50 Challenges 2017

Comments

• mansey
    mansey Posts: 4,584 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I have won an Ferrero Rocher Easter Egg worth £9.70 from a raffle at a hospital. I will cross of E for Easter Egg and F for Ferrero Rocher.
    I have completed 18/50 of my challenges.

Well done I hope you enjoy it :T

(Ferrero Rocher are the ONLY sweets I can think of that I don't like, not sure if that is a good or bad thing :rotfl: )
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.” - Billy Joel
    C2W........718/1000......FB...........526/1000
    IG...........667/1000......MD..........652/1000
    2020 January Challenge
    Simply Media 423/1000
    Winning Moments 85/1000
  • Marg2k8
    Marg2k8 Posts: 5,838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I have a question for the ladies, gentlemen, newts and any other animals of this forum. Back in February, I joined Weightwatchers and they had an offer where if you lost 10lb in 8 weeks, you could claim a £40 Very voucher. I have managed to lose said 10lb Yay! So have claimed my voucher. Do you think I can claim this as a win? Would love to be able to choose this as my effort competition, but don't want to if this is not really considered a competition, as anyone that lost said 10lb would 'win' one.

Incidentally, I didn't win any Easter eggs this year, so have failed that mini challenge miserably, but it is probably just as well, as it would not have helped with the diet LOL.

I do seem to remember that if I didn't win one, the forfeit was to give Mansey or The Newt an Easter Egg, but having popped to Asda and bought one, I see that the forum rules don't allow me to ask for addresses of forum members, so I can't post it. Perhaps I shall have to scoff it myself and ruin the diet!
  • Moneybot
    Moneybot Posts: 10,453 Forumite
    Marg2k8 wrote: »
    I have a question for the ladies, gentlemen, newts and any other animals of this forum. Back in February, I joined Weightwatchers and they had an offer where if you lost 10lb in 8 weeks, you could claim a £40 Very voucher. I have managed to lose said 10lb Yay! So have claimed my voucher. Do you think I can claim this as a win? Would love to be able to choose this as my effort competition, but don't want to if this is not really considered a competition, as anyone that lost said 10lb would 'win' one.

Incidentally, I didn't win any Easter eggs this year, so have failed that mini challenge miserably, but it is probably just as well, as it would not have helped with the diet LOL.

I do seem to remember that if I didn't win one, the forfeit was to give Mansey or The Newt an Easter Egg, but having popped to Asda and bought one, I see that the forum rules don't allow me to ask for addresses of forum members, so I can't post it. Perhaps I shall have to scoff it myself and ruin the diet!

There are other animals on the forum? EEK!!

First off well done on your weight loss. The newt has thought long and hard on this (or she might be a bit constipated, her thinking face and need a poo face are very similar). Unfortunately it has to be a no. The £40 was more of a reward or an incentive for or towards the weight loss goal not strictly a competition win. Also you presumably had to pay to join ergo pay to enter and we all know that's not the MSE way.

Bother on the Easter egg hadn't thought how we were going to collect on that one ....
    Rational judgement, now, at this very moment.

Virtuous action, now, at this very moment.
    (Wisdom, Courage, Self-control, Justice)

Willing acceptance - now, at this very moment - of what you can’t change
  • mansey
    The newt has thought long and hard on this (or she might be a bit constipated, her thinking face and need a poo face are very similar).

There's no help for you Missus :rotfl::rotfl:

I was going to totally disagree with the Newt as you made an amazing "effort" and won a prize for it :T

Then she made the point of having to pay weekly fees to attend Weight Watchers, I am not sure how much these are but I am sure they will be more than MSE allows us to pay to enter to win a prize :)

Dogs rule and Newts drool
    2020 January Challenge
    Simply Media 423/1000
    Winning Moments 85/1000
  • Moneybot
    mansey wrote: »

I was going to totally disagree with the Newt as you made an amazing "effort" and won a prize for it :T

Then she made the point of having to pay weekly fees to attend Weight Watchers, I am not sure how much these are but I am sure they will be more than MSE allows us to pay to enter to win a prize :)

Dogs roll over and Newts drool on all other animals

I think you'll find the newt is right ...

BTW the Grand Design tickets are not for the weekend only during the week which is really annoying.

As it's a link and a code would I be able to offer to people on here?

• mansey
    Moneybot wrote: »

As it's a link and a code would I be able to offer to people on here?

I can't see a problem with you PMing a code to a comper who would be interested in the tickets. :beer:
    2020 January Challenge
    Simply Media 423/1000
    Winning Moments 85/1000
  • mmm_wine
    mmm_wine Posts: 822 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    woo finally a twitter win!! I have won a bottle of Henny & Joes chocolate chai (i have nooo idea what chai is :rotfl: ) i shall cross off H and twitter win :D
  • Marg2k8
    Marg2k8 Posts: 5,838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Shame about Weightwatchers 'win' not counting, but I wouldn't dare argue with either Mansey or The Newt. So will just have to console myself by eating the egg I cannot send to you.
  • mansey
    mmm_wine wrote: »
    woo finally a twitter win!! I have won a bottle of Henny & Joes chocolate chai (i have nooo idea what chai is :rotfl: ) i shall cross off H and twitter win :D

I had to Google it :o

Chai is tea, let us know what chocolate tea is like ;)
    2020 January Challenge
    Simply Media 423/1000
    Winning Moments 85/1000
  • Moneybot
    mansey wrote: »
    I can't see a problem with you PMing a code to a comper who would be interested in the tickets. :beer:

Well apparently not. I posted a thread asking if anybody wanted them yesterday and it has been taken down. Presumably reported by someone who didn't bother to read that no contact details were needed.

Some people are berks...

Oh well the tickets will just go to waste then; shame it wasn't for the weekend i would have been able to go then.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport