Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mansey
    • By mansey 4th Dec 16, 8:50 PM
    • 3,023Posts
    • 10,158Thanks
    mansey
    50 Challenges 2017
    • 4th Dec 16, 8:50 PM
    50 Challenges 2017 4th Dec 16 at 8:50 PM
    NO MORE NAMES All 50 places have now been taken

Good Luck all

Last edited by mansey; 16-12-2016 at 10:46 PM.
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.”
    ― Billy Joel
Page 77
    • Moneybot
    • By Moneybot 7th Jul 17, 10:13 PM
    • 6,265 Posts
    • 178,602 Thanks
    Moneybot
    i came here all excited to cross off "V" as i just received these : 1 of 5000 VICHY samples
    only to realise i already crossed off "V" lol

good luck to anyone else who hasnt as there was a lot to win so a few of us may be lucky!
    Originally posted by lucinad
    I am so claiming this too.

BTW like everybody knows what a pinny is that is so not just a "northern" thing.
    Please note all references to "The Newt" are to my newt not to any other newt.

ps Yes I know the newt is my imaginary pet newt so is in fact a made up newt and the other newt or newts might be real newts but I don't care!!!!
    • mmm wine
    • By mmm wine 8th Jul 17, 1:53 PM
    • 617 Posts
    • 16,280 Thanks
    mmm wine
    Well done on wins guys! I have no wins to report... lol but I've not been comping much this week... have been poorly, and had school things to go to... and i've done my back in... and now my washing machine has died... so all in all, not a good week! lol
    • lucinad
    • By lucinad 8th Jul 17, 5:52 PM
    • 3,829 Posts
    • 154,074 Thanks
    lucinad
    Well done on wins guys! I have no wins to report... lol but I've not been comping much this week... have been poorly, and had school things to go to... and i've done my back in... and now my washing machine has died... so all in all, not a good week! lol
    Originally posted by mmm wine
    awww.... well as they say "things can only get better".... heres hoping you get some luck soon
    50 challenge letters: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
    September wins:
    • mansey
    • By mansey 8th Jul 17, 6:01 PM
    • 3,023 Posts
    • 10,158 Thanks
    mansey
    Originally posted by mmm wine
    Your supposed to keep the sob stories for the comp pages.

Must be tough having 27 kids and no washer though, you will have to take their clothes down to the river and beat them on a rock.
    (the clothes not the kids )
    ― Billy Joel
    • mmm wine
    • By mmm wine 8th Jul 17, 9:52 PM
    • 617 Posts
    • 16,280 Thanks
    mmm wine
    Your supposed to keep the sob stories for the comp pages.

Must be tough having 27 kids and no washer though, you will have to take their clothes down to the river and beat them on a rock.
    (the clothes not the kids )
    Originally posted by mansey
    hahaha noooo i will never use a sob story for a comp - i'll just moan to u guys instead

the repair man is coming on monday... thankfully my mum lives 5 min walk away so i'll get her to wash school uniforms for me

it's all kicking off on my road tonight... 5/6 police cars, just witnessed one of my neighbors punching a policeman square in the jaw - he'll regret that in the morning lol i thought i lived in a nice area
    • mansey
    • By mansey 9th Jul 17, 10:29 PM
    • 3,023 Posts
    • 10,158 Thanks
    mansey
    Anything exciting happened this weekend ladies and gents?

Anyone win something/roll in clover and get drunk/go abroad/beat washing on rocks ect.

I've done very little comping the weather has been lovely here we have had 3 nice walks, had a picnic, plodged in a river, found a Gruffalo and looked at a car.

Must get back to it or I will have to whinge about no wins again
    ― Billy Joel
    • lucinad
    • By lucinad 9th Jul 17, 11:07 PM
    • 3,829 Posts
    • 154,074 Thanks
    lucinad
    no wins for me, my daughter has been poorly since tuesday, started with a cold (she vomits whenever she gets bunged up.... so thats been nice!) and then she felt better by friday.... only to start with earache saturday night such an awful thing earache
    hoping she wakes up feeling better tomorrow
    September wins:
    • Newnan
    • By Newnan 9th Jul 17, 11:10 PM
    • 358 Posts
    • 3,341 Thanks
    Newnan
    Anything exciting happened this weekend ladies and gents?
    I've had a lovely weekend too, thanks for asking.

We've had daughter and youngest, so far, GD staying for a couple of nights. She was 2 last week, and slept here in a room by herself in a big girl bed for the very first time. She was so excited until it came to shutting the door, but she soon snuggled down. Woke just after six though, so we have had a couple of long days, with no comping, but lots of fun and love. I know which I prefer.
    • Newnan
    • By Newnan 9th Jul 17, 11:13 PM
    • 358 Posts
    • 3,341 Thanks
    Newnan
    no wins for me, my daughter has been poorly since tuesday, started with a cold (she vomits whenever she gets bunged up.... so thats been nice!) and then she felt better by friday.... only to start with earache saturday night such an awful thing earache
    Oh, earache is horrible. Hope she is starting to feel a bit better soon.
    • mansey
    • By mansey 9th Jul 17, 11:18 PM
    • 3,023 Posts
    • 10,158 Thanks
    mansey
    Aww poor bairn, it's awful when they are poorly because the parents suffer too with no sleep and extra work, and just feeling bad for them.
    Earache is a horrible thing that you can do almost nothing for which makes you feel bad, my youngest son had gromits at about 2 year old, I have had MANY sleepless night because of ear infections
    I hope she feels better tomorrow.

