Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mansey
    • By mansey 4th Dec 16, 8:50 PM
    • 3,292Posts
    • 11,388Thanks
    mansey
    50 Challenges 2017
    • 4th Dec 16, 8:50 PM
    50 Challenges 2017 4th Dec 16 at 8:50 PM
    NO MORE NAMES All 50 places have now been taken

Good Luck all

Last edited by mansey; 16-12-2016 at 10:46 PM.
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.”
    ― Billy Joel
Page 70
    • ikkle87
    • By ikkle87 18th Jun 17, 7:44 PM
    • 8,148 Posts
    • 176,396 Thanks
    ikkle87
    If you haven't received your Dorset Tea Growing kit don't expect to get one, someone on another forum I use has messaged them and had the following reply:
    ''"Hello J - thank you for your message. Unfortunately, our website did not behave as expected once the first 1000 Growing Kits were claimed. This may have resulted in a few people seeing the success screen when they were not one of the first 1000 claimants. As our Growing Kits have all been sent out, if you have not received one then unfortunately you were one of those affected by this website error, and for that we must apologise. - The Dorset Tea Team.
    You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

xx Mama to a gorgeous Cranio Baby xx
    • Moneybot
    • By Moneybot 18th Jun 17, 8:25 PM
    • 6,535 Posts
    • 185,761 Thanks
    Moneybot
    If you haven't received your Dorset Tea Growing kit don't expect to get one, someone on another forum I use has messaged them and had the following reply:
    ''"Hello J - thank you for your message. Unfortunately, our website did not behave as expected once the first 1000 Growing Kits were claimed. This may have resulted in a few people seeing the success screen when they were not one of the first 1000 claimants. As our Growing Kits have all been sent out, if you have not received one then unfortunately you were one of those affected by this website error, and for that we must apologise. - The Dorset Tea Team.
    Originally posted by ikkle87
    A few people? Hmm I think it was more than a few...
    "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."
    Marcus Aurelius
    • Marg2k8
    • By Marg2k8 18th Jun 17, 10:17 PM
    • 4,166 Posts
    • 152,079 Thanks
    Marg2k8
    Does this mean we all have to cross it off our lists?

• Marg2k8
    • By Marg2k8 18th Jun 17, 10:49 PM
    • 4,166 Posts
    • 152,079 Thanks
    Marg2k8
    Competition here with 10,000 runner up prizes of Despicable Me fridge magnets for anyone still waiting on a June prize or one of those letters.
    Last edited by Marg2k8; 19-06-2017 at 7:13 AM.

• Moneybot
    • By Moneybot 19th Jun 17, 8:55 AM
    • 6,535 Posts
    • 185,761 Thanks
    Moneybot
    Competition here with 10,000 runner up prizes of Despicable Me fridge magnets for anyone still waiting on a June prize or one of those letters.
    Originally posted by Marg2k8
    Needs a code to enter
    "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."
    Marcus Aurelius
    • ikkle87
    • By ikkle87 19th Jun 17, 9:41 AM
    • 8,148 Posts
    • 176,396 Thanks
    ikkle87
    Needs a code to enter
    Originally posted by Moneybot
    its on their loafs of bread, if you do yellow sticker shopping you can usually get a loaf in reductions for between 9p and 35p on an evening x

Save
    You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

xx Mama to a gorgeous Cranio Baby xx
    • Moneybot
    • By Moneybot 19th Jun 17, 10:15 AM
    • 6,535 Posts
    • 185,761 Thanks
    Moneybot
    its on their loafs of bread, if you do yellow sticker shopping you can usually get a loaf in reductions for between 9p and 35p on an evening x

Save
    Originally posted by ikkle87
    Thanks

I don't actually shop - it comes to me.

I feel bad about taking the really cheap food because I don't need to if you know what I mean.
    Marcus Aurelius
    • mmm wine
    • By mmm wine 19th Jun 17, 1:15 PM
    • 633 Posts
    • 16,347 Thanks
    mmm wine
    OMG my kitchen

• Ms Dee
    • By Ms Dee 19th Jun 17, 2:33 PM
    • 2,691 Posts
    • 116,373 Thanks
    Ms Dee
    Wow mmm wine, how long are they expecting it to take?
    Thank you to everyone who posts competitions and good luck to everyone who enters.

50 Challenges 2017 - 44/50
    • mmm wine
    • By mmm wine 19th Jun 17, 4:37 PM
    • 633 Posts
    • 16,347 Thanks
    mmm wine
    Wow mmm wine, how long are they expecting it to take?
    Originally posted by Ms Dee
    ceiling should be completed Thursday... today i've had the electrition in to make the lights safe (he was quite handsome ) then the builders in to rip ceiling down... tomorrow the electrition is coming to make sure all the wiring is ok now the ceiling is down, and the builders coming to put plasterboard up.. Wednesday will be the plastering, then Thursday the electition back to put the lights back in! It's really stressing me out... and the builder is a grump... lol
    • mmm wine
    • By mmm wine 19th Jun 17, 7:50 PM
    • 633 Posts
    • 16,347 Thanks
    mmm wine
    Oh, one good thing though, they found my Fish is the Dish fish slice which i had lost (was behind the fridge) i was quite upset at loosing that
    Last edited by mmm wine; 19-06-2017 at 7:54 PM.
    • Ms Dee
    • By Ms Dee 19th Jun 17, 8:30 PM
    • 2,691 Posts
    • 116,373 Thanks
    Ms Dee
    Oh, one good thing though, they found my Fish is the Dish fish slice which i had lost (was behind the fridge) i was quite upset at loosing that
    Originally posted by mmm wine
    Jealous!!!
    Thank you to everyone who posts competitions and good luck to everyone who enters.

50 Challenges 2017 - 44/50
    • GPark
    • By GPark 19th Jun 17, 10:20 PM
    • 593 Posts
    • 12,251 Thanks
    GPark
    Haven't done much comping this month thanks to the arrival of a cockapoo puppy my 6 year old has named Lucky Snuggles

But I finally have a June win to report The Last Kingdom DVD boxset so I'm going to claim that as my T and June.

Also had £5 in a bag of crisps, but don't think there's anything I can use that for!
    October Wins:

Anchor Little Adventurers Backpack, Kiddy Cup from Nuby
    • Moneybot
    • By Moneybot 19th Jun 17, 10:23 PM
    • 6,535 Posts
    • 185,761 Thanks
    Moneybot
    Haven't done much comping this month thanks to the arrival of a cockapoo puppy my 6 year old has named Lucky Snuggles

But I finally have a June win to report The Last Kingdom DVD boxset so I'm going to claim that as my T and June.

Also had £5 in a bag of crisps, but don't think there's anything I can use that for!
    Originally posted by GPark

Well done on the win and your new arrival. Any pictures you can share? I assume you will be shouting Lucky accross crowded fields not the full name ...
    Marcus Aurelius
    • GPark
    • By GPark 19th Jun 17, 10:34 PM
    • 593 Posts
    • 12,251 Thanks
    GPark
    Well done on the win and your new arrival. Any pictures you can share? I assume you will be shouting Lucky accross crowded fields not the full name ...
    Originally posted by Moneybot
    Oh yes, we'll definitely be calling her Lucky , hoping the Snuggles bit will gradually get dropped as my son gets older Tried for several hours to talk him out of snuggles, but when he gets an idea its impossible to persuade him differently, so we compromised on Snuggles as a middle name, my 9 year old is not amused

Lots of pictures, and I'd happily share one, but I have no idea how? If you can give me an idiots guide on how to post one, I'll post one in the morning
    October Wins:

• stefalfie11
    • By stefalfie11 20th Jun 17, 10:41 AM
    • 222 Posts
    • 6,646 Thanks
    stefalfie11
    Congratulations on your new arrival GPark!

I've had a notification on facebook that i've won a wild bird starter kit including feeders and some different types of bird seed. Fingers crossed it'll bring more birds into the garden, at the moment, Frankie's over enthusiastic bounding around seems to be scaring them off! I've ticked off F on my alphabet
    50 Challenge 2017 - 45/50
    • lucinad
    • By lucinad 20th Jun 17, 4:22 PM
    • 3,891 Posts
    • 155,882 Thanks
    lucinad
    ive won a trampoline my daughter has been asking for a trampoline but i think it might be a 6ft one, she will enjoy it, but i dont think its big enough to do flips and spins on! just says trampoline on the email...so i cant be sure yet
    dont think i can cross anything off with it, as i have used "T"

i will update more when it is delivered on thursday
    50 challenge letters: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
    October wins: mustard goodies, cake & bake show tickets, honeybun cakes
    • Moneybot
    • By Moneybot 20th Jun 17, 6:11 PM
    • 6,535 Posts
    • 185,761 Thanks
    Moneybot
    Oh yes, we'll definitely be calling her Lucky , hoping the Snuggles bit will gradually get dropped as my son gets older Tried for several hours to talk him out of snuggles, but when he gets an idea its impossible to persuade him differently, so we compromised on Snuggles as a middle name, my 9 year old is not amused

Lots of pictures, and I'd happily share one, but I have no idea how? If you can give me an idiots guide on how to post one, I'll post one in the morning

If they are on facebook or similar social media just copy the image url and click on the "insert image" box on your post on here and paste the url into there.

There is a whole thread on here somewhere whee we taught mansey how to do it.
    Marcus Aurelius
    • GPark
    • By GPark 20th Jun 17, 10:54 PM
    • 593 Posts
    • 12,251 Thanks
    GPark
    Woohoo! I figured it out

Last edited by GPark; 20-06-2017 at 10:56 PM.
    October Wins:

• GPark
    • By GPark 20th Jun 17, 10:56 PM
    • 593 Posts
    • 12,251 Thanks
    GPark
    October Wins:

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,484Posts Today

6,078Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin