Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 8th Dec 16, 4:33 PM
    • 1,245Posts
    • 5,789Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Dacia Logan
    • 8th Dec 16, 4:33 PM
    Dacia Logan 8th Dec 16 at 4:33 PM
    Anyone got one or even driven one?

Thinking about a new one for my next car and I am looking for any feedback that I can get, it looks a good deal on paper but you can't beat first hand experience

The model I am thinking about is the Logan MCV Ambiance Prime 1.2 16V @ £8295
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 miles in 2017 - 1416.5
    This week 63.9
Page 3
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 18th Apr 17, 8:19 AM
    • 1,245 Posts
    • 5,789 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    I have had my new Logan for about 7 weeks and there has been no issues so far

I am enjoying the extra space and my dog seems to be comfortable in the back as well.
    The lower revs took me a week to get used to and I can no longer drive about town at 30mph in 5th gear as I did in the Corsa.
    I did mostly town driving for the first 4 weeks while delivering phone books and I was getting 55mph so not too shabby for having that weight in the back.
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 miles in 2017 - 1416.5
    This week 63.9
    • iolanthe07
    • By iolanthe07 18th Apr 17, 11:47 AM
    • 4,800 Posts
    • 4,552 Thanks
    iolanthe07

Your DPF issues will take longer than 7 weeks to appear, but on 6000 miles a year with a diesel fitted with DPF you can be almost certain of expensive trouble ahead. I hope you give it an 'Italian tune-up' from time to time.
    I used to think that good grammar is important, but now I know that good wine is importanter.
    • ididntgetwhereiamtoday
    • By ididntgetwhereiamtoday 18th Apr 17, 3:36 PM
    • 920 Posts
    • 746 Thanks
    ididntgetwhereiamtoday

Your DPF issues will take longer than 7 weeks to appear, but on 6000 miles a year with a diesel fitted with DPF you can be almost certain of expensive trouble ahead. I hope you give it an 'Italian tune-up' from time to time.
    Originally posted by iolanthe07
    Those issues should be covered by the 3 year warranty though?
    I didn't get where i am today by not reading moneysavingexpert.com
    • iolanthe07
    • By iolanthe07 18th Apr 17, 4:13 PM
    • 4,800 Posts
    • 4,552 Thanks
    iolanthe07
    Those issues should be covered by the 3 year warranty though?
    Originally posted by ididntgetwhereiamtoday
    Possibly. You'd have to read what is covered by the warranty - it may not include blocked DPFs, and what happens after three years? Why can't Dacia offer 5 or 7 year warranties (as Hyundai, Honda, Kia etc.)?
    I used to think that good grammar is important, but now I know that good wine is importanter.
    • gabitzul
    • By gabitzul 19th Apr 17, 3:48 PM
    • 237 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    gabitzul
    Why can't Dacia offer 5 or 7 year warranties (as Hyundai, Honda, Kia etc.)?
    Originally posted by iolanthe07
    They do. http://www.dacia.co.uk/services-and-finance/warranty/

But before signing on the dotted line the usual fine print reading obviously needs to happen...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,891Posts Today

8,186Users online

Martin's Twitter