Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mansey
    • By mansey 4th Dec 16, 8:50 PM
    • 2,742Posts
    • 8,800Thanks
    mansey
    50 Challenges 2017
    • 4th Dec 16, 8:50 PM
    50 Challenges 2017 4th Dec 16 at 8:50 PM
    NO MORE NAMES All 50 places have now been taken

Good Luck all

Last edited by mansey; 16-12-2016 at 10:46 PM.
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.”
    ― Billy Joel
Page 53
    • bluesooz
    • By bluesooz 17th May 17, 7:38 PM
    • 4,069 Posts
    • 417,545 Thanks
    bluesooz
    just getting excuses ready in case I win anything vaguely pet related
    Big thanks to all who post
    • mansey
    • By mansey 17th May 17, 8:08 PM
    • 2,742 Posts
    • 8,800 Thanks
    mansey
    Don't try and bring me into this you know I only type for the newt on these matters...
    Originally posted by Moneybot
    I do have a cat but she likes to drink water out of a glass or even tea from a mug if she gets the chance, so looks like i could claim the mug - not that I've actually won a mug................
    Originally posted by bluesooz
    Ok just to be 100% clear under no circumstances can you claim a prize you haven't actually won.
    You pop out for an hour to get a few groceries and come back to this...........Maybe someone else would like to do next years challenge......Please........Pretty Please
    ― Billy Joel
    • Moneybot
    • By Moneybot 17th May 17, 8:17 PM
    • 6,081 Posts
    • 173,771 Thanks
    Moneybot
    You pop out for an hour to get a few groceries and come back to this...........Maybe someone else would like to do next years challenge......Please........Pretty Please
    Originally posted by mansey
    No I think you and the newt are doing fine ...
    Please note all references to "The Newt" are to my newt not to any other newt.

ps Yes I know the newt is my imaginary pet newt so is in fact a made up newt and the other newt or newts might be real newts but I don't care!!!!
    • mansey
    • By mansey 17th May 17, 8:25 PM
    • 2,742 Posts
    • 8,800 Thanks
    mansey
    No I think you and the newt are doing fine ...
    You speak for the Newt, I am having a nervous breakdown

I hurt from laughing and my screen gets covered in tea/coffee/coke too regularly
    ― Billy Joel
    • Moneybot
    • By Moneybot 17th May 17, 8:28 PM
    • 6,081 Posts
    • 173,771 Thanks
    Moneybot
    You speak for the Newt, I am having a nervous breakdown

I hurt from laughing and my screen gets covered in tea/coffee/coke too regularly

ooo I've heard about people using laptops for coke but never thought it would be a comper

ps Yes I know the newt is my imaginary pet newt so is in fact a made up newt and the other newt or newts might be real newts but I don't care!!!!
    • ikkle87
    • By ikkle87 17th May 17, 8:31 PM
    • 8,096 Posts
    • 176,144 Thanks
    ikkle87
    There are rarely any comps about for things for the pets we have - two bearded dragons named Boycie and Bovver, although I have found one for live food (locusts and roaches) so will enter although I may have to opt for trying to win something for my mothers cats instead.
    You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

xx Mama to a gorgeous Cranio Baby xx
    • mansey
    • By mansey 17th May 17, 8:35 PM
    • 2,742 Posts
    • 8,800 Thanks
    mansey
    There are rarely any comps about for things for the pets we have - two bearded dragons named Boycie and Bovver, although I have found one for live food (locusts and roaches) so will enter although I may have to opt for trying to win something for my mothers cats instead.
    Originally posted by ikkle87
    Oh more photos needed
    Fab names

Try to win a pet related toy/stuffed animal for the bairn

Winning a prize for a CAT!!! must be a last hope
    ― Billy Joel
    • ikkle87
    • By ikkle87 17th May 17, 8:50 PM
    • 8,096 Posts
    • 176,144 Thanks
    ikkle87
    This is Boycie. He's almost 4 and we rehomed him last year

