Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mansey
    • By mansey 4th Dec 16, 8:50 PM
    • 3,019Posts
    • 10,149Thanks
    mansey
    50 Challenges 2017
    • 4th Dec 16, 8:50 PM
    50 Challenges 2017 4th Dec 16 at 8:50 PM
    NO MORE NAMES All 50 places have now been taken

Good Luck all

Last edited by mansey; 16-12-2016 at 10:46 PM.
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.”
    ― Billy Joel
Page 101
    • mansey
    • By mansey 7th Sep 17, 4:13 PM
    • 3,019 Posts
    • 10,149 Thanks
    mansey
    I got my tube of Monuskin delicate face wash today
    Originally posted by Ms Dee
    Use it sparingly
    ― Billy Joel
    • mansey
    • By mansey 7th Sep 17, 4:15 PM
    • 3,019 Posts
    • 10,149 Thanks
    mansey
    I got my tube of Monuskin delicate face wash today
    Originally posted by Ms Dee

Look at all these folks brown nosing to the Newt
    ― Billy Joel
    • fraserbooks
    • By fraserbooks 7th Sep 17, 4:40 PM
    • 242 Posts
    • 5,399 Thanks
    fraserbooks
    I entered a couple of competitions today and I was wondering if the newt would like the prize rather than if I would.
    Last edited by fraserbooks; 08-09-2017 at 7:26 PM.
    • mansey
    • By mansey 7th Sep 17, 4:46 PM
    • 3,019 Posts
    • 10,149 Thanks
    mansey
    I entered a couple of competitions today and I was wondering if the next would like the prize rather than if I would.
    Originally posted by fraserbooks
    I don't understand what you mean frasersbooks?
    ― Billy Joel
    • mansey
    • By mansey 7th Sep 17, 4:49 PM
    • 3,019 Posts
    • 10,149 Thanks
    mansey
    The watch and dog food I won came today

So happy hubby and happy ladies

Now time to win something for me
    ― Billy Joel
    • ikkle87
    • By ikkle87 7th Sep 17, 5:29 PM
    • 8,138 Posts
    • 176,356 Thanks
    ikkle87
    The watch and dog food I won came today

So happy hubby and happy ladies

Now time to win something for me
    Originally posted by mansey
    haha you sound like me, I'm quite good at winning for everyone else too x
    Save
    You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

xx Mama to a gorgeous Cranio Baby xx
    • mansey
    • By mansey 8th Sep 17, 1:56 AM
    • 3,019 Posts
    • 10,149 Thanks
    mansey
    I was just going through the lists and looking at folks total amounts for the year so far, there are some very impressive amounts

Then I realised I have not updated for ages so I am going through this thread post by post looking for my wins (that will teach me to keep up to date )

I am having some great laughs along the way though you lot are crazy

I am up to May 1st and writing my wins into a diary, a diary I bought to write my wins in last December

I will catch up soon
    ― Billy Joel
    • stefalfie11
    • By stefalfie11 8th Sep 17, 11:49 AM
    • 206 Posts
    • 6,490 Thanks
    stefalfie11
    Congratulations on your wins everyone! I have tried my monu face wash, it's nice but can't say it's any better than the cheapy one I normally buy, definitely wouldn't fork out for it myself.

Noticed this competition on the main board, 2000 prizes so might be good for a september win
    50 Challenge 2017 - 42/50
    • mansey
    • By mansey 8th Sep 17, 8:11 PM
    • 3,019 Posts
    • 10,149 Thanks
    mansey
    Tis very quiet in here

What you up to?
    ― Billy Joel
    • GPark
    • By GPark 8th Sep 17, 9:47 PM
    • 469 Posts
    • 11,740 Thanks
    GPark
    I've just had a week off comping after a week in West Wales with no wi-fi

Had a lovely week, paddling in the sea at sunset, crab fishing, dolphin spotting (saw loads), took the kids on their first boat trip....was lovely, very quiet and just what my son needed before going back to school.

Friday ended up in a drs in Aberaeron for 3 hours waiting for an emergency appointment Managed to get an ear infection from swimming, which has now developed into an abscess

So been home since Monday and spent the entire week in bed as can't stand up without getting dizzy. On the plus side, I've completely caught up on all the comps I missed while on holiday

Have had 2 wins to start the month with, A Dark Song DVD, so I'm claiming that as my A and September.

Also, won a case of GreenKing IPA on twitter Unfortunately I can't get it to fit any of my remaining letters! Thought of trying K but figured the newt would say no Aw well at least hubby is happy I won him some beer
    September Wins:

Case of GreenKing IPA, A Dark Song DVD
    • mansey
    • By mansey 8th Sep 17, 10:34 PM
    • 3,019 Posts
    • 10,149 Thanks
    mansey
    It sounds like you had a lovely holiday

Ear infections were the bane of my life when my boys were little

Well done on your wins
    ― Billy Joel
    • Marg2k8
    • By Marg2k8 9th Sep 17, 7:37 AM
    • 4,052 Posts
    • 148,748 Thanks
    Marg2k8
    I've had a rubbish week at work. My job has been put at risk. The whole process will be dragged out and I will have to apply for other jobs in the organisation and I won't find out until the end of October if I have a job. If I don't get one, I will have lots of time to do the advents in between visits to the job centre and applying for new jobs.

On the plus side, I won a pair of tickets to Bestival. I won't be going, but DD is going to go today and taking a friend (by the time I was notified I had won, it was too late for her to try and get time off work to go earlier). The weather looks to be lots and lots of rain, so hope her tent doesn't get washed away. The tickets have my name on and you have to take ID, so she is just hoping it is ok as her surname is the same as mind that they don't question it.

• Marg2k8
    • By Marg2k8 9th Sep 17, 7:44 AM
    • 4,052 Posts
    • 148,748 Thanks
    Marg2k8
    Just reading through the older posts on here, congratulations everyone on your wins. I think perhaps by 'the next' fraserbooks meant to say 'the newt'. That reminds me, would the newt like to go to Bestival? I'm sure DD could find space in the tent for a little one and she could sneak in by hiding under the car seat.

• Marg2k8
    • By Marg2k8 9th Sep 17, 12:46 PM
    • 4,052 Posts
    • 148,748 Thanks
    Marg2k8
    There is a competition here 6048 prizes for anyone that needs it to complete a challenge.

• Ms Dee
    • By Ms Dee 9th Sep 17, 12:47 PM
    • 2,486 Posts
    • 105,794 Thanks
    Ms Dee
    Tis very quiet in here

What you up to?
    Originally posted by mansey
    I've been back at work and loosing my comping mojo so only entering very few, if any. Although it should teach me for not clearing my emails out, I had a win from the beginning of September that I have until today to claim, I only noticed it as I was notified by Twitter and decided to check my Twitter today.
    So spending the day clearing up the emails.
    Thank you to everyone who posts competitions and good luck to everyone who enters.

50 Challenges 2017 - 42/50
    • Ms Dee
    • By Ms Dee 9th Sep 17, 12:59 PM
    • 2,486 Posts
    • 105,794 Thanks
    Ms Dee
    Sounds like you had a lovely time away GPark, sorry to hear about the ear infection but glad you managed to catch up with the competitions!

Sorry to hear about your job Marg, fingers crossed it all goes well for you.
    Thank you to everyone who posts competitions and good luck to everyone who enters.

50 Challenges 2017 - 42/50
    • Moneybot
    • By Moneybot 9th Sep 17, 1:49 PM
    • 6,263 Posts
    • 178,574 Thanks
    Moneybot
    I entered a couple of competitions today and I was wondering if the newt would like the prize rather than if I would.
    Originally posted by fraserbooks
    Hello is that a bribe for the newt?

You know the newt is incorruptible (unless it's chocolate or gin or lipstick).

I have had such a busy week at work (start of term) I have been too tired to do any comping apart from the odd instagram one where I have been tagged (thanks to the taggers for that).

Congratulations on everybody's wins.
    Please note all references to "The Newt" are to my newt not to any other newt.

ps Yes I know the newt is my imaginary pet newt so is in fact a made up newt and the other newt or newts might be real newts but I don't care!!!!
    • mansey
    • By mansey 9th Sep 17, 1:53 PM
    • 3,019 Posts
    • 10,149 Thanks
    mansey
    Just reading through the older posts on here, congratulations everyone on your wins. I think perhaps by 'the next' fraserbooks meant to say 'the newt'. That reminds me, would the newt like to go to Bestival? I'm sure DD could find space in the tent for a little one and she could sneak in by hiding under the car seat.
    Originally posted by Marg2k8
    Tell the Newt you are having a chit day and she IS going to Bestival like it or lump it
    ― Billy Joel
    • Moneybot
    • By Moneybot 9th Sep 17, 2:05 PM
    • 6,263 Posts
    • 178,574 Thanks
    Moneybot
    Originally posted by Marg2k8
    The newt would love bestival! I would need to come with her though as she has very special needs
    Please note all references to "The Newt" are to my newt not to any other newt.

ps Yes I know the newt is my imaginary pet newt so is in fact a made up newt and the other newt or newts might be real newts but I don't care!!!!
    • mmm wine
    • By mmm wine 9th Sep 17, 4:09 PM
    • 617 Posts
    • 16,279 Thanks
    mmm wine
    I have been busy trying to get my house back in order now the kids are all back to school! It still looks like a bomb site though.... lol I have a win to report!!! This morning i won an Oral B Pro 2500 Electric toothbrush on Facebook! Trying to think how this could possibly cross of this months challenge... do Newts have teeth??
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

109Posts Today

1,138Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin