Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mansey
    • By mansey 4th Dec 16, 8:50 PM
    • 3,019Posts
    • 10,149Thanks
    mansey
    50 Challenges 2017
    • 4th Dec 16, 8:50 PM
    50 Challenges 2017 4th Dec 16 at 8:50 PM
    NO MORE NAMES All 50 places have now been taken

Good Luck all

Last edited by mansey; 16-12-2016 at 10:46 PM.
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.”
    ― Billy Joel
Page 102
    • mansey
    • By mansey 9th Sep 17, 5:11 PM
    • 3,019 Posts
    • 10,149 Thanks
    mansey
    I have been busy trying to get my house back in order now the kids are all back to school! It still looks like a bomb site though.... lol I have a win to report!!! This morning i won an Oral B Pro 2500 Electric toothbrush on Facebook! Trying to think how this could possibly cross of this months challenge... do Newts have teeth??
    Originally posted by mmm wine
    Mrs Bot?
    ― Billy Joel
    • mansey
    • By mansey 9th Sep 17, 5:12 PM
    • 3,019 Posts
    • 10,149 Thanks
    mansey
    Of course I had to go Google

Yes, Newts do have teeth
    ― Billy Joel
    • Moneybot
    • By Moneybot 9th Sep 17, 7:47 PM
    • 6,263 Posts
    • 178,574 Thanks
    Moneybot
    The newt has considered the toothbrush and has decided as it's a "posh" one it can be claimed. Nobody try for a poundland one though ...

(Yes a know the newt is a bit of a snob...)
    Please note all references to "The Newt" are to my newt not to any other newt.

ps Yes I know the newt is my imaginary pet newt so is in fact a made up newt and the other newt or newts might be real newts but I don't care!!!!
    • GPark
    • By GPark 9th Sep 17, 8:01 PM
    • 469 Posts
    • 11,740 Thanks
    GPark
    It sounds like you had a lovely holiday

Ear infections were the bane of my life when my boys were little

Well done on your wins
    Originally posted by mansey
    Thank you Holiday was lovely, just what we needed to relax before term starts. Ear infection knocked me for six though |i'll be a lot motre sympathetic next time one of the kids gets one, I never realised how painful they were!

I've had a rubbish week at work. My job has been put at risk. The whole process will be dragged out and I will have to apply for other jobs in the organisation and I won't find out until the end of October if I have a job. If I don't get one, I will have lots of time to do the advents in between visits to the job centre and applying for new jobs.

O
    Originally posted by Marg2k8
    Sorry to hear about your job Marg2k8, I know how horrible that is to go through, hope its not too stresful for you and you end up with the job you want.
    September Wins:

Case of GreenKing IPA, A Dark Song DVD
    • GPark
    • By GPark 9th Sep 17, 8:03 PM
    • 469 Posts
    • 11,740 Thanks
    GPark
    I've been back at work and loosing my comping mojo so only entering very few, if any. Although it should teach me for not clearing my emails out, I had a win from the beginning of September that I have until today to claim, I only noticed it as I was notified by Twitter and decided to check my Twitter today.
    So spending the day clearing up the emails.
    Originally posted by Ms Dee
    Well done on your win Ms Dee hope you get your comping mojo back soon.
    September Wins:

Case of GreenKing IPA, A Dark Song DVD
    • mmm wine
    • By mmm wine 10th Sep 17, 2:09 PM
    • 617 Posts
    • 16,279 Thanks
    mmm wine
    The newt has considered the toothbrush and has decided as it's a "posh" one it can be claimed. Nobody try for a poundland one though ...

(Yes a know the newt is a bit of a snob...)
    Originally posted by Moneybot
    yay, thank you Newt!!!
    • mmm wine
    • By mmm wine 10th Sep 17, 2:11 PM
    • 617 Posts
    • 16,279 Thanks
    mmm wine
    the company i won the toothbrush from want me to send a pic once i've received it, which i'm always happy to do BUT they want me in the pic too i hate being in photo's
    • mansey
    • By mansey 10th Sep 17, 8:58 PM
    • 3,019 Posts
    • 10,149 Thanks
    mansey
    the company i won the toothbrush from want me to send a pic once i've received it, which i'm always happy to do BUT they want me in the pic too i hate being in photo's

Get one of your brood to pose with it
    ― Billy Joel
    • Marg2k8
    • By Marg2k8 10th Sep 17, 9:26 PM
    • 4,052 Posts
    • 148,747 Thanks
    Marg2k8
    I would hate that too. Can you just take a close up of the brush and your teeth, or the brush in your hand?