I've had a lovely weekend too, thanks for asking.

We've had daughter and youngest, so far, GD staying for a couple of nights. She was 2 last week, and slept here in a room by herself in a big girl bed for the very first time. She was so excited until it came to shutting the door, but she soon snuggled down. Woke just after six though, so we have had a couple of long days, with no comping, but lots of fun and love. I know which I prefer.
    Originally posted by Newnan
    Sounds like you've had a fab weekend Nana, time for a snooze then back to comping, it will be so quiet tomorrow
    Last edited by mansey; 09-07-2017 at 11:20 PM.
    ― Billy Joel
    • lucinad
    • By lucinad 10th Jul 17, 12:49 PM
    • 3,829 Posts
    • 154,074 Thanks
    lucinad
    she just received a green envelope with her name on the front.... her eyes lit up and the biggest smile.she was so excited! inside were some moshi monster trading cards,from this comp http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5669948&highlight=moshi+cards

500 runners up so some others might be lucky
    September wins:
    • Ms Dee
    • By Ms Dee 10th Jul 17, 1:02 PM
    • 2,486 Posts
    • 105,882 Thanks
    Ms Dee
    Sorry to hear those that haven't been well, I too have had a virus over the last week, which is finally shifting. Hope everyone is feeling better soon!
    No wins for me this month so far, not without trying.
    Congratulations lucinad on the moshi cards, sounds like they came at the right time
    Thank you to everyone who posts competitions and good luck to everyone who enters.

50 Challenges 2017 - 42/50
    • mansey
    • By mansey 10th Jul 17, 1:51 PM
    • 3,023 Posts
    • 10,158 Thanks
    mansey
    Did anyone get a parcel today?

I have been "Red Carded"

I will walk the ladies then pop to the Post Office to see what it was

All exciting
    ― Billy Joel
    • lucinad
    • By lucinad 10th Jul 17, 2:00 PM
    • 3,829 Posts
    • 154,074 Thanks
    lucinad
    Did anyone get a parcel today?

I have been "Red Carded"

I will walk the ladies then pop to the Post Office to see what it was

All exciting
    oooooh exciting! hope its something good!
    September wins:
    • fraserbooks
    • By fraserbooks 10th Jul 17, 2:15 PM
    • 244 Posts
    • 5,400 Thanks
    fraserbooks
    I got the Vichy samples, not sure if it is a win or a freebie.
    • mansey
    • By mansey 10th Jul 17, 2:52 PM
    • 3,023 Posts
    • 10,158 Thanks
    mansey
    oooooh exciting! hope its something good!
    Two packs of ladies "things" no idea where they came from
    ― Billy Joel
    • Moneybot
    • By Moneybot 10th Jul 17, 6:45 PM
    • 6,265 Posts
    • 178,602 Thanks
    Moneybot
    Sounds like you have all been busy/ill/winning/not winning (delete as applicable).

Not had a lot of time for comping, the nice weather has ment more time outside doing outside things. Also Master Bot's birthday so had to take him out and make cake.

A win is a freebie BTW.
    Please note all references to "The Newt" are to my newt not to any other newt.

ps Yes I know the newt is my imaginary pet newt so is in fact a made up newt and the other newt or newts might be real newts but I don't care!!!!
    • mmm wine
    • By mmm wine 10th Jul 17, 8:06 PM
    • 617 Posts
    • 16,280 Thanks
    mmm wine
    i've lost my comping ompf.... no idea why.... feel like i need to take a short break, but then i need to get these challenges ticked off

Anyone got any ompf i can have??
    • stefalfie11
    • By stefalfie11 11th Jul 17, 12:20 PM
    • 206 Posts
    • 6,490 Thanks
    stefalfie11
    You and me both mmm, my comping mojo has gone out of the window over the last week or so! Think it's partly been the lovely weather. We took Frankie for her first visit to the beach this week and she was a complete wimp with the sea but loved digging in the sand

Sorry to hear about all the illness going around, how is everyone now?

Had an email today to say that i've won a insinkerator instant hot and cold tap....apparently I can now throw away the kettle! I'll wait and see before acting on that I've added it as my july win but unfortunately it doesn't tick off any of my remaining letters.
    50 Challenge 2017 - 42/50
    • mansey
    • By mansey 11th Jul 17, 12:51 PM
    • 3,023 Posts
    • 10,158 Thanks
    mansey

Had an email today to say that i've won a insinkerator instant hot and cold tap....apparently I can now throw away the kettle! I'll wait and see before acting on that I've added it as my july win but unfortunately it doesn't tick off any of my remaining letters.
    Originally posted by stefalfie11
    If those are the things I am thinking of they cost over 1K so that is a very good win and another you can tick off
    ― Billy Joel
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

80Posts Today

1,916Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin