Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lincoln-potter
    • By lincoln-potter 13th Dec 16, 9:27 AM
    • 872Posts
    • 4,242Thanks
    lincoln-potter
    A new chapter
    • 13th Dec 16, 9:27 AM
    A new chapter 13th Dec 16 at 9:27 AM
    So i was long time member and used to frequent the boards quite regularly however my circumstances have changed quite drastically.

I have now split from the OH and whilst I was very close to being MF I now find myself with an additional amount of debt in having had to buy her out.

I'll post a current SoA shortly but pretty much the overall debt stands at around £300k.

I have a fairly ambitious plan to pay off this debt within 5-6 years and still aim to be MF by the time I hit 40. Being single I am hoping will allow me the freedom to be money savvy where previously the ex liked to spend.
    MFiT-T #82 £85k -> £38k
    MFW #32 £8,500/£8,500
    Make £2017 in 2017 challenge - £821.76 #10
Page 7
    • lincoln-potter
    • By lincoln-potter 16th Mar 17, 10:44 AM
    • 872 Posts
    • 4,242 Thanks
    lincoln-potter
    I was talking about direct debits, not standing orders. (Eg. I have 3 Tesco online savers and have a direct debit set up on each which satisfies my current account criteria.) But it sounds like you've got a plan and are keeping busy!

Good luck with everything
    Originally posted by poddle911

Yeah sorry I got mixed up, that makes more sense so I'll do the same.

Certainly being kept busy, but thats a good thing.....right?
    MFiT-T #82 £85k -> £38k
    MFW #32 £8,500/£8,500
    • lincoln-potter
    • By lincoln-potter 20th Mar 17, 10:13 AM
    • 872 Posts
    • 4,242 Thanks
    lincoln-potter
    Morning all,

Had a good few days with the children, sadly they had a 24hr sickness bug which meant I spent a fair amount of time washing bedding! But we still had a good time at a local museum and went to some local parks and lakes for the day. The fresh air and running about tired them out, its so much better spending the days out rather than in the house.

I managed a NSD on thursday, friday and sunday. Saturday was £7.30 for some rock cakes and drinks for the kids after a walk along the river.

The nights are still quite dark so I think this week I am going to attempt to go to bed at 9/10 in order to get up at 6 so I can get some jobs done in the daylight.

I have decluttered and cleaned the caravan, I have a made a list of items to go back in I just need to get the time to do that. Tonight however I will have to spend it tidying up all the small bits the kids have left out or put away in the wrong place.

I had a run last night as there are only a few weeks left now until my tough mudder event and my word I feel like I should have been training months ago, I am so unfit!

Also tonight I need to get some fuel from Mr S (Get bonus nectar tonight as the 5th swipe in a month), and some food from Herr A. Nothing too much just shampoo and a few bits of meat.
    MFiT-T #82 £85k -> £38k
    MFW #32 £8,500/£8,500
    • sarahevie1
    • By sarahevie1 20th Mar 17, 10:41 PM
    • 465 Posts
    • 2,435 Thanks
    sarahevie1
    oh dear the dreaded sickness bug, we had 7 off in reception last week with it, almost unheard of! Hope they are on the mend soon! What is Herr A?
    Mortgage 1 - £44000 Value £283000 (Mortgage val survey Sept 15.) 24 years 3 monthsOPs 71670Without OPs balance 119000
    Mortgage 2 - £109000 Value £185000 (Purchase price 2007.) 15 years 11 months
    Original Mortgage debt £300,000 - Now £150000
    • lincoln-potter
    • By lincoln-potter 21st Mar 17, 10:05 AM
    • 872 Posts
    • 4,242 Thanks
    lincoln-potter
    oh dear the dreaded sickness bug, we had 7 off in reception last week with it, almost unheard of! Hope they are on the mend soon! What is Herr A?
    Originally posted by sarahevie1
    Morning Sarah, Mr T, Mr S, Mr A and Mr M are the 4 big supermarkets, Herr A and Herr L are the two German supermarkets which are now in the UK. I picked this up from misscousinitt diary. I did however spend £86 there last night, but I also go 500 nectar points from Mr S so thats not so bad. I only needed a few bits but bought quite a few tins for the caravan, £15 on some birthday gifts.

Yeah the dreaded bug, I seemed to escape without catching it though! So yay for me!.

Golf lessons tonight and then I need a tidy up before going to see friends.
    MFiT-T #82 £85k -> £38k
    MFW #32 £8,500/£8,500
    • lincoln-potter
    • By lincoln-potter 22nd Mar 17, 9:51 AM
    • 872 Posts
    • 4,242 Thanks
    lincoln-potter
    Morning all,

Had some golf lessons by a freind last night after work, after which I must admit I had a moment of weakness and had fish & chips for tea (£6.20) and finally in the evening I went to see some friends.

Still waiting on the first DD from my 0% credit card to come out so I can start the switch process.

Going to be making a £500 overpayment today.
    MFiT-T #82 £85k -> £38k
    MFW #32 £8,500/£8,500
    • lincoln-potter
    • By lincoln-potter 27th Mar 17, 9:27 AM
    • 872 Posts
    • 4,242 Thanks
    lincoln-potter
    Morning all,

Had a nice weekend, on Saturday I managed to get quite a few jobs done around the house. The lawn had its first cut of the year and I started clearing the builders yard at the front of the house so I can start to make the place look a bit more presentable. I also fixed my trucks left hand side issue and I picked up DS who liked to "help".

I have ordered 50 more non-slip coat hangers for all the kids summer clothes which the ex has handed me back. DD3 has no end whilst the others seem somewhat lacking.

Sunday had a nice day with the gf walking around town in the morning then visiting my mother in the afternoon.

A fairly low spend weekend really, £20 on a curry and some bits from the supermarket for £30 for whenever gf comes over for food.

This week I plan to start back on my running and training in my gym and also oddsmonkey for matched betting, even if I only manage 30mins a night that will still be £300-500 more a month I would imagine.
    MFiT-T #82 £85k -> £38k
    MFW #32 £8,500/£8,500
    • lincoln-potter
    • By lincoln-potter 28th Mar 17, 9:12 AM
    • 872 Posts
    • 4,242 Thanks
    lincoln-potter
    Morning people,

Had my first musclefoods delivery last night, separated all the chicken for the freezer (learnt the hard way what happens when I freeze it all in one go.....).

Need to go out later and get some nibbles in as I have a lads night round at mine for some other dads from the village.

Not much movement on the MSE front other than a couple bits put onto ebay but they won't fetch very much. I am mainly waiting for first DD to go out so I can start the bank switches.

Chicken for tea tonight with veg which needs using up.
    MFiT-T #82 £85k -> £38k
    MFW #32 £8,500/£8,500
    • lincoln-potter
    • By lincoln-potter 4th Apr 17, 10:43 AM
    • 872 Posts
    • 4,242 Thanks
    lincoln-potter
    Morning all,

Had the LO's this past weekend. Went to a localish aquarium on the Sunday which was £60 but it gives annual all year round access now for no extra cost so I'll be going back a few other times with them.

My freezer is full of food at the moment but I need some more fresh bits tonight (Milk, cheese, etc) along with some nibbles as I am having a pool night with some of the lads.

Ex is still give me grief and to make it worse has guilt tripped me into having the kids whilst she goes on an abroad holiday with just the youngest. I don't see really why I should have to use holiday days up just so she can get a sun tan and even more so why the eldest get to miss out on an abroad holiday. It also puts to bed her "having no money" and stopping the kids after school activities because they cost too much when shes' been able to save up for a holiday in just over two months....

Gf came round at the weekend too and spent the day with the kids, her first full day and she was really good with them. Only issue was she only has two hands and all of them wanted to hold her hand....bless them.

Yesterday I had a good productive day, washed both cars, cleared the front so the builders yard is gone and I have made a start clearing the last of my wood pile but cutting it down. It'll take a good few nights to shift it all but at least its starting to look "smarter" when people arrive.

No real MSE plans for this week, my electric supply switch is going through but thats about it.
    MFiT-T #82 £85k -> £38k
    MFW #32 £8,500/£8,500
    • lincoln-potter
    • By lincoln-potter 7th Apr 17, 10:08 AM
    • 872 Posts
    • 4,242 Thanks
    lincoln-potter
    Morning all,

Decided to use some of my savings which are at 1.5% and pay off more of my mortgage, so saving 1.79% more on interest.

OP - £8026.30
    MFiT-T #82 £85k -> £38k
    MFW #32 £8,500/£8,500
    • lincoln-potter
    • By lincoln-potter 10th Apr 17, 9:25 AM
    • 872 Posts
    • 4,242 Thanks
    lincoln-potter
    Morning all,

Well I completed my 10k assault course, it damn near killed me though but glad I can say I did it!

Not much else to report, sold something on eBay for £5 woohoo haha.
    Away with with work so I have a few NSD coming up, but I did buy a couple of bits off eBay for the caravan like a cover to help keep it clean, since its parked by the trees it gets covered in green and looks 40 years old.....

Still getting hassle off the ex, really wish she would just get on with her life and leave me to mine.
    MFiT-T #82 £85k -> £38k
    MFW #32 £8,500/£8,500
    • lincoln-potter
    • By lincoln-potter 25th Apr 17, 10:05 AM
    • 872 Posts
    • 4,242 Thanks
    lincoln-potter
    Morning all,

I have returned from a week long trip to the far east and now have the children for the next ten days whilst the ex goes on an abroad holiday.

Been doing plenty of fun activities with the children, bowling at the weekend although its an expensive trip for 4 kids for what is really only one game.

I have a BBQ this coming weekend so trying on a night to get the garden into some sort of presentable shape, having to buy a strimmer as the next patio area is overgrown currently.

MSE front obviously a few NSD as I was away, my freezer is bursting with food for the kids so I shouldn't have any massive food bills other than the BBQ coming up.

Longer term I have a couple of bigger bills coming up as I want to have a small wall extended and a fence at the back put up both which need doing before I slab the last patio area.
    MFiT-T #82 £85k -> £38k
    MFW #32 £8,500/£8,500
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

819Posts Today

7,144Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin