Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mansey
    • By mansey 4th Dec 16, 8:50 PM
    • 2,950Posts
    • 9,829Thanks
    mansey
    50 Challenges 2017
    • 4th Dec 16, 8:50 PM
    50 Challenges 2017 4th Dec 16 at 8:50 PM
    NO MORE NAMES All 50 places have now been taken

Good Luck all

Last edited by mansey; 16-12-2016 at 10:46 PM.
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.”
    ― Billy Joel
Page 68
    • Newnan
    • By Newnan 12th Jun 17, 3:20 PM
    • 357 Posts
    • 3,340 Thanks
    Newnan
    Someone (no names will be mentioned) suggested Love Honey, and after I Googled it

I said "No sex we're British"

Poor Nanny in the Black Cun treeee will have heart flutters
    Originally posted by mansey
    OOOOh my heart flutters regularly, even when I'm not in the Black Country, - but I'm not going to tell you why

Oh, all right then .....

If you insist .....

My heart was afluttering yesterday because I spent a wonderful day with my oldest three granddaughters, six and four, who I don't get to see as often as I would like.

And just in case a certain dog lady thinks I can't add up, I have four year old twin granddaughters and a six year old.
    • mmm wine
    • By mmm wine 13th Jun 17, 9:31 AM
    • 600 Posts
    • 16,066 Thanks
    mmm wine

Your trip sounds lovely mmm. What are you going to do all the way up there or just general sightseeing?
    Originally posted by stefalfie11
    I have no idea... i'm not one for planning or being organised so will just see what happens when we get up there i do know that one evening we will be going for a meal (included in the prize) I think it's french though, i don't think i will like french food
    • mansey
    • By mansey 13th Jun 17, 3:41 PM
    • 2,950 Posts
    • 9,829 Thanks
    mansey
    I have no idea... i'm not one for planning or being organised so will just see what happens when we get up there i do know that one evening we will be going for a meal (included in the prize) I think it's french though, i don't think i will like french food
    Originally posted by mmm wine
    If you start off thinking you won't like the French food, you will put yourself off, be open minded Missus.

I had frogs legs and snails in a French lesson at school many years ago and both were OK all you can taste on French food is garlic.
    ― Billy Joel
    • silverfox11
    • By silverfox11 14th Jun 17, 2:02 AM
    • 396 Posts
    • 1,350 Thanks
    silverfox11
    I try frogs legs at school they just taste like chicken, don't think I like to try snails
    • mansey
    • By mansey 14th Jun 17, 12:37 PM
    • 2,950 Posts
    • 9,829 Thanks
    mansey
    I try frogs legs at school they just taste like chicken, don't think I like to try snails
    Originally posted by silverfox11
    I am sure any unsure meat tastes like chicken

Snails are like a less chewy version of mussels but covered in garlic
    ― Billy Joel
    • Ms Dee
    • By Ms Dee 14th Jun 17, 1:15 PM
    • 2,360 Posts
    • 100,756 Thanks
    Ms Dee
    After not being able to sleep and doing competitions most of the night, then getting rudely awoken by a fake phone call. I have a small win from yesterday to report, of some wax melts for my warmer.

I also came across some competitions that may be use to those trying to get certain letters.

Q
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5664337

X
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5664238

Z
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5664196

Good Luck with the sorting out mmm wine and with the Kitchen, I hope you have a fantastic time away!
    Thank you to everyone who posts competitions and good luck to everyone who enters.

50 Challenges 2017 - 41/50
    • Phudge
    • By Phudge 14th Jun 17, 1:21 PM
    • 378 Posts
    • 4,387 Thanks
    Phudge
    No, I have not dropped off the face of the earth - I haven't won anything for 6 whole weeks!!

Anyway, today a small prize turned up - a Charles Worthington travel size Ultra Violet shampoo. Now, which letter shall I cross off? U?
    Penny
    • Phudge
    • By Phudge 14th Jun 17, 1:28 PM
    • 378 Posts
    • 4,387 Thanks
    Phudge
    Oh, I've already crossed off U with some Uniball pens so I am taking liberties and crossing off V for Violet Slap my wrists if that's not allowed!!
    Penny
    • silverfox11
    • By silverfox11 14th Jun 17, 5:40 PM
    • 396 Posts
    • 1,350 Thanks
    silverfox11
    Today yodel bought to me a tassimo coffee machine from belvita competition
    • mansey
    • By mansey 14th Jun 17, 5:59 PM
    • 2,950 Posts
    • 9,829 Thanks
    mansey
    Today yodel bought to me a tassimo coffee machine from belvita competition
    Originally posted by silverfox11
    Very nice, well done
    ― Billy Joel
    • mansey
    • By mansey 14th Jun 17, 6:14 PM
    • 2,950 Posts
    • 9,829 Thanks
    mansey
    Oh, I've already crossed off U with some Uniball pens so I am taking liberties and crossing off V for Violet Slap my wrists if that's not allowed!!
    Originally posted by Phudge
    The Newt is all seeing
    ― Billy Joel
    • lucinad
    • By lucinad 14th Jun 17, 11:35 PM
    • 3,813 Posts
    • 153,958 Thanks
    lucinad
    i have won a personalised thank you magnet for my daughters teacher not sure i can cross anything off but i am so pleased it is really fitting can i add it to my total £ tho?
    50 challenge letters: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
    August wins: frubes beach ball
    • mansey
    • By mansey 15th Jun 17, 12:11 AM
    • 2,950 Posts
    • 9,829 Thanks
    mansey
    i have won a personalised thank you magnet for my daughters teacher not sure i can cross anything off but i am so pleased it is really fitting can i add it to my total £ tho?
    Originally posted by lucinad
    Yeah, no problem
    ― Billy Joel
    • mmm wine
    • By mmm wine 15th Jun 17, 1:53 PM
    • 600 Posts
    • 16,066 Thanks
    mmm wine
    If you start off thinking you won't like the French food, you will put yourself off, be open minded Missus.

I had frogs legs and snails in a French lesson at school many years ago and both were OK all you can taste on French food is garlic.
    well, i do like garlic so perhaps it will be ok...
    • mmm wine
    • By mmm wine 15th Jun 17, 1:55 PM
    • 600 Posts
    • 16,066 Thanks
    mmm wine
    Good Luck with the sorting out mmm wine and with the Kitchen, I hope you have a fantastic time away!
    Originally posted by Ms Dee
    thanks!! I'm not getting very far with sorting the kitchen though.... i just don't know where to put everything all i seem to be doing is making a ruddy great mess! trying to bin as much as possible....
    • mansey
    • By mansey 15th Jun 17, 3:03 PM
    • 2,950 Posts
    • 9,829 Thanks
    mansey
    thanks!! I'm not getting very far with sorting the kitchen though.... i just don't know where to put everything all i seem to be doing is making a ruddy great mess! trying to bin as much as possible....
    My youngest son has just packed a house up and moved back in with us for a while, so I have the contents of 2 houses in my house, there's always somewhere to squash something in.
    ― Billy Joel
    • mmm wine
    • By mmm wine 15th Jun 17, 4:51 PM
    • 600 Posts
    • 16,066 Thanks
    mmm wine
    My youngest son has just packed a house up and moved back in with us for a while, so I have the contents of 2 houses in my house, there's always somewhere to squash something in.
    I think i have already squashed things in to every available place i'm terrible for keeping hold of random things, i think i need a skip and just be ruthless and chuck loads of stuff! lol
    • lucinad
    • By lucinad 15th Jun 17, 7:13 PM
    • 3,813 Posts
    • 153,958 Thanks
    lucinad
    i have won a family charging selection?! not sure what it is or how much it is worth, but i cant work it into my alphabet!
    50 challenge letters: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
    August wins: frubes beach ball
    • Moneybot
    • By Moneybot 15th Jun 17, 8:39 PM
    • 6,196 Posts
    • 176,244 Thanks
    Moneybot
    i have won a family charging selection?! not sure what it is or how much it is worth, but i cant work it into my alphabet!
    Originally posted by lucinad
    From which competition?

The newt may be able to give guidance ....
    Please note all references to "The Newt" are to my newt not to any other newt.

ps Yes I know the newt is my imaginary pet newt so is in fact a made up newt and the other newt or newts might be real newts but I don't care!!!!
    • stefalfie11
    • By stefalfie11 15th Jun 17, 9:14 PM
    • 202 Posts
    • 6,458 Thanks
    stefalfie11
    The French use lots of wine in their cooking in my experience! Possibly not echo falls but still, think of the wine and you'll be fine let us know what you choose, i'm intrigued to know how you find it!

I seem to be on a Ralph Lauren spree at the moment, had a message today that i'd won a wallet to go with the belt that I won a few days ago. I can't manipulate it to fit into any of my spare alphabet letters though unfortunately have updated my total though!
    50 Challenge 2017 - 42/50
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,494Posts Today

6,737Users online

Martin's Twitter