This is Bovver (named after a character in Green Street although my little boy can't pronounce his V's properly and calls her Bobber and technically she might be a he we aren't sure yet) and she is around 4 months old and we rehomed her as the when she hatched she had her umbilical cord wrapped around her and because she wasn't 'perfect' the pet shops didn't want her.
    You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

• mansey
    • By mansey 17th May 17, 9:17 PM
    • 2,742 Posts
    • 8,800 Thanks
    mansey
    This is Boycie. He's almost 4 and we rehomed him last year

This is Bovver (named after a character in Green Street although my little boy can't pronounce his V's properly and calls her Bobber and technically she might be a he we aren't sure yet) and she is around 4 months old and we rehomed her as the when she hatched she had her umbilical cord wrapped around her and because she wasn't 'perfect' the pet shops didn't want her.
    Those are super cool too
    So pretty!!
    Can you sex those?
    What do those eat?
    And what do they live in?

They are just giant Newts Mrs Bot

You should hear Graham (my hubby) shouting NOOOO Giant snails and definitely NOOOOO Giant Newts LMAO
    ― Billy Joel
    • mansey
    • By mansey 17th May 17, 9:53 PM
    • 2,742 Posts
    • 8,800 Thanks
    mansey
    just getting excuses ready in case I win anything vaguely pet related
    Originally posted by bluesooz
    Do you know lucinad?
    ― Billy Joel
    • ikkle87
    • By ikkle87 17th May 17, 10:02 PM
    • 8,096 Posts
    • 176,144 Thanks
    ikkle87
    Those are super cool too
    So pretty!!
    Can you sex those?
    What do those eat?
    And what do they live in?

They are just giant Newts Mrs Bot

You should hear Graham (my hubby) shouting NOOOO Giant snails and definitely NOOOOO Giant Newts LMAO
    haha yeah you can sex them, you can do this really cool thing of lifting their tails up and shining a flashlight against the base of their tales and based on the shape of the shadow you see you can tell if it's male or female. Lots of people get what they think are males until they lay eggs lol as when they are so young it's difficult to determine their gender and females can lay eggs without ever having contact with a male, they just aren't fertile.

Foodwise they eat a mix of what we call greens so rocket, peashoots, butternut squash, tiny bit of carrot etc and they had some raspberry as a treat the other day and they eat live food too such as locusts, dubia roaches, crickets, morio worms, calci worms and Boycie gets Pachnoda grubs as a treat now and then which are grim cos they explode when he bites them. You can also breed the insects yourself in special set ups but I'm not keen on the thought of a 1000 roaches in a box in my airing cupboard haha.

They both have separate vivariums as they are solitary animals and I wouldn't want either of them to get hurt or killed if one of them turned. Boycie has only seen Bovver the once through the glass in his vivarium and he puffed his beard up and turned it black and head bobbed for ages which is both a sign of dominance and can be a sign of feeling frisky too and as she is so small it's just not worth the risk. Their vivariums have UV lights and a basking light as they need the heat to help digest and UV to help their bones as they are prone to metabolic bone disease so they also get vitamins and calcium put on their food, you have to feed the insects too. Then they have grass, logs, slate, hides etc.
    Save

• mansey
    • By mansey 17th May 17, 10:22 PM
    • 2,742 Posts
    • 8,800 Thanks
    mansey
    haha yeah you can sex them, you can do this really cool thing of lifting their tails up and shining a flashlight against the base of their tales and based on the shape of the shadow you see you can tell if it's male or female. Lots of people get what they think are males until they lay eggs lol as when they are so young it's difficult to determine their gender and females can lay eggs without ever having contact with a male, they just aren't fertile.

Foodwise they eat a mix of what we call greens so rocket, peashoots, butternut squash, tiny bit of carrot etc and they had some raspberry as a treat the other day and they eat live food too such as locusts, dubia roaches, crickets, morio worms, calci worms and Boycie gets Pachnoda grubs as a treat now and then which are grim cos they explode when he bites them. You can also breed the insects yourself in special set ups but I'm not keen on the thought of a 1000 roaches in a box in my airing cupboard haha.

They both have separate vivariums as they are solitary animals and I wouldn't want either of them to get hurt or killed if one of them turned. Boycie has only seen Bovver the once through the glass in his vivarium and he puffed his beard up and turned it black and head bobbed for ages which is both a sign of dominance and can be a sign of feeling frisky too and as she is so small it's just not worth the risk. Their vivariums have UV lights and a basking light as they need the heat to help digest and UV to help their bones as they are prone to metabolic bone disease so they also get vitamins and calcium put on their food, you have to feed the insects too. Then they have grass, logs, slate, hides etc.
    Save
    Very interesting

They don't sound the easiest of pets to keep though, although they are definitely different.

Can you handle them? I mean can the bairn pick them up and stroke them?
    ― Billy Joel
    • Moneybot
    • By Moneybot 17th May 17, 10:29 PM
    • 6,081 Posts
    • 173,771 Thanks
    Moneybot
    I do like this thread funny and informative. I have learnt a new word today - "vivariums".

I love the thought of separate vivariums. It's like a new kind of divorce.

• Moneybot
    • By Moneybot 17th May 17, 10:43 PM
    • 6,081 Posts
    • 173,771 Thanks
    Moneybot
    Heads up this looks like an easy way to get a "U"

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5651364

• mansey
    • By mansey 17th May 17, 10:55 PM
    • 2,742 Posts
    • 8,800 Thanks
    mansey
    I do like this thread funny and informative. I have learnt a new word today - "vivariums".

I love the thought of separate vivariums. It's like a new kind of divorce.
    The thread has been very funny but very educating today

Make ya wonder what the next monthly challenge could be
    ― Billy Joel
    • mansey
    • By mansey 17th May 17, 10:56 PM
    • 2,742 Posts
    • 8,800 Thanks
    mansey

Thanks for that Missus

I got one as the competition is still open, I won't cross it off till it arrives though
    ― Billy Joel
    • Moneybot
    • By Moneybot 17th May 17, 11:00 PM
    • 6,081 Posts
    • 173,771 Thanks
    Moneybot
    Thanks for that Missus

I got one as the competition is still open, I won't cross it off till it arrives though
    How do you know you got one?

I entered but i don't remember it saying you've won one?

• mansey
    • By mansey 17th May 17, 11:08 PM
    • 2,742 Posts
    • 8,800 Thanks
    mansey
    How do you know you got one?

I entered but i don't remember it saying you've won one?
    I thought I saw something that said the form will disappear when all the samples have been claimed, but now I don't see it.

Oh well, I filled the form to try and get one.

Thanks again for posting it for us pet
    ― Billy Joel
    • ikkle87
    • By ikkle87 17th May 17, 11:09 PM
    • 8,096 Posts
    • 176,144 Thanks
    ikkle87
    Very interesting

They don't sound the easiest of pets to keep though, although they are definitely different.

Can you handle them? I mean can the bairn pick them up and stroke them?

Yeah you can handle them. Boycie quite likes to lay on my shoulder or chest and likes being stroked. Bovver is not quite as easy to handle as she doesn't keep still for very long so you might get a minute or so of her in your hand and then she jumps and runs off but as she gets older and more used to us she will get easier to handle and hold.
    Save

• 2013yearofthehouse
    • By 2013yearofthehouse 18th May 17, 12:07 AM
    • 2,035 Posts
    • 36,428 Thanks
    2013yearofthehouse

Thanks for that Missus

I thought I saw something that said the form will disappear when all the samples have been claimed, but now I don't see it.

Oh well, I filled the form to try and get one.

Thanks again for posting it for us pet
    I thought we said in the past that a guaranteed "win" isn't really a win, so can't be counted, as not really a competition? It's just claiming a sample on first come first served basis.....
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

447Posts Today

4,294Users online

Martin's Twitter