Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mansey
    • By mansey 4th Dec 16, 8:50 PM
    • 3,190Posts
    • 10,962Thanks
    mansey
    50 Challenges 2017
    • 4th Dec 16, 8:50 PM
    50 Challenges 2017 4th Dec 16 at 8:50 PM
    NO MORE NAMES All 50 places have now been taken

Good Luck all

Last edited by mansey; 16-12-2016 at 10:46 PM.
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.”
    ― Billy Joel
Page 111
    • mansey
    • By mansey 10th Oct 17, 11:57 AM
    • 3,190 Posts
    • 10,962 Thanks
    mansey
    The bird is back.................
    ― Billy Joel
    • Newnan
    • By Newnan 10th Oct 17, 2:21 PM
    • 361 Posts
    • 3,365 Thanks
    Newnan
    Sorry I've not been around lately and haven't updated my meagre wins in a while, due to real life getting in the way

BUT, I just had to share this with you. Still can't quite believe it, but I had a call this morning from Gerberit to say I'd won a £2,500 spend on bathroom stuff from this post,

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5690840&highlight=ekbb

So that's a few more of the challenges to be ticked off
    Last edited by Newnan; 10-10-2017 at 2:25 PM.
    • mansey
    • By mansey 10th Oct 17, 2:30 PM
    • 3,190 Posts
    • 10,962 Thanks
    mansey
    Sorry I've not been around lately and haven't updated my meagre wins in a while, due to real life getting in the way

BUT, I just had to share this with you. Still can't quite believe it, but I had a call this morning from Gerberit to say I'd won a £2,500 spend on bathroom stuff from this post,

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5690840&highlight=ekbb

So that's a few more of the challenges to be ticked off
    Originally posted by Newnan
    WOW!! Super win Nanny, well done
    ― Billy Joel
    • mansey
    • By mansey 10th Oct 17, 5:34 PM
    • 3,190 Posts
    • 10,962 Thanks
    mansey
    We're sexy and we know it!!
    Kite xx and Fizz xx

― Billy Joel
    • Ms Dee
    • By Ms Dee 11th Oct 17, 5:03 AM
    • 2,533 Posts
    • 107,435 Thanks
    Ms Dee
    Congratulations on your wins!

Gorgeous doggies ❤

Originally posted by mansey
    I just won 10p, my first October win
    Thank you to everyone who posts competitions and good luck to everyone who enters.

50 Challenges 2017 - 43/50
    • I Love comps
    • By I Love comps 11th Oct 17, 7:15 AM
    • 804 Posts
    • 2,442 Thanks
    I Love comps
    Thanks for posting about this as I have a no win month so far I shall have a go at this at hope for a win.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping Boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are my own and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board Guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Marg2k8
    • By Marg2k8 11th Oct 17, 7:17 AM
    • 4,125 Posts
    • 151,143 Thanks
    Marg2k8
    Thanks for posting about this as I have a no win month so far I shall have a go at this at hope for a win.
    Originally posted by I Love comps
    Me too

• mansey
    • By mansey 12th Oct 17, 11:52 AM
    • 3,190 Posts
    • 10,962 Thanks
    mansey
    2 CBE's have just arrived they are quite small, not that the ladies will mind

I will add them to my Christmas (very small) pile of things to wrap

Not sure if I won those and the milk bottle glasses this month or last month, I will need to check as I'm not sure if I have a win this month or not
    ― Billy Joel
    • Moneybot
    • By Moneybot 12th Oct 17, 4:01 PM
    • 6,364 Posts
    • 179,437 Thanks
    Moneybot
    2 CBE's have just arrived they are quite small, not that the ladies will mind

I will add them to my Christmas (very small) pile of things to wrap

Not sure if I won those and the milk bottle glasses this month or last month, I will need to check as I'm not sure if I have a win this month or not
    I got two Captain s too. Thought I had only won one.

Have been playing throw the capt'n with the dog.
    "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."
    Marcus Aurelius
    • mansey
    • By mansey 13th Oct 17, 12:11 AM
    • 3,190 Posts
    • 10,962 Thanks
    mansey
    Just got an October win of 10p from The Bird

Has anyone ever won anything decent from these searches?
    ― Billy Joel
    • mmm wine
    • By mmm wine 13th Oct 17, 2:44 PM
    • 631 Posts
    • 16,341 Thanks
    mmm wine
    Just got an October win of 10p from The Bird

Has anyone ever won anything decent from these searches?
    I won £1 yesterday, does that count as decent??
    • mmm wine
    • By mmm wine 13th Oct 17, 2:45 PM
    • 631 Posts
    • 16,341 Thanks
    mmm wine
    Sorry i've not been about guys, had the sickness bug in the house
    • mansey
    • By mansey 13th Oct 17, 2:57 PM
    • 3,190 Posts
    • 10,962 Thanks
    mansey
    I won £1 yesterday, does that count as decent??
    Originally posted by mmm wine
    Not really I was thinking more £100s

You didn't tell us about the cheese though
    ― Billy Joel
    • mmm wine
    • By mmm wine 13th Oct 17, 3:05 PM
    • 631 Posts
    • 16,341 Thanks
    mmm wine
    Not really I was thinking more £100s

You didn't tell us about the cheese though
    sorry, i'm in such a muddle at the mo! The last 2 weeks have been hell (last week major problems with my eldest, this week sickness bug!)

these are my october wins so far!

Captain birdseye toy
    cheese ( wykes #freecheesefriday)
    water bottle - lucazade made to move app
    Anchor little adventures backpack - asda comp
    10p topcashback & £1 topcashback

think that's it.. not bad considering i've entered hardly any comps
    • lisylou21
    • By lisylou21 13th Oct 17, 3:57 PM
    • 215 Posts
    • 1,346 Thanks
    lisylou21
    picked up a parcel from the post office this morning, it was a safari surprise from a kids magazine. Something else put up for christmas
    • mmm wine
    • By mmm wine 13th Oct 17, 4:29 PM
    • 631 Posts
    • 16,341 Thanks
    mmm wine
    mmmwine i think you are just filtered from search hun which is annoying but not the end of the world x
    Originally posted by ikkle87
    sorry, only just seen this!!! What does that mean exactly?? I've not been bothering to enter any twitter comps as assume no one can see my tweets unless they follow me?? which is peeing me off as i love twitter comps... I'm starting to think about setting up a new twitter account...
    • ikkle87
    • By ikkle87 13th Oct 17, 4:43 PM
    • 8,146 Posts
    • 176,388 Thanks
    ikkle87
    sorry, only just seen this!!! What does that mean exactly?? I've not been bothering to enter any twitter comps as assume no one can see my tweets unless they follow me?? which is peeing me off as i love twitter comps... I'm starting to think about setting up a new twitter account...
    Originally posted by mmm wine
    Everybody has got their knickers in a twist over shadow bans.

Basically When people searched your twitter username you didn’t show up but people’s tweets etc mentioning you did show up. Whilst it’s inconvenient not showing up in twitter search it’s not as big a deal as some people make it out to be (I think some people just like to have something to moan about or blame for lack of wins) most competition providers would search a hash tag or through their replies etc for a winner which you should show up on, a promoter is unlikely to say ooh let’s search and see if mmmwine has entered our comp so the fact searching your name brings nothing up shouldn’t cause you an issue.

Had you got the type of filtering where when you tweet people they get no notification and it doesn’t show up to them as an alert then you have an issue x
    You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

xx Mama to a gorgeous Cranio Baby xx
    • Moneybot
    • By Moneybot 13th Oct 17, 5:39 PM
    • 6,364 Posts
    • 179,437 Thanks
    Moneybot
    I don't think I have posted this already, apologies if I have. I have won £25 with my premium bond. now you may think so what and I know £25 isn't exactly life changing. I was given the £1 bond by my Nana for my first birthday and this is my first win. You can probably tell from the fact it's a £1 bond that I have had this for sometime. I am now going to spend this on gin and chocolate as is my want with windfalls. I will raise a glass to Nana and ask that the next win doesn't take quite as long or I might be past gin drinking by then ...
    "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."
    Marcus Aurelius
    • mansey
    • By mansey 13th Oct 17, 5:51 PM
    • 3,190 Posts
    • 10,962 Thanks
    mansey
    I don't think I have posted this already, apologies if I have. I have won £25 with my premium bond. now you may think so what and I know £25 isn't exactly life changing. I was given the £1 bond by my Nana for my first birthday and this is my first win. You can probably tell from the fact it's a £1 bond that I have had this for sometime. I am now going to spend this on gin and chocolate as is my want with windfalls. I will raise a glass to Nana and ask that the next win doesn't take quite as long or I might be past gin drinking by then ...
    Originally posted by Moneybot
    I have £25 of Premium Bonds that were bought for me by by Nana when I was just a wee bairn, I used to get 25p pocket money from my Nana and 25p pocket money from my Dad, and every Saturday morning I used to tootle down to the village post office with red post office saving book and pay it in. Many months later when it was £25 I took it out and bought Premium bonds with it, which I still have.

I sometimes see the odd thing about Premium Bonds and remember them, but these are always for the big pay outs so how do you check the smaller ones?
    ― Billy Joel
    • mansey
    • By mansey 13th Oct 17, 5:53 PM
    • 3,190 Posts
    • 10,962 Thanks
    mansey
    Originally posted by Moneybot
    Well done on your win and enjoy your gin and chocolate

Talking about gin as we were we have just been out this afternoon picking sloes, they have been cleaned and are now in the freezer, tomorrow they will be put into gin and we will have sloe gin for the New Year
    ― Billy Joel
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

50Posts Today

3,537Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin