Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mansey
    • By mansey 4th Dec 16, 8:50 PM
    • 2,742Posts
    • 8,800Thanks
    mansey
    50 Challenges 2017
    • 4th Dec 16, 8:50 PM
    50 Challenges 2017 4th Dec 16 at 8:50 PM
    NO MORE NAMES All 50 places have now been taken

Good Luck all

Last edited by mansey; 16-12-2016 at 10:46 PM.
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.”
    ― Billy Joel
Page 39
    • Marg2k8
    • By Marg2k8 19th Apr 17, 12:15 PM
    • 3,909 Posts
    • 142,683 Thanks
    Marg2k8
    Dorset Tea growing kits.
    Still some left, anyone who needs an April win as only 1000.
    or D, T, G or K.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5634672
    Originally posted by Ms Dee
    Thanks. Just crossed of K for Kit on this one.

• mansey
    • By mansey 19th Apr 17, 1:10 PM
    • 2,742 Posts
    • 8,800 Thanks
    mansey
    There must still be some left as I just got one too.

Thanks Ms Dee for the heads up

I'm not very good at gardening but I will try to grow Sunflowers
    ― Billy Joel
    • mansey
    • By mansey 19th Apr 17, 4:09 PM
    • 2,742 Posts
    • 8,800 Thanks
    mansey
    Just came across this old post that I had not seen before.

BEWARE it has some BAD language in it but it is so funny but true

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/i-entered-over-1000-competitions-in-one-month-and-this-is-what-i-won-283
    ― Billy Joel
    • 3forholidays
    • By 3forholidays 19th Apr 17, 7:26 PM
    • 1,116 Posts
    • 12,014 Thanks
    3forholidays
    Dorset Tea growing kits.
    Still some left, anyone who needs an April win as only 1000.
    or D, T, G or K.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5634672
    Originally posted by Ms Dee
    Big thanks Ms Dee!

I've just claimed one too! I'll count this one as my April win plus K for Kit & G for Growing.
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC 10 - No 043
    • fraserbooks
    • By fraserbooks 20th Apr 17, 1:44 PM
    • 182 Posts
    • 5,325 Thanks
    fraserbooks
    The Chutney arrived this morning with a bag of Easter eggs so I will claim E as well.
    • mmm wine
    • By mmm wine 20th Apr 17, 2:10 PM
    • 539 Posts
    • 15,580 Thanks
    mmm wine
    Had a carbon monoxide alarm turn up in the post this morning.. i will cross off A for alarm if that's allowed.. lol

Also claimed one of the dorset tea growing kits earlier this week... i shall cross of D
    • mansey
    • By mansey 20th Apr 17, 8:52 PM
    • 2,742 Posts
    • 8,800 Thanks
    mansey
    Had a carbon monoxide alarm turn up in the post this morning.. i will cross off A for alarm if that's allowed.. lol

Also claimed one of the dorset tea growing kits earlier this week... i shall cross of D
    Originally posted by mmm wine
    See this is what happens when your Newt is so soft Mrs Bot, folks take advantage of your kindness and cross off anything from The Challenge.

(I didn't say this but I think she drinks wine, I think her name is a bit of a hint If she wins another voucher goodness knows what she will buy, think of my poor old heart )

BTW where is Chrissie?
    She is waaaay too quiet, that must mean trouble
    Last edited by mansey; 20-04-2017 at 9:02 PM.
    ― Billy Joel
    • ikkle87
    • By ikkle87 20th Apr 17, 9:05 PM
    • 8,096 Posts
    • 176,144 Thanks
    ikkle87
    Claimed one of the dorset kits thanks for posting, not crossing anything off for it as it's a freebie not a comp win lolol.

My OH has got the comping bug now too, he's had two wins this week. An expensive Muvi 4k action cam worth £240 and a driving experience which he's thrilled about. This week I've won...... a kids book lol.
    You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

xx Mama to a gorgeous Cranio Baby xx
    • mansey
    • By mansey 20th Apr 17, 9:42 PM
    • 2,742 Posts
    • 8,800 Thanks
    mansey
    Claimed one of the dorset kits thanks for posting, not crossing anything off for it as it's a freebie not a comp win lolol.
    Originally posted by ikkle87
    You tell them Missus

Slinks off to cross off the Co-Op Easter Eggs win

(Well done to the Mister )
    ― Billy Joel
    • chrissie57
    • By chrissie57 20th Apr 17, 9:48 PM
    • 4,679 Posts
    • 118,834 Thanks
    chrissie57
    Nope, crossed off Dorset Teas kit and the Easter Egg hunt kit - otherwise would have nothing to show for April as well as March

But have won a six pack of walkers crisps on the paypacket promotion so also crossed off W for Walkers
    "If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together... there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you. "
    A.A. Milne

We are such stuff
    As dreams are made on; and our little life
    Is rounded with a sleep.

Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced (James Baldwin)
    • I Love comps
    • By I Love comps 21st Apr 17, 9:11 PM
    • 652 Posts
    • 2,014 Thanks
    I Love comps
    I have won an Ferrero Rocher Easter Egg worth £9.70 from a raffle at a hospital. I will cross of E for Easter Egg and F for Ferrero Rocher.
    I have completed 18/50 of my challenges.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping Boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are my own and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board Guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • mansey
    • By mansey 21st Apr 17, 10:36 PM
    • 2,742 Posts
    • 8,800 Thanks
    mansey
    I have won an Ferrero Rocher Easter Egg worth £9.70 from a raffle at a hospital. I will cross of E for Easter Egg and F for Ferrero Rocher.
    I have completed 18/50 of my challenges.
    Originally posted by I Love comps
    Well done I hope you enjoy it

(Ferrero Rocher are the ONLY sweets I can think of that I don't like, not sure if that is a good or bad thing )
    ― Billy Joel
    • Marg2k8
    • By Marg2k8 22nd Apr 17, 8:38 AM
    • 3,909 Posts
    • 142,683 Thanks
    Marg2k8
    I have a question for the ladies, gentlemen, newts and any other animals of this forum. Back in February, I joined Weightwatchers and they had an offer where if you lost 10lb in 8 weeks, you could claim a £40 Very voucher. I have managed to lose said 10lb Yay! So have claimed my voucher. Do you think I can claim this as a win? Would love to be able to choose this as my effort competition, but don't want to if this is not really considered a competition, as anyone that lost said 10lb would 'win' one.

