Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mansey
    • By mansey 4th Dec 16, 8:50 PM
    • 2,940Posts
    • 9,749Thanks
    mansey
    50 Challenges 2017
    • 4th Dec 16, 8:50 PM
    50 Challenges 2017 4th Dec 16 at 8:50 PM
    NO MORE NAMES All 50 places have now been taken

Good Luck all

Last edited by mansey; 16-12-2016 at 10:46 PM.
    I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.
    ― Billy Joel
Page 54
    • mansey
    • By mansey 18th May 17, 12:29 AM
    • 2,940 Posts
    • 9,749 Thanks
    mansey
    I thought we said in the past that a guaranteed "win" isn't really a win, so can't be counted, as not really a competition? It's just claiming a sample on first come first served basis.....
    Originally posted by 2013yearofthehouse
    Your a braver woman than me to say that
    ― Billy Joel
    • mmm wine
    • By mmm wine 18th May 17, 9:59 AM
    • 600 Posts
    • 16,064 Thanks
    mmm wine
    my internet is still playing up.. the're saying it won't be fixed until 1pm ish... i give up trying to comp and going to do some housework instead...
    • mansey
    • By mansey 18th May 17, 1:01 PM
    • 2,940 Posts
    • 9,749 Thanks
    mansey
    my internet is still playing up.. the're saying it won't be fixed until 1pm ish... i give up trying to comp and going to do some housework instead...
    Originally posted by mmm wine
    Tis a hard life without internet, it must be REALLY bad if you have to go do housework
    ― Billy Joel
    • Moneybot
    • By Moneybot 18th May 17, 1:31 PM
    • 6,179 Posts
    • 175,881 Thanks
    Moneybot
    I thought we said in the past that a guaranteed "win" isn't really a win, so can't be counted, as not really a competition? It's just claiming a sample on first come first served basis.....
    Given there was only 1,000 not 100,000 and one could argue that the competition element was the race to enter before they ran out the newt is fairly happy with this one.

This has nothing to do with any need for the letter U as I have just noticed I have already crossed this off.
    Please note all references to "The Newt" are to my newt not to any other newt.

ps Yes I know the newt is my imaginary pet newt so is in fact a made up newt and the other newt or newts might be real newts but I don't care!!!!
    • mmm wine
    • By mmm wine 18th May 17, 4:27 PM
    • 600 Posts
    • 16,064 Thanks
    mmm wine
    Tis a hard life without internet, it must be REALLY bad if you have to go do housework
    Originally posted by mansey
    arghh it's doing my head in now!! still not ruddy fixed!! if i reset everything then i can get it to work for 10 mins.. but then it goes off again i need it back to help keep the kids entertained
    • mmm wine
    • By mmm wine 18th May 17, 4:36 PM
    • 600 Posts
    • 16,064 Thanks
    mmm wine
    i'm also pee'd off cos i had finally caught up with the main board on Wednesday!! now i'm behind again lol
    • mansey
    • By mansey 18th May 17, 4:53 PM
    • 2,940 Posts
    • 9,749 Thanks
    mansey
    i'm also pee'd off cos i had finally caught up with the main board on Wednesday!! now i'm behind again lol
    You don't deserve internet if you have caught up with the board

I have been here about 6 year and never got to page 1 yet
    ― Billy Joel
    • lucinad
    • By lucinad 19th May 17, 2:40 PM
    • 3,811 Posts
    • 153,939 Thanks
    lucinad
    hmmmm i have won a can of branston baked beans..... my dilemma is.... "B" and "under 1" are already used! lol

they are a fabulous source of....... errr Iron..... can i have "I"????????? lol (not feeling confident on this one!)
    or "L" for legumes???? you know you all ask for a can of legumes avec tomate
    Last edited by lucinad; 19-05-2017 at 2:42 PM.
    50 challenge letters: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
    August wins: frubes beach ball
    • Moneybot
    • By Moneybot 19th May 17, 3:16 PM
    • 6,179 Posts
    • 175,881 Thanks
    Moneybot
    hmmmm i have won a can of branston baked beans..... my dilemma is.... "B" and "under 1" are already used! lol

they are a fabulous source of....... errr Iron..... can i have "I"????????? lol (not feeling confident on this one!)
    Originally posted by lucinad
    You could have "T" for tin of beans but apart from that I think you know the newt's answer...
    Please note all references to "The Newt" are to my newt not to any other newt.

ps Yes I know the newt is my imaginary pet newt so is in fact a made up newt and the other newt or newts might be real newts but I don't care!!!!
    • mansey
    • By mansey 19th May 17, 3:35 PM
    • 2,940 Posts
    • 9,749 Thanks
    mansey

I've given up hope for you missus
    ― Billy Joel
    • mansey
    • By mansey 19th May 17, 3:41 PM
    • 2,940 Posts
    • 9,749 Thanks
    mansey
    I've had a message from one of our players this morning and although she admitted she was "dosed up" albeit on antihistamines for hay fever I think is quite a good idea.

What about winning a prize for each room of your house as part of the 2018 Challenge?

What do you think folks?
    Should be worth a laugh with you lot

Of course you keep your pans in the toilet
    ― Billy Joel
    • 2013yearofthehouse
    • By 2013yearofthehouse 19th May 17, 3:53 PM
    • 2,073 Posts
    • 37,067 Thanks
    2013yearofthehouse
    I've had a message from one of our players this morning and although she admitted she was "dosed up" albeit on antihistamines for hay fever I think is quite a good idea.

What about winning a prize for each room of your house as part of the 2018 Challenge?

What do you think folks?

Haha brilliant idea! A challenge I might actually do well at for a change!
    I've only got 2 rooms!!!
    I am similarly dosed up on antihistamines, can you tell?!
    • mansey
    • By mansey 19th May 17, 3:59 PM
    • 2,940 Posts
    • 9,749 Thanks
    mansey
    I wasn't going to extremes like win something for your swimming pool room/tennis courts/indoor cinema

But I think I may have gone for win something for your

Living room
    Kitchen
    Bedroom
    Bathroom
    Garden

I think that is reasonable

Am I the only one not "dosed up" on this thread
    ― Billy Joel
    • 2013yearofthehouse
    • By 2013yearofthehouse 19th May 17, 4:18 PM
    • 2,073 Posts
    • 37,067 Thanks
    2013yearofthehouse
    I wasn't going to extremes like win something for your swimming pool room/tennis courts/indoor cinema

But I think I may have gone for win something for your

Living room
    Kitchen
    Bedroom
    Bathroom
    Garden

I think that is reasonable

Am I the only one not "dosed up" on this thread
    In my case, I have a bathroom and then the kitchen/living room/bedroom are all my second "room" (although I have frosted glazed screens on a track that divide off the bedroom, technically my flat is all 1 room, with the exception of the bathroom). Although I have a hallway, do we count that as a room? Mine is the narrow corridor, no-where-to-put-anything-in-it variety, but some people have hallways with furniture etc. in.

We could have a pre-agreed list, so it's the same for everyone.

A sort of fantasy house, so you don't actually have to have all these spaces in the house/flat you actually live in.

Living room
    Kitchen
    Dining room (lots of houses don't have this as a separate room, just an "area")
    Bedroom
    Bathroom
    Junk room (all good houses have one of these or at the very least a junk cupboard, understairs or otherwise - good for runners up prizes!)
    Garden (even if you don't have one)
    Garage (or shed, even if you don't have either, could be anything car related or tools etc.)

Could even get really carried away and say:
    Swimming pool (representative of winning a holiday)
    Tennis court (representative of winning anything sporty - clothes, equipment or event tickets)
    Cinema (any type of entertainment tickets - cinema, theatre - or popcorn, film merchandise/goody bag)
    • mansey
    • By mansey 19th May 17, 4:24 PM
    • 2,940 Posts
    • 9,749 Thanks
    mansey
    In my case, I have a bathroom and then the kitchen/living room/bedroom are all my second "room" (although I have frosted glazed screens on a track that divide off the bedroom, technically my flat is all 1 room, with the exception of the bathroom). Although I have a hallway, do we count that as a room? Mine is the narrow corridor, no-where-to-put-anything-in-it variety, but some people have hallways with furniture etc. in.

We could have a pre-agreed list, so it's the same for everyone.

A sort of fantasy house, so you don't actually have to have all these spaces in the house/flat you actually live in.

Living room
    Kitchen
    Dining room (lots of houses don't have this as a separate room, just an "area")
    Bedroom
    Bathroom
    Junk room (all good houses have one of these or at the very least a junk cupboard, understairs or otherwise - good for runners up prizes!)
    Garden (even if you don't have one)
    Garage (or shed, even if you don't have either, could be anything car related or tools etc.)

Could even get really carried away and say:
    Swimming pool (representative of winning a holiday)
    Tennis court (representative of winning anything sporty - clothes, equipment or event tickets)
    Cinema (any type of entertainment tickets - cinema, theatre - or popcorn, film merchandise/goody bag)
    You need to cut down the dosage pet
    ― Billy Joel
    • mmm wine
    • By mmm wine 19th May 17, 7:45 PM
    • 600 Posts
    • 16,064 Thanks
    mmm wine
    my internet is still dead :'( they are saying it should be fixed by 9pm... but they have been telling me various diff times for the last 3 days so i will believe it when i see it!!

I have been to town today and spent my 60 win from last week

p.s.. love the idea for next years challenge!
    • lucinad
    • By lucinad 19th May 17, 7:49 PM
    • 3,811 Posts
    • 153,939 Thanks
    lucinad
    You could have "T" for tin of beans but apart from that I think you know the newt's answer...
    Originally posted by Moneybot
    unfortunately i only have " E, G, I, J, L, N, O, U, X, Y, Z"

I've given up hope for you missus
    awww dont give up on me! i will try harder! these last letters are tricky, you have to think out of the box!

What do you think folks?

i like it! it could lead to entering some strange competitions just to get a room crossed off...i mean who know what oddities we have in our bedrooms!
    50 challenge letters: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
    August wins: frubes beach ball
    • mansey
    • By mansey 19th May 17, 8:29 PM
    • 2,940 Posts
    • 9,749 Thanks
    mansey
    Divvent you be coming in here starting tonight

I have my Friday nights entertainment all sorted, I am going to have my tea, a quick bath, pour a glass of red and watch the "Unsigned Book" thread.

And I thought you lot were "squirrel food"
    ― Billy Joel
    • mansey
    • By mansey 19th May 17, 8:30 PM
    • 2,940 Posts
    • 9,749 Thanks
    mansey

I have been to town today and spent my 60 win from last week

p.s.. love the idea for next years challenge!
    Well tell us what you bought then
    ― Billy Joel
    • mansey
    • By mansey 19th May 17, 8:32 PM
    • 2,940 Posts
    • 9,749 Thanks
    mansey

i like it! it could lead to entering some strange competitions just to get a room crossed off...i mean who know what oddities we have in our bedrooms!
    I don't want to know, I REALLY don't want to know
    Last edited by mansey; 19-05-2017 at 8:34 PM.
    ― Billy Joel
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

103Posts Today

2,571Users online

Martin's Twitter