Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mansey
    • By mansey 4th Dec 16, 8:50 PM
    • 2,500Posts
    • 7,640Thanks
    mansey
    50 Challenges 2017
    • 4th Dec 16, 8:50 PM
    50 Challenges 2017 4th Dec 16 at 8:50 PM
    NO MORE NAMES All 50 places have now been taken

Good Luck all

Last edited by mansey; 16-12-2016 at 10:46 PM.
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.”
    ― Billy Joel
Page 26
    • ikkle87
    • By ikkle87 7th Mar 17, 7:22 PM
    • 8,075 Posts
    • 176,041 Thanks
    ikkle87
    No, I've been after one of them for awhile and I forgot to enter today *Sob*
    Originally posted by Ms Dee
    the comp doesn't close while midnight
    Save
    You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

xx Mama to a gorgeous Cranio Baby xx
    • Ms Dee
    • By Ms Dee 8th Mar 17, 11:09 AM
    • 1,837 Posts
    • 79,971 Thanks
    Ms Dee
    the comp doesn't close while midnight
    Originally posted by ikkle87
    Thanks ikkle I thought it was the usual 5pm like most competitions.

Todays win: Necessary to Life: A Memoir of Devotion, Cancer and Abundant Love worth £12.16
    Value added.
    Thank you to everyone who posts competitions and good luck to everyone who enters.

50 Challenges 2017 - 35/50
    • mmm wine
    • By mmm wine 8th Mar 17, 5:22 PM
    • 444 Posts
    • 14,906 Thanks
    mmm wine
    i have won another personalised kitkat... i will use if for March win as i'm not feeling very hopeful i'll win much this month.. lol I've now won enough kitkats for my kids to have one each (4) so will not enter for anymore
    • mansey
    • By mansey 8th Mar 17, 7:00 PM
    • 2,500 Posts
    • 7,640 Thanks
    mansey
    i have won another personalised kitkat... i will use if for March win as i'm not feeling very hopeful i'll win much this month.. lol I've now won enough kitkats for my kids to have one each (4) so will not enter for anymore
    Originally posted by mmm wine
    Where is the Kit Kat comp?
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.”
    ― Billy Joel
    • StokieBecks
    • By StokieBecks 8th Mar 17, 7:06 PM
    • 4,250 Posts
    • 24,915 Thanks
    StokieBecks
    It's a purchase one Mansey and all the codes are unique. Think it must be on here somewhere but I've only seen it from a wrapper
    • thorne101
    • By thorne101 9th Mar 17, 11:12 AM
    • 28 Posts
    • 113 Thanks
    thorne101
    I won the lottery!! £30 on the towns lottery - does that count for anything?
    Best win of 2016 - Fantastic Beasts European Premiere Tickets
    • Moneybot
    • By Moneybot 9th Mar 17, 11:23 AM
    • 5,690 Posts
    • 164,163 Thanks
    Moneybot
    I won the lottery!! £30 on the towns lottery - does that count for anything?
    Originally posted by thorne101
    Newt says yes.

Pick a letter
    Please note all references to "The Newt" are to my newt not to any other newt.

ps Yes I know the newt is my imaginary pet newt so is in fact a made up newt and the other newt or newts might be real newts but I don't care!!!!
    • thorne101
    • By thorne101 9th Mar 17, 11:28 AM
    • 28 Posts
    • 113 Thanks
    thorne101
    Newt says yes.

Pick a letter
    Originally posted by Moneybot
    Ok, I'll go for March, and T for Town Lottery (or T for Thirty)

Best win of 2016 - Fantastic Beasts European Premiere Tickets
    • Moneybot
    • By Moneybot 10th Mar 17, 12:53 PM
    • 5,690 Posts
    • 164,163 Thanks
    Moneybot
    And a March win! Not leaving it to the last day this time go me and the newt.

Won £100 love2shop vouchers on the Home energy competition. As I has to take photographs I am going to claim that as an effort one.

ps Yes I know the newt is my imaginary pet newt so is in fact a made up newt and the other newt or newts might be real newts but I don't care!!!!
    • Phudge
    • By Phudge 10th Mar 17, 4:53 PM
    • 366 Posts
    • 4,152 Thanks
    Phudge
    Another small win for me, one I had been hoping to win! Some Chalkola markers including metallic ones - going to have fun with them!

Will cross off C or M for markers, I can't remember which letters I have left
    Penny
    • Moneybot
    • By Moneybot 10th Mar 17, 7:14 PM
    • 5,690 Posts
    • 164,163 Thanks
    Moneybot
    Another small win for me, one I had been hoping to win! Some Chalkola markers including metallic ones - going to have fun with them!

Will cross off C or M for markers, I can't remember which letters I have left
    Originally posted by Phudge
    I've been trying everywhere to win those!

I might have to buy some - not totally sure why but I feel the need.

• Ms Dee
    • By Ms Dee 12th Mar 17, 9:31 AM
    • 1,837 Posts
    • 79,971 Thanks
    Ms Dee
    2x Books from goodreads this morning. Added to my prize value.
    Thank you to everyone who posts competitions and good luck to everyone who enters.

