet thing at the minute isn't it! Hopefully with the holidays ending it will pick up again.
    MORTGAGE FREE 30/09/2016
    Sainsbugs 0% card: 22/12/16 £1229.00/£544.67 (17/10/17)
    SOA Calculator for DFW newbies: Stoozing.com SOA Calculator
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 6th Sep 17, 4:11 PM
    • 616 Posts
    • 1,500 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    I will put more details up tomorrow as i am meeting dad at 6pm, but i also have a date on Tuesday :-)
    • JoJoC
    • By JoJoC 6th Sep 17, 4:20 PM
    • 1,241 Posts
    • 4,012 Thanks
    JoJoC
    Ooh! I'm a typical girl and can't wait to hear all about the date

Happy birthday - hope you have a lovely day with your dad.
    CC1: £3804.52 / £3704.32 £100.20 paid | CC2:£5027.53 / £4927.48 £100.05 paid | Loan: £15,000 / £13,932.24 (£1067.76 paid)

July debt total: £23,832.05 | New debt total: £22,564.04 | Total debt paid: £1,268.01 (5.3%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
    • Cumbria lass
    • By Cumbria lass 6th Sep 17, 6:20 PM
    • 807 Posts
    • 3,632 Thanks
    Cumbria lass
    Happy Birthday Scott .

• Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 7th Sep 17, 5:56 PM
    • 616 Posts
    • 1,500 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Thank you for the nice birthday messages guys it was lovely. I had a nice birthday, my head is killing but I will live.

Right before I get mugged by JojoC lol TELL ME ABOUT THE DATE NOW! Lol

Well at the gym on friday I had done my weights and I went upstairs to do my cardio. There was a lass struggling to set away one of the treadmills, I explained the one she was on was knackered and that the gym kept fixing it but it kept braking. I said the one next to me works fine, she jumped on the treadmill next to me and didnt say another word till i was about to leave.

From here she stopped me and said thank you for helping earlier, then she started chatting ie had i trained here long, what were the pt's like etc etc She then said "look i am here with a friend who lives up here i dont train here and would i like to grab a coffee while her mate finishes her pt session"

I declined the coffee but i said look take my mobile number. I couldnt swan off with her for a coffee as my son my downstairs swimming with his cousins and grandad.

Sorry for the long explaination but we have being texting loads, i am taking her into durham for drinkies on tuesday.

she is 36 i have just turned cough cough 38, she lives in newcastle, she works for the police, has no kids.
    • Seasidegal58
    • By Seasidegal58 7th Sep 17, 9:17 PM
    • 1,084 Posts
    • 5,802 Thanks
    Seasidegal58
    All sounding very positive Scott! Roll on Tuesday!

SSG x

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

186Posts Today

1,287Users online

Martin's Twitter