• Ms Dee
    • By Ms Dee 12th Sep 17, 5:54 PM
    • 2,486 Posts
    • 105,790 Thanks
    Ms Dee
    Thanks GPark.

I entered a few competitions today, I entered one at 11.56 that ended at 12 and won some craft dies!
    Thank you to everyone who posts competitions and good luck to everyone who enters.

50 Challenges 2017 - 42/50
    • Moneybot
    • By Moneybot 13th Sep 17, 9:44 AM
    • 6,263 Posts
    • 178,574 Thanks
    Moneybot
    Just popping in as have had a win of note for the first time in a while.

Tickets to a secret show for Amnesty International including the band Idlewild (claiming the letter I after confirming it's ok with the newtness).

Unfortunately it's on a Wednesday in Edinburgh so I can't go but Mr Bot and mini Bot can.

ps Yes I know the newt is my imaginary pet newt so is in fact a made up newt and the other newt or newts might be real newts but I don't care!!!!
    • I Love comps
    • By I Love comps 13th Sep 17, 4:34 PM
    • 771 Posts
    • 2,338 Thanks
    I Love comps
    I can report my second win of the month. A Eyeko sports mascara - catch and curl. Worth £19.

I can add to my total of wins.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping Boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are my own and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board Guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Moneybot
    • By Moneybot 14th Sep 17, 1:41 PM
    • 6,263 Posts
    • 178,574 Thanks
    Moneybot
    I can report my second win of the month. A Eyeko sports mascara - catch and curl. Worth £19.

I can add to my total of wins.
    Originally posted by I Love comps
    And if you haven't already you can claim that as a newt related prize! Well done.

• lucinad
    • By lucinad 14th Sep 17, 2:38 PM
    • 3,828 Posts
    • 154,069 Thanks
    lucinad
    i have just had my 1st september win!! was getting a bit panicky!
    just won https://twitter.com/UKMumstv/status/908320686158032899 i am not sure this is newt related>>> what would a newt even do with that!

i was going to come on and claim fresh air as i know newts love breathing! and that was all i was winning
    50 challenge letters: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
    September wins:
    • lucinad
    • By lucinad 14th Sep 17, 5:28 PM
    • 3,828 Posts
    • 154,069 Thanks
    lucinad
    actually i think i have won 3 of them! the final prize seems to be all three! https://twitter.com/UKMumstv/status/908319910945808384

these will have to hide somewhere till christmas probably
    50 challenge letters: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
    September wins:
    • Moneybot
    • By Moneybot 14th Sep 17, 8:37 PM
    • 6,263 Posts
    • 178,574 Thanks
    Moneybot
    i have just had my 1st september win!! was getting a bit panicky!
    just won https://twitter.com/UKMumstv/status/908320686158032899 i am not sure this is newt related>>> what would a newt even do with that!

i was going to come on and claim fresh air as i know newts love breathing! and that was all i was winning
    Originally posted by lucinad
    The newt loves it!

You can count that (whatever it actually is).

• Ms Dee
    • By Ms Dee 17th Sep 17, 1:07 AM
    • 2,486 Posts
    • 105,790 Thanks
    Ms Dee
    Thank you to everyone who posts competitions and good luck to everyone who enters.

50 Challenges 2017 - 42/50
    • mansey
    • By mansey 17th Sep 17, 1:27 AM
    • 3,019 Posts
    • 10,149 Thanks
    mansey
    Let's hear all about your wins and how your week has been in today's Sunday Social

We have been away for a few days, I will catch up tomorrow
    I feel the same way as Kite and Fizz tonight

Last edited by mansey; 17-09-2017 at 1:31 AM.
    ― Billy Joel
    • bluesooz
    • By bluesooz 17th Sep 17, 9:03 AM
    • 4,163 Posts
    • 427,325 Thanks
    bluesooz
    hope you had a good time away mansey - hope it wasn't as 'eventful' as the last caravan outing.

All quiet here at last. Son passed his driving test - I've been taking him driving every day for the past month, so that worked - and now he's back at uni.
    Had builders in and now they're gone too - hurrah

Postie delivered a pile of thriller/crime books - no idea what comp it was from. Does the newt like a good thriller?
    Big thanks to all who post
    • I Love comps
    • By I Love comps 17th Sep 17, 9:42 AM
    • 771 Posts
    • 2,338 Thanks
    I Love comps
    Two very small wins from yesterday. A bottle of Lucozade from the 'Made to move ' app comp (worth £1.50).
    A massive £3.60 from euromillions this is my share of the win as I went halves on a ticket with the hubby.
    I can only update money value so £5.10 to add to that.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping Boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are my own and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board Guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

50Posts Today

2,297Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin