Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mansey
    • By mansey 4th Dec 16, 8:50 PM
    • 2,951Posts
    • 9,835Thanks
    mansey
    50 Challenges 2017
    • 4th Dec 16, 8:50 PM
    50 Challenges 2017 4th Dec 16 at 8:50 PM
    NO MORE NAMES All 50 places have now been taken

Good Luck all

Last edited by mansey; 16-12-2016 at 10:46 PM.
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.”
    ― Billy Joel
Page 55
    • mansey
    • By mansey 19th May 17, 8:33 PM
    • 2,951 Posts
    • 9,835 Thanks
    mansey

i like it! it could lead to entering some strange competitions just to get a room crossed off...i mean who know what oddities we have in our bedrooms!
    Originally posted by lucinad
    I don't want to know, I REALLY don't want to know
    ― Billy Joel
    • Newnan
    • By Newnan 19th May 17, 8:38 PM
    • 357 Posts
    • 3,340 Thanks
    Newnan
    I don't want to know, I REALLY don't want to know
    Originally posted by mansey
    I think she means " I really DO want to know"
    • mmm wine
    • By mmm wine 19th May 17, 8:39 PM
    • 602 Posts
    • 16,069 Thanks
    mmm wine
    Well tell us what you bought then
    well, tomorrow night i am doing a 6 mile midnight walk for charity... and i realised i didn't own any trainers so i got some trainers.. and because the theme is neon i got a tutu, leg warmers, florescent orange nail varnish, and UV orange eye liner... i've just had a practice with the eyeliner and made a right mess with it though so might not bother with that.. lol
    • mansey
    • By mansey 19th May 17, 8:42 PM
    • 2,951 Posts
    • 9,835 Thanks
    mansey
    well, tomorrow night i am doing a 6 mile midnight walk for charity... and i realised i didn't own any trainers so i got some trainers.. and because the theme is neon i got a tutu, leg warmers, florescent orange nail varnish, and UV orange eye liner... i've just had a practice with the eyeliner and made a right mess with it though so might not bother with that.. lol
    Originally posted by mmm wine
    Oh well done you and good luck

I don't think I would like to be wearing new trainers for a 6 mile walk though, maybe invest in some blister plasters too

We don't believe the florescent bit, so photographic evidence is needed
    ― Billy Joel
    • mansey
    • By mansey 20th May 17, 8:02 AM
    • 2,951 Posts
    • 9,835 Thanks
    mansey
    I went to bed at 10pm last night and got up at 6am, which is a shock alone

When I went to bed I had cleared all of my emails, 8 hours later when I turned on my computer I had 397 emails again, these aren't even sent by people they are just automated emails.

They know how to hide those unsubscribe buttons well too, then you get another email to tell you have successfully unsubscribed

I have spent almost the last 2 hours unsubscribing from mailing lists and they are still coming in as quick as I am deleting them, the joys of comping

Is it bedtime yet
    Last edited by mansey; 20-05-2017 at 8:09 AM.
    ― Billy Joel
    • Moneybot
    • By Moneybot 20th May 17, 1:49 PM
    • 6,197 Posts
    • 176,331 Thanks
    Moneybot
    Afternoon

Why bother to delete the emails? Just have them in a separate folder.

I can see the winning prizes for rooms has already started to lead to the bending of the rules we have come to know and love on here!

Given that anything we win has to go somewhere it would be really easy to cheat. Not that I'm saying that's a bad thing. I can see all those goodread winnings keeping books in every room in the house mind you ...
    Please note all references to "The Newt" are to my newt not to any other newt.

ps Yes I know the newt is my imaginary pet newt so is in fact a made up newt and the other newt or newts might be real newts but I don't care!!!!
    • mansey
    • By mansey 20th May 17, 2:08 PM
    • 2,951 Posts
    • 9,835 Thanks
    mansey
    Afternoon

Why bother to delete the emails? Just have them in a separate folder.
    Originally posted by Moneybot
    They are companies I have signed up to the newsletter or subcribed to through comping. They just coming time after time so I am unsubscribing to stop them.

According to Unroll Me I have over 1600 regular subscriptions
    ― Billy Joel
    • Marg2k8
    • By Marg2k8 20th May 17, 2:41 PM
    • 4,011 Posts
    • 146,875 Thanks
    Marg2k8
    I never bother unsubscribing to emails. I have a separate comping email address so I don't miss anything I need for other stuff. Then I just search emails for winner, won, well done, confirm, congratulations, congrats and if it does not contain any of these terms, I scan down the subject line, then delete the lot.

Of course, I may miss some, but that is a risk I am prepared to take. (I chanced upon one in deleted once that said "your name has been drawn to receive", but I think most WEMs will contain one of the above terms.

I have often entered competitions where the company choose a subscriber say once a month to win a prize and I wouldn't want to miss out on those by unsubscribing.

• mmm wine
    • By mmm wine 21st May 17, 10:31 AM
    • 602 Posts
    • 16,069 Thanks
    mmm wine
    whoop whoop, i did it!!!!!!!!!!!

• mmm wine
    • By mmm wine 21st May 17, 10:34 AM
    • 602 Posts
    • 16,069 Thanks
    mmm wine
    and my internet finally came back yesterday, so i am going to sit on my bum resting my feet and get some comps done
    • Moneybot
    • By Moneybot 21st May 17, 1:35 PM
    • 6,197 Posts
    • 176,331 Thanks
    Moneybot
    Well done you - take the weight off your feet and have a well deserved rest.

I have rubbed the newt for you so today is going to be your lucky day!

ps Yes I know the newt is my imaginary pet newt so is in fact a made up newt and the other newt or newts might be real newts but I don't care!!!!
    • mansey
    • By mansey 21st May 17, 1:55 PM
    • 2,951 Posts
    • 9,835 Thanks
    mansey
    whoop whoop, i did it!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by mmm wine
    Very well done

We wanted to see the tutu and legwarmers too
    Last edited by mansey; 21-05-2017 at 2:13 PM.
    ― Billy Joel
    • GPark
    • By GPark 21st May 17, 2:37 PM
    • 442 Posts
    • 11,575 Thanks
    GPark
    Just catching up on this thread, been busy with the rafflecopter thread so haven't posted much lately.

But I have 2 wins to report for May, Broadchurch Series 3 on DVD and a blu ray called Wild Oats. Don't remember ending for either of them though! I going to claim May and W for those two

Love the room idea for next years thread, I was going to suggest win Christmas (food/drink/presents etc) but I think the room one will be easier
    August Wins:

£100 Itunes Voucher
    , £50, Children Of A Dead Earth books, Neruda DVD
    • mansey
    • By mansey 21st May 17, 3:14 PM
    • 2,951 Posts
    • 9,835 Thanks
    mansey
    Just catching up on this thread, been busy with the rafflecopter thread so haven't posted much lately.

But I have 2 wins to report for May, Broadchurch Series 3 on DVD and a blu ray called Wild Oats. Don't remember ending for either of them though! I going to claim May and W for those two

Love the room idea for next years thread, I was going to suggest win Christmas (food/drink/presents etc) but I think the room one will be easier
    Originally posted by GPark
    Do you not need several alcoholic beverages after catching up on this thread?

I love Broadchurch tis a real shame it finished after only 3 seasons, Wild oats sounds rude

And well done on the RC/Gleam thread
    ― Billy Joel
    • ikkle87
    • By ikkle87 21st May 17, 3:37 PM
    • 8,132 Posts
    • 176,332 Thanks
    ikkle87
    So I've won a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles XL Ralph, can I claim it as my X lol
    You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

xx Mama to a gorgeous Cranio Baby xx
    • mmm wine
    • By mmm wine 21st May 17, 3:43 PM
    • 602 Posts
    • 16,069 Thanks
    mmm wine
    Well done you - take the weight off your feet and have a well deserved rest.

I have rubbed the newt for you so today is going to be your lucky day!
    aww thanks

i am not able to have a proper lazy day as planned though.. other half had his brother round last night.. they drunk lots of can's of lager, lots of bottles of ale, and nearly a whole large bottle of gin! so needless to say, other half is feeling a bit worse for wear and is in bed... so i'm having to deal with the kids etc.. grrr.. i am doing the bare minimum though
    • mmm wine
    • By mmm wine 21st May 17, 3:45 PM
    • 602 Posts
    • 16,069 Thanks
    mmm wine
    Very well done

We wanted to see the tutu and legwarmers too
    i hate having my pic taken and am not very photogenic!! do have a couple of pics of me with my sis inlaws but i look a right state
    • Moneybot
    • By Moneybot 21st May 17, 4:22 PM
    • 6,197 Posts
    • 176,331 Thanks
    Moneybot
    So I've won a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles XL Ralph, can I claim it as my X lol
    Originally posted by ikkle87
    I would say no but I will check with the newt...

The newt says no

• mansey
    • By mansey 21st May 17, 5:12 PM
    • 2,951 Posts
    • 9,835 Thanks
    mansey
    I would say no but I will check with the newt...

The newt says no
    He's an XL Ralph though
    ― Billy Joel
    • Moneybot
    • By Moneybot 21st May 17, 5:34 PM
    • 6,197 Posts
    • 176,331 Thanks
    Moneybot
    He's an XL Ralph though
    We both know such a path leads to madness ....

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

219Posts Today

3,071Users online

Martin's Twitter