Incidentally, I didn't win any Easter eggs this year, so have failed that mini challenge miserably, but it is probably just as well, as it would not have helped with the diet LOL.

I do seem to remember that if I didn't win one, the forfeit was to give Mansey or The Newt an Easter Egg, but having popped to Asda and bought one, I see that the forum rules don't allow me to ask for addresses of forum members, so I can't post it. Perhaps I shall have to scoff it myself and ruin the diet!

• Moneybot
    • By Moneybot 22nd Apr 17, 12:20 PM
    • 6,081 Posts
    • 173,770 Thanks
    Moneybot
    I have a question for the ladies, gentlemen, newts and any other animals of this forum. Back in February, I joined Weightwatchers and they had an offer where if you lost 10lb in 8 weeks, you could claim a £40 Very voucher. I have managed to lose said 10lb Yay! So have claimed my voucher. Do you think I can claim this as a win? Would love to be able to choose this as my effort competition, but don't want to if this is not really considered a competition, as anyone that lost said 10lb would 'win' one.

Incidentally, I didn't win any Easter eggs this year, so have failed that mini challenge miserably, but it is probably just as well, as it would not have helped with the diet LOL.

I do seem to remember that if I didn't win one, the forfeit was to give Mansey or The Newt an Easter Egg, but having popped to Asda and bought one, I see that the forum rules don't allow me to ask for addresses of forum members, so I can't post it. Perhaps I shall have to scoff it myself and ruin the diet!
    Originally posted by Marg2k8
    There are other animals on the forum? EEK!!

First off well done on your weight loss. The newt has thought long and hard on this (or she might be a bit constipated, her thinking face and need a poo face are very similar). Unfortunately it has to be a no. The £40 was more of a reward or an incentive for or towards the weight loss goal not strictly a competition win. Also you presumably had to pay to join ergo pay to enter and we all know that's not the MSE way.

Bother on the Easter egg hadn't thought how we were going to collect on that one ....
    Please note all references to "The Newt" are to my newt not to any other newt.

ps Yes I know the newt is my imaginary pet newt so is in fact a made up newt and the other newt or newts might be real newts but I don't care!!!!
    • mansey
    • By mansey 22nd Apr 17, 12:51 PM
    • 2,742 Posts
    • 8,800 Thanks
    mansey
    The newt has thought long and hard on this (or she might be a bit constipated, her thinking face and need a poo face are very similar).

There's no help for you Missus

I was going to totally disagree with the Newt as you made an amazing "effort" and won a prize for it

Then she made the point of having to pay weekly fees to attend Weight Watchers, I am not sure how much these are but I am sure they will be more than MSE allows us to pay to enter to win a prize

Dogs rule and Newts drool
    ― Billy Joel
    • Moneybot
    • By Moneybot 22nd Apr 17, 1:15 PM
    • 6,081 Posts
    • 173,770 Thanks
    Moneybot

I was going to totally disagree with the Newt as you made an amazing "effort" and won a prize for it

Then she made the point of having to pay weekly fees to attend Weight Watchers, I am not sure how much these are but I am sure they will be more than MSE allows us to pay to enter to win a prize

Dogs roll over and Newts drool on all other animals
    Originally posted by mansey
    I think you'll find the newt is right ...

BTW the Grand Design tickets are not for the weekend only during the week which is really annoying.

As it's a link and a code would I be able to offer to people on here?
    Please note all references to "The Newt" are to my newt not to any other newt.

ps Yes I know the newt is my imaginary pet newt so is in fact a made up newt and the other newt or newts might be real newts but I don't care!!!!
    • mansey
    • By mansey 22nd Apr 17, 1:38 PM
    • 2,742 Posts
    • 8,800 Thanks
    mansey

As it's a link and a code would I be able to offer to people on here?
    Originally posted by Moneybot
    I can't see a problem with you PMing a code to a comper who would be interested in the tickets.
    ― Billy Joel
    • mmm wine
    • By mmm wine 22nd Apr 17, 1:42 PM
    • 539 Posts
    • 15,580 Thanks
    mmm wine
    woo finally a twitter win!! I have won a bottle of Henny & Joes chocolate chai (i have nooo idea what chai is ) i shall cross off H and twitter win
    • Marg2k8
    • By Marg2k8 22nd Apr 17, 3:06 PM
    • 3,909 Posts
    • 142,683 Thanks
    Marg2k8
    Shame about Weightwatchers 'win' not counting, but I wouldn't dare argue with either Mansey or The Newt. So will just have to console myself by eating the egg I cannot send to you.

• mansey
    • By mansey 23rd Apr 17, 1:39 AM
    • 2,742 Posts
    • 8,800 Thanks
    mansey
    woo finally a twitter win!! I have won a bottle of Henny & Joes chocolate chai (i have nooo idea what chai is ) i shall cross off H and twitter win
    Originally posted by mmm wine
    I had to Google it

Chai is tea, let us know what chocolate tea is like
    ― Billy Joel
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

275Posts Today

1,976Users online

Martin's Twitter