50 Challenges 2017 - 35/50
    • happysaz133
    • By happysaz133 12th Mar 17, 11:57 AM
    • 812 Posts
    • 13,865 Thanks
    happysaz133
    3 personalised kitkats arrived yesterday, so a win for March
    GOAL - win 72 prizes in 2016.
    SO FAR - 29!
    • I Love comps
    • By I Love comps 12th Mar 17, 9:40 PM
    • 564 Posts
    • 1,824 Thanks
    I Love comps
    Won £10 on the peoples postcode lottery. I will mark off L for lottery.
    Total challenges now completed are 13/50
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping Boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are my own and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board Guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • carbootcrazy
    • By carbootcrazy 13th Mar 17, 11:12 AM
    • 3,532 Posts
    • 19,890 Thanks
    carbootcrazy
    Well done, everyone. What a clever lot you are

I'm gutted to say that I'm bowing out of this challenge. I feel bad, especially as after Mansey chased me up I said I'd stay.

We're nearly halfway through March and I still haven't won a solitary prize this whole year to date. That's with entering everything I can, I seem to spend every minute of my free time finding and entering comps. I used to win so much more without even trying hard IYKWIM

I'm going to take a total break from comping, there's so much more I could usefully do with my time

I'll possibly pop in from time to time to see how you are all doing (and depress myself even more). I wish you all the very best of luck

Sorry to have let you down, Mansey xxx
    Make £10 A Day Challenge 2017. Jan-Mar: £922.23. Apr: £312.79
    3-6 Months Emergency Fund Challenge #12: £1200.00/£3000. This is such hard going but I will do it.

Original Debt: £56804 (@ LBM 02/13). Paid : £31743. Balance: £25061
    • stefalfie11
    • By stefalfie11 13th Mar 17, 9:16 PM
    • 163 Posts
    • 6,210 Thanks
    stefalfie11
    Had a message saying i'd won a £10 amazon voucher and an evo shave razor today so have added it onto my tally!

Where are all of our March wins, seems to be a slower month for us all at the moment
    50 Challenge 2017 - 31/50
    • Moneybot
    • By Moneybot 14th Mar 17, 8:26 AM
    • 5,690 Posts
    • 164,163 Thanks
    Moneybot
    Well done, everyone. What a clever lot you are

I'm gutted to say that I'm bowing out of this challenge. I feel bad, especially as after Mansey chased me up I said I'd stay.

I'm going to take a total break from comping, there's so much more I could usefully do with my time

I'll possibly pop in from time to time to see how you are all doing (and depress myself even more). I wish you all the very best of luck

Sorry to have let you down, Mansey xxx
    Originally posted by carbootcrazy
    Sorry to hear that you are leaving but as the newt says if you aren't enjoying it don't do it!

I know this isn't the right place for a whinge but anyways. I couldn't help but notice on the entry page for this competition

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5617626

there are some well know board members who posted blog comments on the 7th March but the competition wasn't posted on the board until today by the one and only Laks.

I would usually be fussed but they are also posters who have made comments about sharing and who cares how competitions are posted as long as they are posted. The newt says she is disappointed.

• carbootcrazy
    • By carbootcrazy 14th Mar 17, 8:35 AM
    • 3,532 Posts
    • 19,890 Thanks
    carbootcrazy
    Sorry to hear that you are leaving but as the newt says if you aren't enjoying it don't do it!
    Originally posted by Moneybot
    Thanks, Moneybot. Sound advice as ever from the newt. I'll miss her wise counsel and encouragement. I'll just have to rely on my superior and inscrutable cat although it's very difficult to fathom out what he's thinking (unless it's food-related)
    Make £10 A Day Challenge 2017. Jan-Mar: £922.23. Apr: £312.79
    3-6 Months Emergency Fund Challenge #12: £1200.00/£3000. This is such hard going but I will do it.

Original Debt: £56804 (@ LBM 02/13). Paid : £31743. Balance: £25061
    • Moneybot
    • By Moneybot 14th Mar 17, 8:44 AM
    • 5,690 Posts
    • 164,163 Thanks
    Moneybot
    Thanks, Moneybot. Sound advice as ever from the newt. I'll miss her wise counsel and encouragement. I'll just have to rely on my superior and inscrutable cat although it's very difficult to fathom out what he's thinking (unless it's food-related)
    Originally posted by carbootcrazy
    The newt will always be there for you despite the cat comment.

• happysaz133
    • By happysaz133 14th Mar 17, 11:19 AM
    • 812 Posts
    • 13,865 Thanks
    happysaz133
    Got a bundle of dog shampoos in the post yesterday, £26 worth from Frontline That is D sorted!
    GOAL - win 72 prizes in 2016.
    SO FAR - 29!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

85Posts Today

3,202Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @EmmaDark30: @MartinSLewis off on holiday next month all paid for with free cash for switching bank accounts! Thank you!

• MSE weekly email: Big Energy Switch 7, £5 Next/Zara etc, buy euros now?, 10xNectar, 2for1 gardens, urgent easyjet https://t.co/bS4J70hBbx

• Today's Twitter poll 2: following on, which of these professions would you trust least if you were using their services?

• Follow Martin